Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Without Promises... - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78433 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Promises... by rosalieene(f): 1:59am On Aug 03, 2018
tnx for the update
more
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Pinkfeet:

lolz so you dey for nnu
My sister how I for do? Extra income abeg kiss
Re: Without Promises... by Kaycee9242(m): 5:41am On Aug 04, 2018
Well done op u are good
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 04, 2018
Babe,how far?Bin awhile?Hope ur good
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sansa143:
Babe,how far?Bin awhile?Hope ur good
Am fyn swthrt... Will update tmro... How is Jay bobo? Kiss him for me o...
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
We n good dear.Abeg send our regards to Zizi
SapphirePRINCEX:
Am fyn swthrt... Will update tmro... How is Jay bobo? Kiss him for me o...
Re: Without Promises... by badohemmy(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
Dearest SapphirePRINCEX, Please nau, come update. I gbadun ur tori
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
badohemmy:
Dearest SapphirePRINCEX, Please nau, come update. I gbadun ur tori
My dear, am hustling o Datz why I barely have time anymore to type... I even tot everyone suppose don give up on me sef embarassed...

I don't even want to promise cuz I no even trust myself... Maybe I write an save it in my WPS office den send it all here one day...

Cheers everyone... With love from Benny kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by badohemmy(m): 12:56am On Aug 21, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
My dear, am hustling o Datz why I barely have time anymore to type... I even tot everyone suppose don give up on me sef embarassed...

I don't even want to promise cuz I no even trust myself... Maybe I write an save it in my WPS office den send it all here one day...

Uh! Okay
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

give up ke, man must wack na.

no pro, jah bless ya hustle

miss u
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

Patiently waiting till whenever it is ready to be published. We dey your back. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the explanation. God bless.
Re: Without Promises... by afolabiwunmi: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kudos sapphire.
Re: Without Promises... by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Britney... Beauty without an iota of brains. No stain of sense whatsoever. Very annoying, childish and dumb even when you expect she'll have sense, the thing seems to elude her.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2018
Sapphire ion know why you're not updating but i'm worried. Don't let the story die like that. Please, I saw you online yesterday, and I hoped you were typing an update but you dashed my hopes.

Please baby, I really miss you, though I hardly comment. The silence is killing. I'm on my knees, abeg.

♥♥♥
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Sapphire ion know why you're not updating but i'm worried. Don't let the story die like that. Please, I saw you online yesterday, and I hoped you were typing an update but you dashed my hopes.

Please baby, I really miss you, though I hardly comment. The silence is killing. I'm on my knees, abeg.

♥♥♥
Am Soo sorry dear, Online work has taken a better part of me and I don't want to continue what I can't finish in a hurry, I have a target business which I pray God blesses by month end, if it clicks, I will be right on track from next month, start till finish... Apologizes to everyone... kiss

4 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
Who is still here

Should I start something new or continue undecided

As soon as tmro grin
Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pls, continue oooo

Welcome back ma'am
Re: Without Promises... by Kaycee9242(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
SapphirePRINCEX:
Who is still here

Should I start something new or continue undecided

As soon as tmro grin

how can u start something new when we are not done with dis one, continue dis one joor
Re: Without Promises... by moseph(f): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
continue o
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Something new ke, Continue ooooo
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Chapter Thirteen

My mom almost fainted at the sound of my voice, 'nyaaa o Olaedochukwu nwam na ekwu? (Soo it's Olaedochukwu my child speaking)" she asked amidst tears. I nodded in confirmation while letting myself cry too. I didn't realise how much I have missed my family till that very mom

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Everything I typed all wiped... I wee not cry oooo cry cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
Chapter Thirteen

My mom almost fainted at the sound of my voice, 'nyaaa o Olaedochukwu nwam na ekwu? (Soo it's Olaedochukwu my child speaking)" she asked amidst tears. I nodded in confirmation while letting myself cry too. I didn't realise how much I have missed my family till that very moment.

We talked at length, Mommy won't even let me speak on why I called, she went on and on about issues in the house, how my Dad was just recovering from a High Bp which was as a result of my sudden disappearance. "So how is he now" I asked feeling guilty about my act but fulfilled that it paid off atleast. "Your father wants you back Ola, do us a favour and come back home" she started another episode of tears.

Then I broke the news, I was getting married and I was coming home for the introduction the next day. My mother was momentarily speechless, then when she spoke, she asked where the man was from. "Mama he is from Agulu in Anambra State" I replied, I heard my mother mutter "Tufiakwa chukwu aju! (God forbid)".

I waited to hear what she had to say but it seemed she was having a long conversation with herself, then she cleared her throat, asked me all she needed to know about the said Frank and I told her. For reasons best known to me, I decided to conceal that he was a divorcee and fed her only positive information. "Mama he is very rich ooo nwokea ji ezigbo ego infact motor ya bukwa siren (his car has siren)."

That was all my mom needed to hear to give her approval, it was money or nothing else. She said she thought I had gone to mingle with village local boys without class. Then suddenly she asked like the words will be thrown to Oblivion if she didn't speak up, "Olaedochukwu, are you pregnant?". I chuckled and ofcourse the answer was a resounding No.

Mom said she was going to speak with my father about it and she was definitely going to get back to me. "Mommy are you sure daddy will agree?" I asked amidst fears and my mother laughed sooo hard, "Hapucha nna gi,(leave your father) e no get choice, no wahala so long as you love this man". That was all I needed to hear and I felt alot better and relieved.

Tbc

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
Later that evening, Frank requested for her number and they spoke like they knew themselves from the beginning of time. Frank would laugh so hard that for a second, I would feel an inch of jealousy. "My mom better not be flirting with my man" I thought as I went closer to sit beside him, maybe eavesdrops and see if I could hear my mom from the background.

"It's just fine Nnem oma, she will be coming back first thing tomorrow morning, I will come with my people on Sunday by the special grace of God" he concluded. I could hear my mom chuckle, she blessed him and wished us well.

"Nnem we are expecting you oooo say me well to my in-law" she laughed and continued "Ogoo by chi onye oooo". Finally, I hived a sigh and returned the phone to the owner. He went on and on telling me how jovial my mom sounded and how he couldn't wait to get to meet her.

The journey to my village was Soo dramatic, first it was the back tire, it just deflated while the driver was on a high speed. How he was able to take charge of the wheel was a mystery to me, I guess my time isn't up after all. The vehicle stopped in the middle of no where, so it took quite something for our driver to figure out what to do.

After about an hour of repair, we hit the road again. It wasn't upto an hour and the bus came to a halt. "Ohhh not again" I sighed, as we were all ordered to come down from the bus. All this Eastern Mass Transit would just provide dead cars for people going to Ebonyi State like they were travelling to a shit hole.

Just then, my phone rang and it was my mom, she was already worried I haven't arrived yet judging from the time Frank told her I left Agulu. "Where are you people now?" She asked, I couldn't tell cause I had been sleeping for a while in the bus and there was no signpost around. "mama, we should be somewhere in Enugu, I don't know" I replied quickly. "Onyenwanyi duoo gi oo (may the Lord guide you o)" she sighed and ended the call.

The engine roared back to life and this time it was hitch free till we got to Abakaliki, the capital of Ebonyi State. It felt good to be home after a long while.....

Tbc

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2019
Well done dear
Re: Without Promises... by Kaycee9242(m): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
well done op, but to remember what this story is all about is now a problem, its been a while u updated
Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:58am On Aug 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
Kaycee9242:
well done op, but to remember what this story is all about is now a problem, its been a while u updated
Chai that's why I have decided to stop it outrightly... Anticipate something brand new soon...
Re: Without Promises... by divinelypruned(f): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
SapphirePRINCEX:
Chai that's why I have decided to stop it outrightly... Anticipate something brand new soon...

Wow, something brand new, why not complete the one you have already started, what is the assurance that you won't abandon the brand new story if you weren't able to finish the old one
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2019
divinelypruned:

Wow, something brand new, why not complete the one you have already started, what is the assurance that you won't abandon the brand new story if you weren't able to finish the old one
You guys won't follow up on this one anyone cuz it's old and forgotten... Should I just kuku give a brief summary on how I want it to end?
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.