Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,285 members, 7,780,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response (13696 Views)

Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day / How To Plan Your Applications To Apply For MS & Phd Admissions In The U.S. / Companies Hiring During COVID-19 -here Are 6 That Want Your Applications Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2018
Benjom:

No sir... If non is specified, "Word" should be your first option.

oga! because of software incompatibility between different versions of MS word, it is advisable to use pdf.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by masterpman: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2018
LETTER TO MY PRESIDENT (your excellence sir MOHAMEDU buhari)
i want to bring the 77rri state screening exercises going on in all d state to ur notice sir, that the screening is been base on godfather reason and those of us that do not have godfather are been screen and send back home 4 no genue reason and d people d are screening out we are d people ready to do d work sir those with godfather will run from d work because d never suffer to get it, and this corruption Practice called godfatherreason is mustly practice within d 19 northern state of d country Mr president d army state screening is becoming something else we want ur immediate attention sir thanks

please i want this post to b in d front page thanks
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by qanda: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2018
There is a school of thought that advice that CV should be in PDF format to protect the integrity of the document as against Microsoft Office Word Format, PDF format is better in our opinion. Meanwhile, In addition to their CVs, job seekers should go extra mile to submit a Cover Letter and ensure that they look through their CVs for errors before submitting it.

Note: Download Job Test Resources - Practise Questions and Answers on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

1 Like

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2018
qanda:
There is a school of thought that advice that CV should be in PDF format to protect the integrity of the document as against Microsoft Office Word Format, PDF format is better in our opinion. Meanwhile, In addition to their CVs, job seekers should go extra mile to submit a Cover Letter and ensure that they look through their CVs for errors before submitting it.

Note: Download Job Test Resources - Practise Questions and Answers on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

Benjom:

No sir... If non is specified, "Word" should be your first option.

hope say you don hear!

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Benjom(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

hope say you don hear!

Yes, I've heard sir.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by henryhemon(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2018
Venerable612:
Op... there is never a perfect Job Application. If you send us your personal CV, someone will probably spot one or two errors, if not more than.

Thing is... Having a referral or insider takes you 50% closer. God factor completes it, or makes it up if you don’t have an inside man.

Unless, of course, aptitude tests are involved: which normally levels the playing field. Ultimately, we only get what God wants us to - perfect application or not.

This is as simple as it can be.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2018
Benjom:

Yes, I've heard sir.
Good! smiley
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by KillerBeauty(f): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2018
They have removed the "Human" from "Human resources.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by 4C2215131: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2018
martineverest:
As if u went there to verify/know the reason for the lack of response..... Oversabi

Funnily and ironic enough, the writer's applications might also be somewhere unresponded

Hehehehehe...you sure cracked me up!
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2018
KillerBeauty:
They have removed the "Human" from "Human resources.

lol!
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2018
Enough of all this precautions jare. The simple fact is that there are no jobs, rather limited jobs.
A simple and concise CV should get you a job in a sane society because the last time I checked, getting a job depends majorly on qualification and experience, not how great your CV is.

Also have this at the back of your mind, When you are connected like 4G, Just a text message with your details will count more than your beautifully made CV.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Fitnessman(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2018
Vital points you just gave right there

1 Like

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by naijanative: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2018
Swargu:
I just saw something new, do you mean using pdf format is not advisable
PDFs are actually better than word documents for a number of obvious reasons. If applying to a small organization where a real human checks your CV first, use pdf. When applying to big organizations, it's preferable to use word format.
qanda:

1 Like

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by leonard002(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2018
#ownyourownbusiness
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 15, 2018
hemartins:
All these HR trying to look smart in selection processes. They use flimsy excuses in disqualifying candidates. Age, key words, tailored CV and Bla Bla Bla.
I can master all these act and be presented as the best candidate for the job but still be incapable.
The best candidate don't appears too perfect or fully refined.
If they are many firms in Nigeria, you wouldn't see those execuses from employers
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2018
Olachase:
OP will u keep shot ur mouth I work in guiness as an conveyor engineer without cv or result.

must I come to ur house and tell u all u need is connection
You don't mean it shocked shocked
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by bossrillboss: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2018
ogunnoikitaiwo:
when company need like 8 workers nd over 500 pple somit cv....meaningless post....let me go nd buy condom jor..
..abeg if e remain I nid am,cos man must just relax na.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by naijanative: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
Mcfiltermouth:
How about "u don't have connection" grin

I will treat this in my next post. Statistics show that up to 85% of jobs are filled through networking.
However some jobs are still filled through traditional ways. Even when recommended, you may not get the job if you don't package yourself well. These include your cv, interview, carriage and fitness for the job.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by cashcity: 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
I'm just laughing at you all and CV. Who cv or resume help. I secured a federal government job by just texting my, name, academic grade, date of birth, school to my uncle.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Dreydoe(m): 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
cashcity:
I'm just laughing at you all and CV. Who cv or resume help. I secured a federal government job by just texting my, name, academic grade, date of birth, school to my uncle.
biko.. Shey I should send u my details too for ur uncle...

Ur uncle head dey dere..
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by beresponsible(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
AntiRiot:
I will also add poor grammar. Many graduate these days can hardly string 2 or 3 sentences without grammatical error and poor punctuation.
op pls correct grammar is why your applications are not getting responses. Like my man said grammatical errors
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by Benjom(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

oga! because of software incompatibility between different versions of MS word, it is advisable to use pdf.

Full article here: https://www.topresume.com/career-advice/what-is-an-ats-resume

That site is a "go-to" any day any time... with over 15 years of its existence online and ranked very high above other sites in the same career vicinity.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by daxon001(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Olachase:
OP will u keep shot ur mouth I work in guiness as an conveyor engineer without cv or result.

must I come to ur house and tell u all u need is connection

l like this. I am gonna be as straight forward as can be.
I'll go for service in July. I majored in industrial chemistry from Unibadan. I need to get a placement in a company such as yours. Be it volunteering, being an intern, or getting a very low level job there, I don't mind. Can you please help me out? I don't want to say I am desperate. I am simply cool, but I could use the connection. Will appreciate your response. Thanks.
Re: Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response by GasAndOilTheory(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
AntiRiot:
I will also add poor grammar. Many graduate these days can hardly string 2 or 3 sentences without grammatical error and poor punctuation.
good evening how's the week been? I saw thread you requested for a guy's CV. I want to know if the offer is still opened. I finished my NYSC in 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / 10 Things To Look For In A Great Boss / Meet Prosper Erem The Fulfilled Female Shoe Maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.