Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun (22073 Views)

Police To Honour Officers Murdered In Delta, Arrest 5 Suspects / Kano Police Recover Fake Currencies In Uncompleted Building, Arrest 5 (Photos) / Edo Police Raid Gay Students’ Club In Ekpoma, Arrest 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by fwallex4truth: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2018
Absolutely nonsense!

Why can't the police and CBN officials go arrest those politicians stealing and hiding naira note in the farm, toilet and so on.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by dfrost: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2018
Giddymoney:
I hope the notes are still intact

Naija police can't be trusted tho

cheesy grin. The guy in your meme: his face and hands though. cheesy grin
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Ifunanya327(f): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2018
Abeg leave them alone. If y'all keep arresting them, they'll be no money to spray at OWAMBE
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by thirstyBouya: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2018
24 Yrs Old Uniilorin Student Molest Her Sister (15) With A Huge intimacy gadget
http://guatemalatango.com/rSj4g//320649e696efc12dfeeea1878e4b1436/fcb/en/?i=2668306&i=2668306

VIEW GRAPHIC VIDEO HERE!!
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by drey076(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2018
grin
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by drey076(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2018
bettercreature:
Are you saying this is a crime?I dont see any crime here they should free these women
I often buy new notes there is nothing special about it they are business women
read before u comment
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by etibaba(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Timiblanko:
As I am just hearing this for the first time that Hawking naira note is bad am very sure that they are not aware as well. and besides in this country where their is no good job that one is helping them and preventing them from stealing.
Ignorance is not an excuse in law sir. But truth be told they ought to free those women.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Olawade24: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Ellabae:
Oh okay I get it now. Thanks dear
i should be the one u should be thanking, i gave him brain. So u know.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Ellabae(f): 11:01am On Apr 16, 2018
Olawade24:
i should be the one u should be thanking, i gave him brain. So u know.
Lol ok thank to u too.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Oreofepeters: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2018
Are you sure the money is not far more than 1.5millions? I can't give a bleep trust to Nigerian police...

Black people wearing black uniform. Is that not evil upon evil?
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by yeman1(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
The Ogun State Police Command says it has arrested five persons in different parts of the state for allegedly hawking naira notes.

The police identified the suspects as Toyin Alegbe, Kehinde Akinbode, Shoneye Latifat, Kehinde Olanrewaju and Iyanuoluwa Shokunbi.
Out useless Nigeria police force

A police report indicated that the women were arrested in the Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, and Abeokuta areas of Ogun State during sting operations jointly carried out by operatives of the command and officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria on Thursday, April 12, and Friday, April 13, 2018.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the operations were in line with the provisions of Section 21(1) of the CBN Act 2007, which made hawking, selling and abuse of the naira a punishable offence.

He said, “Various denominations of naira notes totalling N1,560,000 were recovered from the suspects who were publicly exhibiting their illicit trade.”

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, has directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Aminu Alhassan, to commence a full scale investigation into the activities of the currency hawkers.

The suspects, he said, would be charged to court at the end of investigation.

Iliyasu also warned members of the public to desist from any act capable of soiling or destroying the naira, “which is one of the symbols of our national identity.”

http://newshelm.ng/photo-police-arrest-5-women-for-hawking-naira-notes-in-ogun/

Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Fuckallmods: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2018
Hay! Nawa
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Timiblanko(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2018
etibaba:
Ignorance is not an excuse in law sir. But truth be told they ought to free those women.

God bless you sir for the last statement.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by kmaster007: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2018
no b new tin.. owanbe party vibes
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by omojeesu(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
The Ogun State Police Command says it has arrested five persons in different parts of the state for allegedly hawking naira notes.

The police identified the suspects as Toyin Alegbe, Kehinde Akinbode, Shoneye Latifat, Kehinde Olanrewaju and Iyanuoluwa Shokunbi.

A police report indicated that the women were arrested in the Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, and Abeokuta areas of Ogun State during sting operations jointly carried out by operatives of the command and officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria on Thursday, April 12, and Friday, April 13, 2018.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the operations were in line with the provisions of Section 21(1) of the CBN Act 2007, which made hawking, selling and abuse of the naira a punishable offence.

He said, “Various denominations of naira notes totalling N1,560,000 were recovered from the suspects who were publicly exhibiting their illicit trade.”

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, has directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Aminu Alhassan, to commence a full scale investigation into the activities of the currency hawkers.

The suspects, he said, would be charged to court at the end of investigation.

Iliyasu also warned members of the public to desist from any act capable of soiling or destroying the naira, “which is one of the symbols of our national identity.”

http://newshelm.ng/photo-police-arrest-5-women-for-hawking-naira-notes-in-ogun/

THIS MAY BE THE END OF THE MATTER AFTER SETTLEMENT.

TARGETING FRIES. WHERE ARE THE BIG FISHES?

CUTTING BRANCHES. LET'S WAIT TO SEE IF THEY WILL GET TO THE ROOT. OR POLICE JUST WANT TO HAVE THEIR SHARE?

HOW COME NEW NOTES ARE NOT IN CIRCULATION? PEOPLE WANT NEW NOTES. CAN'T HARDLY GET FROM THE BANKS AND BUY FROM THESE OPEN SELLERS.

THESE OPEN NAIRA SELLERS ARE NOT EVEN ATTACKED BY LOCAL CRIMINALS AND ARMED ROBBERS!! THAT SHOWS POWERFUL GUYS ARE THE ONES BEHIND THE RACKET.

POLICE PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL. HELP STOP THIS SABOTAGE OF THE ECONOMY.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Jabioro: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2018
bettercreature:
Are you saying this is a crime?I dont see any crime here they should free these women
I often buy new notes there is nothing special about it they are business women
Yes is a real crime against nation currency,when go to the bank or atm to withdraw,you are supposed to be paid with new note.The banker collude to sell through bank door to the public meanwhile have paid through your indirect taxes.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by uuzba(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2018
NaijaMutant:
I see no crime here

As long as they are not mining skulls undecided

Money is not a product. It is document to exchange for value of a product.
If you sell money itself, you are creating inflation. Other valued products will become unnecessarily expensive to cover cost.

They are being arrested because they are making the lives of other Nigerians more difficult by creating inflation.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Fela4ese: 11:44am On Apr 16, 2018
Foolish naija police
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Diso60090(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2018
GudluckIBB:
When will police arrest govt officials who steals the money?
Abeg leave these women looking for daily bread alone jare

Me think say na head before tail
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2018
The police identified the suspects as Toyin Alegbe, Kehinde Akinbode, Shoneye Latifat, Kehinde Olanrewaju and Iyanuoluwa Shokunbi....

criminalistic AFONJA grin
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by OLASANJO: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
why are you disturbing innocent people come to Abuja in Del-Del juction come and arrest all these Aboki under the bridge
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Horladipupo0505: 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
wait ooo na when naira turn to gala wey den dey sell on the road,and shey NAFDAC wey don dey check expiring date nii
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by banio: 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
Somebody changes naire for dollars. Another changes naire for naire. What is the crime.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by gabbasin: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
I swear with an average lawyer representing these women in court, police can't get get them convicted

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by HoodBillionaire: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
i got ma cash checked bitch
fuc d ATM machine
im splashing mint funds in every weddings
bail of funds is ms earnings
strert boys are learning

Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Icon79(m): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
I honestly don't understand this story. Are they selling counterfeit currencies or legit money?

O pari

UjunwaBekeeLoved:
Selling money to get Money.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by iluvdonjazzy: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
but dem no be thief na.
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Kaybaba5(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
MAKE police go onitsha market, dem plenty for there.....
To me i no see weti. These people do wrong...

Abeg free dem.....
Re: Police Arrest 5 Women For Hawking Naira Notes In Ogun by Rastamann: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Boko haram and the Fulani herdsmen are there and the police could not do anything about them, instead they are here arresting innocent Nigerians who is trying to make ends meet by selling clean notes at parties! na wa for naija o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

RRS Arrests Fake Police Officer In Oshodi (Photos) / Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) / Anambra Man Arrested For Beating Wife, Burying Newborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.