Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

"We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (23694 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes / The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Firgemachar: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
01Alpha:
The Oba will just end up dividing the yurobas along religious line... This is the last thing that would happen both in the east and north.. imagine Obi Onisha saying he should be address as Emir of Onisha or Emir Sunusi of Kano saying he should be address as Oba of kano. Mhen this is inferiority complex in high voltage.

After becoming an Emir, what would happen to the Oba tittle!!! Walahi this is a game plan for a bigger picture. I feel for the stakeholders of yuroba land.

Look, Iwo is an inconsequential town.

If Yorubaland could move on after the Ilorin debacle, Iwo is nothing.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by JideAmuGiaka: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
grin grin grin "I was coming from somewhere, very close to Iwo and the Hausa people there were just shouting Emir! Emir!I was amazed but it makes me happy". cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Emir of yolobaland grin cheesy

I laugh in olaniyideen. Kwakwakwakwa! Hehehehe!

Afonja version 2.0 loading at full speed!

Yoloba Muslims, the problems of Nigeria today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Igboid: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
If only Igbos would agree to stay off this thread and let Yorubas sort themselves out.

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by sameni123(m): 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Most of the comments here are from ppl that are not Yoruba (Igbos)why cry more than the bereaved ....this guys just said he can also a be refferred to as the igwe of iwo and also the emir of iwo why make a big deal of him been called emir....there no religious extremism in the south west xos most families have both faith ...l
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Sterope(f): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Of course, I didnt expect anything less from juju alfas. Iwo is so full of them.

Bunch of slaves suffering from cognitive dissonance.

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Firgemachar:

U know nothing about the plans of these jihadists.

Just go to Ede in Osun state and see things for urself, u will think you are in zamfara.

Yoloba Muslims are willing tools in d hand of the caliphate.

Yoloba ronuoooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by castrol180(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zeromoney:

I will leave you alone because you fail to see the bigger picture.

For your info I am Igbo

Why can you keep shut when you are not a Yoruba but ibo...as you are less concern
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
IDeyNL:
God Bless our Emir of Yorubaland.

We Yoruba Muslims are fully in support of his emirship

Lalasticlala. Front page please

Allah bless Emir of yoloba land

Sai Emir! Yowaaaaaa! Gaskiyaaa!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zeromoney:

No one is calling for the abolishing of the Oba title or seat. Can you say because you are now a doctor no one should address you as Mr or Mrs.

Both titles remain relevant.

An emir in Yorubaland will end a lot of bullying from the hands of the northern Muslims
so u are supporting it because of bullying from the northern Muslims? classic slave mentality.

2 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Firgemachar:

and that is how u will be overrun piece by piece, one inconsequential town after another, until u wake up and realize the entire Yoruba land has been taken over by the Fulani caliphate, and for those arguing that and emir title is not bad, all emirs are under the sultan, so by extension the oba has transfered his allegiance from ife the ancestral home of Yoruba's to sokoto the seat of the caliphate.

4 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Cyynthialove(f): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
puccyforker:

do you know that yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but imigrants from futa jalon that settled in SW
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas
God bless yerobas Christians
God bless real yerobas
Amen

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Reelectbuhari: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
unlike I said b4 slaves must be slave.....

he needs to be enslaved more by the caliphate in sokoto

2 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Captain8(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Is it bcuz yoruba pple too much toilet in bedroom?

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Reelectbuhari: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
One of d reason I feel guilty engaging Igbo here on nairaland.

The biggest problem of most Yoruba people is d inferiority complex.

The king makers that collected bribery to elect this fraudster king caused all this rubbish.

Shame on Iwo people

ewuuuu.....is really pathetic...

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Reelectbuhari: 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
pls yoruba people come and take ur son.....

blazhykowskyi

he has been disturbing my mentions.....he said he needs to be enslaved more......

slavery is his hubby......

I hand him over to Emir of yorubaland and sokoto caliphate.....Their enslaver

2 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Eagba(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zeromoney:

No one is calling for the abolishing of the Oba title or seat. Can you say because you are now a doctor no one should address you as Mr or Mrs.

Both titles remain relevant.

An emir in Yorubaland will end a lot of bullying from the hands of the northern Muslims
you don't overcome bully by coping them, you overcome bully by building your own proud identity.

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by adekola02(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
!!! lobatan... den d people wey dey live for ede should also be prepared because der z an adage for yoruba wey talk say "d mata wey don reach iwo go soon migrate to ede"

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Eagba(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zeromoney:

I will leave you alone because you fail to see the bigger picture.
For your info I am Igbo
goading them hmmm...

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hahahah seems this one hit our western brothers hard ,I thought it would have reached page 15 by now grin. Afonja Reloaded tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by lastmaster(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
I preferred dining with the devil than with a Yoruba Muslim.
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
dafeyankee:
Confused Town.
Confused Oba.
Confused People.

Just imagine this idiot trying to force the whole Iwo town to be Muslims.

He can only be Emir of the hamlet called Iwo town. grin
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by jidexpet(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
I am really dissapointed wit my follow Iwo indigene supporting dix rascal King

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
The people of Iwo trooped out to the street to stage a solidarity rally in support of Oluwo, Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi as the Emir of Yorubaland and Sheikh Yahkub Abdul Baaqi Muhammad, the first Wazeer of Yorubas.The rally was organised by Jama’at Ta’awunil Muslimen with the supports of all Muslims that made up 90% of the city's population. It took place immediately after the Jumat service with placards showing Iwo people are solidly behind their Emir.

Recently, Nigeria was engulfed with different speculations and false alarm that Oluwo was trying to cede his territory the way Ilorin was ceded to the North, which was debunked in the interview granted by the King himself and the statement released by his press secretary, Ali Ibroheem.

While speaking to the people, the Ta’awun National President, Sheikh Daood Imran Molaasan said,

“The rally is to prove to the world that every step taken by the Oluwo has the backing of his people in the town. Iwo is rich in Islamic history and not only in Yorubaland alone but in Nigeria as well, the history tells; and Islam has been making a great contribution to Iwo development.

“It has helped in producing doctors in various fields, assist in establishing different Islamic foundations providing work for the people, water for different homes and promoting memorisation of Al-quran among the children and adults which in the next five years Iwo will add to its crown as the city of those who have memorised the whole Al-Quran. So what makes Iwo special among its brother’s town are numerous and also lucky to have a king who has passion for what his people want. So why won’t’ we support him?”

Oluwo thanked his people and reiterated his support for Islamic development.

“If we stand with Allah, we will surely be triumphed. In Iwo, Islam has been launched and there is nothing anyone can do about that. Call me Oba, Emir even Egwe, they are all my names. It unites us and brings us together as one Nigeria. I was coming from somewhere, very close to Iwo and the Hausa people there were just shouting Emir! Emir!I was amazed but it makes me happy. They see me as one of them. If Yoruba call me Oba and the Muslims call me their Emir, that alone promotes national unity and shows I belong to my people. So why won’t I thank my people for their support” Oluwo remarked.

He then prayed to Almighty Allah to make Iwo the Medina of Yorubas.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/04/iwo-stands-still-for-oluwo-stages.html?m=1
grin grin grin
i can't laff alone ooooo grin
cc
imhotep
onyeoga
ZombieTamer
shallysgirl
BankeSmalls
LotannaAnaekwe
Ofai

2 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by jidexpet(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

ewuuuu.....is really pathetic...
Majority of my fellow indigenes are illiterate
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by ZarahBuhari: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Just view my profile and know why I despise Yoruba Muslims .. This is the alarm I have been raising since I registered on nairaland , but Yoruba Muslims keep jumping on my mentions up and down, probably to silence me. Their anger is because I say it in the public ... Lolzz

Funny enough that some of those protesters are Fulani Muslims living in Yoruba land. Yoruba musslims teamed up with their Fulani masters against Yoruba Christians, yet fulanis have refused to see Yoruba muslins as real Muslims despite all the @sss licking .The idiiot has even turned Yoruba land to home of Islam without considering the feelings of Yoruba Christians , yet Yoruba Muslims are happy about it ..Its a pity. Just look at the inscriptions on their banners. Smh.

Like I have always said ..... Yoruba musslims are disgrace to entire Yoruba race ..
Yoruba christians are in big trouble

Your profile writings is quite deep but it's the utmost truth.

Yorubas are sellouts

3 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by newoffer: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
Sunnynwa:

It's about to go down.

What happened in Ilorin is about to happen in Iwo.
. Iwo can boast of brightest illiterates in d whole of Afonja Land.

2 Likes

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by ZarahBuhari: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
puccyforker:

do you know that yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but imigrants from futa jalon that settled in SW
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas
God bless yerobas Christians
God bless real yerobas
Your statement is like saying Tinubu isn't from Yoruba.

Continue deceiving yourselves

1 Like

Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
ibotic:
Yorubas need to put a bullet through this Oba’s skull...
u make laugh hard.. Biggest way of solving a small problem
Re: "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) by newoffer: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
kyjuan99:
grin grin grin i can't laff alone ooooo grin cc imhotep onyeoga ZombieTamer shallysgirl BankeSmalls LotannaAnaekwe Ofai
What is happening to our neighbor? D Afonja people n their comedy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) / Similarity In Some Nigerian Languages / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.