Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,108 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? (33392 Views)

How You Can Successfully Import Cheap Product From 1688 To Nigeria / I Need A Container Of Shea Butter / Supply Of Product : Diesel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2018
Hello guys,

I know that majority of the people on here are into mini importation and may not need this sort of information or find it valuable. I also know that many on Nairaland mainly import from Europe and America.

Further more, I am also aware that most of the recommended shipping companies in the mini importation threads are like middle men, who add 1-2 dollars per KG on the cost of your goods than what the real companies handling your shipping charges.

What if you need to import a container from China after discussing with manufacturers on agreed quotes, which shipping company can handle a container load of products? Where is their office located in Nigeria? Can you recommend any one that is trusted?

Please help push this on front page for wider views.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by solepager(m): 6:16am On Apr 15, 2018
Your moniker self na discouragement.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 15, 2018
These are the sorts of topics that the youths should be championing and showing interest in.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 7:41am On Apr 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
These are the sorts of topics that the youths should be championing and showing interest in.
Thank you sir. It is my first time and I need to know.

From sketches of research I have done, it will cost me so much to use any of recommended shipping company in the mini importation threads, almost $20,000 because they charge per kg but if I use a container shipping company it is gonna cost me far far less... Around $1200-$3500 to ship a container from China because the shipping company charge per cubic meter.

I am not sure yet as this just research I found via googling and one Nairaland thread from 2010 showed up where someone quoted $1200 and another quoted $3500 or there about.

Please can you help speak to any of the mods to push this to front page? It is very important and urgent!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2018
solepager:
Your moniker self na discouragement.
you post sef useless to the thread!

30 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by bethnals: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2018
Good q. Awaiting answers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2018
bethnals:
Good q. Awaiting answers.
sure thing boss. We need to push it to front page for wider view and contribution.

I hope someone will be willing to share this information and I know it might destroy the service of those in the business of mini importation because their asss is about to be blow open.

I found one via my research from late last night and I will email and call them this coming week and then update the thread.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Demonicide(f): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2018
Please how do I pay from Nigeria to China?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2018
Demonicide:
Please how do I pay from Nigeria to China?
details please?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Demonicide(f): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2018
motherfucker:
details please?
I want to transfer money from Nigeria to China. I want to pay to an account there.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2018
Demonicide:
I want to transfer money from Nigeria to China. I want to pay to an account there?
what is the payment for? Importation? Or something different?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Demonicide(f): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2018
motherfucker:
what is the payment for? Importation? Or something different?
importation
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by HappyScent: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
I will not advice u risk it,transfaring money or sending huge capital to someone in china to send u goods through ship.I advice you travell to china,to no who u are doing business wit face to face.that is too risky.first know wjo u are doing business wit first,befor transfering

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyScent:
I will not advice u risk it,transfaring money or sending huge capital to someone in china to send u goods through ship.I advice you travell to china,to no who u are doing business wit face to face.that is too risky.first know wjo u are doing business wit first,befor transfering
Thank you. We just need a shipping company. I have a chinese agent I have been using for over 1 year now. So that is not a problem. The problem is the shipping side because I am looking for a way to cut cost which the shipping handlers in the mini importation section charges too high.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by femu(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyScent:

Despite all the scare online, I did bank transfer from Nigeria to China and it was successful.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by francisxbee: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
femu:

Despite all the scare online, I did bank transfer from Nigeria to China and it was successful.
You may not be so lucky next time. Its always preferable to use an agent.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
francisxbee:

You may not be so lucky next time. Its always preferable to use an agent.
calm down bros. You should not allow fear ruin you from even asking questions such this on Nairaland, which will help you avoid mistakes.

I am sure that by the time this thread reaches front page, we will have a clear and better understanding of the process.

Go big or go home!

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
Demonicide:
importation
do u have a Chinese agent? Have you chosen a product or know where to buy from or is this your first time at importation?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2018
I forgot that I have a friend at the Port working there. So I called him up last night and we spoke at length.

I later recalled that I needed info on this thing. Told him about it and he promised to get the right source of information.

Whatever he says I will update the thread.

I also have the contact of another shipping company that handles container from China. They are Chinese and based in Nigeria with offices in other African countries as well as Dubai.

I will update the thread when I speak with them.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by bethnals: 10:10am On Apr 16, 2018
motherfucker:
I forgot that I have a friend at the Port working there. So I called him up last night and we spoke at length.

I later recalled that I needed info on this thing. Told him about it and he promised to get the right source of information.

Whatever he says I will update the thread.

I also have the contact of another shipping company that handles container from China. They are Chinese and based in Nigeria with offices in other African countries as well as Dubai.

I will update the thread when I speak with them.

Cool. Where are you based?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2018
bethnals:

outskirt of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
The answer I got from my friend isn't satisfactory but in the mean time, I have sent an email to the shipping company that is based in Nigeria and I do hope to get a reply from them soonest. When I get a reply be email, I will go further to give them a call.

There are two things I want to know concerning this thing:

1. I want to know the average price of shipping a 20 FT container from China to Nigeria; there should be a range which can give us faint picture of what to expect and the processes involved.

2. The necessary procedure that is needed to clear the container at the port, which mostly entails paper works and their fees.

In the meantime, I found an automatic shipping calculator that gave me a rough price point (+/-) for shipping from China to Nigeria. I am not certain about the veracity or accuracy of this auto-calculator. According to this link, it will cost $2378 to ship a 20FT container from China to Nigeria, which is roughly 800k. Clearing fees at the Nigerian port is not included. I am guessing that 1M-2M naira will do everything.

http://www.seafreightcalculator.com/107/40-ft-container-international-ocean-freight-service-zhangshu-china-to-lagos-nigeria-sea-freight/

CC: FOD, puskin, naijacutee, dominique, lalasticlala, Mynd44... Please help put this on front page, biko, ejo

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 12:21am On Apr 17, 2018
Okay,

I found another online calculator for global usage and I love it. With this calculator, you can use it to know the estimated cost of shipping between origin port and destination port, though subjected to some extra charges/fees such as duties and taxes, but that will not be much (+/-).

Basically, you are expected to input the origin port( which you can get from your supplier or manufacture or Chinese agent). You will also need to input the destination port between Apapa, Onne and Tincan port.

Next is to input the total cost or value of the whole product that you are shipping. If you are import 1000 units of a tool for instance and the total cost of the 1000 unit is $25000, just input it in the "commodity value" box.

On the right side bar, you are to select the "Load Type" for your container, either FCL or LCL

[FCL = Full Container Load. LCL = Less than Container Load, aka Groupage. They are two of common shipping terms used in the international logistics industry for export and import ocean freight cargo. LCL means you share space with others, also share cost.]

The FCL is used if your goods can occupy the whole container but if you are buying lesser quantities of a product such that it can only occupy half or less of the container, then you should use LCL wherein you can share a container with other importers.

The website is http://worldfreightrates.com/en/freight

When I did demo to get estimated shipping fees, it gave me a range of $2,170.70 - $2,399.19 as my estimated shipping fee. If we decide to add other fees such as taxes and duties, we might be looking at $3500 total to handle this.

I hope this helped... we still need people that have done this to help us with real world review of the process involved.

CC: EgunMogaji

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
Okay,

I found another online calculator for global usage and I love it. With this calculator, you can use it to know the estimated cost of shipping between origin port and destination port, though subjected to some extra charges/fees such as duties and taxes, but that will not be much (+/-).

Basically, you are expected to input the origin port( which you can get from your supplier or manufacture or Chinese agent). You will also need to input the destination port between Apapa, Onne and Tincan port.

Next is to input the total cost or value of the whole product that you are shipping. If you are import 1000 units of a tool for instance and the total cost of the 1000 unit is $25000, just input it in the "commodity value" box.

On the right side bar, you are to select the "Load Type" for your container, either FCL or LCL

[FCL = Full Container Load. LCL = Less than Container Load, aka Groupage. They are two of common shipping terms used in the international logistics industry for export and import ocean freight cargo. LCL means you share space with others, also share cost.]

The FCL is used if your goods can occupy the whole container but if you are buying lesser quantities of a product such that it can only occupy half or less of the container, then you should use LCL wherein you can share a container with other importers.

The website is http://worldfreightrates.com/en/freight

When I did demo to get estimated shipping fees, it gave me a range of $2,170.70 - $2,399.19 as my estimated shipping fee. If we decide to add other fees such as taxes and duties, we might be looking at $3500 total to handle this.

I hope this helped... we still need people that have done this to help us with real world review of the process involved.

CC: EgunMogaji

Thanks for the research.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 12:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Cc: soapqueen do you have an idea or know anybody?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 12:30am On Apr 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for the research.
You are welcome sir. Just doing my best o.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 12:34am On Apr 17, 2018
https://moverdb.com/container-shipping/

And attached is a copy of a quote I got from a real shipping line. The origin is just for demo

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2018
bethnals:

are u in Lagos?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by RealityShot: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
are u in Lagos?
is it you that should be looking for a shipping agent?
Is that not the work of the selling company?
Except of course you are buying things from different companies and loading them together into one container, right?

I will suggest Maersk Nig. Ltd. I see lots of containers in their name.
Contact them see if they can help you.

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by motherfucker: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2018
RealityShot:
is it you that should be looking for a shipping agent?
Is that not the work of the selling company?
Except of course you are buying things from different companies and loading them together into one container, right?

I will suggest Maersk Nig. Ltd. I see lots of containers in their name.
Contact them see if they can help you.
Thanks. I have never done something like this before in the scale. So pardon my ignorance.

Yes, we are dealing with a manufacturer of a product.

So in essence you mean it is the manufacturer that handles the shipping? am I not the person that will pay the shipping fees?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by RealityShot: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
Thanks. I have never done something like this before in the scale. So pardon my ignorance.

Yes, we are dealing with a manufacturer of a product.

So in essence you mean it is the manufacturer that handles the shipping? am I not the person that will pay the shipping fees?
the manufacturer is to find the shipping companies available in their country and give you available options and prices. You choose and pay (if it's not free).

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Sarang(f): 9:24am On Apr 17, 2018
smiley

Please check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naira To Trade At 386/$ As CBN Resumes Forex Sale To BDCs / First Bank Kano Flooded (Photos) / Stripe Acquires Nigeria’s Paystack For $200 Million To Expand Into Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.