Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21017 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 4:04am On May 15, 2010
chiogo:

On vacation anyway!!  tongue

where, chuck e cheese as usual?

SEFAGO:

I think Ezeuche should connect with the Igbo diaspora in America, instead of referring them as Akata in that arrogant Nigerian immigrant way

he is bound to end up married to a shawanda anyway with big head kids to match
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:05am On May 15, 2010
I see people are still talking. FYI, I am on an accelerated MBA program due to the my course work in the Smith School of Business. I am all about the business.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 4:06am On May 15, 2010
bawomolo:

you finally finished from devry university? ope o

thank u thank u  grin
u r invited to my graduation parrryy by the way.
no skinny jeans allowed.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:06am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

I see people are still talking. FYI, I am on an accelerated MBA program due to the my course work in the Smith School of Business. I am all about the business.

LOL, and do what spare parts selling  grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:06am On May 15, 2010
bawomolo:

he is bound to end up married to a shawanda anyway with big head kids to match

And we know you will marry some white trash named Becky and have those ugly children who take after you skinny Yoruba guys.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:07am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, and do what spare parts selling  grin

Naw not spare parts, I am into changing oil at Jiffy Lube!!! grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 4:08am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

And we know you will marry some white trash named Becky and have those ugly children who take after you skinny Yoruba guys.

why can't her name be jane  grin.

EzeUche:

lol talk about beating stereotypes.  kudos though
we go open shop for alaba
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chiogo(f): 4:09am On May 15, 2010
lmao!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 4:09am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

shocked shocked ezeuche!! u finally come online!? i've been searching everywhere for u
so is smith busines school in the US? i've never heard of it. anyways, i know you are very smart but. . . biafra. . . seriously?  
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:13am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Naw not spare parts, I am into changing oil at Jiffy Lube!!! grin

You do not stray far from your family trade. I think you guys should import gala, and start selling it on bridges in the US. You could commercialize that Poo mate. On second thought, you might declare biafra in the middle of the US grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:14am On May 15, 2010
oyinda.:

shocked shocked ezeuche!! u finally come online!? i've been searching everywhere for u
so is smith busines school in the US? i've never heard of it. anyways, i know you are very smart but. . . biafra. . . seriously?  

I have that way with the Yoruba women.  cool

Is Smith School in the US?   lol It is part of the University of Maryland. And I will always support Biafra even at the expense of my mixed Yoruba children.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:15am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

You do not stray far from your family trade. I think you guys should import gala, and start selling it on bridges in the US. You could commercialize that Poo mate. On second thought, you might declare biafra in the middle of the US  grin

Why do that when I can hire the Mexicans for pennies?  Start my own business conglomerate. Have a Yoruba secretary to help service my company and I!!! wink
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 4:16am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Is Smith School in the US?   lol It is part of the University of Maryland. And I will always support Biafra even at the expense of my mixed Yoruba children.

u dey craze grin grin hope ur handsome sha and ur head is not flat hahaha
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 4:20am On May 15, 2010
oyinda.:

u dey craze  grin grin hope your handsome sha and your head is not flat hahaha

and pigs can fly . he is not eligible to be a red cap chief unless his head is flat  grin
they don't call him eze for nothing.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:20am On May 15, 2010
oyinda.:

u dey craze  grin grin hope your handsome sha and your head is not flat hahaha

Flat head?    I am not even full Igbo. I am a mixture of Ibibio and Kalabari, maybe that is why I do not have this flat head you speak of. U find that from among the Anambra guys.  grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:22am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

LOL, my aunt actually works in admissions at UMD. Man you wasted your time. In such a bad economy, you should not be going to a mediocre business school, but let me keep my mouth shut.

EzeUche:

Why do that when I can hire the Mexicans for pennies?  Start my own business conglomerate. Have a Yoruba secretary to help service my company and I!!!  wink

Thats your business. Inbtw rarely do Igbo people start conglomerates. That is the forte of Yoruba people. You guys own Alaba I admit. Do you want me to list Yoruba dominance of the Nigerian industry- I did it for baba mekyusxx, and I have time to do it for you. Infact, I love you guys die. You helped a brokeass boy like me have the opportunity to buy all this Playstation games.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 4:24am On May 15, 2010
Interesting topic. Especially the conversation that is occurring right now as we speak. And all this talk of flat heads. Are we Igbos predisposed to having flat heads?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 4:28am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, my aunt actually works in admissions at UMD. Man you wasted your time. In such a bad economy, you should not be going to a mediocre business school, but let me keep my mouth shut.

Thats your business. Inbtw rarely do Igbo people start conglomerates. That is the forte of Yoruba people. You guys own Alaba I admit. Do you want me to list Yoruba dominance of the Nigerian industry- I did it for baba mekyusxx, and I have time to do it for you. Infact, I love you guys die. You helped a brokeass boy like me have the opportunity to buy all this Playstation games.

Mediocre business school? The Smith School of Business is in the top 20. Am staying local.

Rubbish, who said Igbo people don't start conglomerates. Whenever we are in town, we get together for a meeting and plan to buy up all the land in the town. Why fight over political spoils when we can buy up all the land right from underneath you all. You Yoruba people cannot even trust one another. My Yoruba friends would trust an Igbo man before they trust their own brother. Your people are wicked ooooooo
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:28am On May 15, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Interesting topic. Especially the conversation that is occurring right now as we speak. And all this talk of flat heads.
Are we Igbos predisposed to having flat heads?

As predisposed as Ashkenazim Jews are to Cystic Fibrosis
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 4:31am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

As predisposed as Ashkenazim Jews are to Cystic Fibrosis

I would not say so, case in point, I do not have a flat head. Am I an outlier? My picture is for all to see. Generalized statements are never good. It is like saying that all Yorubas are dark as midnight, or all Swedish people have blonde hair. It is never good to make a generalized statement about a people.

Now it is time to go back on topics and the poster of this thread is highly ignorant. That my brethren did not need to dignify him with a response.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:36am On May 15, 2010
Mediocre business school? Huh The Smith School of Business is in the top 20. Am staying local.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/rankings/title+university%20of%20maryland

Rubbish, who said Igbo people don't start conglomerates. Whenever we are in town, we get together for a meeting and plan to buy up all the land in the town. Why fight over political spoils when we can buy up all the land right from underneath you all. You Yoruba people cannot even trust one another. My Yoruba friends would trust an Igbo man before they trust their own brother. Your people are wicked ooooooo

True we dont trust each other. C'est la vie. My mother always told me not to trust anyone, including her but myself. That independence has paid off so much in my life.

Now it is time to go back on topics and the poster of this thread is highly ignorant. That my brethren did not need to dignify him with a response.

Ok, I dont agree with the latter part of the Posters comments. I believe the igbo could field brilliant presidents/leader if they are allowed to. So could any ethnic group. And I am very well aware that the Igbo are very much marginalized in tyhe power structure of Nigeria. However, I agree that the igbo extraction have not shown the superb leadership skills that Yoruba or Hausa people have. Leadership is not about leading, thats childish crap- its all about exploiting, so maybe its cultural per se?

the igbo have been more communal than the Yoruba or Hausa who have been organized into Feudal and State system, so this would make sense. As Ezeuche pointed out, trust is a problem in Yoruba culture possibly.

Generalizations might be wrong but they can sometimes be correct. You culture does impose some effects on how you think. I can never thing the same way as a Caucasian who grew up in Germany no matter how long I stay in Germany.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:43am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Ok, I dont agree with the latter part of the Posters comments. I believe the igbo could field brilliant presidents/leader if they are allowed to. So could any ethnic group. And I am very well aware that the Igbo are very much marginalized in tyhe power structure of Nigeria. However, I agree that the igbo extraction have not shown the superb leadership skills that Yoruba or Hausa people have. Leadership is not about leading, thats childish crap- its all about exploiting, so maybe its cultural per se?

the igbo have been more communal than the Yoruba or Hausa who have been organized into Feudal and State system, so this would make sense. As Ezeuche pointed out, trust is a problem in Yoruba culture possibly.

Generalizations might be wrong but they can sometimes be correct. You culture does impose some effects on how you think. I can never thing the same way as a Caucasian who grew up in Germany no matter how long I stay in Germany.

I'm forced to agree with the bolded. Rare "honest to God" observation from the most unlikely corner.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:44am On May 15, 2010
^^^
That explains why Ogbulafor is resigning even before being convicted. He didn't get it. undecided
You are right, Igbos still DON"T get it.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by mekuszyx: 4:45am On May 15, 2010
I look toward the West, I see no leadership. I look toward the North, none can be found.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^
That explains why Ogbulafor is resigning even before being convicted. He didn't get it. undecided
You are right, Igbos still DON"T get it.

get what? how to exploit people at all cost?

influence people would be a better word than exploit.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Have you ever thought that many Igbos do not want to be a part of this system? That could answer your system. Remember that prior to independence and after independence, the Igbo had many nationalistic leaders. Some one say that the Ndi Igbo were the most patriotic in terms of nationalistic tendencies. That is why we are found throughout Nigeria. As some people say, if there is not any Igbo living in an area, then the place may be bad for business.

However, I do agree with your assessment about the Feudalistic and State system of both the Yoruba and Hausa. It is easier for both of these people to follow a strongman than an Igbo would due to our democratic nature. Our republican form of governance has served us for over a thousand years, and I do not see any change coming to our culture on that front.

Generalizations are always wrong, because there are always differences. I tend to stay away from a generalized statement. Now I may mention a cultural trait, but I will not speak in such blanket terms. Especially when a people is as diverse as the Ndi Igbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:49am On May 15, 2010
bawomolo:

get what? how to exploit people at all cost?

influence people would be a better word than exploit.

"influence" is a diplomatic alternative for "exploit". You use one when you are still at the hoodwinking stage, while you use the other after the fact -when you know you have the upperhand and your enemy can't do shiot.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 4:49am On May 15, 2010
mekuszyx:

I look toward the West, I see no leadership. I look toward the North, none can be found.

The West may be disorganized, but the Core North is not disorganized. There leadership is firmly in power. The Hausa have the best form of governance when it comes to people following the will of their elite. This is something that is most admirable and scary at the same time when discussing Hausa-Fulani culture. Such a cohesive group, it just boggles the mind that a people can form a collective will through their religion and leadership.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 4:51am On May 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

"influence" is a diplomatic alternative for "exploit". You use one when you are still at the hoodwinking stage, while you use the other after the fact -when you know you have the upperhand and your enemy can't do shiot.

why would u want to follow an aristocratic model though?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On May 15, 2010
bawomolo:

why would u want to follow an aristocratic model though?

That is what the "owners of Nigeria" has been using. I have to understand it first before I can design a way to topple it.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 4:52am On May 15, 2010
Generalizations are always wrong, because there are always differences. I tend to stay away from a generalized statement. Now I may mention a cultural trait, but I will not speak in such blanket terms. Especially when a people is as diverse as the Ndi Igbo.

Every Yoruba eats Amala is a pretty good generalization. I am sure if I made a good generalization of igbo people you would probably not care. But when I make bad generalizations you guys get indignant.

Our republican form of governance has served us for over a thousand years, and I do not see any change coming to our culture on that front.

Nation-states cannot work in such a way. No nation state in the world is communal or truly democratic, even the origin of democratic thought- the United States cannot claim true democracy. Such types of democracy can only work in small villages or small towns. Get with it- we are in the 21st Century. The West won, and we gotta do things like the West. Exploitation is the rule of the game- every tribe for themselves, this is not christmas  grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by mekuszyx: 4:54am On May 15, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

The West may be disorganized, but the Core North is not disorganized. There leadership is firmly in power. The Hausa have the best form of governance when it comes to people following the will of their elite. This is something that is most admirable and scary at the same time when discussing Hausa-Fulani culture. Such a cohesive group, it just boggles the mind that a people can form a collective will through their religion and leadership.

You give too much credit to the hausa fulani. We have seen how united they are with the incapacitation of Yaradua and eventual death and all the undercurrent. We have seen how united they are, yet Atiku and Buhari cannot form a credible opposition party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Photo Of President Jonathan Being Accredited In Otuoke, Bayelsa / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting Today (Photos) / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.