Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie (11132 Views)

2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by engineerboat(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2018
The general opinion of Nigerians, going by what I have been reading in newspapers, is that he (President Buhari) has not done well.

ARCHBISHOP Emeritus of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, has cautioned politicians he says are manipulating President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election next year to take time to gauge the mood of the nation or risk plunging Nigeria into an “unnecessary revolution”.

Okogie, however, affirmed the prerogative of any human being to aspire to be anything in life, saying, “Every citizen of Nigeria has the freewill to do whatever he or she desires to do. So, as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he can hearken to the voices of people to aspire to any height.

“But I know that the voice of the people is the voice of God. And I can tell that the general opinion of Nigerians, going by what I have been reading in newspapers, is that he (President Buhari) has not done well. And for him to come from such background and wants to re-contest for another four-year mandate is absolutely left to him”.

Cardinal Okogie
He went on, “But just as he (President Buhari) has the freewill, the people of this country also have the freewill to elect according to their conscience. Like I said, the popular assessment of his performance in the last three years is dismal and the generality of the people will prefer that he retires and allow other Nigerians to make their contribution to the nation’s development. “They don’t want to see him in the saddle again because he has performed poorly, but if he wants to force himself there, I don’t know how he will do it….but I can only say good luck.

“You can even see it from the opposition party’s standpoint. For example, the APC has been releasing lists of alleged looters of the nation’s treasury and the opposition party, the PDP, has consistently raised objections, claiming that some members of the ruling party have been, at different occasions, indicted of corruption, but, up till now, the APC is yet to respond. PDP had asked very salient questions bordering on the so-called list of alleged looters but what has been the response from the APC? The PDP has made very weighty allegations but they not responded. If they are convinced of their anti-corruption war, they should openly respond to the questions raised on the alleged looters lists. But so far, there has been no reply from the APC.

“I hope they are assuming that Nigerians are sleeping. For example, there are various opinion articles in newspapers, I have sent out a couple to the media which have been published but what has been the response to them? Nothing! Nobody has said a word about all that I have written about in the last couple of months. I want them to react; but thus far, there is no reaction.

“I am not a politician, but I can say to you now, that politics in this country has changed drastically. It’s no longer what it used to be. No! Those days are gone for ever. For example, when the former Defence Minister, Gen, Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, threw the gauntlet and urged Nigerians to defend themselves when they come under attack by these mindless insurgents, majority of Nigerians supported that call because it reflected the mind-set of the vast majority of the people.

“These people, on a daily basis and here and there, are suffering and being killed and our President is not saying anything. The holy book urges us to love our neighbours….are the people being killed on a daily basis not our neighbours? Check the newspapers on a daily basis, there are reports of killing of innocent Nigerians in different parts of the country and the President will not say a word.

“Let me tell here and now, if he gets there (re-election) by hook or crook, people will revolt. Mark my word! Even if he wins, people will revolt and Nigeria will not be comfortable with him anymore. Nigeria has changed. It’s no longer a country of yes, yes. No! Not anymore. There will be revolution. Even if he puts somebody they don’t like, they will not accept”.

The conversation continued:

But there are Nigerians who believe there is no alternative to President Buhari. Do you agree?

How can I agree? That is not true. They are flatterers. If we put any other Nigerian in power, he will perform. Why did President Buhari not back the calls from different parts of the country for restructuring? Why? They know what they are doing, but I tell you Nigeria is not for one person or for one region. Nigeria is for us all. I am not a politician but every Nigerian can read me. Like I said, Nigeria has changed. Did Olusegun Obasanjo not desire to have a third term in office? Did he not fail?

What is your advice to Nigerians at this point?

I don’t know. But like everybody is advising, people should go out and register and make sure they vote when the opportunity comes to elect the next President, but the problem is that you know the kind of Nigerians we have. I have said it, even if he wins tomorrow, he will not be comfortable in the seat, because, number one, most Nigerians will query how he got there. From what I am seeing now, a time will come when people will be killing themselves like chicken. And I think the time is here with us already. Look at what is happening in Borno, Benue, Taraba among other places in the country….and Buhari has not said a word!

My last letter or if you like call it opinion, entitled, We Are Watching And Waiting!, that statement is a powerful statement. We warned them in our last write ups, that Nigerians are no fools. We are no fools. Nigerians are no longer fools. He should be careful because Nigerians are no longer fools. Can you hear Gov. Nasir El-Rufai shouting again? What of all members of the cabal?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/2019-buharis-friends-not-telling-truth-okogie/amp/

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by engineerboat(m): 8:24am On Apr 17, 2018
Myd44 has your Buhari done well

Madridguy has your buhari done well

Cleverly has your buhari done well

13 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by engineerboat(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Lalasticlala abeg has PMB done well
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Jirate(m): 8:32am On Apr 17, 2018
“These people, on a daily basis and here and there, are suffering and being killed and our President is not saying anything. The holy book urges us to love our neighbours….are the people being killed on a daily basis not our neighbours? Check the newspapers on a daily basis, there are reports of killing of innocent Nigerians in different parts of the country and the President will not say a word.

What He Said will Only Infuriate You My Dear Bishop, He Claimed That Those Doing The Killing Are From Libya Sent By Late Muammur Gaddafi, What a Change Shame. cool

14 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2018
Very Incompetent President sad

In Other News Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor Imo 2019

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Omeokachie: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2018
Buhari will not listen to the truth even when told.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by akum78: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2018
Truth .

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Chevronstaff: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2018
YOU THINK NIGERIA IS BAD YET?? WAIT LET BUHARI WIN AGAIN IN 2019....!!!!

19 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by slapacha: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Tor
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by LastSurvivor11: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Okojie you are very wrong, buhari doesn't have friends, he only have cabals...

Before you fault the cardinal, just answer this quick test

19 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by sotall(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Lifeofpolice1(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2018
I need N500 Million for my transport business before I turn 29yrs I beg
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by sotall(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
D
D for Daura .....the retirement home of Buhari come 2019

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by aragon4realz(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2018
too much story
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Paperwhite(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Sai baba zombies are not truth sayers but are reasonable people who see & know the truth but chose to believe & speak a lie.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2018
But IBB showed the world your truth Cardinal. grin
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by kereman1: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2018
All there christain clergymen wil nt leave polities alone. At if its how muslim clergymen interfere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2018
What do you expect from sycophant, some people are eating from his mistake, do you want the door to close cool

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Fitnessman(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2018

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by KrystosCJ(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2018
When it comes to perpetuating their presence and authority in office, all politicians are the same. Even when they tell you the truth, or lie to you, as an individual it is up to you to make a decision.

Power corrupts, absolute power destroys.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Men must shun dictators like.buhari

Dictators free themselves but enslave the masses

1 Like

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by emmabest2000(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2018
Buhari has no friends

To your tent O’buhari

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Generalkaycee(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2018
Undiluted truth

1 Like

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Newpride(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2018
What most of our leaders hate most is the #truth#.

The likes of Buhari are allergic to the truth.
Besides, how do u expect someone to who is trance or who has air impaired problem to listen.

May God deliver this country from deaf leaders.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by naijaadvance: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2018
Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2018
a revolution is needed, let him contest. the revolution go sweet me as i go view am from my house in saskatchewan canada cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2018
Chevronstaff:
If President Buhari comes back in
2019, it won't be because he's popular, brilliant or hardworking. It would be because we didn't consider the future of Nigeria important enough to do whatever it takes to stop this calamity....!!!!!

As much as it sounds ludicrous, the answer is: Atiku is more corruptly exposed than Buhari.
The northern votes wont be divided for Buhari.
The southern votes belong to whom ?
East will go with ?
South South will go with ?
West will go with ?
Unless these 3 regions pull in the same direction, PDP or any other party cannot sniff victory in the elections.
Those clamoring for a third force, is it a year to the election that you begin to plan ? Buhari's candidature in 2015 was on the back of 12 years of failure to land the position. APC are using Rochas 2023 to bait the S'East, is there any better strategy or political calculation on board, or will you vote PDP, just to change APC and return to the magical stage of budgeted funds disappearing ?

We need to reset our minds and think.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo / 15 Bible Verses To Encourage You / I Am Not Blaspheming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.