Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:26 PM

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced (37962 Views)

NIGERIA FIRSTS: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Phd Holder,bagging His Phd In Maths / Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Africa's Youngest PhD Holder Is From Ekiti, in Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by spencekat(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2018
Admin401:
I wonder why Debbies are so smart.
Good observation
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by mamatwiny(f): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2018
Most ppl finish ss3 at 16 years. If you get admission for bsc in UK at 17, you should have bsc at 19, MSC at 21 and use 2 or 3 years for PhD.

But UK education is money talking.

1 Like

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2018
kudos to her jare and our prjvate universities. ...no mjnd our so called federal universities where you go do common ph.d for 5 to 7 years....yet you never graduate sef...especially uniport
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by 4kings: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
She was a lecturer in Business Admin department.
Guess she would continue or maybe it's a Phd requirement.
Didn't know she was that young, and i would be checking my Tie in front of her. Mtcheeeeeeew.
She is cute though. kiss

Cc: HigherEd

1 Like

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

I doubt if she would have been able to get this degree at the university of Ibadan at such a young age. Anyway good luck to her.
add university of calabar filled with sadist and corrupt lecturers
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
Uyiii:

why mention university of Ibadan specifically.
They don't offer PhD to young people??
on a second thought it's no big deal self we need a good environment for pple to excel...ben ayade got his phd at 25 frm ui..prof soludo got his phd at 25 frm unn...these days some of our public institutions are slaughter grds wer if care is not taken ur dream die d day u set foot in d university
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
ednut1:
which yeye best. Stop living on past glory. Cos Nottingham forest won 2 champions league in the 80s, can we say they are better than man city in 2018 , even tho man city has never won champions league. Congratulate the babe abeg. All these useless public schools frustrate students yet u say they are the best. Gosh
u de mind sm of dis baggers a place wer lecturers denied students grades like A or B as if big deal dee der.... Nonsense
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by rid4stat: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Is PHD 6 years minimum?

The minimum is 3 years in most schools. And in fact some uni are already around putting the maximum duration at 4 years.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
That criteria is outdated.
By whose standard?
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
There are some field where it is easier to startup a venture. IT is one of them and Microbiology is another.
Can you imagine a Computer Science grad who studied programming riding keke out of joblessness? the fact that a laptop is much cheaper than a keke will interpreted to mean the comp sci grad isn't competent enough to program.

Same logic applies for Microbiology grad from UI. If we must talk about people studying courses we need as a nation then private people should be left out and the subsidized grad should be considered first. Govt is suppose to create enabling environment for job creation and not direct jobs.

Are you for real? It is easy to set up a job in microbiology? Do you really know anything about microbiology? Wait first....what is the cost of a good digital microscope these days? And the cost of all other equipment you need to work with, in a good lab? Do you even know how much it costs to set up a functional lab?

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
on a second thought it's no big deal self we need a good environment for pple to excel...ben ayade got his phd at 25 frm ui..prof soludo got his phd at 25 frm unn...these days some of our public institutions are slaughter grds wer if care is not taken ur dream die d day u set foot in d university

What year was that, pls? These days student strikes, ASUU strikes, bad-belle lecturers with outdated research equipment and materials in our public universities, make it difficult for a young person to achieve the same feat Ben Ayade and Soludo did, during their own time.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

What year was that, pls? These days student strikes, ASUU strikes, bad-belle lecturers with outdated research equipment and materials in our public universities, make it difficult for a young person to achieve the same feat Ben Ayade and Soludo did, during their own time.
verify Sir...frm google...
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by Ugosample(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
rid4stat:

The minimum is 3 years in most schools. And in fact some uni are already around putting the maximum duration at 4 years.

universities like?
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
4kings:
She was a lecturer in Business Admin department.
Guess she would continue or maybe it's a Phd requirement.
Didn't know she was that young, and i would be checking my Tie in front of her. Mtcheeeeeeew.
She is cute though. kiss

Cc: HigherEd
grin grin grin grin
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by gidjah(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
But I kinda doubt her ability to be able to blend wit d street when the chips get down. can she be said to be "street credible" after this phd thing can she cope with the society at the flattest level? Though her money and parental background would give way to d top for her.congrats young lady

1 Like

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
gidjah:
But I kinda doubt her ability to be able to blend wit d street when the chips get down. can she be said to be "street credible" after this phd thing can she cope with the society at the flattest level? Though her money and parental background would give way to d top for her.congrats young lady

Gbam! wink Practical work experience, 'street credibility,' and exposure to real-life industrial scenarios, is key here. I had a friend who got a scholarship to study abroad for his MSc and later followed it up with a Ph.D in Finance. I was surprised a few years later, to see him working as an investment banker, in a multinational finance firm. When I expressed concern, he said he needed practical hands-on experience in financial circles, in order not to look stupid before his students, when he eventually goes back into the academic world. Some of his prospective students were likely to have experience in the financial sector, and would easily be able to tell if what he taught them was applicable or not, in their field. undecided He felt the experience would also bolster his credentials, and give him a chance to apply the theoretical aspects of the research studies he had conducted, in the real world.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by mechanics(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
congrats to her.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

Are you for real? It is easy to set up a job in microbiology? Do you really know anything about microbiology? Wait first....what is the cost of a good digital microscope these days? And the cost of all other equipment you need to work with, in a good lab? Do you even know how much it costs to set up a functional lab?
There are expensive Comp Sci equipments also.
Govt is subsidizing the public uni grad with hundreds of thousand per session as undergrads so we should talk about those grads.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
There are expensive Comp Sci equipments also.
Govt is subsidizing the public uni grad with hundreds of thousand per session as undergrads so we should talk about those grads.
Guy, how is that the fault of the microbiology graduates? shocked How many jobs exist for them to do, once they graduate? Did the govt offer them a job on graduation, and they declined? If they want to go into private practice on their own, where are the funds to buy the microscope and equipment they need to deploy their services, when there are no low interest loans available? You are just fixated on talking about a field like microbiology, which you obviously know nothing about! Computer Science is very different from Microbiology. Stop comparing the two, so that people would NOT laugh at you.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

Guy, how is that the fault of the microbiology graduates? shocked How many jobs exist for them to do, once they graduate? Did the govt offer them a job on graduation, and they declined? If they want to go into private practice on their own, where are the funds to buy the microscope and equipment they need to deploy their services, when there are no low interest loans available? You are just fixated on talking about a field like microbiology, which you obviously know nothing about! Computer Science is very different from Microbiology. Stop comparing the two, so that people would NOT laugh at you.
Is the govt suppose to create jobs for them or locate jobs for them and offer them the jobs.
Stop taking discussion beyond your level. You speak as though the govt is suppose to adopt microbiology grads as sons and give them job. How much does the microbiology graf need to employ himself in his own field? Juxtapose that against the subsidy they enjoy all through undergrad days and tell me that we need to after business scientist instead of microbiology grads.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by begwong: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
Baddiezz:
Congratulations to her.
It's my birthday today!
Una wey like free airtime. Check the link in my profile. no use big boy miss this offer. It came out yesterday or so
Anty na everyday you dey celebrate birthday � ni?
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Is the govt suppose to create jobs for them or locate jobs for them and offer them the jobs. Stop taking discussion beyond your level. You speak as though the govt is suppose to adopt microbiology grads as sons and give them job. How much does the microbiology graf need to employ himself in his own field? Juxtapose that against the subsidy they enjoy all through undergrad days and tell me that we need to after business scientist instead of microbiology grads.
You are the one lamenting about how much govt has spent in subsidising their education, only for them to go into other areas like banking. sad Have you forgotten? You even lamented that they could not create jobs for themselves, when you compared them to computer science graduates. That was why I asked you if that same govt provided them with jobs, upon graduation. Your lamentations about govt subsidising their studies is totally misplaced. If you attended a public university in Nigeria, you would realise that govt subsidises all courses, in public universities. Why single out one like Microbiology, and continue to wail about it? You obviously know next to nothing about the course and what it entails! Try to make sense, when next you decide to quote me, pls! undecided
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

You are the one lamenting about how much govt has spent in subsidising their education, only for them to go into other areas like banking. sad Have you forgotten? You even lamented that they could not create jobs for themselves, when you compared them to computer science graduates. That was why I asked you if that same govt provided them with jobs, upon graduation. Your lamentations about govt subsidising their studies is totally misplaced. If you attended a public university in Nigeria, you would realise that govt subsidises all courses, in public universities. Why single out one like Microbiology, and continue to wail about it? You obviously know next to nothing about the course and what it entails! Try to make sense, when next you decide to quote me, pls! undecided
I knew u were going to derail soon. My post u replied initially was in response to the guy who talked about the IT and Agric needs of Nigeria instead of celebrating the business scientist who is the focus of this thread.
You jumped in as if my illustration involving microbiology grad was a personal thing. You already attest to the fact microbiologist support the Agric, Health and Beverage Industry. That is in line with my example of courses required by nation where graduates are wasting away.
Re-read our convoy and stop derailing any further.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I knew u were going to derail soon. My post u replied initially was in response to the guy who talked about the IT and Agric needs of Nigeria instead of celebrating the business scientist who is the focus of this thread.
You jumped in as if my illustration involving microbiology grad was a personal thing. You already attest to the fact microbiologist support the Agric, Health and Beverage Industry. That is in line with my example of courses required by nation where graduates are wasting away.
Re-read our convoy and stop derailing any further.

I did NOT derail anything. You were the first to make this comment, have you forgotten? "
CodeTemplar:
There are some field where it is easier to startup a venture. IT is one of them and Microbiology is another...... .

You claimed that it was easier to startup a venture in Microbiology. sad Do you remember? When your faulty premise was pointed out, you resorted to inanities. Instead of you to accept or admit your mistake and move on, you tried to justify it further by comparing the equipment a microbiology graduate would need to set up a private venture, with the cost of a laptop needed by a Computer Science graduate. undecided Imagine! shocked

I asked you earlier, "how much does a digital electron microscope cost?" This is one of the most basic tools, used by a microbiologist. You were unable to give an answer. I also asked you how much does it cost to set up a laboratory, with equipment? You declined to provide an response. Yet, you are claiming that it is easy to set up a startup venture in Microbiology, just like in ICT. Guy, educate yourself and stop exposing your ignorance. undecided
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

I did NOT derail anything. You were the first to make this comment, have you forgotten? "

You claimed that it was easier to startup a venture in Microbiology. sad Do you remember? When your faulty premise was pointed out, you resorted to inanities. Instead of you to accept or admit your mistake and move on, you tried to justify it further by comparing the equipment a microbiology graduate would need to set up a private venture, with the cost of a laptop needed by a Computer Science graduate. undecided Imagine! shocked

I asked you earlier, "how much does a digital electron microscope cost?" This is one of the most basic tools, used by a microbiologist. You were unable to give an answer. I also asked you how much does it cost to set up a laboratory, with equipment? You declined to provide an response. Yet, you are claiming that it is easy to set up a startup venture in Microbiology, just like in ICT. Guy, educate yourself and stop exposing your ignorance. undecided
Are you this mentally derailed? What is faulty in saying Microbiology is easier to set up a business than some other fields.
You think I care about your useless rants about govt not providing jobs for microbiology grads?
You are the one to provide how much you think it cost to set up a microbiology lab since you claim I had a faulty premise in claiming it "easier" than some other fields. Stop posting what beyond your intellectual capacity.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

Next time you want to sample my post as facts please sample relevant posts and stop the desperate facing saving tactics.
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Are you this mentally derailed? What is faulty in saying Microbiology is easier to set up a business than some other fields.
You think I care about your useless rants about govt not providing jobs for microbiology grads?
You are the one to provide how much you think it cost to set up a microbiology lab since you claim I had a faulty premise in claiming it "easier" than some other fields. Stop posting what beyond your intellectual capacity.
CodeTemplar:
Next time you want to sample my post as facts please sample relevant posts and stop the desperate facing saving tactics.

No sir, you are the one who is "mentally derailed." sad Thanks for letting us know the true nature of the affliction that plagues your mind. undecided

And saying it is easier to set up a business in the field of Microbiology than some other fields, in the way you compared it with Computer Science, shows that you know absolutely nothing about what a microbiologist does, or the tools he needs to practise his profession. Digital electron microscopes and fully functional standard laboratories with scientific equipment, do not come cheap. Neither do reagents and analytical tools. They all cost thousands of dollars, and none are manufactured locally. So kindly stop saying what you do NOT know. Anyway, thank God everyone can read, and they can all see that you are the one who is actually "posting what beyond your intellectual capacity." undecided When people like you are unable to cite adequate, verifiable facts to make a intelligent point, you resort to insults. Why am I not surprised?

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by sapeleboi(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
phd for what aspect grin because we have different type of phd
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

No sir, you are the one who is "mentally derailed." sad Thanks for letting us know the true nature of the affliction that plagues your mind. undecided

And saying it is easier to set up a business in the field of Microbiology than some other fields, in the way you compared it with Computer Science, shows that you know absolutely nothing about what a microbiologist does, or the tools he needs to practise his profession. Digital electron microscopes and fully functional standard laboratories with scientific equipment, do not come cheap. Neither do reagents and analytical tools. They all cost thousands of dollars, and none are manufactured locally. So kindly stop saying what you do NOT know. Anyway, thank God everyone can read, and they can all see that you are the one who is actually "posting what beyond your intellectual capacity." undecided When people like you are unable to cite adequate, verifiable facts to make a intelligent point, you resort to insults. Why am I not surprised?
Who started the insults? You have further confirmed your inferiority to the world. You disagree with my "faulty premise" but can't provide yours and think Govts should usher microbiology grads into world class laboratories.
Keep dreaming and defending a faulty and failed system for personal reasons there. In your narrow mind driving a Keke and applying as a cashier to a bank (microfinance inclusive) is better than getting experience that can easily land you an Intl job.

I must ask are you a microbiologist by training or did you enjoy subsidized education at tertiary level?
Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
sapeleboi:
phd for what aspect grin because we have different type of phd
PH detector. Tester of alkalinity and acidity...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by laudate: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Who started the insults? You have further confirmed your inferiority to the world. You disagree with my "faulty premise" but can't provide yours and think Govts should usher microbiology grads into world class laboratories.
Keep dreaming and defending a faulty and failed system for personal reasons there. In your narrow mind driving a Keke and applying as a cashier to a bank (microfinance inclusive) is better than getting experience that can easily land you an Intl job.

I must ask are you a microbiologist by training or did you enjoy subsidized education at tertiary level?

Inferiority? What inferiority? shocked Are you referring to the issues that are troubling your mind? Again, you have just exposed your ignorant mindset, concerning Microbiology graduates, with all what you wrote here. I never made any allusion to riding a Keke and applying as a cashier to a bank. You were the first to do so. undecided The day you can explain this fixation you have for microbiology graduates, then maybe a solution can be found for your problems...!

Re: Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced by CodeTemplar: 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
laudate:

Inferiority? What inferiority? shocked Are you referring to the issues that are troubling your mind? Again, you have just exposed your ignorant mindset, concerning Microbiology graduates, with all what you wrote here. I never made any allusion to riding a Keke and applying as a cashier to a bank. You were the first to do so. undecided The day you can explain this fixation you have for microbiology graduates, then maybe a solution can be found for your problems...!
Ha ha ha! This is delusion at it's peak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Students Waylay, Beat Teacher Who Stopped Them From Cheating / UNILAG Reacts To Nairaland's News Of Students Asked To Kneel Down / Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.