Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (102827 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2010
Barcelona still leads international club rankings

With the domestic seasons complete in all the major European leagues, the German-based International Federation of Football History and Statistics [IFFHS] has updated its international club rankings to reflect the results of the past season. Their verdict: FC Barcelona is still number one.

The IFFHS tabulates results from all major domestic and international club competitions and keeps track of the highest scoring teams on a yearly basis. For the last season, Barcelona and Inter finished in a tie for first place, with each team scoring 297 points. Real Madrid, Barcelona’s competitors from the capital, finished a respectable 25th with 202 points, well behind powerhouses like Werder Bremen, Fulham FC, and RSC Anderlecht from Belgium.

In the overall club competition, which tracks the performance of a team from January 1991 to January 2009, FC Barcelona once again reigns supreme with 807 points, compared to 726 for second placed Manchester United and 633 for Real Madrid and Juventus, each tied for third.

Barac the master
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2010
We remain the baba of all babas
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2010
Messi crowned best player of La Liga by ‘Marca’

For the second year in a row, FC Barcelona and Argentine International forward Lionel Messi (22) has won the Trofeo Alfredo di Stefano, which is awarded by Madrid-based news daily Marca to the player deemed the league’s best by a committee of 13, as well as by reader polls through the season.

The trophy is named after legendary player Alfredo di Stefano, who both played for and later managed Real Madrid. The first edition of the trophy was awarded at the end of the 2007-08 season. Di Stefano presides over the committee, which also includes Capello, Zubizarreta, Garate, Butragueño, Díaz Vega, Hierro, Luis Suárez, Quini, Cruyff, Zidane, Segurola, Amalio Moratalla and Eduardo Inda.

Throughout the season, readers of Marca are able to vote after each round of matches on whom they felt was the best player. Points are then accumulated, but the committee has the final say, which saw Messi receive 34 votes. In second place was Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, with 26 votes, followed by Xavi Hernández (15) and Gonzalo Higuaín (4).

Among the fan voting, Messi accumulated 92,705 and Cristiano Ronaldo 66,297. Other names that appeared in the fan vote throughout the season included FC Barcelona forward Pedro Rodríguez, Kaká, and Iker Casillas.

Source:www.totalbarca.com
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
we rule
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2010
yea right cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by kokonets(m): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2010
More than just a club. . .forza barca cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2010
Yaya will sign for Man city or Chelsea soon
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
It should remain remour
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^It's no Rumor, It's True . . .His Agent said it.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2010
Yaya'agent is really crazy.he actually confirmed he had sealed a deal with an EPL club.
pep wanted yaya to stay but will not gurantee him first team jearsy unless he works hard for it.
there is no point keeping a player whose heart is with another club,he can leave if he want to.
i will really miss him and i think we are not gonna get some crapy overrated player as his replacement.
pep is still learning and we can only support him.forza Barca
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
Sorry, i meant to type Rumor, chei, see wetin cold weather and woman dey cause, my hand just dey shake embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
@honerico! all follow my broda.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2010
ogazi007:

@honerico! all follow my broda.

lol grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
Barcelona President Joan Laporta Defends 'Fair' Bid For Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas; Finally Admits Yaya Toure Will Leave

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has defended the club's pursuit of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and admitted Yaya Toure could be on the move to the Premier League.

The Catalan giants had an official £29 million bid rejected for Fabregas this week, while reports have linked Toure with a switch to Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City and the Gunners.

Speaking to reporters today, Laporta said: "Barça is making a considerable effort. To offer £29 million for a player like him it fits for our transfers prize. We are in negotiations and let's see how this develops. Sometimes, this kind of operation is resolved in such a speed and sometimes, in other."

Laporta also said he had "full confidence" that Arsenal will change their mind over Cesc and let the player go, considering "the player's interest" of reaching a deal. Finally, Laporta said "it's not Barcelona's style" when asked if Cesc would use the 17th article of FIFA rules on transfers to buy out his contract and leave Arsenal.

Laporta said on Yaya: "Both Touré, a player which I really like and I love, and Dimitri Seluk [his agent] get a great respect from me. Dimitri does his job putting first the player's interest, and I always will be grateful for him."

"I would like Barcelona to keep Yaya, but, if it can't be like that because he wants to have more presence in another team and he guarantee more playing time there, then we'll have to see."
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
noooo, dont go!!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by DrKitaun(m): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2010
Pls sell Kaita too . . .and all other niggas in ur rank and file. Mscheew
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
Can you come and sell him for us?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2010
@kanye
na 35mil Barca bid for Fab not 29mil
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2010
I saw this on Soccernet forums and could not help chuckling cheesy

Fantasy Island: The Series (Barca Edition)

Episode 1

Short fellow : "Boss,  boss,  the plane,  the plane"
Tall guy in white suit : "Sorry Tattoo I'm afraid Fabregas won't be joining us this season, it's just you and me shorty, but we do have the nicest club in the world don't we?"

Episode 2

Tall guy in white suit : "Oh I forgot to mention, here's Kevin Palmer and Harry Harris our long time Island residents. Go On Tatts, ask them for some tips for the world cup, "

Shorty : "those fo@ls? Watcha talkin about Willis?"

Arnold : "Hey that's my line, I pity the fo@l who steals it"

Mr. T : " GErrrrrrhhhh, none of you can make my A team, but you're all short enough to play in Barca's midfield and attack!"

Episode 3

Short fellow : "Boss,  boss,  the plane,  the plane"
Tall guy (Laporta) : " Sorry Tattoo that's not Fabregas coming, it's David Villa. We mucked up our bids I'm afraid, "
Kevin Palmer : "What? But Harris and I have already announced to the world Arsenal's impending doom, "
Mr T : "Gerrrr,  Fo@l"

. . . pelts him with his bling.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
was that suppose to be funny? undecided undecided undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:59am On Jun 07, 2010
^^
More sarcastic by the author, obviously a Barca-hater.
Fantasy Island is the name of a TV show in the 70s, where you come to get all your fantasies played out.
I guess the author was referring to Barca as 'Fantasy Island', and threw in a mix of the Terminator and the A-Team for good measure. Some kind of dark humour.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/valdes-signing-villa-is-one-less-problem-for-me/

haaaaaaaaaaaaa this interview funny die, just read the valdes interview with Spanish press
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
Guys wats up
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Barca stars in shakira world cup song's video!
dani alves bad sha.
pique rep simplicty
messi was humble and shy.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
Is it true Robinhó's coming to Barca?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^
I hope not. That would be a total waste.
Watching Cesc in the warm-ups make me feel he will play well if he gets to Barca. He's like Iniesta - not just a passmaster, but he can run at defenders and open up chances in split seconds. Xavi is too much of a ball passer.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
honeric01:

Is it true Robinhó's coming to Barca?
its just the normal transfer rumour,i think mancity wanted to lure Barca into some kinda deal that will see Robinho cross over to Barca and the big man Ibra to mancity as Mancini is a big fan of the sweedish lazy center forward.Pep had shown intrest on Robinho in the past and come to think of it the dude is flexible and having played in spanish laliga before,he wont find it that difficult to adopt to our style of play.we have other options in that position.madrid had their eyes on Di-maria but he still up for grab,Robben is another option.i would have prefer di-maria as he is still young and he can sub pedro often without making trouble in the dressing room.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
Its operation Fab must come home.Inesta is one of the best footballer on earth but i do not think we can afford another season of insufficient creativity in our midfield.he is just too prone to injury and hence Fab must come home by all means.i dont understand why Wenger want to keep a player that had declared openly that he has his mind elsewhere.they should understand that the boi need some trophies too and allow him to go for a reasonable price.inesta might miss spain opener,i wish him quick recovery.he was awesome in the friendlies he participated in for spain.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
With the slamming of outrageous price on Fab, I have
developed an unending hatred for that useless coach
called wengay. The boy stated openly that he wants to
leave and what that foolish economist cud do was to
increase the price tag.

@ogazi, where did u see that video?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
I hope not. That would be a total waste.
Watching Cesc in the warm-ups make me feel he will play well if he gets to Barca. He's like Iniesta - not just a passmaster, but he can run at defenders and open up chances in split seconds. Xavi is too much of a ball passer.

yea, you are right, but i just don't want him here, i dont want us spending too much on what we can easily get under our belt.

ogazi007:

its just the normal transfer rumour,i think mancity wanted to lure Barca into some kinda deal that will see Robinho cross over to Barca and the big man Ibra to mancity as Mancini is a big fan of the sweedish lazy center forward.Pep had shown intrest on Robinho in the past and come to think of it the dude is flexible and having played in spanish laliga before,he wont find it that difficult to adopt to our style of play.we have other options in that position.madrid had their eyes on Di-maria but he still up for grab,Robben is another option.i would have prefer di-maria as he is still young and he can sub pedro often without making  trouble in the dressing room.

Well, we can sell Ibra and not bring him another midget, nah, i prefer robinho stays in his Brazilian club, he's better-off there joor, Fab is welcomed.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by slimshay(m): 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
You these Barca boys dont get it do you?

Please post the quote where he made it publicly and openly clear he wants to leave Arsenal.

You guys just dont get it. . . . .which is a real pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UCL (5 - 4) On 28th May 2016 / Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.