Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? (154828 Views)

Remove Thermostat From New Car / Thermostat / My Experience With Thermostat Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? by Kjnwancaro: 1:19am On May 13, 2017
DorlanEyes:
Hi everyone, am pretty new in here.
i have gone through the thread and i quite appreciate the contributions.

I drive a 2003 Toyota Camry and i notice the water level in the radiator usually goes down while the level in the reservoir increases beyond the normal level. Lately, i have to check the water level before driving out. Please note that no leakages have been noted in the radiator. The thermostat hasn't been removed and the radiator is single cell.

Mechanic 1 said i should change the single cell radiator to double cell;
Mechanic 2 said i should change the radiator cap;
Mechanic 3 said the top gasket is flat and should be changed

I will appreciate some advice around it as i'm not a fan of trial and error.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses

Also change reservoir cap
Re: Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? by Pitokwe(m): 6:16am On Jun 06, 2018
This thread is quite expository. Thanks a lot to the major contributors.

I just took my Toyota highlander 2003 to automedics in ikeja for complete scan since I noticed it was consuming much fuel and the road side mechanics have been fleecing me for long with out any result.

After a proper diagnosis,though expensive. 15k.they discovered a lot of things that been done to my car including the removal of the thermostat and the fan running direct,and so many others.

It's going to cost me about 150k now to put everything back to factory setting including the thermostat.

Ignorance and being penny wise finishes most of us and we end up damaging our vehicles we spent a lot to buy.

I came here to read,because some folk out here were still advising me to keep my money and not mind the automedics report.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? by Jameswalk087: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
Good evening everyone here, I’m new here and I’ve been seeing discussions about thermostat, remove and don’t remove, what about the case of thermostat that failed to open to releases water to engine on motion, and you know car owner we always be car owner some of them don’t look at temperature cauge often and the engine encounter overheating and got knock, what do we have to say about that, please I want to lean through this solution thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? by adekzy: 12:44am On Oct 05, 2019
Very educative thread, kudos to the contributor.

What can someone do if you noticed that the coolant is leaking out as a result of erupting, and the car is heating up unnecessary.

A Toyota Camry 2002 V6

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.