Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply (483 Views)

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated / Nigeria Slashes Crude Selling Prices To Woo Buyers / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by postbox: 6:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Global prices of palm oil are expected to drop by the end of the current season which ends next September owing to a glut of supply on the market.

Thomas Mielke, CEO of Oil World, a vegetable oil analysis firm, told Reuters that the price per ton could fall to between $40 and $50 in a few months, from the current $630.

“We see for April-September a global output surplus and a building of stocks in the world, particularly in Malaysia and Indonesia,” he said.

For the record, after a previous drop due to the El Niño dry spell in 2015, the oilseed’s global output is gradually recovering, reaching 70.5 million tons in 2018, up 3.8% compared with 2017 (67.9 million tons).

According to the CEO, global prices could increase in 2019-20, assuming a deficit in the global market.

Furthermore, Mr. Mielke indicated that the global output is expected to grow slower in coming years, reaching 86.3 million tons by 2025.

Let’s recall that palm oil is the most profitable oilseed with a yield over eight times higher than that of other crops such as soybean, coconut or rapeseed oil. The main importers are India, the European Union, China, and Pakistan.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/global-palm-oil-prices-to-plummet-due-to-over-supply/

Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by rodeo0070(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2018
Over supply ke?!
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by dominique(f): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2018
The price has been on on a steady decline, now less than 2k per gallon
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by uboma(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2018
dominique:
The price has been on on a steady decline, now less than 2k per gallon

What size of gallon are you referring to?
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by dominique(f): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2018
uboma:

What size of gallon are you referring to?
5 liters. Last time I priced it from my customer, it was N1,900
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by uboma(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2018
dominique:
5 liters. Last time I priced it from my customer, it was N1,900

Thank you for the information.
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by iHart(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2018
on Thursday last week, I got 25L for 6500, price is actually crashing
Re: Global Palm Oil Prices To Plummet Due To Over-supply by ak22(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
iHart:
on Thursday last week, I got 25L for 6500, price is actually crashing

From which state ?

(1) (Reply)

2018: Make Some Cool Cash / Will Saudi Arabia Listen To US Demands For More Oil? / Improve Your Business With Cheap Advert - For Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.