Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church (59159 Views)

Marriage Wahala. Evan Ebuka Óbị Asked Couple To Divorce / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by sujexy(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pastor asks for pregnancy test result from couple that has traditionally completed their Marraige rites before he would wed them in church
Nairaland what is your take on this please??

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by sujexy(m): 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
Reactions

1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by psucc(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
That has become a ritual in most Nigerian churches. It is never strange. But the truth is that the Pastors are almost always fooled because the Doctors are Nigerians and knows what to do even without being told by the would-be couples.

Most cases, the Pastors choose the doctor but this too doesn't guarantee reality.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by HappyPagan: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
Christians and their wahala.

If to say dem ask Mary dis kain question, dem for don abort Jesus...

201 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by greatnaija01: 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
well THEY WERE NEVER SERIOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE.... the bible says ONLY THE WICKED RUNS WHEN NO MAN IS PURSUING...

People PREFER to WORK for GOD than to WALK WITH GOD and most nonchalantly to OBEY God.... YET THEY WANT HIS BLESSINGS.

people are problematic everywhere.... THE PASTOR MAY HAVE THOUGHT ON THE BED UNDEFILED BEFORE MARRIAGE AND BOTH OF THEM MAY HAVE BEEN DOING THE "THANG" secretly.... SO NOW THEY RAN BECAUSE THEY FELT EXPOSED...

If they met a REAL MAN OF GOD, they may have been exposed from their first day in Church.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by KushyKush: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyPagan:

I am a Christian and I can bold say 90% of African churches are stupid and vain.

Mary would have terminated Jesus's pregnancy if she was a Nigerian Christian.

By the way, church wedding should be abolished because it is not necessary. Court and traditional weddings are far better.

At least they wouldn't ask for wedding and special donations to the church account.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Lol. Well, I have not read how many marriages were conducted in the church in the bible, not even the one where Jesus turned water to wine.

For me , once you have paid the bride price, she has already legally become your wife and you can start having babies.

But since they have decided to go to church, let them obey the rules there.

It is however not a sin not to have a 'white wedding'. Na our copy copy and overdo dey cause all these nonsense.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by slawomir: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
isoright
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Galacious1: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Is church wedding really necessary?

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Emekus92(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with pregnancy b4 marriage.

All sin na sin. A sin has been committed already, our God is a forgiving Father always ready to accept us when we confess our sins and forsake them.

I don't see y any pastor will chase someone away bcoz of sin against God that simply mean they are claiming to be god .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by happney65: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
Sebi na person wey wan do wedding for church one yeye pastor will be giving some nonesense rules..I give my woman belle some people go dey vex..Shioor

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyPagan:

I'm dead. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
What's the need for pregnancy test ? If they stop the wedding, it will only increase the rate of baby mama's.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Victorakats(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
Only Africans/Nigerians conduct several weddings, yet some of the marriage will crash later.

Anyways, if it is the church directive that they must present pregnancy test before wedding, they can decide to do court wedding and continue with their life or they can consider going to another church for wedding.

Fact is, church wedding is not a must... If they are not cool with it, it doesn't make them any less married.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by jnrbayano(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
You said they are married traditionally baa? That means their parents both consented? Brideprice paid and all? Okay.

Who is that Godman asking for pregnancy test? When Jesus attended a Jewish wedding in Cana, who demanded for pregnancy test results that time?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
psucc:
That has become a ritual in most Nigerian churches. It is never strange. But the truth is that the Pastors are almost always fooled because the Doctors are Nigerians and knows what to do even without being told by the would-be couples.

Most cases, the Pastors choose the doctor but this too doesn't guarantee reality.

In my Church, you don't go to any hospital you want for the test, the Church will refer you to their own lab or hospital.

Seems you Church is already corrupted the way you sounded.

In their own lab or hospital, it is made up of people with impeccable and tested character, not Yahoo boy doctors.

Don't come back and say everybody can be bought or everyone is corrupt! Speak for yourself and your Church

10 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Demonicide(f): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Its well

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bomasek(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
greatnaija01:
well THEY WERE NEVER SERIOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE.... the bible says ONLY THE WICKED RUNS WHEN NO MAN IS PURSUING...

People PREFER to WORK for GOD than to WALK WITH GOD and most nonchalantly to OBEY God.... YET THEY WANT HIS BLESSINGS.

people are problematic everywhere.... THE PASTOR MAY HAVE THOUGHT ON THE BED UNDEFILED BEFORE MARRIAGE AND BOTH OF THEM MAY HAVE BEEN DOING THE "THANG" secretly.... SO NOW THEY RAN BECAUSE THEY FELT EXPOSED...

If they met a REAL MAN OF GOD, they may have been exposed from their first day in Church.
Did u skip the part that said they are legally man n wife

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by obainojazz(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
shocked
The pastor must have knacked that woman without protection, that's why he's requesting for pregnancy result.. Before DNA will fall his hand, or the child will have round head and flat nose like him.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Ishilove: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
What arrant nonsense. Our Lord Jesus talked about these kinds of people in Matthew 15 vs 9. He said- "In vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

Who said you must be married in church before you can have conjugal relations with your spouse?? Who said you must be wedded in church before your marriage is blessed? Man, of course, not God. I recall the arena where Jesus performed his first recorded miracle was at a Jewish wedding in Cana.

When all traditional marriage rites are completed, a couple are legally married in the eyes of God, man and the law. It is us human being imposing man made restrictions, dogma and utterly ridiculous and carnal demands in the name of God.

I suggest people should research the history of white weddings before being swayed by all manner of false teachings.

Kudos to preachers like Pastor Chris Ojigbani who have long denounced these unscriptural and ignorant rules in the church.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Free Lia sheribu, Wat had she done? free lia free lia

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by gsparks01(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
thought they'd done traditional wedding

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by faithfull18(f): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
Spend less and Save more on data.... visit my profile or take a look at my signature..
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by onupeter(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
Why not follow them up and find out why they didn't bring you a feed back, before concluding. Besides the guy have paid dowry for the traditional marriage to have taken place of which you attended...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
sujexy:
Pastor asks for pregnancy test result from couple that has traditionally completed their Marraige rites before he would wed them in church
Nairaland what is your take on this please??

What's so special about Church wedding � (White weeding). I see no reason of wasting time, energy and money all in the name of Church wedding. If my girlfriend don't want us to break up she should never mention anything about White Wedding cos that will be the end of everything

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by 1kingwriter: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
When do we call a man and woman a couple - after traditional marriage or church wedding?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eph12(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
bomasek:
Did u skip the part that said they are legally man n wife
Then why are they asking the church to wed them? Do they think the church is a joke?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
does wedding in the church prevent divorce?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by ofuonyebi: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
this type of marriage has a lot of hidden agenda...and at the end, when the yawa go burst,

you will see many of them that shout hossana today....blaming the innocent pastor

he has done his duty...there is nothing wrong in demanding for a pregnancy test b/4 wedding

experience they say, is the best teacher, have we NOT seen where a lady has cunningly given another man's pregnancy to an unsuspecting bride?

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by FUNNYBONE1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
I COMMENT MY RESERVE
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Newbeginnings(m): 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
wow
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eph12(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
1kingwriter:
When do we call a man and woman a couple - after traditional marriage or church wedding?
Depends.. If they plan to do church, then they have to wait until after every marriage rite is satisfied before acting as couple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Sister Biodun Kumuyi Seen In Heaven / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.