Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church (59155 Views)

Marriage Wahala. Evan Ebuka Óbị Asked Couple To Divorce / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Anitop(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
While it may not be compulsory to have church wedding, one has to abide by the tenets of the church if one desires it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by delivryboy: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
greatnaija01:
well THEY WERE NEVER SERIOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE.... the bible says ONLY THE WICKED RUNS WHEN NO MAN IS PURSUING...

People PREFER to WORK for GOD than to WALK WITH GOD and most nonchalantly to OBEY God.... YET THEY WANT HIS BLESSINGS.

people are problematic everywhere.... THE PASTOR MAY HAVE THOUGHT ON THE BED UNDEFILED BEFORE MARRIAGE AND BOTH OF THEM MAY HAVE BEEN DOING THE "THANG" secretly.... SO NOW THEY RAN BECAUSE THEY FELT EXPOSED...

If they met a REAL MAN OF GOD, they may have been exposed from their first day in Church.
Thrash!!!
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eph12(m): 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Demonicide:
If they do abortion now, na that same pastor go still call them murderer. That was how one sister did abortion all because of this pregnancy test before wedding. She now has blocked tubes now, the pastors commits atrocities than members sef.
Did the pastor ask or advice anybody to do abortion?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by fotist: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
Galacious1:
Is church wedding really necessary?
NOOO
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by nereiskc(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
Until we Nigerian start acknowledging traditional wedding as a form wedding that unite couples, even without church wedding, we can't b free from mental slavery.
I believe no church weds couples without them going for traditional rites.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Slate80(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=66743046]Lol. Well, I have not read how many marriages were conducted in the church in the bible, not even the one where Jesus turned water to wine.

For me , once you have paid the bride price, she has already legally become your wife and you can start having babies.

But since they have decided to go to church, let them obey the rules there.

It is however not a sin not to have a 'white wedding'. Na our copy copy and overdo dey cause all these nonsense.

Exactly my bro, we have now elevated dogma over bible teaching. I stand to be corrected but I know in the bible the evidence of marriage is by paying of bride price to the woman's people every other thing is superficial
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Laredojohn(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hmm it quite sad that this rule in churches trying not to promote promiscuity by joining a pregnant woman and a man has lead to soo many other wrong doings all in the name of the couple to be wanting a church wedding, some will abort all because they want to have a church wedding, my point is any lady or guy who is sexually active is as guilty as the pregnant lady who is prevented from being joined in the church, while a lady who has performed series of abortions and may even have done one is ceremoniously accepted by the church, my take is, only virgins (guy or lady) should be able to Wed in churches with their rules, as far as a guy or girl is sexually active, the pregnant girl they are both the same

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by yazach: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
Please according to bible, what is the procedure for marriage
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Philinho(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
KushyKush:

I am a Christian and I can bold say 90% of African churches are stupid and vain.

Mary would have terminated Jesus's pregnancy if she was a Nigerian Christian.

By the way, church wedding should be abolished because it is not necessary. Court and traditional weddings are far better.

At least they wouldn't ask for wedding and special donations to the church account.
You are not a Christian n stop displaying epic foolishness. Joseph was informed of Mary's pregnancy .You people always twist the BIBLE to favour you.remember the last day

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by IMASTEX: 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Galacious1:
Is church wedding really necessary?
That should have been the fundamental question. Jesus or His disciples never preceded over any marriage in the bible. They were rather a guest. Paying of bride price/Dowry is the only approved recommendation by God which is done during the traditional marriage. A woman becomes your wife the moment her bride price is paid as approved by God. All those churches doing come let me wed you, but first ask if the bride price has been paid are only acting to gain undue relevance and a practice of western culture.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by psucc(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hhahahahaha! Nigerians and self-deceit. You know much than I do that even your so-called tested characters are worst than the devil because everyone knows that's the devil and knows how he behaves but your 'holy ones' are mere men and Nigerians in that matter.

#Shithole
divicoded:

In my Church, you don't go to any hospital you want for the test, the Church will refer you to their own lab or hospital.

Seems you Church is already corrupted the way you sounded.

In their own lab or hospital, it is made up of people with impeccable and tested character, not Yahoo boy doctors.

Don't come back and say everybody can be bought or everyone is corrupt! Speak for yourself and your Church
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by pressplay411(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyPagan:
Christians and their wahala.

If to say dem ask Mary dis kain question, dem for don abort Jesus...

Don't mind them. It's not scriptural. The pastor is meant to advise them not force them.
Some pastors tend to apply sense knowledge which contradicts the purpose of the gospel.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
psucc:
Hhahahahaha! Nigerians and self-deceit. You know much than I do that even your so-called tested characters are worst than the devil because everyone knows that's the devil and knows how he behaves but your 'holy ones' are mere men and Nigerians in that matter.

#Shithole

Stop whining and go and die

Your church is corrupt

#olmba olumba congregation
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by slimfit1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
We nees to ask churches what they do with the money before we put down offering.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Blessedwhite(m): 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
I am surprised the way some that called themselves Christians speak in public and they will still be the one inviting people for their wedding. Who said the Pastor want to stop the wedding. Why lie to the priest in the first place when there is a way out.
the generation where people can admit a slight fault but are over the place placing blames and pointing fingers. this issue is to long to be discussed here. but Christians change your mind set. for he without sin cast the first stone

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by talk2percy(m): 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
While I have wedded my wife traditionally The church isn't seriously serious!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Niphemy22: 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
cool
HappyPagan:

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by godofuck231: 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
greatnaija01:
well THEY WERE NEVER SERIOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE.... the bible says ONLY THE WICKED RUNS WHEN NO MAN IS PURSUING...

People PREFER to WORK for GOD than to WALK WITH GOD and most nonchalantly to OBEY God.... YET THEY WANT HIS BLESSINGS.

people are problematic everywhere.... THE PASTOR MAY HAVE THOUGHT ON THE BED UNDEFILED BEFORE MARRIAGE AND BOTH OF THEM MAY HAVE BEEN DOING THE "THANG" secretly.... SO NOW THEY RAN BECAUSE THEY FELT EXPOSED...

If they met a REAL MAN OF GOD, they may have been exposed from their first day in Church.

The religion of xtianity isn't your traditional religion, it was adopted, if a man pregnancy a woman in the jewish religion it's his fate and he must take her as his wife, automatic marriage, if she does not know the father of the child, Na gbozza
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by chukzyfcbb: 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
Na couples wey dey disturb their selves.

So after having a Traditional marriage, you come to complain to me that its unholy that to have my woman pregnant, Something must be wrong with you.

That law should be put away its totally useless.

What churches should be focused on, is if the couples are born again and teaching them doctrines needed in a christian home. I don't blame the pastors sha, na because we carry church marriage for head in this country like Gala seller.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Uguruzik(m): 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
Church wedding is not biblical, if you complete the marriage rites as demand by your tradition, don't bother yourself about whatever the pastor thinks because that's not what God says. People still listen to them because our traditional institutions have not started issuing state recognized marriage certificate and formal marriage registration and I think that should be looked into. White wedding is a mere white man tradition but not biblical
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Apina(m): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Even within the core african setting, getting pregnant out of wedlock is frowned at undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by kollinpowel(m): 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
I think Africans in general are so gullible that whatever the White's throw at us we accept, Under which Constitution is it written that church marriages is a must? We just allow ourselves to be directed be mere man like ourselves.Oga you better go and start numbers and value to the world and leave the man monitoring another man's pregnancy.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Platony(m): 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Rubbish.....any church dat does nt wnt 2 wed u cos u're pregnant,...leave dat church, Go n wed elsewhere. Ar u in essence encouraging dem 2 do abortion? Check dat Pastor very wel, he might be bleeping sm sisters in dat same church. Hypocritical Hypocrites. SMH....

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by truthstands12: 12:34am On Apr 16, 2018
HappyPagan:

Be very careful of what inference you make about your creator. You can say whatever you want to say without making reference to the Lord. Don't take your example to such height. Its very risky example you are giving here because you are talking about the creator of the universe. So, you need to be careful.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by stevio(m): 12:53am On Apr 16, 2018
RIP then grin
MhisTahrah:
I'm dead. grin grin
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by greatnaija01: 1:08am On Apr 16, 2018
ISLAM WAS NOT EITHER... so are you a traditional worshipper?

HECK... why did you even reply in ENGLISH... why not use your NATIVE TONGUE.. why are you wearinf CLOTHES...it is wise to learn from others if their ways are BETTER than yours.... so we adopted their ways and it has improved our lives ever since.... since you want to select AND dissect what English men brought.... lol... BRO... accept it.. THEY GAVE US LIGHT IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE... TRADITIONAL THINGS ARE USELESS COS WE CAN EVEN CARRY THE GODS... they can not move without being carried... WE HAVE LEFT THAT ERA..

bro calm down o

godofuck231:

The religion of xtianity isn't your traditional religion, it was adopted, if a man pregnancy a woman in the jewish religion it's his fate and he must take her as his wife, automatic marriage, if she does not know the father of the child, Na gbozza
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by flamingREED(m): 1:28am On Apr 16, 2018
Social media has given sinners right to meddle with matters of righteousness.

And they mostly judge sinfully as is consistent with their carnal natures.

Beware of making your unrighteous views public always. The heavens can maim you for that.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Phealipo(m): 1:35am On Apr 16, 2018
Is pregnancy the only evidence of pre-marital sex?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Elparaiso(m): 2:05am On Apr 16, 2018
The pastor only asked. It isn't stated that he demanded one or refused to wed them. Their shame drove them away, don't twist it abeg.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:14am On Apr 16, 2018
Person wey don do Traditional marriage, na single man?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by xynerise: 2:17am On Apr 16, 2018
This is pure hypocrisy. It means you can fuvk your man or woman before marriage but just don't get pregnant. What are they really against?

These mushroom churches are just like the Pharisees
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by wildernessVoice: 2:53am On Apr 16, 2018
Hebrews 13:4 (KJV) Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

They knew they've defiled their bed why approaching the Church for Holy solemnization. After all the Church is not against traditional marriage. They could've stop at traditional marriage or proceed to court to legitimize their marriage. The only thing the Church can do at this stage is to bless the marriage during Sunday service which exclude wearing of white garment and issuance of Church marriage certificate which is the practice in most Pentecostal Churches.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Sister Biodun Kumuyi Seen In Heaven / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.