Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,298 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" (35181 Views)

Pastor Mike David Threatens To Expose Apostle Suleiman Over Stephanie Otobo Saga / Apostle Suleman Sues Pastor Mike Davids For N5 Billion As IGP Orders Arrest / Apostle Suleman Had Sex With Faith Edeko, My Wife - Pastor Mike Davids Petitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
Yes... But have you read Philippians 4:8?
what about it? How does it relate to my comment?

Philippians 4:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Osezua: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
A.) The 8 Testimonies on TITHING from HEAVEN & HELL experiences

Here are 8 people who testify of meeting Jesus face to face in Heaven or Hell (or both) either through dying & returning or in open vision experiences. They come from many different nations showing God is spreading this warning message about Tithing widely to many.

1) Pastor Brani Duyon – After dying and going to Heaven he was given 6 Messages from the Lord & to tell the Church upon his return

Message 4 – “Tell My children, they must be obedient to give tithes and offerings,” said the Lord Jesus. While Jesus was giving me this message, He said “My child, look there” He showed me beautiful houses which are ready for His children. “My child, these houses are ready, I prepared for all My children that believe and are obedient to Me.” Then He showed me incomplete houses. I asked “Lord, why are these houses not yet completed?” The Lord Jesus said “My child, these houses belong to My children that are not generous giving tithe and offerings. These houses will be ready and completed AFTER My children give more tithes and offerings in My House.”

2.) Ricardo Cid – 8 Hours in Heaven testimony

I started running up and down the gold street and picking up gold dust and sprinkling it on my body. And then the Lord told me to come back and tell you that there are streets of gold in heaven. “All this belongs to my people,” the Lord said. “But, in my church there are many thieves who steal my tithes and offerings! Tell my people that no thief will enter my kingdom in heaven!” We need to straighten up our lives for the Lord

3. Laura Wanma – Testimony of Heaven and Hell

While on a visitation to Hell with the Lord Jesus Laura testifies – ‘I saw a lot of people being tortured, and Jesus said to me “These people are not faithful with their tithe.”’
Read the full testimony here

4.) Choo Thomas – Heaven is So Real book

Choo was told by the Lord: “The only ones who will go there (Heaven) are the obedient and pure-hearted children. Tell my Children to preach the gospel. I am coming soon for those who are waiting and ready for Me.” The Lord added “Those who don’t Tithe are disobedient children”
”Should I tell this to anyone Lord?” Choo asked.
“I want you to tell it to everyone. Write down everything I show you and tell you” said the Lord. And … “Any Christian who doesnt tithe will not be blessed because they love money more than my word. Those who love money more than My Word will never see my Kingdom. You already know where they be at the end” said the Lord

5.) The 7 Colombian Youths – Revelation of Heaven & Hell

We arrived in a place that looked like a big swimming pool of fire, with thousands of men and women inside of it. Each of them had metal plate on their chest that read: “I am here for not giving tithes and offerings” When I read that, I asked the Lord, “Lord, how can this be possible, that people are here for this reason??” The Lord responded, “Yes, because these people thought that tithes and offerings were not important, when my Word shows it as a command.” In Malachi 3:8-9 it says “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed Thee?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you.” The Lord told me that when His people withhold their tithes, it hinders the work of the Lord, and then the Gospel is not preached. People in this place suffered a thousand times worse than others, because they knew the Word of the Lord and disobeyed.

6) Queen Dixon – A Gate of Hell (vision a trip to Hell)

The GOD of all ages spoke directly to me, this is what He said to me, and let me just say that He was ANGRY. When He spoke, His voice went through my bones like a massive vibration!!! All I could do is just lay there and hear my master speak. He said: “This is the end of all sin if you do not serve me with your whole heart. I will use you to save others but you will die and go to hell. If you do not serve me with your whole heart, then you serve Me not at all.” Then the Lord of hosts got even angrier and said: “tithes and offerings are a commandment. This is how my word is preached; this is what takes care of my churches!” The Lord said: “You go and tell them….without holiness, no man can enter into my Kingdom” The Lord said to me exactly what was in the bible: “Be ye holy as I am holy!!!!”

7.) Pastor Park Yong Gyu – Visit to Heaven & Hell: 1-1000 Testimony

After arriving in Heaven ….The Lord then asked me five questions. Question 5 was: “Did you tithe properly?”…. I continued with my questions, “What shall I do on Earth to provide more materials for my home?” The angels replied, “There are seven things one must do to build up their materials to build their home. …. Fifth, one’s offering to the Lord. Sixth, their obedience in giving tithes to God….

After visiting Hell …. I then saw many pastors, elders, and deacons in Hell. I asked the angel, “I know them. They had served God faithfully while on the Earth. They had died some time ago. We all had thought they were in Heaven with God. But now, I see them all in Hell and they are crying out that it is so hot! Why are they here?” There were so many pastors, elders, deacons and all other lay believers.

The angel answered, “Pastor Park Yong Gyu, a person can appear to be a true follower of Christ on the outside but God knows the heart. They did not tithe properly (other sins were also named, see full testimony for details) ….On their death beds, they thought they had done a good job so they did not repent of those things. This is why they were thrown in the fires of Hell.”

8. Angelica Zambrano 2nd visit to Heaven & Hell

Among all those people (in Hell), I heard someone saying, “I ask for your forgiveness now Lord, because I have stolen from you, forgive me for stealing, I stole from you Lord and I do not want to do it again.” I asked, “Lord, who is he and why does he say he stole from You?” “My child I will show you who he is.” We entered his cell and I saw a disfigured man. The flames opened up and I could see that he was being tormented. All those people who are in hell have a plaque on their chest, and 666 on their forehead.

This man extended his hand and said, “Lord forgive me.” I asked, “Why are you here?”… He replied, “I’ll tell you my story. I was a Christian leader, for 20 years I had known Christ, but during the 20 years I said: all that money from my tithing and offerings were just to sustain the pastors, but now I regret it because I understand and I know that it wasn’t for them, it was for the Lord, and that is why I say I have stolen from God. At this very moment there are many people on Earth that are robbing the Lord like I did. When you return to Earth, tell all those people who don’t want to give their offerings and tithes, not to steal from the Lord, otherwise, they’ll wind up in Hell, and no thief will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I knew the Holy Word, now I regret it and realize I robbed the Lord.” (Mal 3,cool He said, “Tell the people when they give to God, give the Lord with true love.” (2Cor 9,7) This man kept pleading, “Lord forgive me”, and the Lord replied, “It is too late, there is no opportunity for you.”
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Osezua:
A.) The 8 Testimonies on TITHING from HEAVEN & HELL experiences

Here are 8 people who testify of meeting Jesus face to face in Heaven or Hell (or both) either through dying & returning or in open vision experiences. They come from many different nations showing God is spreading this warning message about Tithing widely to many.

1) Pastor Brani Duyon – After dying and going to Heaven he was given 6 Messages from the Lord & to tell the Church upon his return

Message 4 – “Tell My children, they must be obedient to give tithes and offerings,” said the Lord Jesus. While Jesus was giving me this message, He said “My child, look there” He showed me beautiful houses which are ready for His children. “My child, these houses are ready, I prepared for all My children that believe and are obedient to Me.” Then He showed me incomplete houses. I asked “Lord, why are these houses not yet completed?” The Lord Jesus said “My child, these houses belong to My children that are not generous giving tithe and offerings. These houses will be ready and completed AFTER My children give more tithes and offerings in My House.”

2.) Ricardo Cid – 8 Hours in Heaven testimony

I started running up and down the gold street and picking up gold dust and sprinkling it on my body. And then the Lord told me to come back and tell you that there are streets of gold in heaven. “All this belongs to my people,” the Lord said. “But, in my church there are many thieves who steal my tithes and offerings! Tell my people that no thief will enter my kingdom in heaven!” We need to straighten up our lives for the Lord

3. Laura Wanma – Testimony of Heaven and Hell

While on a visitation to Hell with the Lord Jesus Laura testifies – ‘I saw a lot of people being tortured, and Jesus said to me “These people are not faithful with their tithe.”’
Read the full testimony here

4.) Choo Thomas – Heaven is So Real book

Choo was told by the Lord: “The only ones who will go there (Heaven) are the obedient and pure-hearted children. Tell my Children to preach the gospel. I am coming soon for those who are waiting and ready for Me.” The Lord added “Those who don’t Tithe are disobedient children”
”Should I tell this to anyone Lord?” Choo asked.
“I want you to tell it to everyone. Write down everything I show you and tell you” said the Lord. And … “Any Christian who doesnt tithe will not be blessed because they love money more than my word. Those who love money more than My Word will never see my Kingdom. You already know where they be at the end” said the Lord

5.) The 7 Colombian Youths – Revelation of Heaven & Hell

We arrived in a place that looked like a big swimming pool of fire, with thousands of men and women inside of it. Each of them had metal plate on their chest that read: “I am here for not giving tithes and offerings” When I read that, I asked the Lord, “Lord, how can this be possible, that people are here for this reason??” The Lord responded, “Yes, because these people thought that tithes and offerings were not important, when my Word shows it as a command.” In Malachi 3:8-9 it says “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed Thee?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you.” The Lord told me that when His people withhold their tithes, it hinders the work of the Lord, and then the Gospel is not preached. People in this place suffered a thousand times worse than others, because they knew the Word of the Lord and disobeyed.

6) Queen Dixon – A Gate of Hell (vision a trip to Hell)

The GOD of all ages spoke directly to me, this is what He said to me, and let me just say that He was ANGRY. When He spoke, His voice went through my bones like a massive vibration!!! All I could do is just lay there and hear my master speak. He said: “This is the end of all sin if you do not serve me with your whole heart. I will use you to save others but you will die and go to hell. If you do not serve me with your whole heart, then you serve Me not at all.” Then the Lord of hosts got even angrier and said: “tithes and offerings are a commandment. This is how my word is preached; this is what takes care of my churches!” The Lord said: “You go and tell them….without holiness, no man can enter into my Kingdom” The Lord said to me exactly what was in the bible: “Be ye holy as I am holy!!!!”

7.) Pastor Park Yong Gyu – Visit to Heaven & Hell: 1-1000 Testimony

After arriving in Heaven ….The Lord then asked me five questions. Question 5 was: “Did you tithe properly?”…. I continued with my questions, “What shall I do on Earth to provide more materials for my home?” The angels replied, “There are seven things one must do to build up their materials to build their home. …. Fifth, one’s offering to the Lord. Sixth, their obedience in giving tithes to God….

After visiting Hell …. I then saw many pastors, elders, and deacons in Hell. I asked the angel, “I know them. They had served God faithfully while on the Earth. They had died some time ago. We all had thought they were in Heaven with God. But now, I see them all in Hell and they are crying out that it is so hot! Why are they here?” There were so many pastors, elders, deacons and all other lay believers.

The angel answered, “Pastor Park Yong Gyu, a person can appear to be a true follower of Christ on the outside but God knows the heart. They did not tithe properly (other sins were also named, see full testimony for details) ….On their death beds, they thought they had done a good job so they did not repent of those things. This is why they were thrown in the fires of Hell.”

8. Angelica Zambrano 2nd visit to Heaven & Hell

Among all those people (in Hell), I heard someone saying, “I ask for your forgiveness now Lord, because I have stolen from you, forgive me for stealing, I stole from you Lord and I do not want to do it again.” I asked, “Lord, who is he and why does he say he stole from You?” “My child I will show you who he is.” We entered his cell and I saw a disfigured man. The flames opened up and I could see that he was being tormented. All those people who are in hell have a plaque on their chest, and 666 on their forehead.

This man extended his hand and said, “Lord forgive me.” I asked, “Why are you here?”… He replied, “I’ll tell you my story. I was a Christian leader, for 20 years I had known Christ, but during the 20 years I said: all that money from my tithing and offerings were just to sustain the pastors, but now I regret it because I understand and I know that it wasn’t for them, it was for the Lord, and that is why I say I have stolen from God. At this very moment there are many people on Earth that are robbing the Lord like I did. When you return to Earth, tell all those people who don’t want to give their offerings and tithes, not to steal from the Lord, otherwise, they’ll wind up in Hell, and no thief will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I knew the Holy Word, now I regret it and realize I robbed the Lord.” (Mal 3,cool He said, “Tell the people when they give to God, give the Lord with true love.” (2Cor 9,7) This man kept pleading, “Lord forgive me”, and the Lord replied, “It is too late, there is no opportunity for you.”

The bible says clearly that any vision that is contrary to the word of God is of the devil.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
I don't argue but discuss.The issue on ground is,IS TITHE SCRIPTURAL OR NOT?
As Christians We read both New and Old testament. Those practices to be done away with were highlighted.For example, the killing of rams to atone for sins.Secondly, Where Jesus needed to clarify things He didn't hesitate.
No one is forcing you to obey scriptures but if you choose to,it must be in God's own terms NOT How you feel like it.
If you want to Tithe,10% not 1%. God doesn't force anybody to give to Him.Personally, there are somethings I'm ashamed to give to a friend or someone I value.
It is lack of understanding for people to think because some texts are in the Old testament so it's past.
PaChukwudi44:

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE TITHE UNDER CHRISTIANITY.IF YOU LIKE GIVE 1% THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS IT MUST BE 10%
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by abescom: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
acmilan1:

The ones that live in denial have arrived, they will never believe its their church no matter the video you show them
You have problem understanding simple english? In every place, we have the bad eggs. He is one of them.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
Kikikiki...let me help you a little. If tithing for example, is right and excellent to provide for the needs of the church and it's not sinful why shouldn't think on it?
PaChukwudi44:
what about it? How does it relate to my comment?

Philippians 4:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by obailala(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
So tithe is unbearable? My brother, if you ain't convinced does it mean it's wrong?What is wrong with giving to God?
You guys are just making a fuss about TITHES,When in fact GOD REFERRED TO TITHES AND OFFERINGS.
For your info Tithing predates the Mosaic Law.What the bible enjoins is cheerfulness and not grudgingly or of a necessity.
I wonder the noise about this stuff.Those of us who read scriptures know itz scriptural.Christ as Melchizedek accepted, He spoke about it too in the new testament only that we should not ignore weightier matters of the Law.
Giving Tithes and Offerings doesn't qualify one for heaven but if God is blessing you,Honoring Him with your substance,money inclusive,is scriptural.
Finally, All Scriptures is given by inspiration and it's profitable for doctrine.... That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto ALL good works.
Just one question, what is wrong in giving to God?.
My brother, there is nothing wrong with giving to God, but there is everything wrong with preaching falsehood to coerce people to give. I will repeat this again for emphasis, there is everything good about giving to God. But when Apostle Paul in the book of 2Corinthians 9:7 taught the new believers about giving, he made it very clear that they were bound by no law to give any specific amount or percentage.

You asked if tithing was unbearable - Apostle Peter in the book of Acts 15:5-10 was referring to the entire Mosaic Laws as unbearable; tithing was just 1 very little part of it.

You said tithing predates the Mosaic Laws - You are very right about that, but every other tithing which took place in the scriptures were voluntary; the Mosaic Law concerning tithing was the only form of tithing which was mandatory and which had grave consequences if broken (i.e. Malachi 3:8-10).

Under the new covenant, the bible made it VERY VERY clear that new covenant believers are no longer bound by the MANDATORY Mosaic laws, of which tithing according to Malachi 3:8-10 was a part.

So the question I ask is, if the Apostles who started the church through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit preached to the people that they are no longer under any mandatory requirements to tithe or comply by numerous other unbearable Mosaic laws, why then are pastors in the world over 2000 years later now preaching that tithing is mandatory for a believer to make heaven?... Cant you see the falsehood and dishonesty in that?... If you arent worried about pastors telling an obvious lie to raise money by threatening believers with a condemnation to hell, then that's really worrisome.

Summary of my message is simple, it is good to give to the church as the church needs money for its operation. But it's evil to preach that God requires new covenant believers to give a certain percentage of their income in order to make heaven; that was exactly what the Pharisees tried do in Acts 15:5-10 but Apostle Peter shot them down.

Do you know how many believers today are made to lose their blessings daily simply because they give out of fear of condemnation instead of out of love?

In fact, go and read the entire Galatians 13, and you will realise that anyone who still tries to uphold the Mosaic Laws is basically living under a curse which Christ already saved us from by being nailed to the cross; you are basically denying Christ as the messiah.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by expert234: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:
In the name of Christianity

Start from 2:40 mins

Summary
According to Malachi, when you don't pay tithe, you are robbing God, that makes you a thief

People who don't pay tithes are thieves and thieves will not enter heaven

You are fooling yourself. Stop acting like an idiot.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
I don't argue but discuss.The issue on ground is,IS TITHE SCRIPTURAL OR NOT?
As Christians We read both New and Old testament. Those practices to be done away with were highlighted.For example, the killing of rams to atone for sins.Secondly, Where Jesus needed to clarify things He didn't hesitate.
No one is forcing you to obey scriptures but if you choose to,it must be in God's own terms NOT How you feel like it.
If you want to Tithe,10% not 1%. God doesn't force anybody to give to Him.Personally, there are somethings I'm ashamed to give to a friend or someone I value.
It is lack of understanding for people to think because some texts are in the Old testament so it's past.

Even giving of burnt offerings and stoning to death of adulterers are also scriptural.Tithing was amongst the things done away by the apostles as they didn't practise it.The decision to do away with the jewish laws were taken at the first church council in Jerusalem.Dont even go about the emotional blackmail it doesn't work with me.The koko remains does God require Christians to pay 10% of their earnings to the church YES or NO.If Yes what is the scriptural basis for tithing under Christianity? Is there any verse in the bible where Christians paid or where asked to pay tithes? If No what then makes you think that tithing was not done away with?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
Kikikiki...let me help you a little. If tithing for example, is right and excellent to provide for the needs of the church and it's not sinful why shouldn't think on it?

its will be sinful if it is done according to Malachi as that would mean putting yourself under the curse of the law.You dont go about twisting the scriptures and preaching heresy beacsue you want to raise money for the church.That would be a fraud
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Reelmii: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
Julivas:

God bless you for your reasonable and wise comment. Tithe should not bring argument among we Christians. What pains me most is that we leave the most important issue of preaching the gospel while making much effort on this simple thing.
our problems is greed, it os because money is involved that is y all tjis dust Is rising up. everybody wabts to be the GO, did they know what Adeboye went tru to get to where he is today, can they survive what he survive, funny enough he is not awear of most of the preaching going on in various parishes, abd I am not sure he knows all his parishes talk more of knowing the pastors in charge. all this pastors that are leaving they jave only one aim which is to open their own parish, but they will want to lure people to their own church with this message
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by oglalasioux(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
I'm wondering what the people of earth in the next 400 years will think of us.

I can hear their laughter at our idiotic thinking that gods even exist in the first place not to talk of this thieving pastor's assertion.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
jattopeter:
PLEASE HOW MUCH DID YOU PAID TO JESUS CHRIST BEFORE HE DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOU? IF TITHE IS PART OF CONDITION TO MAKE HEAVEN, OF WHAT VALUE IS HIS DEATH? JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS IN THE WILDERNES CRYING FOR REPENTANCE.

My dear, please understand my point. Paying of tithe is not to secure entrance to heaven. Put the monitory aspect out of your mind. It is a commandment, a principle. God doesn't use money. He is not interested in the money but in the obedience.The money is supposed to be used in the house of God and for the furtherance of the gospel. If any pastor real or fake, misuses it, it's between him and God, but you will still receive your blessing for obedience regardless.The Bible said to obey is better than sacrifice. You are not paying for heaven's gate pass, no never. But the act of obedience involved is what matters.

My concern is, both proponents and opponents of this issue, draw their points from the Bible. In the end, at the judgement, which side will God choose?. It's easier for us to assume, but it's not so easy. It could be true that tithe is no longer necessary, and it could also be true that it is very necessary. It is also possible that this whole thing now which all of a sudden began to gain momentum, is a trick of the devil to deceive. Don't forget, that every temptation Satan brought in trying to deceive Jesus was quoted from the Bible, and he was right, it was in the bible, but they where wrongly applied. No Christian, no matter how highly anointed can argue the scriptures with Satan without the help of the Holy Spirit, the devil will almost certainly win. We win him only on faith grounds not in reasoning and arguments. That's why I caution people to be wary what stand they take.

As for me, I will pay my tithe in faith not as fulfilling any law, after all it's my money. If I stand before God on judgement and He says, don't mind those pastors, they are liars, I lose nothing because I did what I did in faith. However, if I stand before God and He says it was true and necessary to pay my tithes, good and fine as well, i've escaped as well. Because, what is sin? Sin is simply put, disobedience to God no matter what it is, and the punishment of sin is death, eternal death. Knowing how serious that death is, should make you be very careful what you do. Don't do it like you're fulfilling the law, but as obeying a command. Remember Abraham payed tithe not as a law, but in faith. That's what I mean. Taking this stand will ensure that at least on this front, you are covered while focusing on other heaven certered matters, because going to heaven is a very big deal. Thanks.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by chijokz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

nonsense teaching!!! So the entire jewish laws were abolished leaving only tithes abi? How come the apostles and the early church did not practise it? Even for you who claim tithes has not been abolished is the tithe system your churches run today anything close to the tithes practised in the bible?
Don't mind the guy..He's either a pastor or benefitting from tithes paid in his church.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
No one supports falsehood. This matter is simple.What law was it that Abraham followed when he tithed?Was it not voluntarily? Did you remember,one of the disciples that went with Paul to Jerusalem and he had to do something so the Jews would listen to him?
My point??
Giving to God is good and should be done cheerfully not grudgingly or of a necessity. There is no place in the new testament where tithing was abolished. Christ only said there are weightier matters of the Law.God spoke about somethings He doesn't want anymore eg vain oblations,incense etc but reminded them of robbing Him not only in Tithes but Offerings.
I personally feel there are things we Christians,
not churchgoers, shouldn't argue about.Why begrudge people who feel about tithing apart from offering? Is this the revival we are longing for? How many times have decided to bombard nairaland with The Message of the Cross instead we tear ourselves on trivial issues.If only we use this same fervour to Declare JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and talk about salvation....
obailala:

My brother, there is nothing wrong with giving to God, but there are also many ways to give to God besides tithing. I will repeat this again for emphasis, there is everything good about giving to God. But when Apostle Paul in the book of 2Corinthians 9:7 taught the new believers about giving, he made it very clear that they were bound by no law to give any specific amount or percentage.

You asked if tithing was unbearable - Apostle Peter in the book of Acts 15:5-10 was referring to the entire Mosaic Laws as unbearable; tithing was just 1 very little part of it.

You said tithing predates the Mosaic Laws - You are very right about that, but every other tithing which took place in the scriptures were voluntary; the Mosaic Law concerning tithing was the only form of tithing which was mandatory and which had grave consequences if broken (i.e. Malachi 3:8-10).

Under the new covenant, the bible made it VERY VERY clear that new covenant believers are no longer bound by the MANDATORY Mosaic laws, of which tithing according to Malachi 3:8-10 was a part.

So the question I ask is, if the Apostles who started the church through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit preached to the people that they are no longer under any mandatory requirements to tithe or comply by numerous other unbearable Mosaic laws, why then are pastors in the world now preaching that tithing is mandatory for a believer to make heaven?... Cant you see the falsehood and dishonesty in that?... If you arent worried about pastors telling an obvious lie to raise money by threatening believers with a condemnation to hell if they dont pat a certain amount, then that's really worrisome.

Summary of my message is, it is good to give to the church as the church needs money for its operation. But it's evil to preach lies an falsehood to people to make them part their money. Do you know how many believers are made to lose their blessings daily simply because they give out of fear of condemnation instead of out of love?

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
No one supports falsehood. This matter is simple.What law was it that Abraham followed when he tithed?Was it not voluntarily? Did you remember,one of the disciples that went with Paul to Jerusalem and he had to do something so the Jews would listen to him?
My point??
Giving to God is good and should be done cheerfully not grudgingly or of a necessity. There is no place in the new testament where tithing was abolished. Christ only said there are weightier matters of the Law.God spoke about somethings He doesn't want anymore eg vain oblations,incense etc but reminded them of robbing Him not only in Tithes but Offerings.
I personally feel there are things we Christians,
not churchgoers, shouldn't argue about.Why begrudge people who feel about tithing apart from offering? Is this the revival we are longing for? How many times have decided to bombard nairaland with The Message of the Cross instead we tear ourselves on trivial issues.If only we use this same fervour to Declare JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and talk about salvation....

Are you trying to say that the jewish laws were abolished save for tithes or that tithes were not part of the now abolished jewish laws? BTW why on earth did the biblical church not teach or practise tithing.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
OK...But can we face the weightier matter of the Law? Can we use this same fervor to bring men to the Kingdom? At least we both agree that it's good to give to God.
PaChukwudi44:

its will be sinful if it is done according to Malachi as that would mean putting yourself under the curse of the law.You dont go about twisting the scriptures and preaching heresy beacsue you want to raise money for the church.That would be a fraud
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by kswitch63: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
This whole thing is messed up sha...

The truth is that tithing is not compulsory....

You should be led to Tithe if and only if you believe in the vision and mission of the church... Tithing is giving and if you believe in the mission and vision of the church then you would be led to give even more than your tithe because it is something you personally believe in and was convinced of your own will ... not that someone will now put fear in you using one Malachi scripture.

Then what is all the preaching about we being free and Christ paying all the price by His death... Was all that scripture in vain??

If for any reason you have previously believed that because you didn't tithe that is why things are not going well, then you are certainly in bondage...

If you check it, the "prayer of blessings" of an average African is purely economical... They pray that God should bless them but then the image they have at the back of their mind during that prayer is a nice car, a nice house and plenty of money and also a beautiful wife and fine kids... Are those not economical needs

If you have money, you will eat well and eat the right foods and even exercise well which will in turn translate to a long and healthy life...

If you have money, you will be able to afford a beautiful woman and both of you will enjoy your life...

To get money, you have to use your head and work and solve a problem and wealth will naturally follow... Most of the things we pray for and give tithe for can be done by just applying simple principles.

People should honestly read the Bible and pray for understanding instead of swallowing hook, line and sinker whatever your Pastor says... Even every good pastor will encourage you to get closer to the Holy Spirit and that can only be done by reading and understanding the Word of God.

Before vex finish me here... A lot of people are very ignorant of the truth...

#nuffsaid

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

My dear, please understand my point. Paying of tithe is not to secure entrance to heaven. Put the monitory aspect out of your mind. It is a commandment, a principle. God doesn't use money. He is not interested in the money but in the obedience.The money is supposed to be used in the house of God and for the furtherance of the gospel. If any pastor real or fake, misuses it, it's between him and God, but you will still receive your blessing for obedience regardless.The Bible said to obey is better than sacrifice. You are not paying for heaven's gate pass, no never. But the act of obedience involved is what matters.

My concern is, both proponents and opponents of this issue, draw their points from the Bible. In the end, at the judgement, which side will God choose?. It's easier for us to assume, but it's not so easy. It could be true that tithe is no longer necessary, and it could also be true that it is very necessary. It is also possible that this whole thing now which all of a sudden began to gain momentum, is a trick of the devil to deceive. Don't forget, that every temptation Satan brought in trying to deceive Jesus was quoted from the Bible, and he was right, it was in the bible, but they where wrongly applied. No Christian, no matter how highly anointed can argue the scriptures with Satan without the help of the Holy Spirit, the devil will almost certainly win. We win him only on faith grounds not in reasoning and arguments. That's why I caution people to be wary what stand they take.

As for me, I will pay my tithe in faith not as fulfilling any law, after all it's my money. If I stand before God on judgement and He says, don't mind those pastors, they are liars, I lose nothing because I did what I did in faith. However, if I stand before God and He says it was true and necessary to pay my tithes, good and fine as well, i've escaped as well. Because, what is sin? Sin is simply put, disobedience to God no matter what it is, and the punishment of sin is death, eternal death. Knowing how serious that death is, should make you be very careful what you do. Don't do it like you're fulfilling the law, but as obeying a command. Remember Abraham payed tithe not as a law, but in faith. That's what I mean. Taking this stand will ensure that at least on this front, you are covered while focusing on other heaven certered matters, because going to heaven is a very big deal. Thanks.

Abtraham paid his tithe voluntarily abi how come pastors do not want members to decide whether to tithe or not.Why on earth should someone say that people will go to hell or that things will be tight for those who don't tithe.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
abescom:
The redeemed Christian Church of GOD that me I am a bona-fide member of does not allow such vision nonsense especially not on the altar.

Ur daddy Adeboye said this one so chill.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
OK...But can we face the weightier matter of the Law? Can we use this same fervor to bring men to the Kingdom? At least we both agree that it's good to give to God.

The law as a whole is dead.We are now in an era of grace where the righteous are justified by faith
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
mikky4764:

If u want to pay, then pay if u don't, its okay...enough of all these on social media. As for me, i believe in tithe

It means ur not reading ur bible.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 18.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by chijokz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
if Pentecostal were to have their way they will edit the bible to include this tithes in the new testament.One of the main reasons for the proliferation of churches today is tithes.Remove tithes and watch this churches collapse
Exactly my thoughts..I've always stood by the reason we have so many pentecostal churches in Nigeria with new ones springing up weekly is because of the huge profits from tithes, first fruit, sow seeds. If they were not mentioned in the bible, it would have been a different situation.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
I didn't say so...I said God is deliberate about His commands and despite the fact that the law was a shadow of things to come,God highlighted some Old testament practices that should be done away with.
PaChukwudi44:

Are you trying to say that the jewish laws were abolished save for tithes or that tithes were not part of the now abolished jewish laws? BTW why on earth did the biblical church not teach or practise tithing.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
I didn't say so...I said God is deliberate about His commands and despite the fact that the law was a shadow of things to come,God highlighted some Old testament practices that should be done away with.

of course he did that was why the apostles did away with tithing and the other jewish laws

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
vault:
What's all this tithe issue about......... WHO THE FVCK did God tell all these things...... Has he started appointing y'all as secretaries or what.

A tithe should be mandatory to you "if you can afford it"

There's nothing like afford it in tithing. Tithing simply means 1/10 of a person's earning. Even if the persons salary is 3900, they are supposed to pay 390 as tithe.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
shurlermoz:

What do you mean by not truly giving the tithe to God?

I raised that point because, most people who choose to not pay tithe and also support this stand of not paying tithe are of the opinion that, the man/men they are paying these tithes to, already have money and are miss using their (tithe payers) money. If you you stand on that premise, it then means you never truely gave God the money, it is still yours hence your anger and agitation. If I know i've given it to God though physically, man has taken it, I shouldn't then fight the man over what he's doing with it. However, for obeying God's commandment, I will surely be blessed not minding who has taken the money. If at all I should complain, I will tell God to see what the pastor is doing with His money. Anybody with such mentality never truly gave that money to God and there can be no blessing in such case. My opinion though.

For those claiming tithing was abolished with the law, I ask, when Father Abraham paid his tithe to Melchizedek, was it under law or under faith?
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:

Summary
According to Malachi, when you don't pay tithe, you are robbing God, that makes you a thief

Tithe no dey 10 commandments.

Abraham paid tithe, He chose to do so, God didn't instruct him to do so.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.

Numbers 18 vs 26.

Says it all.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
People who will serve God will no matter what.Some preach for strife others in sincerity.
The most important thing is CHRIST IS PREACHED.
We that know the truth should go to the streets and preach the gospel.
chijokz:

Exactly my thoughts..I've always stood by the reason we have so many pentecostal churches in Nigeria with new ones springing up weekly is because of the huge profits from tithes, first fruit, sow seeds. If they were not mentioned in the bible, it would have been a different situation.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by kswitch63: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
One very annoying thing that people do is when Pastors say that you should sow a minimum amount of money for something that God will bless you.... And one idiot will go and carry money that is meant for work and sow it...

You are doing yourself....

Look if you have 1million where would you rather put it??

Would you put it in the Church and then be expecting one miracle money like that to hit your account or will you put the money into a business that will yield further profits..

People should not be blind to the truth...

Several millionaires billionaires out there do not stay all time in church shouting amen at the top of their voices on every blessing the Pastor pronounces... They have a business they are running and applying business principles there to make the business profitable everyday...

If you need money... Look for a problem matter how small it is and solve... wealth will follow... if the problem has been solved already but the market isn't saturated, enter it like that if you have passion for it and you will see that innovation will come and so wealth will follow.... if the problem hasn't been solved before, the road may be long as you would be the pioneer but the wealth following it will be much bigger...

#nuffsaid
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

I raised that point because, most people who choose to not pay tithe and also support this stand of not paying tithe are of the opinion that, the man/men they are paying these tithes to, already have money and are miss using their (tithe payers) money. If you you stand on that premise, it then means you never truely gave God the money, it is still yours hence your anger and agitation. If I know i've given it to God though physically, man has taken it, I shouldn't then fight the man over what he's doing with it. However, for obeying God's commandment, I will surely be blessed not minding who has taken the money. If at all I should complain, I will tell God to see what the pastor is doing with His money. Anybody with such mentality never truly gave that money to God and there can be no blessing in such case. My opinion though.

For those claiming tithing was abolished with the law, I ask, when Father Abraham paid his tithe to Melchizedek, was it under law or under faith?

no dear.It is because tithing under Christianity has no scriptural basis!!!! Besides what is been practised as tithes is at variance with the tithes as described in the bible.God never asked us to pay tithes to him.He says we should support the church with our earnings as we had decided in our hearts cheerfully.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:

Summary

MEN WHO CARVE THE HEAD WEN THEY VISIT BARBING SALOONS ARE DISGUSTING AND THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION TO GOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / DSS Arrests Apostle Johnson Suleman Over Comment On Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.