Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (77108 Views)

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by annibro(f): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is my Opinion. Ever since Jonathan removed the Arabic inscriptions on the former N100 note, this APC govt has refused to Print new ones cos anything Arabic to them is Islamic.
They don't want to print new ones without the inscription, neighter can they bring back the old or Print on the new. All eyes are watching.
I said this 2 yrs ago as a joke, now it is beginning to sound true. It is the TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by andyanders: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Corruption was responsible 'cus the directors of the currency printing co and top officials of the Apex Bank then used fake quality papers in minting the 100 note and the money shared among themselves. How can they come out to deffend themselves that they never knew that they used low fake paper to produce the 100 naira note. That is how bad our leaders are.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by papoose321: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
Cos the powers dat be have refuse to print new 1s Cos it does not have the printed logos of the Northern caliphate.. they want the old 1s to fade out
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by annibro(f): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Luckyabuchi:
Someone is saying something about the Arabic inscription on the note that was removed and because of it the present government refused to re-mint the note, too bad if you ask me, why was the Arabic inscription there at the first place, is Arabic our official language?
Somethings will never change when some people are think others for a fool

Yes u got it. It's all about the INSCRIPTION.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by introvertedsoul: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is untidy because it is Yoloba . . . AWO!
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by somehow: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
I bet you, you won't grow up to his age. Na the holy book talk am.
Dayvhid:
See wetin pesin dey disturb themselves with
100 naira

Buhari na idiot angry angry angry
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
somehow:
I bet you, you won't grow up to his age. Na the holy book talk am.
I don't believe in your holy book..... So shove it up your broke 100 naira ass grin
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by obonujoker(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
No Arabic inscription on it na....
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Luckyabuchi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
annibro:

Yes u got it. It's all about the INSCRIPTION.

Its saddening
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by hisgrace090: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
Former central bank gov remove Arabic writing on it an this govt refuse to have anything to do with 100 naira note.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by somehow: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
That's why you can't get to old age. Believe it or not.
Dayvhid:

I don't believe in your holy book..... So shove it up your broke 100 naira ass grin
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry You Christians think you're wise. GEJ stylishly removed the Islamic inscription on the 100 naira note and you people expect the buhari administration to keep printing that infidel money at the detriment of we Muslims. It will never happen. Keep spending those rag notes till 100 naira goes to oblivion. Then we can reprint the old note with Islamic inscription
GEJ did well by removing the arabic inscription on the cetenary #100 notes because Nigeria's official language is English and not Arabic. Mind you English language is not a Christian language

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Kuulest(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
The New/Recent One Hundred Naira Note marks the Centenary 1914-2014.

But ever since the celebration in 2014, CBN hasn't review the datings of the more recent notes.

Check it.

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Daddyboy101(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thatz bcoz since Buhari came into power...nothing has never been the same except BAD ROADS_BAD goverment_FULANI HERBMENS_...
Well let me just continue eating my Beans N Fried Potatoes
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Johnson5258: 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
This ones are even better, funny of all, people don't reject it again because it has become norms.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
somehow:
That's why you can't get to old age. Believe it or not.
Nigga
Kill yourself

Not everyone wants to become old grin grin grin grin
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Chibabe1(f): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
there are new 100 naira notes. Some time last week i saw a keke napep rider with lots of neat 100 naira notes but the bástard dipped his hand into his pocket and gave me a burnt beyond recognition note dat was tapped with white tape. If not for the love of God i would have kicked his head that day

grin grin
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by eluquenson(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
That notes depict the state of our economy
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
AccessME:
Nigeria economy under PMB is a failure in all ramifications

You have a right to your personal opinion.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by iamawara(m): 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry You Christians think you're wise. GEJ stylishly removed the Islamic inscription on the 100 naira note and you people expect the buhari administration to keep printing that infidel money at the detriment of we Muslims. It will never happen. Keep spending those rag notes till 100 naira goes to oblivion. Then we can reprint the old note with Islamic inscription

chai. That has nothing to do with religion. I dont need to ague this again sha. Try and knw the difference btw Islamic Religion, the Arabic Language and/Ajami
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Here is why bro and stop misinforming the general public
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/01/efcc-arrests-six-cbn-staff-16-banks-staff-over-n8bn-scam/

koladebrainiac:
good point bro. they have cornered that denomination before it gets to banks. and those banks sell these notes to all these money changers who in turn sell the money to owambe party goers . It now gets worse because banks could not take the damaged money to CBN because CBN would give the half of the money they brought back for exchange for fear of loss. I.e the bank branches will bear the loss .it will reduce the branch bank balance sheet. its costly for the CBN to make new note from NIGERIAN AND MINTING PRESS
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by phase1: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Arabic inscription politics in the reason why buhari have ordered that N100 will no longer be printed.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
Here is why bro
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/01/efcc-arrests-six-cbn-staff-16-banks-staff-over-n8bn-scam/

Edddie:
Wondering why all 100naira notes are dirty, squeezed, torn and worn-out this way??
Obafemi Awolowo's Potrait is used for that currency.

And he's a Yoruba man.
Period!!!!
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
Here is why bro

echelons:
Blame CBN.
The idea is that minting a single note costs around #40 no matter the denomination.
So it's cheaper to month the higher denominations than the cheaper denomination. Another thing is that the rate of exchange of smaller bills is higher that that of the lower bills, so it's natural that the small bills will deteriorate faster.
Now it looks wise for them not to mint smaller bills right? Well, no.
The consequence of this decision is that that macro economy is being affected.
That values of consumer items are being approximated to the nearest readily available notes (change). The masses don't get the REAL value for the items they're purchasing. And this is one of the major causes of inflation, which is now an even bigger headache to the government than the gain of the cut cost.

Buhari does not know any of these though, but I think the guys at CBN should know.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2018

AnonyNymous:
Since the 2014 "hundred anniversary 100 naira note", did the CBN refuse to print more? Are they trying to slowly phase it out of circulation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2018

andyanders:
Corruption was responsible 'cus the directors of the currency printing co and top officials of the Apex Bank then used fake quality papers in minting the 100 note and the money shared among themselves. How can they come out to deffend themselves that they never knew that they used low fake paper to produce the 100 naira note. That is how bad our leaders are.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Digitron: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
The reason is simple, no new 100 has been printed since 2014
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Lexusgs430: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
Simple solution, change to near plastic currency...... Polymer currency........
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Johnson5258: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
I Disagree, that should have affected other denominations though without a biased mindset. let's examine it critically.
blackboy2star:

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by adanny01(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:

I hold a similar opinion but not exactly the way you put it.

When the new N100 was released, alot of Muslims protested for the missing Arabic inscription on the previous one. I have seen Muslims publicly rejecting the note giving to them as change for larger bills. Back then, i thought the new note was never going to be accepted.

From the recent scarcity of the note and the fact that that note has not being produced since that 1st production, it could be that there is a conspiracy to strangle the note out.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by thesolutions(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
realmindz:
Who Else Has Noticed This About The 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation?

100 naira notes in circulation are mutilated and worn out. Secondly, pick any new 100 note and check the year of production, it is 2014. You can try it out, just check and surprisingly the year on it will be 2014.

Pls who can explain what is going on?

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA wants to eliminate the Centenary notes. That's why they suspended minting N100 for now.

They are trying to be conservative here. Just that they don't care about how the people feel. That's typical of BUHARI. Watching you complaining and laughing at you.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by nagoma(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
The new notes are on sale. The most popular notes for spray at weddings.
Dirty smelly 100 notes unfair to Awolowo who resides on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.