Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,060 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation (24181 Views)

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction / Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by AreaFada2: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2018
wills2437:
fact# at least I found sum1 Wu is thinking lyk me
wat if he failed her so dat she can cum 2 him 4 help?
he may av strategised d scenario already. if she wrote d complaint, wat if d letter was nt seen? he claimed dat he was black mailed at least dere are labs in which voices can be tested Nd confirmed. I also support d gal nt cumin out cuz if she did, she would be lambasted 4 spoiling d sch image Nd now dat she didn't cum out pple claim dat she is lying. she just av 2 choose 1 dat favours her most. If she cums out, her lyf may be threatened etc. if m d lady u think I would cum out 2?
This is where our system is a failure. Since this allegation involves sexual harassment, sex for gratification to commit an act capable of undermining the integrity, standards and quality of a public institution, the prosecution service and the police should already have taken up the case.

They would grant the girl anonymity as victims of sexual harassment should be entitled to. Especially considering our culture of stigma.

The idea of coming forward to face a hostile gathering of dons the age of her granddad, most of them on same boat of banging their students is total madness.
How can she expect fairness there?

You wonder where all the "e-feminists" are when they are needed to assist a sister. Or they just limit their duty to shouting all men are scum, when they should blame themselves for their poor choices in men.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by oluwasegun007(m): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

The girl was asked to make a complaint/put her complaint in writing for investigations tocommence. She did not, did not even send legal representation....so the case is dead on arrival.

If someone commits a crime against you, would it be prosecuted by 'them say'?

She started what she couldn't finish

She's probably scared.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
Any wonder why Nigeria is shit. Someone was caught with stolen meat in his mouth and oil all over his clothes and some people here are still asking to inspect his poo to see if there are remnants of the meat inside. Sexual gratification for marks is a serious crime anywhere in the world. A professor of a prestigious school like OAU for that matter. No wonder our certificates have turn to shit internationally. Shameless professor Richard Akindele. I don't know what investigation or stupid committee they are setting up when everything is live on audio on the internet. Even to identify the girl won't be difficult if the school were serious. Afterall she is not a ghost in her class.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by calliope(f): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
J2381:
Not always true. The system can be defeated with fact and proof. In this case, the female student has refuse to put a face/name to her voice. So there's literally nothing anybody can do to make that prof pay.
am I missing something here? Isn't the "voice note" proof enough ? If the system truly works, it wont be necessary to put a name or face to the female voice before charging the professor, because it was his voice and that of a female which would have to be a student, to be able to have that kind of conversation in the first place.

It's obvious the university community would rather protect their image, than make the useless professor pay for his crimes. And you want her to risk her life to a failed system that doesn't care about her well being? Come on Joe! why would she in the first place put a face to it? So, she can be dealt severely with? What's your point?

I tell you, if you want to fight the system, you only need to know how. That's all it takes. Many Nigerians are oblivious about how to bend or use the law.
i think, it's more of a deliberateness to not want to engage the system, for the few who are not oblivious to the law, because after that, then what? How many persons who have traded that part were successful? So what's the essence of knowing the law , when it's still wouldn't overtone anything in the first place?

Tell me, how many times did you read your NYSC hand book?
Twice, it still didn't change anything when I quoted a "sub section" of it, during my panel hearing.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Charly68: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:
OAU should please spare me this huge balderdash accompanied with nonsense.

What do they mean by the "accuser not coming forward"? I really do not understand. The audio clip has been released, conversation was recorded. Why must the 'lady' present herself to the enquiry panel? A sane institution is expected to fairly evaluate the evidence, call the accused culprit and take the role of the prosecutor.

OK, let's assume a notorious cultist member deliberately kills a lecturer for some unknown reasons. Will the dead lecturer be expected tell his own story before OAU address the case if there are enough evidences?
It's lucidly apparent that the traditional protection of lecturers in face of undeniable offences is still prevalent in a top flight academic like OAU.
NONSENSE!
. They operate like cult members in that school..
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by brojoshua: 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
Of course because Nigeria is very corrupt and there is no justice, and every sin used to go unpunished, even all the corrupt and criminals in the houses of assembly got away free with all their corrupt cases
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Antichristus: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
Mires:
I am laughing at the comments on NL. Bloggers and commentators hardly know the intrigues playing out in this matter.

In a University community, there's always a cabal. Most times, these cabals meet in senior staff club. And of a truth, injury to a member of the cabal, is injury to all.

The cabal can take it upon itself to deal decisively with the young girl if she comes out to make a formal submission of what transpired given that the law requires the prosecutor to make a formal submission against the defensed.

As it is today, no one knows the whereabout of the student. Whether she's alive, dead, or assassinated by the cabals or prof's hit men is oblivion to social commentators.

As it is, the case isn't a simple one considering the rank of the personnel involved. If it was a case against a young academic, it would have been celebrated even by professors.

Many Nigerians, arguably, are daft, going by comments on this case both on this thread and several others. The girl in this matter doesn't need to come out. What the university simply needs to do is invite the academic in question for questioning. He needs to satisfactorily explain how the recorded conversation doesn't tantamount to sex for grades, failing which he should be summarily dismissed. Of course, he should be free to sue the university to the law court for unfair dismissal - a case he cannot successfully prosecute.

Secondly, he is an Anglican priest. Have you heard any comments from the leadership of the Anglican church both at the Diocesan and Provincial levels? Nope. Why not? Because they are all the same. The foregoing explains why Nigeria is forever doomed. No amount night vigils, prayers and fasting would return it to its glorious past. ANT OF, AND DISGRACE TO, AFRICA.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Antichristus: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
@ Mirees: "the law requires the prosecutor to make a formal submission against the defensed." Can you cite the specific law, please. Do you know about circumstantial evidence in law? A few years ago the University of Manchester sacked a long standing professor simply on circumstantial evidence based on recording of this professor in adult sexual material. Nigeria is doomed due to public officers acting with impunity.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by J2381: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
calliope:
am I missing something here? Isn't the "voice note" proof enough ? If the system truly works, it wont be necessary to put a name or face to the female voice before charging the professor, because it was his voice and that of a female which would have to be a student, to be able to have that kind of conversation in the first place.
on the contrary, it's very necessary. That voice note doesn't really prove anything. It's the same reason why there need to be a physical dead body in a murder case. Things like name of the person, department, faculty and even the day the recording was made need to be establish first. Did it occur to you if the recording was made ten years ago?

It's obvious the university community would rather protect their image, than make the useless professor pay for his crimes. And you want her to risk her life to a failed system that doesn't care about her well being? Come on Joe! why would she in the first place put a face to it? So, she can be dealt severely with? What's your point?
ask yourself why she made the recording in the first place. I tell you, universities love cases like this, it's just so they can show the world they don't tolerate nonsense behaviour from students and lecturers alike.

i think, it's more of a deliberateness to not want to engage the system, for the few who are not oblivious to the law, because after that, then what? How many persons who have traded that part were successful? So what's the essence of knowing the law , when it's still wouldn't overtone anything in the first place?
many persons where successful but it's not something you read about everyday. Knowing the law set you apart, makes you know what to say and who to say it to. Imagine a motor park tout asking to see your drivers license? That's the point I'm making.

Twice, it still didn't change anything when I quoted a "sub section" of it, during my panel hearing.
What exactly was your offence? What happened?
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by AiiVee(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
thats how everything is in Nigeria...after clamoring on social media, it all dies down until another one comes up, then the cycle continues.
what can we do
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Antichristus: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
goodnews777:
Is Nigerian justice system different from that of other civilized world ?. So, are they saying if he killed her, they will be looking for her to testify against him? The professor is not denying that he was in the tape, there is a student he gave that mark, etc. They are not persecuting him because he is not alone. It will open a can of worms.
That man should have immediately been arrested and questioned, other students classmates of the girl would have been questioned who could easily identified the student in question. Its not rocket science, that girl is afraid for her life. She could be kidnapped and killed. The school should do the needful and turn the case over to EFCC immediately.

This type of commentary gives me hope that some Nigerians still think aright.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Antichristus: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
AiiVee:
thats how everything is in Nigeria...after clamoring on social media, it all dies down until another one comes up, then the cycle continues.
what can we do

Very true, the Faculty of Law, University of Calabar was in the eye of the storm for exactly the same issue. What happened, the he goat was exonerated.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by oloriooko(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
I have questions for the girl:
1. What biz has she calling the lecturer after seeing she failed
2. As a student that actually wrote the exam, you have the right to contest your mark if you're sure of what you wrote in the exam
3. If the girl was truly accosted by the lecturer for sex, going to the social media was the dumbest thing to do, why didn't she find a human right lawyer to confide in and fight for her rights.

This case is very delicate and the girl went about it the wrong way, now she has succeeded in nailing her coffin and the alleged culprit going free.
A lady student calling a lecturer after exam result is out gives a wrong signal even if the lecturer never think in that direction. Under no condition should a student especially a lady student approach any lecturer for any sort of help after failing a course. The best will be to face the music and re-sit the course.
I feel for this lady and really wish she had carefully and cautiously handled the matter better than she did.

As for alleged randy lecturer his end is fast approaching if truly he indulges in this heinous behavior

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by FabioPeter: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
I expect the Fests Keyamo's of this world to offer free legal service to this lady. Looks like a good case for the court which ranks way higher than a school's senate committee.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by 01mcfadden(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
chukwukahenry:
can u see dat?

Stop lying.

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Opoki(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
LMAO, them neva investigate, mehn don start they
prosecute and sentence the innocent man for social
media
I dont just get it. when a man is being harassed, na so
you
go see some feminazi turn detective with their stupid
inferences.
but if na woman them harass, it will be better for that man
to tie a stone to his neck and drown in the river.
and still you go dey see some sh**t load of f**ked up
zombie brains dey come out say them be feminist.

My brother, I'm a member of this probing panel but we are lost in the investigation, in fact we don't know how to proceed because:

1. The audio was confirmed to be authentic.
2. The respondent voice (Prof. Richard) is confirmed to be genuine.
3. The caller tune was his own, HOD attested to it.

The only problem is that we need to establish if this man have sex with the said lady or not but no matter how this is done, prof is already indicted, if a student tempts him with sex for mark, such student can be reported for neccasary punishment by the Senate but in this case, prof was seen been desperate.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by CioAngels(f): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
The lecturers knows what they are doing, the committee members themselves, are they innocent? of course they all know the girl is not lying. They want the girl to come out so that her education will end, the professor Akindele himself should tell the committee member who the girl is, after all he knows who he broached sure conversion with. Rather than shape the life's of the children for the better, no, you people choose to destroy their life's, while you have good women at home as wives. Lecturers wickedly keep the children in school without graduation because they wont let you sleep with them. They forget that, the devil things you do to others will one day berth at your door step, but unfortunately, rather than you suffering the sin you committed it will fall on your innocent children. Whether they find you wanting or not, you have been disgraced because people knows the shameful act is true. Lecturers, you people should teach and see the children have good education because it is people like you are the reasons why the children are not employable because all you people do is lie against them when you know you are not teaching them to understand and prepare for their future. You all are contributing to the fall of education in Nigeria. Shameless male prostitutes.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Crixina(f): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
I know this ashawo girl must have been bleeping other
lecturers just to pass....when I was a student,we had
many of them in my department.......beautiful endowed
ladies with empty brain
if she had studied her books,she would have passed..most of
them do cohabit with their bfs and bleep every night,when
would they have time to read?stupid slay bitch

she would have asked for remark of her paper but it's apparent she failed
exactly what I told a friend today, this never happens to intelligent students...make dem free the man jor. It's not like the man failed her and then asked for sex, but she failed woefully and needed an upgrade.

The audio was just uploaded coz the man refused to keep paying the silly boyfriend.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Crixina(f): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
oloriooko:
I have questions for the girl:
1. What biz has she calling the lecturer after seeing she failed
2. As a student that actually wrote the exam, you have the right to contest your mark if you're sure of what you wrote in the exam
3. If the girl was truly accosted by the lecturer for sex, going to the social media was the dumbest thing to do, why didn't she find a human right lawyer to confide in and fight for her rights.

This case is very delicate and the girl went about it the wrong way, now she has succeeded in nailing her coffin and the alleged culprit going free.
A lady student calling a lecturer after exam result is out gives a wrong signal even if the lecturer never think in that direction. Under no condition should a student especially a lady student approach any lecturer for any sort of help after failing a course. The best will be to face the music and re-sit the course.
I feel for this lady and really wish she had carefully and cautiously handled the matter better than she did.

As for alleged randy lecturer his end is fast approaching if truly he indulges in this heinous behavior
Since this case came up, people have been saying all manner of things without considering all angles to this.
I'm in this system and I understand what most unserious and lazy ass students do, I have actually seen a whatsapp message a part one student sent to a colleague asking what she should do about a failed course, the fellow asked her to prepare better for next year,
She was like and I quote "Sir, why are you acting as if you don't know what i want, if it is money you want, tell me, if you want me to come over to see you somewhere, tell me, why are you acting as if you don't know what your colleagues are doing".

I was shocked,
I'm not trying to say these foolish randy lecturers are not to be blamed, but trust me, it's a two way street.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by sirblue722(m): 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
whn shall we grow up to face a menacing issue starring at us? young girls nw believes dey can take a detour in graduating frm school by leveraging on a 'modern day barter' our society seem to welcome and condone it because if she comes out she will be stigmatise
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by luckyz4rea(m): 7:12am On Apr 16, 2018
MrHistorian:
OAU should please spare me this huge balderdash accompanied with nonsense.

What do they mean by the "accuser not coming forward"? I really do not understand. The audio clip has been released, conversation was recorded. Why must the 'lady' present herself to the enquiry panel? A sane institution is expected to fairly evaluate the evidence, call the accused culprit and take the role of the prosecutor.

OK, let's assume a notorious cultist member deliberately kills a lecturer for some unknown reasons. Will the dead lecturer be expected tell his own story before OAU address the case if there are enough evidences?

It's lucidly apparent that the traditional protection of lecturers in face of undeniable offences is still prevalent in a top flight academic like OAU.

NONSENSE!

I quite agree with your view because it makes sense but the man cannot be convicted until the accuser comes out with evidence to really prove that the man did the alleged.

Regardless or despite the circulation of the recording or even if it's the video of the act that went viral, the accuser still needs to come out and defend herself with probably other related evidences.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by zamanii: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kingsley10000:
LMAO, them neva investigate, mehn don start they
prosecute and sentence the innocent man for social
media
I dont just get it. when a man is being harassed, na so
you
go see some feminazi turn detective with their stupid
inferences.
but if na woman them harass, it will be better for that man
to tie a stone to his neck and drown in the river.
and still you go dey see some sh**t load of f**ked up
zombie brains dey come out say them be feminist.

You are a slowpoke to have come up with this crap load of nonsense as comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 3 Universities In Nigeria By THE 2019: Key Statistics, Breakdown Performance / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.