Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince (6467 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by MsGood(f): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2018
I discovered Joseph Prince in 2015 and listening to has really changed my perspective of Christianity. I wish our Preachers teach more like him, we'd have more independent, loving and peaceful Christians.
P.S: You can get his messages on YouTube or visit his website www.josephprince.com

1 Like

Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2018
MsGood:
I discovered Joseph Prince in 2015 and listening to has really changed my perspective of Christianity. I wish our Preachers teach more like him, we'd have more independent, loving and peaceful Christians.
P.S: You can get his messages on YouTube or visit his website www.josephprince.com
Yes oo... You are blessed sis...

1 Like

Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by phemmyfour: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2018
thrillionaire:
Jiggaz, how do I let God love me? How do I simply rest and receive his love?
If you are after his heart, just wanting to please him at all times.That's one character that makes David unique
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by 9jabo1: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2018
jiggaz:
1 John 4:10
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

“You have to love God more! You must have more passion for God!” You have probably heard this type of preaching and may have even tried your best to love God, only to fail miserably.

But what is the true definition of love? Let the Bible define it for us: “…this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us…” Yes, it is not about our love for Him, but His love for us!

“Pastor Prince, the Bible says that you must love God with all your heart, soul and strength!”

Yes, that is true according to the law (Deuteronomy 6:5), and even Jesus taught that as the great commandment when He walked on earth. (Matthew 22:37) But that was before He died on the cross. At the cross, He became the very fulfillment of this law for us when He loved us with all His heart, soul and strength, by laying down His body and life on the cross for us.

Today, we are no longer under the law but under grace. And grace tells us that God loves us, not that we love God. Yet, we will love Him when we see how much He loves us. The Bible says that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! (Romans 5:cool That’s how much He loves us!

Beloved, God has seen you trying your best to love Him. And because He loves you, He wants you to sit down and be still, and let Him love you instead. He wants to love you with all that He is and all that He has. He loves you unconditionally regardless of who you are or what you have done because His love is not dependent on you but on Himself. He will never stop loving you.

So let God love you today. Don’t worry about loving Him. The more of His love you receive, the more you will fall in love with Him!

https://www.josephprince.org/blog/daily-grace-inspirations/let-god-love-you-instead

I love this, God help me in my jamb
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2018
9jabo1:
I love this, God help me in my jamb
Amen... God will help you... Just ask him.
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by NevetsIbot(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The good thing about Christianity is that you can always find a church that caters to you be you saint, prostitute, criminal

if you like strict dress code you head to deeper life. if you want to dress like you were a prostitute in church you head to Christ embassy. if you want somewhere in the middle I'm sure you'd find churches like that too

If you don't find a church that agrees with you fully you can go to the one that agrees with you the most OR create your own church

i don't think this is a very good answer.

why would you classify other Churches like christ embassy with prostitutes or criminals? every shade of people attend every church.

Why some churches are more tolerant of types of people are that - you do not chase the people you are trying to save based on them still acting like unsaved people. For example, I'm trying to bring a prostitute to know christ,. I invite her to church... i should expect her to dress like a prostitute when coming... sure. should I see her coming through the gate and stop her and be like "Go away. you are not fit to enter with your dressing? "..... someone I'm trying to bring to know Christ?

No particular character of people is subject to certain churches
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by hopefulLandlord: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2018
NevetsIbot:

i don't think this is a very good answer.

why would you classify other Churches like christ embassy with prostitutes or criminals? every shade of people attend every church.

Why some churches are more tolerant of types of people are that - you do not chase the people you are trying to save based on them still acting like unsaved people. For example, I'm trying to bring a prostitute to know christ,. I invite her to church... i should expect her to dress like a prostitute when coming... sure. should I see her coming through the gate and stop her and be like "Go away. you are not fit to enter with your dressing? "..... someone I'm trying to bring to know Christ?

No particular character of people is subject to certain churches

Don't take my words literally

To the deeper life members, Christ embassy are dressed as prostitutes or at least if you compare them. My point is that at Christ embassy almost any dressing goes while in deeper life they're stricter.

so anyone who is being chided for wearing some kind of clothes in a particular church can go find Christ embassy and become their member or search for any other one that agrees with his/her dressing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by orisa37: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2018
Accept Christ, Pray with all your Heart, your Soul, your Mind and your Strength and be Born Again.
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by baby8ace(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2018
I like the teaching of Grace,it always deliver ppl from bondage
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2018
baby8ace:
I like the teaching of Grace,it always deliver ppl from bondage
Yes oo... Amen!!
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2018
jiggaz:
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

“You have to love God more! You must have more passion for God!” You have probably heard this type of preaching and may have even tried your best to love God, only to fail miserably.

But what is the true definition of love? Let the Bible define it for us: “…this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us…” Yes, it is not about our love for Him, but His love for us!

“Pastor Prince, the Bible says that you must love God with all your heart, soul and strength!”

Yes, that is true according to the law (Deuteronomy 6:5), and even Jesus taught that as the great commandment when He walked on earth. (Matthew 22:37) But that was before He died on the cross. At the cross, He became the very fulfillment of this law for us when He loved us with all His heart, soul and strength, by laying down His body and life on the cross for us.

Today, we are no longer under the law but under grace. And grace tells us that God loves us, not that we love God. Yet, we will love Him when we see how much He loves us. The Bible says that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! (Romans 5:cool That’s how much He loves us!

Beloved, God has seen you trying your best to love Him. And because He loves you, He wants you to sit down and be still, and let Him love you instead. He wants to love you with all that He is and all that He has. He loves you unconditionally regardless of who you are or what you have done because His love is not dependent on you but on Himself. He will never stop loving you.

So let God love you today. Don’t worry about loving Him. The more of His love you receive, the more you will fall in love with Him!

https://www.josephprince.org/blog/daily-grace-inspirations/let-god-love-you-instead

nobody loves this man's sermon like me on this planet earth.
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:30am On Aug 19, 2018
tytachile:
nobody loves this man's sermon like me on this planet earth.
grin I actually do...
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by marvinsync(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
jiggaz:

what is this?

all these people that try to sound wise and endowed to the point they sound like they are high on something
. maybe they are high on religion?

it's just creepy
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by NevetsIbot(m): 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Don't take my words literally

To the deeper life members, Christ embassy are dressed as prostitutes or at least if you compare them. My point is that at Christ embassy almost any dressing goes while in deeper life they're stricter.

so anyone who is being chided for wearing some kind of clothes in a particular church can go find Christ embassy and become their member or search for any other one that agrees with his/her dressing

Alright brother... i get you now
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Evening
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
jiggaz:
Evening
Re: Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
jiggaz:
Hai

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. / The Name "Muhammad" Is Written In The Bible In The Original Hebrew Language. / Jehovah's Witnesses, Illuminati And The New World Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.