Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (56972 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by abiolamitodun(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Commitment issues. Fear of the unknown. Money problems.

277 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Women's entitlement mentality cheesy

316 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by highpriestess: 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
mmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by hurricanekatrina(f): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
hmm

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
as the saying goes:"why buy the damn cow when you can get the milk for free?!"

men are not SCARED of marriage, they now realizing that marriage aint shiiit, and you can be legally living with someone, having kids with her, love and care for her, without being taken to the cleaners if ever this r/ship ends. also, at the rate divorce these days, marriage is a gamble, and men might as well stay on the winning side.

marriage is a desperate issue for Nigerian/african women, and their lives depends on it (thats what they've been taught since birth) while to Nigerian/African men, its just a mean to have unrestricted access to a woman's coochie, coupled with a live-in cleaner and cook.

200 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by WebSurfer(m): 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
The troubles of women and getting married These days is terrible

48 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by GeeString: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.

393 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Olalan(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
The economy isn't helping as many guys are still struggling to find their feet, also the rate at which girls sleep around is making guys not to value girls anymore

141 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by skywalker240(m): 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
There are lots factors involved.
1 the ladies always wanting it big (talk of the week)
2 parents and mostly relatives with their heavy billing and conditions.
(our daughter just merit the best )

3 I have to be honest here, tradition is not helping with ridiculous billing (its our tradition and it should be a must 2 do this particular part to complete the rites)
4 peer discouragement, (some of my freinds keep trying 2 instill fear in my mind. Wetin... maKe man pikin reach 40yrs before things go soft ?j grin )
5 The economy picks 92% problem why young men shy away 4rm it. so they hustle 4rm their mid 20s to early 40s(thats when a man is stable in this )
The expense involved. both traditional marraige and white... abt 2 go and collect the list 4 mine soon. can u beleive what my woman told me?

she said am gonna collect a peice of paper with requirements for the sum of eight 2 h ten thousand naira (dats what her coz told her)

10k 4 just a 53peice of paper

how the main marraige go come be .

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re 38, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by hisgrace090: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
Materialistic nature of today's women is something else.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
When you’re 35, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife.

...and at the rate at which young women are desperate to marry, he would easily find one (25 or younger) if he desires to do so at 35, 45 or even 70 (ask Oshiomole). but the fact that you would expect him to do so, right now, even though he clearly doesnt want to, is where the issue lies.

let each and everyone live their lives the way they see fit. those that want to get married, let them get married...and the ones that dont, equally shouldnt get married and be happy

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by phayvoursky(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
Simple answer.
Women can't be trusted.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

...and at the rate at which young women are desperate to marry, he would easily find one (25 or younger) if he desires to do so at 35, 45 or even 70 (ask Oshiomole). but the fact that you would expect him to do so, right now, even though he clearly doesnt want to, is where the issue lies.

let each and everyone live their lives the way they see fit. those that one to get married, let them get married...and the ones that dont, equally shouldnt get married and be happy
Easily? With all this paranoia and fear he has about marriage, what makes you think he’ll easily get married at 38? Getting married is not just a snap on the finger, especially with his mindset. Each to their own, not forcing him at all. Just stating what is bound to happen in a few years. If he wants to be single forever, then so be it.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
Easily? With all this paranoia and fear he has about marriage, what makes you think he’ll easily get married at 38? Getting married is not just a snap on the finger, especially with his mindset. Each to their own, not forcing. Just stating what is bound to happen in a few years.

but the problem here is...
A) if a man does NOT want to get married, then that should be the end of the discussion
B) it can NEVER be the end of discussion because this is not about men, but it is solely about WOMEN (and their body clock) who are the ones desperate to find a mate (at any cost) and who would therefore see men unwilling to get married as an abomination (but hey, who will marry them single babes if baby mamas are willing to settle with men unmarried?!?)
C) you are trying to scare this man by telling him about what "may" happen in a few yrs.....while we all know that this aint true.
D) but even if it was true, the way women are desperate to get married these days, ANY man of ANY age, with the right economic status (aka a good job/house/pocket money), can find 10 women to marry, on ANY given day of the week, in Nigeria.

so the important question would be: why the rush for marriage?!

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

but the problem here is...
A) the man does NOT want to get married, and that should be the end of the discussion
B) it can NEVER be the end of discussion because this is not about men, but it is solely about WOMEN (and their body clock) who are the ones desperate to find a mate (at any cost) and who would therefore see men unwilling to get married as an abomination (but hey, who will marry them single babes if baby mamas are willing to settle with men unmarried?!?)
C) you are trying to scare this man by telling him about what "may" happen in a few yrs.....while we all know that this aint true.
D) but even if it was true, the way women are desperate to get married these days, ANY man of ANY age, with the right economic status (aka a good job/house/and pocket money), can find 10 women to marry, on ANY given day of the week, in Nigeria.

so the important question would be: why the rush for marriage
women are getting married every Saturday, like I said it’s not my problem. He is one man out of 7 billion, and he’ll probably still get married anyway. Social media is an avenue for people to express their thoughts that they’ll never act on anyways most of the time. I could care less, just stating the obvious.

Your D point, honey it’s not that easy. It’s even harder for men to settle down because there’s a lot that comes with it. They have a lot to lose and like you insinuated, there’s not a lot of ‘good women’ out there. So face the reality smiley

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by MissRaine69(f): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
I think you have answered your own question OP.
Some go for the baby momma route in an attempt to tie the man down. And for some it happens 2-3 times
Besides how many men ( in this rather unfavourable financial time) can afford to marry when some women demand a salary, 3 bed house , 2 cars and 2 house helps! Being single seems so much preferable.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
GeeString:

Goodnight.
Ur points are so pointless that they don't need to be disaproved. B4 nailing the Nigerian ladies, it is adviceable to make research on non Nigerian ladies.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by skywalker240(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re (b)38(/b), single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.

If am correct, thats the same age range your present guy is.
Kai i can imagine gthe pressure from his family. He is maybe yet to learn the hard way abi? and who told you toks2008 is single?.. Woman,
if u have noting reasonable to argue jst zip it up.r

Am starting tprechbills might be right when he called you double standard.

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
skywalker240:

If am correct, thats the same age range your present guy is.
Kai i can imagine gthe pressure from his family. He is maybe yet to learn the hard way abi? and who told you toks2008 is single?.. Woman,
if u have noting reasonable to argue jst zip it up.r

Am starting tprechbills might be right when he called you double standard.
Yes thats the same age, and he’s made it very clear that he’s ready to settle down. He spent his younger life playing around like most of you do, so what is your argument here? If toks2008 is not single, that’s great. But from what I know, he is single.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Grayjoy:
Ur points are so pointless that they don't need to be disaproved. B4 nailing the Nigerian ladies, it is adviceable to make research on non Nigerian ladies.
They think non Nigerian ladies are special specimens that were created from gold dust. It will shock you!!!!! Some of my non naija friends are devils in disguise Loool. They are probably worse, they will suck you dry, but their brains are conditioned to belive anything from their country is less than others. I don’t blame them anyway.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Men makes excuses for not getting married because they can easily get what makes marriage unique effortlessly i.e. s*x.
There are quite a lot of them that are gainfully employed but refused to marry with an excuse that women are this, women are that.
While not totally against them, my question is this: is it not the same men that are sleeping around with some of the ladies and are making them untrustworthy?
You know, I think some are scared of karma actually.
Notwithstanding, I believed there are still quite a lot of ladies that are morally trained and decent out there.
Let me come and be going......

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
They think non Nigerian ladies are special specimens that were created from gold dust. It will shock you!!!!! Some of my non naija friends are devils in disguise Loool. They are probably worse, they will suck you dry, but their brains are conditioned to belive anything from their country is less than others. I don’t blame them anyway.
The thing is many of such people are yet to encounter non Nigerian ladies. When they happen to go out to other countries, they will change their line of thoughts. I hate hearing stupid generalization like he did. Even the Nigerian ladies, he is yet to encounter a quarter of their population in the place he resides.
Just like a song says "na after we go, we go know....."

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by skywalker240(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
Yes thats the same age, and he’s made it very clear that he’s ready to settle down. He spent his younger life playing around like most of you do, so what is your argument here? If toks2008 is not single, that’s great. But from what I know, he is single.
The argument here is Why must there be a lesson 2 learn? let the guy be. he spoked 4rm experience (which we know its 97% correct abt you lady folks.) and not all young men play around.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Bills2307(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
Mcy56:
Men makes excuses for not getting married because they can easily get what makes marriage unique effortlessly i.e. s*x.
There are quite a lot of them that are gainfully employed but refused to marry with an excuse that women are this, women are that.
While not totally against them, my question is this: is it not the same men that are sleeping around with some of the ladies and are making them untrustworthy?
You know, I think some are scared of karma actually.
Notwithstanding, I believed there are still quite a lot of ladies that are morally trained and descent.
Let me come and be going......
go nd sit down abeg! Karma
Wetin?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
but their brains are conditioned to belive anything from their country is less than others. I don’t blame them anyway.
They are the ones promoting racism unknown to them. That kind of mentality is a show of inferiority complex and a sign that they are still in slavery.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bills2307:
go nd sit down abeg! Karma
Wetin?
truth, they say, is bitter...... tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BiafranDel: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Jaytecq(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Money and phobia of settling with the wrong one

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by oyetunder(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Are you sure? With all these wedding ceremonies almost everyday?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death / He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? / Baby Daddy & His 2 Friends Sleep With His Baby Mama After She Got Drunk And High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.