Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness (46344 Views)

I Have Bsc In Wildlife Can I Further My Masters In Psychology In The UK / UNILAG Medical Students Slept Outside In School Due To Power Outage / Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Newsprex(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Am an undergraduate in the University of Ibadan. I study Psychology as my course but my mum won't just allow me read the course in peace. She keeps telling and frustrating me that Psychology is the study of MADNESS.

The more people keeps discouraging her about the bad side of the course, the more she keeps discouraging and frustrating me to rewrite JAMB and choose another course. Meanwhile, she can't read nor write. She has a very strange mentality that can't be changed even if you advice her till 100 years to come.

Please, what should I do? Should I quit or just continue my stuff?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by greatnaija01: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Show her psychologists that are making MILLIONS and she may change her mind and even enroll as a part-time student grin

Newsprex:
Am an undergraduate in the University of Ibadan. I study Psychology as my course but my mum won't just allow me read the course in peace. She keeps telling and frustrating me that Psychology is the study of MADNESS.

The more people keeps discouraging her about the bad side of the course, the more she keeps discouraging and frustrating me to rewrite JAMB and choose another course. Meanwhile, she can't read nor write. She has a very strange mentality that can't be changed even if you advice her till 100 years to come.

203 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Olalan(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
You need to find someone who is well learned whom your mum holds in high esteem to explain that studying Psychology isn't the study of Madness

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Newsprex(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
Olalan:
You need to find someone who is well learned whom your mum holds in high esteem to explain that studying Psychology isn't the study of Madness

The man isn't living with us. Too far to be reached easily. I just need someone that will advice her greatly. I don tire to dey explain and the people living with me are making the situation worst.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Olalan(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
No one is too far in this age of calls making, also guess your mom is a member of a religious body find a learned person she respects there to talk to her.
Newsprex:

The man isn't living with us. Too far to be reached easily. I just need someone that will advice her greatly. I don tire to dey explain and the people living with me are making the situation worst.

12 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by mankan2k7(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Psycho- Mad person
ology- study of

Your mum might be right. can't stop laughing

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by MissRaine69(f): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
What is it that you want to do after you graduate? Studying psychology is one thing but from a career perspective what you do with that degree is another thing. That is what you should worry about. As for your mother practice some Psychology on her.....primarily the power of suggestion and also find out the root of her misconceptions.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by McBrooklyn(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lol...

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by phayvoursky(m): 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
First of all @ OP its "I am an" or "I'm an" not "Am an".

I know nothing about psychology though

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
The issue here is what do you want? What's your future plan with the course?

If you love what you do, go on with it and tell her you have changed it so she can rest.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by nabegibeg: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
Newsprex:

Is your mum in the university with you ? Don't be acting as if everywhere you go your mum has a gong shouting "you are studying Madness"

Abeg make we hear word and stop over reacting

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by eterisan(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
nabegibeg:

Is your mum in the university with you ? Don't be acting as if everywhere you go your mum has a gong shouting "you are studying Madness"

savage.. Please be gentle on the guy na

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by tenmariner: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
U need to technically ignore her since u mentioned that she isn't really lettered..psychology is a gear course. It's relevance is mostly found in the paramilitary.meanwhile, is Dr Babalola still in that department?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Fidelismaria: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
The ninth law of power says WIN THROUGH YOUR ACTIONS NEVER THROUGH YOUR ARGUMENT

no matter how you argue or advise her she still won't change her mind bout the course

The only way to change her mind is for you to be successful in the course
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by nabegibeg: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Newsprex:

I guess you are happy now that everyone is doling out advice.

Exactly what you having been thought in your pyschology classes is what you are exhibiting here and the ones consoling you are your guniea pigs.

Stop painting your mother as if she is all out for your downfall because the African mentality in you can't wait to paint her a witch.

After Una hammer Una go be the first to shout there is nothing like mother's love yet you go forget say na you don wash her for this forum as someone who is not lettered. Useless children

If you like fail to graduate then come talk say na the negative vibes you get from your mama no let you succeed.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by emeijeh(m): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
nabegibeg:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
Final decision rests on your shoulder but op do you think Fayose, Dino melaye, lie Mohammed etc are normal?
Most Nigerians are mad oh this explains why former militant/killer Ateke tom is now a king in his village, why Ojukwu is a legend, why boko harm will bury army tank in sand and Nigeria army couldn't find it, snake swallow, monkey ran away etc it's just that they have not been diagnosed yet thats why they are scared of mental assesment or psychiatric hospital so you won't be the first or the 100millionth go ahead

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by oyetunder(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin Oh that phycho smiles...remind one of Jack sparrow smiles. Even the lecturers in that departments are not helping issues. From expired coats to ridiculous impossible ideas.They can use their own unborn kids for experiments. They will give questions...They wont bother to invigilate you...and you are free to even use your notes and the Internet...yet you cannot find answers.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by psychologist(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Your mum is mistakening Psychiatry for psychology ....

Any which way, there is fortune in any of the two courses, because 70% of nigerian's has psychological disordertongue....
Ask NwaAmaikpe, drinklimca, andyblaze, sonoflucifer, sonofmark...

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Virtualaccounts: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lol! She thinks it Psychiatry you're studying.

Don't quit, just open Joro Olumofin's handle for her on Instagram, so she can see what he has made of himself with his Psychology degree.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by streetfabulous: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please explain to mama the difference between psychiatry and psychology and she'll be just fine. cheesy
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Amirullaha(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by martineverest(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
I like dat course
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by drinkgarri: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
She may be seeing some sign.maybe you have been arguing on tithing these days

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by OgahBohz: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
phayvoursky:
First of all @ OP its "I am an" or "I'm an" not "Am an".

I know nothing about psychology though

you have psychological problem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Lifeofpolice1(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
MissRaine69:
What is it that you want to do after you graduate? Studying psychology is one thing but from a career perspective what you do with that degree is another thing. That is what you should worry about. As for your mother practice some Psychology on her.....primarily the power of suggestion and also find out the root of her misconceptions.
after studying so called psychology he will still be in his dad house doing feed me psychology

#unemploymentisbad
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Shineq(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
mankan2k7:
Psycho- Mad person
ology- study of

Your mum might be right. can't stop laughing
Is not just might!!! she is right
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by canalily(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
Where was your mum when your admission letter was given to you and you paid acceptance fee? Boy go on its a 9ice course from generation to generation. When you graduate you come and tell me when am angry
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by BlueRayDick: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
How exposed is she?

You see all these our elderly ones always have this believe they have seen it all and know almost everything. Except she knows someone that studied the same course and was mentally derailed I will suggest you don’t listen to her and do your thing.

When you start making money from the so called madness she will come around.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by drinkgarri: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
You can register her on nairaland Yoruba or use google translate for her
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by MissRaine69(f): 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
after studying so called psychology he will still be in his dad house doing feed me psychology

#unemploymentisbad
Bravo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“I Am In The Bus” Or “I Am On The Bus”: Which Is Correct? / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam / JAMB Twitter Handler's Grammatical Blunder Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.