Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues (1149 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Toladipupo995(f): 5:52am On Apr 17, 2018
hello guys, my MIL takes everything that comes her way spiritual and it's giving me headaches..... when i got married to my hubby, I used to call him by name( of which I found not too romantic though)..... immediately MIL heard, when she came visiting, she cautioned me and explained to me how unhealthy it was to call my husband by name, the reasons she gave was that, I am giving room to every Tom, dick and Harry to be rude to my husband, because everyone will now know his name. I didn't find the excuse to be genuine, but I gladly obliged.....
Fast forward to last week...... I now coined a better name for hubby( we call eachother "baby"wink.....she brought fruits for me ( I am 20 weeks pregnant)...... but, the moment MIL heard me call hubby "baby" when they were discussing, she kept quiet and called my husband outside , told him all sorts of stories of how the name a person is being called have a lot of impact In his /her life, and that the more I call him "baby" the more he behaves like a baby.... According to hubby, she gave him reference (s) in the Bible.....
I don't know the main reason MIL poke noses in my marriage, because my husband has warned me not to call him baby whenever his mother is around. ... I am fed up.
CC: lalasticlala. ....pls move to front page, I need advice.
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 17, 2018
Lol then call him adult and hear her reaction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by anoda(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2018
Dis is serious, just play along till it's over mbok, to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by tabithababy(f): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2018
Toladipupo995:
hello guys, my MIL takes everything that comes her way spiritual and it's giving me headaches..... when i got married to my hubby, I used to call him by name( of which I found not too romantic though)..... immediately MIL heard, when she came visiting, she cautioned me and explained to me how unhealthy it was to call my husband by name, the reasons she gave was that, I am giving room to every Tom, dick and Harry to be rude to my husband, because everyone will now know his name. I didn't find the excuse to be genuine, but I gladly obliged.....
Fast forward to last week...... I now coined a better name for hubby( we call eachother "baby"wink.....she brought fruits for me ( I am 20 weeks pregnant)...... but, the moment MIL heard me call hubby "baby" when they were discussing, she kept quiet and called my husband outside , told him all sorts of stories of how the name a person is being called have a lot of impact In his /her life, and that the more I call him "baby" the more he behaves like a baby.... According to hubby, she gave him reference (s) in the Bible.....
I don't know the main reason MIL poke noses in my marriage, because my husband has warned me not to call him baby whenever his mother is around. ... I am fed up.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You haven't seen anything cheesy

More to come cheesy
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by ifyalways(f): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2018
The woman is simply old school, na every thing we go table and judge for nld?

Just translate "My husband" in your native lingo and call him that :- Oko mi, di m oma, babangida etc.

8 Likes

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Acidosis(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2018
First, the above reasons are not spiritually inclined.

Second, your MIL's reasons are 100% genuine.

Words and names are very powerful. Calling a responsible married man (a so called Head of the Family) "baby" can jeopardize his attempts in being a head. We don't have to always subscribe to everything we hear or read somewhere because it sounds romantic. There are several alternatives if you must use a romantic name. A baby is a baby, if you call a 50 year old man a baby, he will act in the same way he's called

That your MIL realizes this fact shows she's some intelligent woman. Don't throw away her advice because, like many women, you've been programmed to believe all MIL are wicked and always trying to destroy their son's homes.
She's been married for around 30 years, you're just starting, so she does knows about marriage more than you do. Listen to her!

What do you think makes Kings Kings? The crown?
Anybody can buy a crown in the market, a Carpenter can make you a throne with 10k, but if nobody calls you KING, then you're probably not.

7 Likes

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Safiaa(f): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2018
Acidosis:

Words and names are very powerful. Calling a responsible married man (a so called Head of the Family) "baby" can jeopardize his attempts in being a head. We don't have to always subscribe to everything we hear or read somewhere because it sounds romantic. There are several alternatives if you must use a romantic name. A baby is a baby, if you call a 50 year old man a baby, he will act in the same way he's called

That your MIL realizes this fact shows she's some intelligent woman. Don't throw away her advice because, like many women, you've been programmed to believe all MIL are wicked and always trying to destroy their son's homes.
She's been married for around 30 years, you're just starting, so she does knows about marriage more than you do. Listen to her!

Anybody can buy a crown in the market, a Carpenter can make you a throne with 10k, but if nobody calls you KING, then you're probably not.
im not a very superstitious person and I’m not into juju and all these things. However, I agree with you. There’s huge power in manifestation, power of the tongue and speaking things into existence. Like I truly belive in spiritual things like this. Off topic but I have a book where I just write down realistic things that I want in my life,i have like 70% of the things I want right now in my life. I manifest them daily with a candle. Every single thing I manifest ALWAYS comes to past. I also thank the spirits beforehand, just as you thank God for answering your prayers after praying. Everything, I’ve been doing this for two years. So yeah I agree with you about the baby thing, you have to manifest what you see your husband to be.

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Lalas247(f): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Toladipupo995:

Tell your husband to set her straight , MIL of that generation don’t know how to act .. don’t blame her
But according to your last line I think he might take his mums side

That why it’s good to know the family first before you sign the dotted line .. as they say you marry the family too
Religious views has ruin a lot of marriages be careful safe guard yours wink
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2018
Acidosis:

This is the dumbest stuff i have read.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
im not a very superstitious person and I’m not into juju and all these things. However, I agree with you. There’s huge power in manifestation, power of the tongue and speaking things into existence. Like I truly belive in spiritual things like this. Off topic but I have a book where I just write down realistic things that I want in my life,i have like 70% of the things I want right now in my life. I manifest them daily with a candle. Every single thing I manifest ALWAYS comes to past. I also thank the spirits beforehand, just as you thank God for answering your prayers after praying. Everything, I’ve been doing this for two years. So yeah I agree with you about the baby thing, you have to manifest what you see your husband to be.

You guys are sad.

8 Likes

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Safiaa(f): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2018
orbitalgis:

You guys are sad.
those that understand, get it. Not everybody can understand.
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Acidosis(m): 8:47am On Apr 17, 2018
orbitalgis:

This is the dumbest stuff i have read.

I'm not surprised smiley I expect that post to sound dum.b to at least 95% of Nairalanders.
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by tttmar(f): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2018
Please, you can call him Ayomi my happiness or Ifemi,my love.
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by ImaIma1(f): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
She doesn't want people to know his name. Then why did she name him? Is it not his name?

Pay your MIL little attention. Call him baby, toddler..whatever you like. If she complains, act like you didn't hear. If she complains to you directly, nod like you understand. As soon as you leave her, call him baby. She will get the point that she shouldn't meddle.

You need to take control of your home. It is your house not hers.

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Acidosis(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
She doesn't want people to know his name. Then why did she name him? Is it not his name?

Pay your MIL little attention. Call him baby, toddler..whatever you likes. If she complains, act like you didn't hear. If she complains to you directly, nod like you understand. As soon as you leave her, call him baby. She will get the point that she shouldn't meddle.

You need to take control of your home. It is your house not hers.

he

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Richy4(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is just one of those funny stories I like to read here on NL that reminds me so much about my roots... Please don't take it to heart... Just take it to be one of those comic relief..

Just wait when you give birth, you start calling him Papa John, Papa Sandra... so that there will be peace in Jerusalem..

Whenever she comes around, that's when you can scream it the more for her benefit smiley

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by comtem2011: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
Richy4:
This is just one of those funny stories I like to read here on NL that reminds me so much about my roots... Please don't take it to heart... Just take it to be one of those comic relief..

Just wait when you give birth, you start calling him Papa John, Papa Sandra... so that there will be peace in Jerusalem..

Whenever she comes around, that's when you can scream it the more for her benefit smiley
Nawa for you o grin grin grin grin grin.

In-laws and their wahala. I remember when my MIL came for omugwo, whenever someone came to visit with gift, she will ask what is inside. I answered her like 2 occassions, and she didn't stop to know everything brought for the baby, na so I stopped answering her anytime she asked. That was the end to those questions.
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by elektra(f): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
comtem2011:
Nawa for you o grin grin grin grin grin.

In-laws and their wahala. I remember when my MIL came for omugwo, whenever someone came to visit with gift, she will ask what is inside. I answered her like 2 occassions, and she didn't stop to know everything brought for the baby, na so I stopped answering her anytime she asked. That was the end to those questions.

What is wrong with knowing what was brought for the baby?
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by comtem2011: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
elektra:

What is wrong with knowing what was brought for the baby?
Why asking all time? Its my husband'd duty to know what they brought not his mum, na pokenosing. Also asking what me and his son discussed whenever we have private discussion. The way she go ask self, u go know say na gbeborun, I go just dey laff and walkaway.

I just make a reference to my post above just to relate with the OP how some MILs interfere in their son's/daughter's home.

Na today wife/husband dey call themselves name? she gave him pet name and mama still dey complain. She should just let them be.

1 Like

Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by ImaIma1(f): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
Acidosis:

he

Lol...thank you teacher Chike
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Acidosis(m): 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Lol...thank you teacher Chike
grin grin you're funny
Re: Help, Mother In Law Spritualizes Every Issues by Diamond23(f): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
[/color] Just dz small tutoring from MIL and u r fed up grin grin grin. She z coming out gradually.[color=#770077]

(1) (Reply)

Deleted!! / Shake N Take 3 Blender At Its Cheapest Price / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.