Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" (35195 Views)

Pastor Mike David Threatens To Expose Apostle Suleiman Over Stephanie Otobo Saga / Apostle Suleman Sues Pastor Mike Davids For N5 Billion As IGP Orders Arrest / Apostle Suleman Had Sex With Faith Edeko, My Wife - Pastor Mike Davids Petitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There's nothing like afford it in tithing. Tithing simply means 1/10 of a person's earning. Even if the persons salary is 3900, they are supposed to pay 390 as tithe.

bros you can lieooo.That is not the definition of tithe. See the biblical definition here

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by guvna(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
This guy is dishonest
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Well I believe in the Bible and the full counsel of God.I Believe in Tithes and Offerings.

So let us all go out and preach Christ,that is the centrality of our faith.

Fighting about tithes doesn't bring people to Jesus.
PaChukwudi44:

of course he did that was why the apostles did away with tithing and the other jewish laws

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by hysteriabox(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:
In the name of Christianity

Start from 2:40 mins

Summary
According to Malachi, when you don't pay tithe, you are robbing God, that makes you a thief

People who don't pay tithes are thieves and thieves will not enter heaven
Hmm. Read your Bible with understanding please.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
midastouch:

Nice Arguement.

Let us recall an important event in the live of Jesus Christ that We also ought to replicate in our day. The event is described in the Gospel of Luke (Luke 2:22–40). According to the gospel, Mary and Joseph took the Infant Jesus to the Temple in Jerusalem forty days (inclusive) after his birth to complete Mary's ritual purification after childbirth, and to perform the redemption of the firstborn son, in obedience to the Torah (Leviticus 12, Exodus 13:12–15, etc.). Luke explicitly says that Joseph and Mary take the option provided for poor people (those who could not afford a lamb; Leviticus 12:cool, sacrificing "a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons." Leviticus 12:1–4 indicates that this event should take place forty days after birth for a male child

Why do Christians not offer a lamb (for wealthy ones) or 2 young pigeons (for poor ones); when they take their first born sons (that open the womb) to the Church?

Are we not also going to hell by not doing this?
Very good, re-read my post again. I said with the death of Jesus Christ on the cross every act of animal sacrifices was done away with, because Jesus shedding His blood once was enough. That's why, if we Christians, need to do anything in that regard, we simply plead the blood of Jesus which has already been shed. No more shedding is required. Jesus did it once and for all. Imagine, in this current economic realities, how many can afford it. But, there are other injunctions in scripture you can not do away with.

Jesus said it's finished on the cross, He fulfilled the law, but that does not mean the ten commandment is abolished. Disobey some of them without repenting and see if you will go to heaven. Does that mean you are living by the law? No! But because it is God's word, you cannot disregard it.

Only the Holy Spirit can truly tell you what applies now and what doesn't apply. My point is, don't quickly jump into conclusion on this matter it is very serious.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
Well I believe in the Bible and the full counsel of God.I Believe in Tithes and Offerings.

So let us all go out and preach Christ,that is the centrality of our faith.

Fighting about tithes doesn't bring people to Jesus.

If people are preaching a gospel of salvation by tithes and using it to fleece the flock then we must preach against it.Part of preaching the good news entails preaching against heretic teachings

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

bros you can lieooo.That is not the definition of tithe. See the biblical definition here

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

There are various types of tithe. There's tithe u eat, there's tithe u share with poor ones among u, There are tithes u pay to priests, theres tithe u pay to poor people around u, There are tithes the priest pays as well.

Numbers 18 vs 26 is the one for priests.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 n Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 is the one are the ones paid to the poor n less privileged.

U have listed the ones that should be eaten.

Chose among the confusions. grin.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

Very good, re-read my post again. I said with the death of Jesus Christ on the cross every act of animal sacrifices was done away with, because Jesus shedding His blood once was enough. That's why, if we Christians, need to do anything in that regard, we simply plead the blood of Jesus which has already been shed. No more shedding is required. Jesus did it once and for all. Imagine, in this current economic realities, how many can afford it. But, there are other injunctions in scripture you can not do away with.

Jesus said it's finished on the cross, He fulfilled the law, but that does not mean the ten commandment is abolished. Disobey some of them without repenting and see if you will go to heaven. Does that mean you are living by the law? No! But because it is God's word, you cannot disregard it.

Only the Holy Spirit can truly tell you what applies now and what doesn't apply. My point is, don't quickly jump into conclusion on this matter it is very serious.

are you fucking kidding me!!!!! As at the time Jesus was born and presented in the temple has he already died for our sin? Was the law not still in force? I don't even know how you people even reason.At what point did the jewish law come to an end? was it not after his death? Even the much quoted matt 23: 23 by tithe apologists is not tenable because of this same reason

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There are various types of tithe. There's tithe u eat, there's tithe u share with poor ones among u, There are tithes u pay to priests, theres tithe u pay to poor people around u, There are tithes the priest pays as well.

Numbers 18 vs 26 is the one for priests.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 n Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 is the one are the ones paid to the poor n less privileged.

U have listed the ones that should be eaten.

Chose among the confusions. grin.

so where is the tithe where you give 10% of your monthly income in the bible? You now see what is preached in churches today has no biblical basis
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by obailala(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
derecho:
No one supports falsehood. This matter is simple.What law was it that Abraham followed when he tithed?Was it not voluntarily? Did you remember,one of the disciples that went with Paul to Jerusalem and he had to do something so the Jews would listen to him?
My point??
Giving to God is good and should be done cheerfully not grudgingly or of a necessity. There is no place in the new testament where tithing was abolished. Christ only said there are weightier matters of the Law.God spoke about somethings He doesn't want anymore eg vain oblations,incense etc but reminded them of robbing Him not only in Tithes but Offerings.
I personally feel there are things we Christians,
not churchgoers, shouldn't argue about.Why begrudge people who feel about tithing apart from offering? Is this the revival we are longing for? How many times have decided to bombard nairaland with The Message of the Cross instead we tear ourselves on trivial issues.If only we use this same fervour to Declare JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and talk about salvation....
Do you agree with me that one of the greatest issue that brings mockery to the church in Nigeria is the inordinate focus on financial gain?

Abraham tithed willingly, Jacob tithed willingly, they were never under any compulsion or commandment to do so. Of course there's nowhere in the new testament where 'freely' giving a tithe was abolished; but rather, what was abolished following Christ's sacrifice on the cross was the mandatory requirement for believers to tithe regularly in order to please God. This message is very clearly documented in the new testament, there is no longer a curse which follows a person who for whatever reason, does not give a tenth. So why does the church in 2018 now blatantly go contrary to this clear message preached by the Apostles?

Can you not see that this issue of preaching mandatory tithing, not only is it depriving believers of their blessings they would have gained if they gave freely, it is also one of the biggest magnets of mockery to the church especially as its an issue which concerns money?...

What is wrong if the church simply just teaches the truth as it is in the bible?... Will God no longer provide for His church if pastors preach the truth about this controversial topic?... Recently, pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar mentioned that the mandatory tithing law and the curses attached to non-tithing as was written in Malachi does not apply to new covenant believer; he further went ahead to mention that if you tithe however, there are blessings tied to it. By speaking the simple truth, do you think that would prevent any if his tithing members to quit?... Absolute NO! So why is the truth too difficult for some really big ministers to preach?... Can't ypu see how that is the real deal bringing mockery to the church?
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

so where is the tithe where you give 10% of your monthly income in the bible? You now see what is preached in churches today has no biblical basis

A portion of the 10% is for the priests.

Read all all the bible quotation i listed.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Abtraham paid his tithe voluntarily abi how come pastors do not want members to decide whether to tithe or not.Why on earth should someone say that people will go to hell or that things will be tight for those who don't tithe.

You have your choice to make dear, No one should force you at all. But at the end your choice will be evaluated with the written word of God. That's the crux of the matter. Where on God's scale will you and I will standn?. But no argument for or against any principle will make sense there. It all has to be determined here. God bless you.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by guesswhoo: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Tithe has nothing to do with heaven. You pay or not, if you're are a sinner, you'll perish.
I encourage giving to support fellow believers, just as Paul and Barnabas made an initial famine-relief visit to Jerusalem in A.D. 46 and delivered a monetary gift from the church at Antioch (Acts 11:29-30). For safety reasons, mountain climbers rope themselves together when climbing a mountain. That way, if one climber should slip and fall, he would not fall to his death but would be held by the others until he could regain his footing. In a similar way the Corinthians' surplus supplied the needs of the Judean churches so that the Judean churches could, in turn, meet the needs of the Corinthians (2 Cor 8:14).
This is the principle of Christian giving in the early years of Christianity -to support the poor and vulnerable believers.
Look around us today. You see Christians who can not afford a 3-square daily meal talk less of giving their wards quality education, while their GOs live comfortably and even use money belonging to the ministry to build universities that almost all their members can not afford to study in.
Proceeds from church offerings and other collections (not necessarily tithes) should be for charity purpose. Let all pastors look for other paid jobs (I know a church that doesn't have full time pastors, no tithes but only raises funds for those in need across all their branches. This is how church of God is supposed to be) Apostle Paul and in fact, all Apostles were working class and didn't depend on the church for their personal upkeep.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by midastouch: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
guesswhoo:
Tithe has nothing to do with heaven. You pay or not, if you're are a sinner, you'll perish.
I encourage giving to support fellow believers, just as Paul and Barnabas made an initial famine-relief visit to Jerusalem in A.D. 46 and delivered a monetary gift from the church at Antioch (Acts 11:29-30). For safety reasons, mountain climbers rope themselves together when climbing a mountain. That way, if one climber should slip and fall, he would not fall to his death but would be held by the others until he could regain his footing. In a similar way the Corinthians' surplus supplied the needs of the Judean churches so that the Judean churches could, in turn, meet the needs of the Corinthians (2 Cor 8:14).
This is the principle of Christian giving in the early years of Christianity -to support the poor and vulnerable believers.
Look around us today. You see Christians who can not afford a 3-square daily meal talk less of giving their wards quality education, while their GOs live comfortably and even us money belonging to the ministry to build universities that are almost all their members can not afford to study in.
Proceeds from church offerings and other collections (not necessarily tithes) should be for charity purpose. Let all pastors look for jobs. Apostle Paul and in fact, all Apostles were working class and didn't depend on the church for their personal upkeep.

AGREED 100%
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
My brother...it's our duty to expound the truth.Many people do the right things but not with a perfect heart.Fine,some are fleecing the flock but that won't stop us from giving to God willingly.We must be careful not to cause people to stumble.Walking with God is by revelation. I encourage people to read the Bible themselves.
There are somethings that God reveals personally to me...prolly to prune me.Initially, I thought it's for broadcast but I'm learning. When I see things in the Church I challenge it .Sometimes I pen it down on the Church Whatsapp group.We are watchmen but we must be careful not to rejoice in iniquity.
The revival that will happen is not about the tithe noise.Men will find God themselves and swell the army.Administration and serving of tables will give way for the ministry of the Word and Prayers.
obailala:
Do you agree with me that one of the greatest issue that brings mockery to the church in Nigeria is the inordinate focus on financial gain?

Abraham tithed willingly, Jacob tithed willingly, they were never under any compulsion or commandment to do so. Of course there's nowhere in the new testament where 'freely' giving a tithe was abolished; but rather, what was abolished following Christ's sacrifice on the cross was the mandatory requirement for believers to tithe regularly in order to please God. This message is very clearly documented in the new testament, there is no longer a curse which follows a person who for whatever reason, does not give a tenth. So why does the church in 2018 now blatantly go contrary to this clear message preached by the Apostles?

Can you not see that this issue of preaching mandatory tithing, not only is it depriving believers of their blessings they would have gained if they gave freely, it is also one of the biggest magnets of mockery to the church especially as its an issue which concerns money?...

What is wrong if the church simply just teaches the truth as it is in the bible?... Will God no longer provide for His church if pastors preach the truth about this controversial topic?... Recently, pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar mentioned that the mandatory tithing law and the curses attached to non-tithing as was written in Malachi does not apply to new covenant believer; he further went ahead to mention that if you tithe however, there are blessings tied to it. By speaking the simple truth, do you think that would prevent any if his tithing members to quit?... Absolute NO! So why is the truth too difficult for some really big ministers to preach?... Can't ypu see how that is the real deal bringing mockery to the church?
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by asksteve(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:

Summary
According to Malachi, when you don't pay tithe, you are robbing God, that makes you a thief

Pls read ur Bible very well, in that portion u quoted, the tithe of people was being stolen.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

are you fucking kidding me!!!!! As at the time Jesus was born and presented in the temple has he already died for our sin? Was the law not still in force? I don't even know how you people even reason.At what point did the jewish law come to an end? was it not after his death? Even the much quoted matt 23: 23 by tithe apologists is not tenable because of this same reason

I think your miss conception is in thinking that after the death of Jesus everything in the Old Testament was done away with. That's no true. Jesus, before His death obeyed the law to the letter and according to Him it was to fulfill all righteousness. After His death, certain practices especially animal sacrifices was done away with, that's not difficult to understand now.

On that premise, Malachi comes in.

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

The verse above clearly shows you God's commandment, a principle like sowing and reaping. Do you think the death of Jesus did away with that command/principle? No!

Where was the tithe to be brought? into God's storehouse. In the house of God or store house, who do you meet to collect it? Obviously God's representative, the priest or pastor.

At the time this command was made, majority, if not all the people where farmers, so what tithes will they bring? In some cases too, they where asked to bring the financial equivalent if the storehouse was too far and the tithe too heavy.

Today, we have lots of white collar, office jobs. Shouldn't they give their tithes? Does 'all the tithes' not apply to them?.

Are there not references of the Old Testament in the New Testaments, if everything there is abolished, then why use them as examples of what should be done?

Certainly, we have human greed playing out here as well with some pastors using it as a means of self enrichment. But that does not abolish the word of God. They will answer to God for that.

May God guide us all.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by derecho(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Iamthoney(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
Jesse01:
lol so

Buddhist

Muslim's

will not go to heaven because this people don't pay tithes
Nigerians pastors turning ⛪ in to there money �
making business.
Hope you have enough Arsenal in your armoury? The sheeples are definitely coming for your head
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

You will make a good pastor!
Very good at twisting the Bible even when its boldly written
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by brojoshua: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
May be she might be banned from 'the heaven of their own church' that is the 'heaven' of RCCG, and never the heaven of the the only true and living God. I know by God that each of the false churches of the the false church have their own 'heaven'. You will not enter into their heaven except you believe in their god, and they are all surely of Satan.
Their church and their churches are not towel of Babel but synagogues of Satan. These pastors are beasts sitting on their individual many waters
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
vault:

A typical example of religious slavery victim........ That's why they will keep extorting you the poor ones, ignorance of the highest order

lol...the poor ones..u just made me laf...i can pay your rent and dat of your siblings if u need help. The poor ones..cant stop lafn..nairaland is so funny sha u meet difrnt kind of good pple.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Primesky(m): 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
Euouae:

You will make a good pastor!
Very good at twisting the Bible even when its boldly written

OK, thank you. That's your opinion though.
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Julivas(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
Reelmii:
our problems is greed, it os because money is involved that is y all tjis dust Is rising up. everybody wabts to be the GO, did they know what Adeboye went tru to get to where he is today, can they survive what he survive, funny enough he is not awear of most of the preaching going on in various parishes, abd I am not sure he knows all his parishes talk more of knowing the pastors in charge. all this pastors that are leaving they jave only one aim which is to open their own parish, but they will want to lure people to their own church with this message

Rightly said sir. God shall help us
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
acmilan1:

shut up gullible thing, it is people like you that are giving us problem in this country.

easyly decieved by the bible u mean cuz i am nt understanding? I am too tired to pick a fight with u for calling yourself a thing cuz u r personanongrata to me..
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by Fourwinds: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
ITbomb:

Summary

Is that so....come and take the money nau

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by KaptainAfrika: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
Except the thief that made heaven...read your bible nna.

ITbomb:

Summary

Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by regma: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
This issue of Tithes should be last things. Salvation of our souls should be the priority of each child of God
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by akum78: 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
ABEG GO AND PACK --
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by bobydo: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
Must everybody go to heaven? God created hell so some people can dwell there. Stop instilling fear in people life with hell
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

I think your miss conception is in thinking that after the death of Jesus everything in the Old Testament was done away with. That's no true. Jesus, before His death obeyed the law to the letter and according to Him it was to fulfill all righteousness. After His death, certain practices especially animal sacrifices was done away with, that's not difficult to understand now.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

The verse above clearly shows you God's commandment, a principle like sowing and reaping. Do you think the death of Jesus did away with that command/principle? No!

Where was the tithe to be brought? into God's storehouse. In the house of God or store house, who do you meet to collect it? Obviously God's representative, the priest or pastor.

At the time this command was made, majority, if not all the people where farmers, so what tithes will they bring? In some cases too, they where asked to bring the financial equivalent if the storehouse was too far and the tithe too heavy.

Today, we have lots of white collar, office jobs. Shouldn't they give their tithes? Does 'all the tithes' not apply to them?.

Are there not references of the Old Testament in the New Testaments, if everything there is abolished, then why use them as examples of what should be done?

Certainly, we have human greed playing out here as well with some pastors using it as a means of self enrichment. But that does not abolish the word of God. They will answer to God for that.

May God guide us all.
stop been mischievious dear.The law of tithes was instituted by Moses in Deuterenomy and not by malachi.Malachi didnt institute any new law rather was quoting the jewish law originally instituted by moses.The death of Jesus on the cross abolished the entire jewish law including tithes.This was confirmed by the first church council in jerusalem.That was why the early church in the bible never practised tithing
Re: RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
Primesky:

May God guide us all.
stop been mischievious dear.The law of tithes was instituted by Moses in Deuterenomy and not by malachi.Malachi didnt institute any new law rather was quoting the jewish law originally instituted by moses.The death of Jesus on the cross abolished the entire jewish law including tithes.This was confirmed by the first church council in jerusalem.That was why the early church in the bible never practised tithing.The bible also makes it clear that any spirit that tells us anything contrary to what the apostles taught us in the scriptures is not of God.Any spirit that tells christians to tithe contrary to the scriptures is of the anti-christ.

Apostle Paul worked harder than todays pastors and never demanded tithes from his flocjk.Ditto the other apostles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / Primate Ayodele Releases 2024 Prophecies On Akpabio, Ekpa, Igboho, Wike, Others / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.