Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League (32316 Views)

Benin Gets To The Quarter Finals Of AFCON2019 Without Winning A Single Match / Okocha Named In FIFA Legends Squad Ahead Of 2018 World Cup / Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by fabinfos(f): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lately, football has been very interesting and exciting. There have been a plethora of fascinating lessons of life from football which everyone and anyone can actually reflect. Here, I bring to you 10 lessons learnt from the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League.

1. Manolas & De Rossi:

These two Roma players were the ones that scored the two own goals against the Catalans in the first leg of the finals. Everyone was displeased with these two for their errors. However, in the second leg, each of them scored a decisive goal that was enough to send Barça packing from Champions League.
Lesson : Don't be quick to blame anybody in life. Don't feel offended by how people treat. This is because he who makes you angry today can make you happy tomorrow.

2. Liverpool vs Manchester City

Liverpool eliminated and humiliated the premier league's table topper with class. This feat they couldn't accomplished in the league even.
Lesson : Don't feel intimidated by the mighty of your problem. Face it head on with determination and a single goal- to win. This way, your boldness will scare your problem and it will be easily conquered.

3 . AS Roma vs Barca

Football lovers all over the world, especially Barcelona fans would have been heavily shocked with the final outcome of this match. Who would had a thought that Roma would maul and qualify against Barça. I have never been born the last term Roma even reached Semis.
Lesson : Football is a game of two halves the same way life is. Put the greatness of your enemy behind you and you will see an ordinary enemy that is easily domitable.

4. Roma's chairman

When the final whistle was blown in the second league which meant Roma qualified, the man jubilated in the released video to the extent of getting a fine. Although, he agreed to pay the fine even more with excitement.
Lesson : When you are happy, don't hide it. Let the world knows you really are. Showing your happiness weakens the strength of your enemy.

5. Sevilla's elimination

Sevilla suffered a 1-2 defeat from the first leg in Spain and they couldn't still register a goal even despite their tough fight and struggles in the return match which ended a goalless draw.
Lesson: Life is not all about winning the same way football is not. It's not disappointment to lose, it's just the way it used to be sometimes.

6. Juventus's fans and Ronaldo

When Christiano Ronaldo scored the second goal in the first leg with overhead kick against Juventus, the camera was directed to Juve fans who were seen clapping in a standing ovation for their opponent in what means "No! You're the best.You deserve it". Ronaldo, seen this, didn't jubilate again and instead, put his hand on his chest and bent his head a little, a sign that means "Thank you". Exciting! Isn't it
Lesson : Strive to be successful to the extent that those that used to condemn you won't have a choice than to commend you. And always learn to give unto others what they give unto you- reciprocate the good.

7. Barcelona and Manchester City

Man City: +£354m eliminated
Barcelona: +£171m eliminated
Roma: -£33m qualified
Liverpool: -£38m qualified
Lesson: Just because you attend a public school doesn't mean you can't be better than someone that attends a private school. It's not always about money, it's about your value.

8. Buffon's red card

Being a captain in football simply means you must command the level of respect in all situations on pitch and off-pitch. Buffon was red carded as he didn't show manners when complaining to the referee.
Lesson : I go here by one of my University lecturers' saying... "Don't ever pick up a fight with an authority because you will never win." And always apply sense of humility and diplomacy in the presence of elders.

9. Lucas Vasquez's Penalty

Benatia in the post-match conference admitted that he pushed Lucas a little but he wasn't expecting him to fall. This mistake cost Juventus as Cristiano Ronaldo converted the spot kick that heaved the sigh of relief in their fans.
Lesson : Don't be like Benatia who lived in a glass house and was still throwing stone. Avoid taking decisions that can injure you or people around you.

10. Real Madrid!

It took Madrid injury time before they could score the decisive goal that ensures their qualification.
Lesson : Always fight till the end because it's the end that matters. Don't ever think of giving up. Always stay focus in your dream and know that it is the end that justifies the means. Juve lacked this lesson.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/10-life-lessons-from-the-quarter-finals-of-2018-uefa-champions-league/

201 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by prospero5(m): 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
lesson from this thread:

always create a thread on nairaland so that Seun can make money off you.

grin grin grin

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by kuanvevo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
ROMA IS MY CLUB

I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS.

THEY CALL ME ROMA IN GAME SHOPS COS I DISCIPLINE PEOPLE WITH JUST THAT CLUB

WE BEAT CHELSEA

WE BEAT BARCELONA

WE ARE NOT THE BEST.. BUT WE HAVE ONE THING "RESILIENCE"

WE STRUGGLE, WE THRIVE

ROMA. TILL I DIE

I think I am the only Roma fan in west Africa gringringrin

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by lekkan(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
Okay... I've heard you
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice one, in other news...

38 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by thereturnoflucy(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice one...

Always visit www.kikiotolu.com for awesome post.

���
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ftc
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by handsomeyinka(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
I thought my arsenal team will make part of this lessons..

In my own view, I will say "ARSENAL WILL WIN THE LEAGUE IF BUBARI IS RE-ELECTED FOR SECOND TERM"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by mosho2good: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
President Xi Jing Peng of China said:

When I was a small child , I was very selfish, always grabbing the best for myself. Slowly, everyone left me and I had no friends. I didn’t think it was my fault but instead criticized others.

My father gave me 3 lessons to help me in life.

One day, my father cooked 2 bowls of noodles put the 2 bowls on the table. One bowl has one egg on top and the other bowl does not have any egg on top. He said ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want”. Eggs were hard to come by those days! Only get to eat eggs during festivals or New Year. Ofcourse I chose the bowl with egg! As we started eating. I was congratulating myself on my wise choice/decision and wallop up the egg. Then to my surprise as my father ate his noodles, there were TWO eggs at the bottom of his bowl beneath the noodles! I regretted so much! And scolded myself for being too hasty in my decision. My father smiled and said to me, ”My child. You must remember what your eyes see may not be true. If you intend on taking advantage of people, you will end up losing!”

The next day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles: one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. Again, he put the two bowls on the table and said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?” This time I am smarter. I chose the bowl without any egg on top. To my surprise, as I separated the noodles on top, there was not even a single egg at the bottom of the bowl! Again my father smiled and said to me, ”My child, you must not always rely on experiences because sometimes, life can cheat u or play tricks on u. But u must not be too annoyed or sad, just treat this as learning a lesson .You cannot Learn this from textbooks.

The third day, my father again cooked 2 bowls of noodles, again one bowl with an egg on top and the other bowl with no egg on top. He put the 2 bowls on the table and again said to me, ”My child. You choose. Which bowl do u want?”. This time, I told my father, ”Dad, u choose first. You are the head of the family and contributed the most to the family. ”My father did not decline and chose the bowl with one egg on top. As I eat my bowl of noodles, Sure in my heart that there is no egg inside the bowl. To my surprise! There were TWO eggs at the bottom of the bowl.

My father smiled at me with love in his eyes, ”My child, u must remember!When u think for the good of others, good things will always naturally happen to u!”

I always remember these 3 sentences of my father and lived and do my business accordingly. True enough, my business was a roaring, success.

Xi Jing Peng

239 Likes 49 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by nasuite: 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
How has these lessons impacted the life of the OP?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Herdsmen and Boko guys
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Herdsmen and Boko guys no 11
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by XingXhang(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
Barcelona Vs Roma:

Messi they say is from another planet. Let's say he is an alien or an angel. Roma applied the law of Romance and and he couldn't even TAP IN an easy goal.

Moral lesson: Don't think no lady can seduce you. It's a different atmosphere when you're locked in a room with a seductress. Ask Samson tongue

15 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by lyricalz: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
life na turn by turn
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by beetown(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2018

OP, i disagree with your lecturer's quote...

He has successfully planted a seed of fear in your heart and it has grown into a forest. So because he is an authority, he has the right to do anything and you have the right to lump it cos you'll never win.

Archaic mentality

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by vicdom(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
angry
ok nah. But just within a few months and this happened. see below:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by thaoriginator: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
I could have been the first to comment if didnt spend time reading the whole thing.. It makes sense though. It's worth it.. Nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by arherfish(m): 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
@ op, nice write up.
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Olu4all: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
man u won man city yet allow west brom to defeat them and man city won d title.
Lesson; ur enemy dat dose not want u to succeed will be an elevator to ur success.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by yashau(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lessons learnt!
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by biggerboyc(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Well constructed, articulated and psychic
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by breathcutter(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Referee and Real Madrid
The referee gave a last minute call for a penalty when Juventus thought they've sealed their come back.

Lesson
When God is with you He will always favour u even when enemies ( barca, Chelsea fans) are crying foul

6 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Krissjones: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
It's funny how all those barka dogs and midget dickriders were barking that the referee helped Madrid by awarding then the penalty yet completely ignore isco's wrongly disallowed goal

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Krissjones: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
breathcutter:
Referee and Real Madrid
The referee gave a last minute call for a penalty when Juventus thought they've sealed their come back.

Lesson
When God is with you He will always favour u even when enemies ( barca, Chelsea fans) are crying foul
lol funny

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Temptee101(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ok! Nice

Waiting for 'lessons learnt and the health benefits as a result of a successful exit of the dullard from Aso rock back to daura come 2019'

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by wwwtortoise(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
cheesy
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by kense88: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
Wow am so impressed. Very motivating.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by Chibuzoc(m): 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
I love playing football but i hate watching it i don't know why shocked

Meanwhile you can
Enjoy music anywhere, connect with any device that has audio jack

Call or whatsapp 07068190311 for more info
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by FatGuy: 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
In your mind now you have made so much sense and you are a great motivator.

Nonsense post!
Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by maticdamian(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
[color=#770077][/color] *LALASTICALA ON BEHALF OF ALL ANIME FANS IN NAIRALAND WE URGE YOU AND BECKON ON YOU TO HELP US OPEN A ANIME FORUM ON NAIRALAND OUR PASSION FOR ANIME IS GENUINE. I WANT YOU TO MAKE THIS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ALL OTAKUS IN NAIRALAND ARIGATOU LALASTICALA-SAN* wink smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League by zolajpower: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nunmber though ,got me thinking . Was actually mrant for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds / Raul Jimenez Suffers Broken Skull After Clash Of Heads With David Luiz / Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.