Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? (4237 Views)

Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? / 2002 Rav4 Brain Box Stolen. Need Help / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by olumide4christ: 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I don't, and it has been stress free

Oga Gazzuzz, I can really see & sense your confidence...me sef they fear Nigerian used before but perhaps you are making me change my mind!

Well done!
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
Regarding Naija Used Versus Tokunbo.

Yes, it's true, a Naija used vehicle should show more wear and tear based on the condition of the terrain and the length that it has been used in the severe duty of Nigeria.

This should reflect in the sale and purchase price. It's when it's not reflected that causes an issue.

My recommendation is that money should be set aside to refurbish the Naija used vehicle and this cost should be factored into the purchase price.

I bought a Naija used vehicle but factored that I would be doing some safety repairs to my liking, I budgeted N500,000 and factored that into my purchase price. I'm near half that price and I think that the vehicel is well within sight of that year model in the USA in terms of running condition.

Yes, you may/will find some head scratching anomaly on Naija used vehicles that may require a hefty repair cost. Case in point is my missing ABS unit sad

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by Adechris3403: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
Please house I need Nigeria used Pontiac vibe within 450-550
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by Viking007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

Buy & drive does not mean problem free..might be buy & drive to Mechanic grin grin grin
If shocks are bad.. Its still buy & drive..
Leaking windshield is :buy & drive
Suspension noise :buy & drive
Worned out tires : buy & drive
Body work : buy & drive
Even bad air-conditioning system is still buy & drive..
In Nigerian context as long as a car starts & moves.. Its buy & drive
cheesy
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by 3kay945(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
bakayokoko:
HOW MUCH WOULD U PAY FOR THIS 2002 RAV4? SOMEONE WANTS TO SELL THE CAR 2ME. I DON'T WANT TO DISCLOSE THE PRICE HE'S TELLING ME TO PAY. I JUST WANT TO HEAR FROM THE CAR EXPERTS HERE B4 MAKING UP MY MIND.

P. S: THE CAR IS IN A VERY GOOD CONDITION

I sold mine last month.

Now let me share area to check from experience grin

1. Since that model is prone to transmission issue, you need to confirm if the problem is already solved or pending.

2. Confirm if the ECU is follow come cool I.e controlling the temperature gauge and engine oil light on the dashboard.

3. Is the check light on? and check if the motor can be scanned.

4. The vehicle is a strong one but the state of the engine would determine the price.

5. If engine is good, 600k- 700 is cool

PS. I intentionally left out minors stuff
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This 2002 Rav4? by okikiosibodu(m): 2:07am On Jan 06, 2020
This was a good read. Kudos to all intellects here

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need An Audi Mechanic In Lagos Oh!!!!! / Advice On Getting A Volvo Xc90 05/06 Model / With The Hidden Topic. Smartchoiice For Moderator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.