Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (56997 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BadBradley: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
women are getting married every Saturday, like I said it’s not my problem. He is one man out of 7 billion, and he’ll probably still get married anyway. Social media is an avenue for people to express their thoughts that they’ll never act on anyways most of the time. I could care less, just stating the obvious.

Your D point, honey it’s not that easy. It’s even harder for men to settle down because there’s a lot that comes with it. They have a lot to lose and like you insinuated, there’s not a lot of ‘good women’ out there. So face the reality smiley

7 billion? That's the entire human population of both sexes!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by geesunge(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
We can primarily attribute the reason why men don't want to get married to our economy. This is among the reasons why ladies also jump from one bed to another. I think, many jobless Nigerian ladies now depend solely on their boyfriends to meet their basics needs. A guy who's trying to balance financially now feels the demand for money will inevitably increase once the girlfriend becomes his wife. Therefore, the need to soft pedal before the lady pushes him to commit suicide eventually. The problem is, many ladies are just heartless. A guy can't satisfy them no matter what is done as a sacrifice. They have very big, ever increasing straws to suck their potential husbands dry. God have mercy!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by koffsman(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Very simple am scared of getting married and not stayn married G boys will always tempt Dem no matter what you do for them so long social media dey

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Lifeofpolice1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Really?
Would you mind explaining?
my brother I am feeling sleepy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by thunderbabs: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
We seem to have good knowledge of how marriage is like and we scared of falling or having similar experiences.

Mostly the bad parts..... Noticed our generation get tired of marriage early, so we singles be like, what are we rushing in for....moments where u see ur partner on ur bedside and u wondering why u ever got married in d first place. Coupled with female problems associated with marriage....all mks marriage detestable.

N.B My opinion doesnt even leave the rich boiz out of it too

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ugosample(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
yeah yeah yeah, story story.. next...

Aii
whatever makes you happy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by CSTR1003: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
my brother I am feeling sleepy
Okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
BadBradley:

7 billion? That's the entire human population of both sexes!

you get my point. undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BadBradley: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
you get my point. undecided
the only stat you need to know is that over 150,000 girls turn 18 in Nigeria daily.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by tosyne2much(m): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Aside the phobia of getting entangled with the wrong person, money plays a vital role cos marriage comes with a lot of expenses

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re 38, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.

No. 38 is too long. I am 28 & my Pastor, Family friends are already reminding me of my age and introducing me to women in the church that i know nothing about. My friend who is also 28 is getting married this Saturday to a girl who is 25. I am sad and happy at the same time.

The pressure is getting to me. I'm a guy & not even a lady.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
BadBradley:
the only stat you need to know is that over 150,000 girls turn 18 in Nigeria daily.
And?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by chris31(m): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
If all these naija ladies am seeing (both online) are the ones to choose from then marriage can wait
I made a promise to my unborn kids that i will get them best mom in the world

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss

Wetin wife go Chop, and awa daddy has worn us to stop chopping stone.

Well there is lot to be scared of, many of this secular ladies are dangerous, some dont have sense of marriage only materialistic

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by coolzeal(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Women marry men hoping they will secure financial gain and security. Men marry women hoping to continue their lineage. So each is inevitably disappointed.
Also remember that a successful marriage depends on three things: (1) finding the right person, (2) being the right person and (3) Financial stability.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
cruchenutii:

No. 38 is too long. I am 28 & my Pastor, Family friends are already reminding me of my age and introducing me to women in the church that i know nothing about. My friend who is also 28 is getting married this Saturday to a girl who is 25. I am sad and happy at the same time.

I always say the truth. Not favourable to all, but the truth nevertheless smiley
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
coolzeal:
Women marry men hoping they will change and secure financial gain. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.
Also remember that a successful marriage depends on three things: (1) finding the right person, (2) being the right person and (3) Financial stability.

Financial stability should be number 1 and not 3.
Kindly re-arrange.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mutemenot(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
It's simple. No wife materials, plenty of slaying mamas looking for who to devour

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by CarlosTheJackal: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
MissRaine69:
I think you have answered your own question OP.
Some go for the baby momma route in an attempt to tie the man down. And for some it happens 2-3 times
Besides how many men ( in this rather unfavourable financial time) can afford to marry when some women demand a salary, 3 bed house , 2 cars and 2 house helps! Being single seems so much preferable.
God bless you. You ve said everything while those kids up there continue making mockery of the opposite sexes to sound Nairaland correct
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by sammirano: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re 38, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.

Wetin you mean now?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
chris31:
If all these naija ladies am seeing (both online) are the ones to choose from then marriage can wait
I made a promise to my unborn kids that i will get them best mom in the world
80 percent of Nigeria women are ugly, can't marry ugly woman

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by zinizta: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.

when you generalise and use words implying all Nigerian women are oloshos ... does this logic of yours apply to your mother and sister too ? or is it only for women who you re not related to by blood?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:

lol 38.....am massively feeling it at 32
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Richydos(m): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
Grayjoy:
They are the ones promoting racism unknown to them. That kind of mentality is a show of inferiority complex and a sign that they are still in slavery.
Just sssshhhhh up ur mouth abeg Racism ko, crazecism ni
Just lemme 2 hear word pls

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BadBradley: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
And?

Women will always feel more pressured to marry than men will ever be.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
pcguru1:

lol 38.....am massively feeling it at 32
It is well.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
We are agemates I thought I had found a wife today but our genotypes didn't match. angry angry
cruchenutii:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
BadBradley:

Women will always feel more pressured to marry than men will ever be.
i never disputed that homie. I just said men also receive pressure too especially in their 30s, so you’re not completely exempt from it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by CarlosTheJackal: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
The problems are much but it boils down to Finance

Getting the right woman

new found Feminism

Emotional and Psychological factors

Experience from Married couples

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by tosyne2much(m): 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
silento:
am not afraid just that if you have money you will understand that marriage is scam

what can a woman offer me that i cant buy with my money

sex or children

my girl i wanted to marry in near future , was so desperate to marry this year i explain things to her but she no wan hear i tell a friend and he advised me today my gf no marry again and now i have 3 side chicks and they all beat her both in character and bed champions league

am not sure i can marry her again and am not planing to marry again in next 7 years coming sef
Baba I hail ooooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
GeeString:

Goodnight.
Geestring Na you talk this one so? undecided shocked
Wetin Nigerian women do you? shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? / Photo; April Fool Prank, Message A Guy Sent To His Gf / Photoshoot Trick: Man Proposes To Girlfriend After Tricking Her To Do Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.