Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (103064 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:34pm On May 21, 2011
Did I just say Afellay should go to Arsenal? NO EFFING WAY!!! He just scored a cracker against Malaga.

Okay . . . I just took us to 100, guys!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Did I just say Afellay should go to Arsenal? NO EFFING WAY!!! He just scored a cracker against Malaga.

Okay . . . I just took us to 100, guys!
Wonderful assist from Sergi Roberto for that Afellay goal.
Our B team just whooped a Malaga side that are undefeated in 6 games at their own backyard
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:06pm On May 21, 2011
Two great goalies playing their last professional games today.
La Masia graduate Francesc Arnau played 5 minutes in Malaga's 1-3 loss to FCB, while Liverpool ex-stalwart Jerzey Dudek is right now playing for Madrid against Almeria.

They have our best wishes as they move on from footie to other pursuits. wink

Also, FC Barcelona become the first La Liga side to score a goal in every single away game in a single season. Yet another team record broken this season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by 10cirenoh: 7:17pm On May 21, 2011
Nice game 100 points uhmmm
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 7:17pm On May 21, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Coming from a Madrid fan . . . I owe you a beer if we jam somewhere grin

I have always said we need Cesc. The young boys are . . . well, young. Also quite naive. They understand the passing game, but are not able to define the final ball. Thiago needs lots of experience to play at the top level in Europe. He's no Messi or CR7. He's talented but no prodigy in my view.

Maybe they should do a 30m euros + Bojan and Afellay/Jeffren deal for Cesc.

Please remove afellay and bojan from that list oo o , they are the foundation for a barca option B because even wenger just said that everyone knows how barca will play  grin. Thiago is a prodigy of xavi but more skilled and versatile because he can play in different positions. Xavi is just like him to but by playing with other players like iniesta, eto, deco and ronaldinho he was able to understand the final thinking play.

Thiago to me is very good, even better than cesc but getting cesc should not be in the nearest future if not for his desire to leave arsenal. The price tag on him is worth it only if he is going to some other club but coming to barca?, nah it is too much. There are able replacement for him and no valuable player should be traded for him.

I hear bojan will be traded for rossi but that will definitely mean no buy back clause or a another cesc in the future. I really pity those Barca B team, i would not even have any ambition if after all my effort i will not be promoted to the first division. But these boys are very capable to take over from the senior team in my opinion without much changes.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 21, 2011
I think we have a good future ahead of us. This possession football mentality have really permeated thru to our team B. They only need Messi-like killer effect.

It is good to rap up this yet another wonderful season with an excellent display. 1 - 3 is impressive .96 pts is cool with a total 94 league goals. Our stingy defence only picked the ball from the back of the net on a record 21 occasions. Thus, being the best attacking and defending side for the season.

Afellay is the main man. Good he scored his first league goal before the end of the season. No doubt he will get more playtime next season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2011
Pharoh:

Please remove afellay and bojan from that list oo o , they are the foundation for a barca option B because even wenger just said that everyone knows how barca will play  grin. Thiago is a prodigy of xavi but more skilled and versatile because he can play in different positions. Xavi is just like him to but by playing with other players like iniesta, eto, deco and ronaldinho he was able to understand the final thinking play.

Thiago to me is very good, even better than cesc but getting cesc should not be in the nearest future if not for his desire to leave arsenal. The price tag on him is worth it only if he is going to some other club but coming to barca?, nah it is too much. There are able replacement for him and no valuable player should be traded for him.

I hear bojan will be traded for rossi but that will definitely mean no buy back clause or a another cesc in the future. I really pity those Barca B team, i would not even have any ambition if after all my effort i will not be promoted to the first division. But these boys are very capable to take over from the senior team in my opinion without much changes.
IMO, Thiago and Xavi are different kinds of midfielders. Thiago is a box-to-box style midfielder like Essien, Scholes or Ever Banega.

1 Like

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 9:02pm On May 21, 2011
medjai:

IMO, Thiago and Xavi are different kinds of midfielders. Thiago is a box-to-box style midfielder like Essien, Scholes or Ever Banega.

You are surely right but as i see it, he will be made to fill in xavi's position and might become relaxed like him over time. He will surely be more effective if he is given an advanced role forward like iniesta but now i see him more drawing back to pick the ball from the defense and distribute it forward.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:45pm On May 21, 2011
If only we could send Fontas and Batra to England to play for a couple of seasons like Pique, and get them back in a couple of years. Those boys have good movement, but not solid enough on the ball. Fontas is better. Batra is easily outpaced on the right.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Coming from a Madrid fan . . . I owe you a beer if we jam somewhere grin

I have always said we need Cesc. The young boys are . . . well, young. Also quite naive. They understand the passing game, but are not able to define the final ball. Thiago needs lots of experience to play at the top level in Europe. He's no Messi or CR7. He's talented but no prodigy in my view.

Maybe they should do a 30m euros + Bojan and Afellay/Jeffren deal for Cesc.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
forthe bolded maybe that sniff you mentioned sometime ago was actally being inhaled by youu unconsciously.

that is too much for cesc. na god?
latter you will complain about the transfer sales by barcelona(reference to ibrakadabra)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:40pm On May 22, 2011
usbcable:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
forthe bolded maybe that sniff you mentioned sometime ago was actally being inhaled by youu unconsciously.

that is too much for cesc. na god?
latter you will complain about the transfer sales by barcelona(reference to ibrakadabra)

You're right, it must be the high of thumping Crybaby Madrid for yet another season grin

Anyway, you're right. The guy is unnecessarily expensive. But Arsenal won't back down, and they might be forced to sell him. I suspect he is faking injuries just like Henry did in 2007, just so he can be sold. I still like him sha.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2011
Yes o! We have moved to our new house thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-669609.0.html
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by chelseabmw(m): 11:53pm On May 22, 2011
Thread Closed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.