Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... (4325 Views)

Nysc 2020 Sokoto Corper Connect...... / Any Chubby Female Sokoto Corper That Just Did POP? / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
To refresh our memories here are some tips again
Quick Tips And Advice For Youth Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp

1. There are washer men and women available at your disposal for mostly the Aje-butter children and those who do not want to stress themselves. I can proudly say I used them. Registration stops 12 midnight preceding swearing –in day.

2. Never forget to wear your cap

3. You would be given your meal ticket. Never misplace it. I actually never used mine till end of camp.

4. I never knew what otondos meant ==MUMU

5. Adjustment of clothes: You definitely have to adjust your khaki given, no one escapes this. Make sure you do this on time and also make sure you follow those tailors up if not you would be given flimsy excuses. Ensure you negotiate price for adjustment very well. They think you have money to waste.

6. You would meet different types of human beings the crazy, spoilt, razz, dirty, complicated, silly, holy, party, drunk, beautiful, ugly, different tribes etc. Be open-minded and smile at someone. New friends! The truth of the matter is, you shouldn't go through camp alone.

7. Read your call up letter thoroughly both back and front

8. Just have enough t-shirts and shorts to wear throughout the week because some camps, the activities are time consuming leaving little or no time for you during the week till weekend.

9. You will be fed three times a day in camp, but the food is barely edible. The kitchen is run by incredibly hard working women who are assisted by fellow otondos from different platoons assigned to the kitchen for each meal.

10. If you are someone who loves to eat good food, or you don’t want to have the mammy feel, no problem just come loaded to camp with provisions. Like cereals and beverages, garri, biscuits etc. You should also hold extra cash to eat at the Mammy market, you will get good food there and won’t spend much to eat well, and the price however depends on the state to which you have been posted.

11. There are places available where you can charge your batteries at the camp market.

12. Always fetch water down for the next morning. You can be shocked that water supply might finish before it gets to your turn and that’s the end for you .As for drinking water you either bought pure water or bottled water; there was no free drinking water whatsoever.

13. Ladies try not to go with heavy or synthetic hair to avoid excess heat and time to care for it. You could advisable make short hair to avoid heat and save time, I did a short hair which lasted me three weeks, braids is also advisable, don’t do lace wig or even fringe.

14. Pocket Money: The question is “How much money do you really need for the NYSC Orientation Course, you will be paid a N1, 500 allowance once you arrive the NYSC camp and also another one (first ALLAWI) after 3 to 4 days on camp. if you intend to drink and hang out at the Mami market, then you can take more money depending on how much you can finish, be wise though!

15. Just be prepared to wait in line for EVERYTHING

16. The bathrooms and toilets are nothing to write home about. It is always dirty and terrible in fact if not careful disease could be contacted. Well some ladies don’t know about guys, had buckets for the sole purpose of relieving themselves with what I can call 'pit bucket'

17. Do not dare the soldiers, some can be ruthless and you know they have authority to deal with you in name of discipline.

18. Always switch your phones off or put them on silent while on parade ground. Just don’t bring it out, it could be seized and destroyed not minding if it’s a blackberry z10.

19. The accommodation was something else. Rooms were jam-packed with little or no space to pass and walk freely. I had up to 60 roommates if not more. It was always stuffy, dirty and ventilation was poor.

20. There are fellowships for Christians and Muslims. The 3 recognized associations are NCCF (NIGERIAN CHRISTAIN CORPERS FELLOWHIP), NACC (ANGLICAN) and MCAN (MUSLIM CORPERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA). But there were others like Redeemed, Winners, catholic, Christ embassy and deeper life. So you could make your choice. Also they have morning devotions and weekly service.

Overall, the NYSC camp was fun and I met a lot of people and I can say it was worth it was well worth it. It is an experience every Nigerian should have.
I will be here waiting to see you again with your comments and experiences on camp.
Till then wishing you a successful NYSC YEAR .may you all go and come in peace and not in pieces.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Pls guys let’s meet on WhatsApp, 08082860001......

PS: who knows if there is any direct flight from Lagos to Sokoto?
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Spade07: 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
08101368527 pls add me
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 12:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Spade07:
08101368527 pls add me

ADDED
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2018
You can join the Wamakko 2018 WhatsApp group here ( Biko let’s know ourselves)

https:///0FKVigIbcj0L9Sn4uBG0CJ
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Adeniyi27(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Congrats to the New #PCMS.

The Nigerian Baptist Corpers Fellowship, Sokoto State Chapter is welcoming 2018 Batch A PCMs to NYSC orientation Camp, Wamakko. We pray you have journey mercies and a successful camping.

Follow this link to join our whatsapp group

https:///37cAibCH45P5fmjs3usMH9

Proudly NBC
Proudly BCF,
Proudly Sokopa.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by klasiknonie(f): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2018
olucole:
You can join the Wamakko 2018 WhatsApp group here ( Biko let’s know ourselves)

https:///0FKVigIbcj0L9Sn4uBG0CJ

The link is not connecting.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
klasiknonie:

The link is not connecting.

Oh sorry, drop your number, Or add me on WhatsApp 08082860001
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Jedidiah94(m): 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
Keep up the good work
Adeniyi27:

The Nigerian Baptist Corpers Fellowship, Sokoto State Chapter is welcoming 2018 Batch A PCMs to NYSC orientation Camp, Wamakko. We pray you have journey mercies and a successful camping.

Proudly NBC
Proudly BCF,
Proudly Sokopa.
[b][/b]Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by oniseun3(m): 12:51am On Apr 18, 2018
Please add me 07035565431
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Haddock(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
olucole:
To refresh our memories here are some tips again

20. There are fellowships for Christians and Muslims. The 3 recognized associations are NCCF (NIGERIAN CHRISTAIN CORPERS FELLOWHIP), NACC (ANGLICAN) and MCAN (MUSLIM CORPERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA).

OP, please check again and edit, NACC is the gathering of Catholic Corps Members not Anglican.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by iamawara(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Enjoy your stay. The Seat Of The Caliphate welcome u all. Enjoy your stay. Its my home Land, if you have any question regarding SOKOTO pls do ask.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Haddock(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
A newly deployed needs help on how to get to Wamakko Camp from Kaduna, he is making his way from Otukpo and is due in Kaduna by evening today 18th April.

olucole, iamawara and anybody with experience, can you help with directions?
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Haddock:
A newly deployed needs help on how to get to Wamakko Camp from Kaduna, he is making his way from Otukpo and is due in Kaduna by evening today 18th April.

I think Awara could help on this, i’m Also coming from Lagos, clueless too.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
iamawara:
Enjoy your stay. The Seat Of The Caliphate welcome u all. Enjoy your stay. Its my home Land, if you have any question regarding SOKOTO pls do ask.

Thank you, is your base close to the camp?
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
oniseun3:
Please add me 07035565431

Added
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Haddock:

OP, please check again and edit, NACC is the gathering of Catholic Corps Members not Anglican.

Noted, thanks
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by olucole(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adeniyi27:

Proudly NBC
Proudly BCF,
Proudly Sokopa.

��
I’m a BAPTIST ���

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Haddock(m): 5:41am On Apr 19, 2018
olucole:

I think Awara could help on this, i’m Also coming from Lagos, clueless too.

OK. Safe journey
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by iamawara(m): 8:52am On Apr 19, 2018
olucole:

Thank you, is your base close to the camp?
yes very close, just 20 min drive on a bike, but am not in Sokoto now
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by iamawara(m): 9:01am On Apr 19, 2018
Haddock:

once u get to the Kaduna main Park, enter a bus straight to sokoto state, its less than 7hrs Journey, once you get to sokoto state Central motor park, or the state mass transit motor park, just get a bike, tell him to drop you at ''KALAMBAINA round about'' pay his N80 or N100, dont exceed that, once you get to the Kalambaina round about, there are small taxies, DONT ENTER BIKE oh, they will charge you 1k upward knowing u are a new corp member, enter one of the Taxi, its just N150 and tell the driver to drop you at the NYSC camp.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Haddock(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
iamawara:

once u get to the Kaduna main Park, enter a bus straight to sokoto state, its less than 7hrs Journey, once you get to sokoto state Central motor park, or the state mass transit motor park, just get a bike, tell him to drop you at ''KALAMBAINA round about'' pay his N80 or N100, dont exceed that, once you get to the Kalambaina round about, there are small taxies, DONT ENTER BIKE oh, they will charge you 1k upward knowing u are a new corp member, enter one of the Taxi, its just N150 and tell the driver to drop you at the NYSC camp.

Thanks a lot. Very helpful

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Tooh(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
pls wen is registration closing because I can't make it to camp today again. pls I need ur respond
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by emolala(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2018
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group.
Thanks.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 13, 2019
iamawara:
good day bro pls can u tell me how much would be able to rent a good single room in sokoto
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by iamawara(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2019
francisgodstime:
good day bro pls can u tell me how much would be able to rent a good single room in sokoto
Good day sir. I am not in that axis again sir. Which part of the state do you wanna stay? And sorry I am not on Whatsapp
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2019
iamawara:

Good day sir. I am not in that axis again sir. Which part of the state do you wanna stay? And sorry I am not on Whatsapp
can u just give an estimated price using d state capital, or any popular urban area cos am an nysc corper still in camp am yet to be posted to my ppa
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 13, 2019
iamawara:

nd pls is a single room i think can afford.
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by iamawara(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2019
francisgodstime:
can u just give an estimated price using d state capital, or any popular urban area cos am an nysc corper still in camp am yet to be posted to my ppa

Pls quote me once u are done with camp, that's the best way I can help u. U see it depends on where u are been posted to for ur PPA
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2019
iamawara:

Pls quote me once u are done with camp, that's the best way I can help u. U see it depends on where u are been posted to for ur PPA
give me that of wamakko or sokoto city cos am trying to influence my posting there
Re: Sokoto Corper 2018 Batch A, Lets Meet Here, I Have An Advice For You All.... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Spade07:
08101368527 pls add me
pls did u leta redeploy from sokoto?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medical Corpers Heading To Ebonyi State. / A Nigerian Soldier Revealed The Business Model That Made Him His First Million / Nysc Members Deployed To Gombe Drops To 530 Over Security Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.