Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up (27628 Views)

Buhari Opens Up On Cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma, Nigeria Election / President Buhari Opens 58th Annual NBA Conference (Photos) / Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by aminulive: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Aisha Buhari, Nigeria's first lady and wife of President Muhammadu Buhari has finally given reasons why she criticized her husband in a 2016 interview on BBC Hausa.

She disclosed that she was critical of her husband's administration because of her strong sense of Justice. In a statement sent to the 2017 Vanguard awards where she was honoured with the Vanguard personality of the year award, Mrs Buhari, who was represented at the event by one of her daughters, Halima, stated that was brought up to stand by the truth and that was how she has been living her life.

The statement read;

"I wish to thank the management of Vanguard Media Limited for this unexpected award, in recognition of my humanitarian efforts towards improving the health and welfare of Nigerians particularly women, children and less privileged.

One of the reasons adduced for honouring me was the interview I granted which some people saw as criticism to a government that I am part of.

I need to state that my position was a result of my sense of justice and not confrontation or disrespect. I was brought up to stand by the truth and this is how I have always been.

As we are all aware, Nigerians elected this administration based on the trust and confidence they have on my husband; I, therefore, feel that we are here to serve Nigeria to the best of our ability.

Let me use this opportunity to state that I support my husband in this call to service and will continue to do so. On this note, I hereby dedicate this award to the people of Nigeria, especially women. Thank you sincerely for this award."

Mrs Buhari had in the 2016 interview with BBC warned her husband that she might not back him at the 2019 election unless he shakes up his government.

She has claimed that the President did not know most of the top officials he appointed.

She had said, "The President does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don’t know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years.

Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position."

In the BBC interview, the Mrs Buhari refused to name those who had hijacked the government, saying, “You will know them if you watch television.”

https://politicsngr.com/spoke-husband-aisha-buhari-opens/

4 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by jospepper(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2018
I don't know sha but something tells me Aisha would have Been a better president. Maybe Bubu would have performed better as the first man.

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Mogidi: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position.

Even dead ones were invited to head agencies.

I hope she keeps to her word by not voting the dullard again.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Shadrackmadu(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2018
I dedicate these to my missing 100l fundamental philosophy result that have delay my graduation from madonna university since 2016

12 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by NwaNimo1(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2018
Anoda Grace Mugabe....

1 Like

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by tafabaloo(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Okay
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by pauljumbo: 10:56am On Apr 15, 2018
Why is she speaking only when buhari is in hospital bed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by thesicilian: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2018
So she was honored by vanguard because she criticized her husband once 2yrs ago? Every Nigerian wife should get multiple awards then.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2018
Shadrackmadu:
I dedicate these to my missing 100l fundamental philosophy result that have delay my graduation from madonna university since 2016
sue the school for beauruecracy delay.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Evablizin(f): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pls Ma tell your husband to go back2daura and rest,e don do abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by EnEnPeecee: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
a smart woman in the hands of an unfortunate dullard. Your husband is a catastrophe

2 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Daviddson(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
Very intelligent and smart woman - she refused to be a housewife Buhari wanted to make her.

1 Like

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by TreasuredGlory: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Beauty and Brains!

1 Like

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by futurerex: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pretty noble milf
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by datola: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
In the BBC interview, the Mrs Buhari refused to name those who had hijacked the government, saying, “You will know them if you watch television.”

Correct woman!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by deepwater(f): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Lol
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Adebowale89(m): 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
she can only deceive the dumb Nigerians. she was brought up to be truthful right, then why was she not frying akara on the road with the petty seller after her husband victory in 2015? it means she used a political gimmick to aid her husband inn and they left those people with their fate, so WHR is the integrity? where is the integrity of a president wife touring the world unnecessarily without any effective to the common women like her?

I just want anything buhari to exit national house comes 2019, their stay there is making the nation boring already, thanks for the entertainment activities in Nigeria for curbing the boring govt

4 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
All na publicity stunt

3 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Flokey: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
angry
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Mowoe(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Abegi, all these talks could have been staged for all we know, afterall they both meet at Za Oza Room.
That's if bubu still has Preek sef.
But then, what are we certain of in this Naija!
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
the only respectable person in this government. she obviously would make a better president.
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by congorasta: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
k
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by NonFarmPayrol: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
She is more exposed than her husband

Bitter Truth
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Flokey: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Mrs Aisha with all due respect, your husband is a terrorist undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by eddyslim(m): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Aisha you are trying so hard to make this country a better place but the dullard (your husband) would never listen

2 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
NwaNimo1:
Anoda Grace Mugabe....
how?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by ekestic1976(f): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
[quote author=NwaNimo1 post=66724813]Anoda Grace Mugabe....[/quot

You may not know it, but hate has created incurable cynicism in your life. You live in Alternative reality.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
No one wants to associate with failure
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by SoapQueen(f): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Who runs the world? *continues filing nails*
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by tosyne2much(m): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Adebowale89:
she can only deceive the dumb Nigerians. she was brought up to be truthful right, then why was she not frying akara on the road with the petty seller after her husband victory in 2015? it means she used a political gimmick to aid her husband inn and they left those people with their fate, so WHR is the integrity? where is the integrity of a president wife touring the world unnecessarily without any effective to the common women like her?

I just want anything buhari to exit national house comes 2019, their stay there is making the nation boring already, thanks for the entertainment activities in Nigeria for curbing the boring govt
Baba don't deceive yourself... That man will still emerge Nigerian president in 2019
Re: Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up by Promismike(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
Aisha Buhari, I have few questions to ask you.

1. Why haven't you and your husband been to any public function since he came back from London after being sick for few months?

2. Have you had sex with him or done anything romantic with him since he came back?

3. Why cant you be bold enough to tell Nigeria that the man posing as your husband is not your husband?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

DELE MOMODU Remembers MKO Abiola With Touching Throwback Message - Read / Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly / Kankara Schoolboys: Ransom Was Paid To Secure Our Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.