Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) (547 Views)

Does A Masters Degree Guarantee Jobs? / Right Steps To Study For A Masters Degree Abroad / The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) by Pengician(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2018
[SIR A-ONE Naked Truth Series] THE ENORMOUS TASK OF GETTING A MASTERS DEGREE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
(Part 2)

I wasn't being hyperbolical when I implied that the Nigerian academic system is like a dance of the spirit. Now, hear my experience:

I had applied for my transcript three months earlier, to enable me further my studies. I was finally called at the expiration of 3 months to send this long list of documents:

1. Student Clearance Form
2. Statement of Result
3. Guarantor's Form
4. O'Level Certificate
5. Affidavit
6. JAMB Slip
7. JAMB Provisional Admission Letter
8. Course Forms(100 level to 400 level)
9. Passports
10. Personal Data Form
11. Medical Form
12. Form for Acceptance of Provisional Offer of Admission.

It was so overwhelming! I couldn't believe I was to bring all these in a file. Was this not the same university where I graduated from, and submitted 3 different files with all these credentials? Why, in the world, did I need to go through all this again?

It's shocking that the Nigerian Universities Commission even rank some of these universities, when they are a shambles. The mess is simply unbelievable!

When will universities in Nigeria become a place for acquiring sound education? When will our schools be equipped with well furnished buildings and laboratories?

Much of the blame must go to the NUC. They are aware of the rot, but keep accrediting these institutions. They are clearly being bribed!

When it's time for accreditation, most departments will paint their buildings and beautify their physical outlook. They will then do all they can, legal and illegal, to get accredited. After that, they go back to hibernation.

If drastic measures are not taken, Nigeria's education system will slide into oblivion. No wonder, no Nigerian university is among the top ranked universities in Africa. Something has to change quickly!

The end.
© SIR A-ONE
Re: The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) by orevafavour: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2018
I sincerely apologize for the stress you went through in retrieving your documents,Do you know you can retrieve your documents,transcripts without travelling all the way down to your school. Visit www.etx-ng.com or www.studylocal.ng for more information.

1 Like

Re: The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) by Pengician(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2018
orevafavour:
I sincerely apologize for the stress you went through in retrieving your documents,Do you know you can retrieve your documents,transcripts without travelling all the way down to your school. Visit www.etx-ng.com or www.studylocal.ng for more information.

Thanks a lot.
Re: The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:47am On Apr 22, 2018
Pengician:

Thanks a lot.
Rubbish. That etx of a thinģ is a failure and scam. Last year, After I paid 22500 via their portal to send my transcript to the required and valid destination. Up till now they have not done anything. Its just unfortunate that OĄU use such a medium in sending transcript

1 Like

Re: The Enormous Task Of Getting A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities (part 2) by Pengician(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2018
TOPCRUISE:

Rubbish. That etx of a thinģ is a failure and scam. Last year, After I paid 22500 via their portal to send my transcript to the required and valid destination. Up till now they have not done anything

I have never trust that ETX

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Graduate Or Undergraduate Needed / Nigerian Man Returns To His Alma Amter In Akwa Ibom To Build A Computer Lab / Autocad 2d&3d, Autodesk Inventor And Pdms Training In Ibadan At Stancad Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.