Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

What Is Wrong With My Mom? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With My Mom? (37590 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:04am On Apr 17, 2018
See a Psychiatrist.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ezkid(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
pawshjai:
are u sure u came here for advice..or u jes want to show ur stupidity...cus its obvious u hv madeup ur foolish mind on wah u wana do.....i tink u shud b left to do wah u fil lik...person no dey geh two mama....shes ur moda so do wah u wana do...dnt insult people wu hv takn dre tym to type trying to advice u..
With the gibberish u wrote up there, u mean im insulting people but u calling me stupid isn't an insult? Let's hear what u have to offer bitch! else, do me a favour and vanish!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by pawshjai(f): 7:08am On Apr 17, 2018
why x dis op nd sum lazy peple here telllin me..i cudnt go to sch bcus of my mum...ranting nd makin noise abt how dey arent successful bcus of sum... i tink u are d lazy one here...do u knw dre are orphans today wu saw demselve tru sch nd all...dey wish dey hv a mum or dad to cum feed frm dre pocket nao....liv ur mum alone.. she has her life .liv urs...u are a fool to mk urself useless bcus ur mum wasnt dre for u...ur children ll blame u for ur misfortune.. if u nt careful..ur kid too myt bring ur p here oneday..bcareful

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by blacq2009(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2018
You were making a point until you wrote " it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money..." It is you that is mentally unstable.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 17, 2018
Oritzy:
My brother if my mom was a witch I will still celebrate her, Mother's are the best beings on earth for your Info.
You dislike her because you don't know what it feels to be a parent most a especially a mother.
Mark my words when you start producing your own you would appreciate her everyday.
That woman you hates so much secretly prays for you everyday.
She secretly hopes she becomes the mother of a rich son
You owe her everything
Be nice to your mom man.
Love and respect her.
Go to church with her.
Pray with her
Nice one brother. Top on my list this year is finally building that house for my one true love... My mama & e go be by God's grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by pawshjai(f): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
With the gibberish u wrote up there, u mean im insulting people but u calling me stupid isn't an insult? Let's hear what u have to offer bitch! else, do me a favour and vanish!!
smhfu....m nt a kid lik u..wu ll start exchangin foul word wif u...frm d tinx i hv seen u type here.....hnnmm..i reserve my comments...using des languages..lolz..nt me nd u dis morning...no cum gimme badluck...carry ur mata go...ur mum ur problem...ur family ur ish..nt mine.. xo byeeeeee . muah....hv a nyc day...nd i wish u luck doin wateva u do
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 7:14am On Apr 17, 2018
Oritzy:
My brother if my mom was a witch I will still celebrate her, Mother's are the best beings on earth for your Info.
You dislike her because you don't know what it feels to be a parent most a especially a mother.
Mark my words when you start producing your own you would appreciate her everyday.
That woman you hates so much secretly prays for you everyday.
She secretly hopes she becomes the mother of a rich son
You owe her everything
Be nice to your mom man.
Love and respect her.
Go to church with her.
Pray with her
If you know the negative effect bad/irresponsible parents can have on the society, you won't be typing this. You don't bear children you have no plans for. All those boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, armed robbers are mostly as a result of bad parenting. Irresponsible parents should never be celebrated.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
Well as an African I believe it's disrespectful and rude to diss or called out my mom for her unhealthy attitudes but I think its high time I make it public so people who has witnessed or experience such can give to me a valuable advice.

My mom was once a successful hair dresser and she was the breadwinner of our family until she became born again, she abruptly stopped plating hair for her customers based on what she tagged "unbiblical" She basically affirmed that she'll never touch attachments and synthetic hair again in her life and ever since then things hasn't been going smoothly again.

My Dad now has got a Rick Ross fatlike woman as a second wife and I think the whole situations has taken its toll on my mom's mental health, she's literally cut herself off from the outside world and everything always mean something extra terrestrial to her.

My Mom would see a gecko on the wall and believe it was sent from hell to drag her to the underground, We always packed from one apartment to the other thanks to her intolerance toward other people. Omg! She'll always find faults with her co tenants, everybody is either a witch or a spy from the underworld.

There's one thing she did that convinced me she's struggling from mental instability, we packed out from one house to a flat like apartment, do u believe my mom went back there and packed the huge rocks we used to make fire? She tagged them as her property which can never be left behind, she'll play with u today only to become unresponsive when u greet her tomorrow, she stopped her work almost 20 years ago and ever since then has become a liability on my dad and a burden on us the children, it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money when she's hale and healthy, she's the reason my dad was unable to send me to the university because the burden is too much on him.

What I find ridiculous about her is her mindset, her mind was wired to believe we owed her a living when in reality it's the opposite, when my dad is unable to send money she'll become so tensed and angry, its so annoying how she find it difficult to realize she is the PROBLEM of the family.

Pls I need good advice on what kind of help we the children can seek on her behalf cos its obvious she needs help. Thanks all.
Don't take it the wrong way but your Mom might be suffering from a mental illness... Not all mental illness are full blown crazy, we have some subtle ones like OCD, Alzheimer's Disease (AD), ADHD.... Just take good care of her, she's your responsibility, May God give you the strength OP.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by appsdope(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2018
OP.
I don't think you need education to be successful and I know you can work on yourself. There is something you mum is not telling you and that is what led her to depression and church. I know that born again Christians don't accept attachments and weapons. You mum was working and the family was fine but she decides to quit and the best your dad can do is get a second wife. Talk to your mum when she is at her best mood and try to seek medical attention for her.

Lastly, please be careful of what you say. Feeding your mum with your hard earned money is gini..... OP please delete that from your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by des4ella(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2018
OneCorner:

no mind ur mama... she no get sense cool
Do u have a mom.. cos ur statement indicated u lack common sense.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2018
odigbosky:

i feel it is schizophrenia. Similar thing happened to my mun and we failed to follow same path instead we followed the ojuju thing which they said once worked but that shit didn't work again. But the bottom line is when something bad happens to them and they don't share it....pple like them sink into depression which can be so hazardous. This thing has ruined my family completely
Really sorry about your family. She actually needs help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Oritzy: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:
If you know the negative effect bad/irresponsible parents can have on the society, you won't be typing this. You don't bear children you have no plans for. All those boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, armed robbers are mostly as a result of bad parenting. Irresponsible parents should never be celebrated.
Does anything the OP wrote about his mother a negative influence to him?? Let's focus n this topic bro. First it's Outrightly disrespectful to bring your mom to public. And I repeat again. even if she's a witch I will celebrate her.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by grandstar(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2018
Earthbound:
The disdain you feel towards your mother is unnatural. The church your mom became born again into is the root of all your problems

Her being "born again" isn't the issue.

I suspect she's mentally unstable
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kense88: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2018
Royal155:
I swear, this is the best advice I have seen here. Not all these lazy girls here supporting the mother's action. Like the op said, you can NEVER know or understand what he is passing through until you find yourself in that situation at a tender age.

More matured men with reliable source of income are even finding it hard catering for the family, talk more of a 20 year old son.
God bless your soul. I feel for the young man but the woman definitely needs help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by grandstar(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2018
victorian:

Has it ever occurred to you and everyone at home, that she's tired of working?
She simply need a break and she has finally hang her boots on working all day for the upkeep of the family.
She simply want to rest at her old age. So let her be.
Go and hustle. You are still. Young and vibrant.
And lastly don't compare your family with others, or else u will always find faults in your mum.
Everyone in the home, should Appreciate her, love her, respect her and see how she will change from been troublesome to calm and soft mother.
She is simply tired!

She has not worked for 20years
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by ImaIma1(f): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2018
kestolove95:
ova 20yrs of marriage ur dad still keep ur mum in rented apartment? nd he has money to marry another liability instead thinking towards an asset? ur dad is the problem, beta leave that woman alone and u guys own her alot..mothers ar never wrong even when we think dey ar..

And i am sure it is the same house. His only form of progress is marrying a new wife. The dad is actually selfish and really the problem here.

Op did your dad ever sacrifice the way your mum did when she was working? Or he was relaxed and laid back since your mum was fending for the family?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:

It amazes me how people can be so sentimental to issues such as this. Bringing a child into this world and taking care of that child is not an act of kindness rather it is your responsibility. In this part, it is believed that you have automatically become the alpha and omega because of fulfilling this duty as a parent, and most parents become highly irresponsible and high rank dictators. On this issue, the OP should do what he can by communicating his feelings and pains to his mom but should at the same time not let this affect his psychology and focus in building his own life.

If you are 100percent sure that your mom is sane, then leave her to come to terms with the consequences of her actions. You can't baby fed her, she is an adult, your mom and should have a higher sense of responsibility. My2cents

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by runsgirl: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2018
@OP,

Seek a Psychologist. Your mum may be suffering from depression.

I can bet that the church she got born again in does not share in any troubles you are going through.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ezkid(m): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2018
pawshjai:
why x dis op nd sum lazy peple here telllin me..i cudnt go to sch bcus of my mum...ranting nd makin noise abt how dey arent successful bcus of sum... i tink u are d lazy one here...do u knw dre are orphans today wu saw demselve tru sch nd all...dey wish dey hv a mum or dad to cum feed frm dre pocket nao....liv ur mum alone.. she has her life .liv urs...u are a fool to mk urself useless bcus ur mum wasnt dre for u...ur children ll blame u for ur misfortune.. if u nt careful..ur kid too myt bring ur p here oneday..bcareful
You're just as ridiculous as your name sounds! your example of orphans is illogical and doesn't correlate with what's happening here, if orphans are making money, I guess they'll be spending it to develop themselves.
YOU seem oblivious to facts, im making little cash now but if things go on like this both of us would eventually become the victim. I think I'll break it for u to understand....

1) My parents are supposed to develop me by sending me to school and cater for my needs

2) After my education and when I starts working, its expected to take good care of them.....

3) Now my parents has failed in their primary responsibility, many children of my age still depends on their parents for living but now im not dependent

4) Now im on my own and surely I must take care of myself by myself so I won't become a nuisance on the street

5) I've not got to the position where its expected to be giving back cos I still have many life obstacles im yet to cross like education which is the most paramount

6) I took to the streets to hustle so I can fill the void left by my parents failure in their primary responsibility

7) The little im earning now is my only hope I have to develop myself if I want anything called a bright future

8 . Now Im carrying my parent responsibility instead of developing myself first and you think that is my priority?

9) If the situation does not change now, we'll both become the victim I.e I won't be able to help myself, I won't be able to help her when the time she need help the most comes, that's when she's old.

I think I've been logical enough for u to reason the situation on ground here.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by aureen: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2018
kense88:
We are talking about the fact that the woman failed to contribute anything for the children upkeep which is part of her responsibility and your here talking like an idiot you are. She can press charges against the husband and demand that they go there separate ways but that doesn't absolve her of her part of responsibility as a co parent. You don't have strength to work, but you have strength to have unprotected sex.
Now before you start writing nonsense like a dickhead you are. Read through op's post again and you will see were he stated that the father was doing it alone.

You are an idiot/dickhead for supporting verbal abuse of parent, I expect nothing from a person like you who was conceived in hate.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2018
Your dad is the root cause of all the problems in the family. He has failed in being a responsible HEAD.

Your mom's decision to stop the saloon business is not the problem, the problem lies with the rest of the family who failed to support or encourage her to consider another business/job.

Would you force a sister to continue prosti.tuting because of money, if she decides to become "born again"? Don't force it, don't try to ascertain the reasons behind your mom's decision as we all know some christian denominations don't accept such.

The average black woman on Brazilian wig is as c r a z y as the woman that considers it a sin. If you think one is better than the other, then you're even crazier.

You guys leveraged on her choice of faith and pushed her into depression. She started by being born again, but now the failure of the family to accept her faith has pushed her into a serious mental health issue, yet, you guys don't even know the new development.
Seriously, your dad got a Rick Ross like second wife, and you expect everything to be OKAY mentally with your mom?

You guys are funny! Y'all don't know how the human brain works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by UjuJoan2: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2018
deloon:
I was trying to sympathize with you until you said it disgusts you to feed your mum with your hard earned money when she is hale and hearty.
You are pathetic.

Actually I don't think he is. He is bitter and resentful because he doesn't feel like he has a mother. Just because someone gave birth to you doesn't mean she is a mother.

Why did she abandon her responsibilities towards her children all in the name of religion. If she didn't want to be a hair dresser, she should have made plans for a viable alternative, not completely abandon her duties. Now she expects these same children she selfishly refused to cater for, to cater for her. It's just not fair.

There should be a balance in life. We take care of our parents because they took care of us when we couldn't . . . What happened when they abandoned their own duties half-way, and you had to struggle extra hard to be where you are, while the person that brought you to this earth lazies about. Let's quit being sentimental and be practical for once.

I'm a woman, and I'll sell my blood for cater for my kids if I have to. There's just no escaping that!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by garriboy(m): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
Its not really like I feel disdain towards her but she the architect of her problem and the PROBLEM is affecting the whole family but she failed to realize she herself is the PROBLEM!

You already said she is mentally unstable. How do you think she can realise she is the problem. She definitely need help. Your help, your dad's help. The church's help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ezkid(m): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Oritzy:
Does anything the OP wrote about his mother a negative influence to him?? Let's focus n this topic bro. First it's Outrightly disrespectful to bring your mom to public. And I repeat again. even if she's a witch I will celebrate her.
A fool at 40
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by garriboy(m): 7:42am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
Its not really like I feel disdain towards her but she the architect of her problem and the PROBLEM is affecting the whole family but she failed to realize she herself is the PROBLEM!

You already said she is mentally unstable. How do you think she can realise she is the problem. She definitely need help. Your help, your dad's help. The church's help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
You're just as ridiculous as your name sounds! your example of orphans is illogical and doesn't correlate with what's happening here, if orphans are making money, I guess they'll be spending it to develop themselves.
YOU seem oblivious to facts, im making little cash now but if things go on like this both of us would eventually become the victim. I think I'll break it for u to understand....

1) My parents are supposed to develop me by sending me to school and cater for my needs

2) After my education and when I starts working, its expected to take good care of them.....

3) Now my parents has failed in their primary responsibility, many children of my age still depends on their parents for living but now im not dependent

4) Now im on my own and surely I must take care of myself by myself so I won't become a nuisance on the street

5) I've not got to the position where its expected to be giving back cos I still have many life obstacles im yet to cross like education which is the most paramount

6) I took to the streets to hustle so I can fill the void left by my parents failure in their primary responsibility

7) The little im earning now is my only hope I have to develop myself if I want anything called a bright future

8 . Now Im carrying my parent responsibility instead of developing myself first and you think that is my priority?

9) If the situation does not change now, we'll both become the victim I.e I won't be able to help myself, I won't be able to help her when the time she need help the most comes, that's when she's old.

I think I've been logical enough for u to reason the situation on ground here.

It amazes me how people can be so sentimental to issues such as this. Bringing a child into this world and taking care of that child is not an act of kindness rather it is your responsibility. In this part, it is believed that you have automatically become the alpha and omega because of fulfilling this duty as a parent, and most parents become highly irresponsible and high rank dictators.

On this issue, the OP should do what he can by communicating his feelings and pains to his mom but should at the same time not let this affect his psychology and focus in building his own life.

If you are 100percent sure that your mom is sane, then leave her to come to terms with the consequences of her actions. You can't baby fed her, she is an adult, your mom and should have a higher sense of responsibility. My2cents

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Niceguy123: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2018
GraGra247:
The hype, love and respect for mothers and fathers is very excellent and healthy but make no mistake there are parents that are very bad examples.

Unfortunately the Society makes it a taboo for individuals to complain about the bad influence of their parents.

This is totally wrong and its the kind of thing that leads to for instance a father carnally abusing the daughter and the daughter keeping mute out of fear that society will accuse her of disrespect and contempt for her dad.

You're doing the right thing by coming foward with things you consider your mom is doing wrong so ignore anybody that will accuse you of disrespect and contempt.

Just try to deal with the problem of your mom but be sure to include a high level of COURTESY AND RESPECT for her every inch of the way else you'll ruin it.

If she stopped making hair, there are so many other businesses she can do. You can help her open a store, a restaurant or food item business if you can afford.

Getting her busy will give her less time to bother the tenants and neighbors and other nasty things you complained about. Bros you get sense. 1 cold bottle of hero for you

EOD.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Oritzy: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
A fool at 40
Congratulations. If building your mom a house and making her retire at young age is being a fool at 40 then I want to be a fool forever, and instead of seeking help for your mom, dragging her to the public is the best for you and that's make you wise then I don't want to be wise.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ezkid(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2018
pawshjai:
smhfu....m nt a kid lik u..wu ll start exchangin foul word wif u...frm d tinx i hv seen u type here.....hnnmm..i reserve my comments...using des languages..lolz..nt me nd u dis morning...no cum gimme badluck...carry ur mata go...ur mum ur problem...ur family ur ish..nt mine.. xo byeeeeee . muah....hv a nyc day...nd i wish u luck doin wateva u do
Thanks honey, you've done what im expecting. VANISH!
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by amakadihot87(f): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2018
Madukaele:

you just talked about my mum. I stopped sending her money.
.......pls dont........take care of your mum now that she is living.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by amakadihot87(f): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Ezkid:
She's 51 now and she stopped the work over 15 years ago and she's tired ever since? We tried setting up other cake business but she always squandered the money, give her 100k today and she won't be able to account for it the following week. We've left her to become what she wants to be.
then dont give her bulk money.......

just make sure you always give her money for her upkeep

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2018
The problem with ur mum is ur dad.
Unless I read wrong, she was the bread winner back then.
Running a successful hair dressing salon is no joke on a married woman with children. It will surely weigh her down.
She will be complaining to your dad but like most Nigerian dads, she must be expected to do her job as a mother well. Not forgetting that she had to service the man constantly depending on his demand.
Any time she refuses to do so, the society will be against her cos that's her primary duty as a woman.
All these time, do she get soothing words from ur dad.
As early as then she was the bread winner, what was your dad doing?
Trying to establish that he is the boss?

This drove ur mum to seek solace in the church. Let me tell you, most women u see in church today literally ran to those churches seeking solace. They see and meet people with problems relating to their own and form bond, bonding they should have formed with their husbands.
U get it now. As she delve deeper, instead of ur dad to help lure er out, he was still the boss till she was completely immersed. And I'm very positive she stopped performing her primary duty cos that too might be sin to her.
What did your dad do? A man who can't take care of his then family and left the bulk to his wife?
As the man who do as he wants, he brought in a second wife thereby driving ur mum into further depression and agony.
Sometimes the cause of frictions between spouses are not made known to the children until they have reached the age of reasoning. U haven't reached the age of reasoning yet else u will add things together to see why it has reached this stage.
U are still having the victim's mentality. By blaming ur mum for not going to university.
Have u blamed ur dad for bringing in 2nd wife?
Have u blamed him for making her breadwinner?

Why are u blaming ur mum only?
There are women who ought not to be called mothers even though they gave birth to u and I don't condone such people but here, u failed to see the reason for what's wrong with ur mum.

I will advice u to do this, then call ur siblings too to do the otherwise.

Go to ur mum, and ask her for forgiveness for misunderstanding her and reassure her of ur love. We always say we love our parents on social media but the Nigeria 's I knew hardly open mouth to say I love u to parents. They thought they show love by showering them with gifts. Everybody (not only that babe u are after) want to hear those sweet words. They are very soothing. When u say it, mean it and show it in ur actions even if u get resistance . It will surely break down that wall. Gain her trust and wait for her to talk to u. Don't rush her. Once she gain ur trust, she will open up to u and tell u what happened those yrs ago.

Pls don't blame, when she is done look for where her anger lies. I bet u it will all center on your dad.
Then apologise on ur dad behalf. If the other siblings reason well enough, tell them what mummy told u and let them apologise too to her on behalf of dad.
Then all of u will unanimously go to ur dad and table his sins before him. And be strict about it.
And demand he apologise to ur mum.

U don't have to do anything else. U will see your mum start glowing again. She will surprise u all and become even better and sweeter than she was before. (If u want to win her faster, tell her to invite u to her church if they have programme. Listen, u want ur family especially mother to be okay, then go out of ur way to make it happen. I applaud u also for taking the courage to air ur family problem in this crazy forum)
I do hope u understand all that I wrote down. I actually have to take my time to explain these to u.
Nobody want a dysfunctional family and sometimes it's just a very small issue left unattainded to that blow out of proportion like this.

I wish u and ur family all the best. U are good and u actually love your mum a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / This Girl Is Missing / The Will That Calmed My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.