Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (57039 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by bukatyne(f): 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ugosample:

not always true

A lot of men at 38 sef don't feel it much, especially when his mates gist him about the horrors they go through in their own marriages

The truth is that marriage to a large extent not worth it to the man here .
the wahala is too much

What is the benefit of marriage to women?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
40 is too old sef. Just hit 29 and see the pressure. You people need to face the reality, when you log off NL you know what’s good in your hood. You can marry at 60 but is that ideal? When your children are 12 you’ll be on your death bed. Commot jare.
my dear am in my late 20s and I don't remember anyone telling me to go marry. Got a good paying job and I have lots of girls I can woo if I wish. Lots but no pressure.

some of my colleagues who are 5 years younger and many who are older and much much older are already in panick mode and am just using them to play always grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ndubueze92(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
keep quiet.

Do you know your mom before she married? except she is over 45 or 50 then I can classify her as old school moms and even at that they still had hoes during their time.

My brother, our older mother's didn't have the opportunity like this generation, if they had they probably will be like our generation. Nothing special. Its human thing. undecided
When you mention opportunity, I wonder what you mean by that? Opportunity to do what exactly?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
my dear am in my late 20s and I don't remember anyone telling me to go marry. Got a good paying job and I have lots of girls I can woo if I wish. Lots but no pressure.

some of my colleagues who are 5 years younger and many who are older and much much older are already in panick mode and am just using them to play always grin grin grin
ok
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by AstroG: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Safiaa:
40 is too old sef. Just hit 29 and see the pressure. You people need to face the reality, when you log off NL you know what’s good in your hood.

Forget All these things your Blabbing abt
There is A Man in my Hood,he is past 40,upon all the pressures from everywhere to marry,he is yet to marry,but still very very happy. And another amazing fact is that he is Lawyer (SAN for that matter)

Not Everyone gives into pressures from people to go and marry
Like me,I don plan am say na two Babymamas I go get,no time to waste on these Nigerian Girls Op Aforementioned

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
you are not exempt from pressure, final. Being 48 and single is not an advantage to you. Accept it and move on.

shocked

i cant accept it and move on. Final!

Being 48 and single is very advantagious to a man if he get the following: money, sex, kids.

As for the criticism that would come from parents, friends and well wishers, the man would simply travel to another country and only come back once in a year. Simple and short! Trust me, as a man, i really enjoy being single. I love it like women love money.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
When you count the number of unhappy marriages ...
When you count the number of divorces...
When you witness the humiliation and spousal abuse both parties go through...
when you witness spousal infidelity...
When you consider the unrealistic demands of women...
When you realize 'most hoes a'int faithful'....
When you come to know that sex is cheap and abundant in our time...
When you consider the bad economy.....

You will be afraid of marriage too OP

That brings us to another question...

Why do people only see and use the negative to make decisions?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
AstroG:
[color=#006600][/color]

There is A Man in my Hood,he is past 40,upon all the pressures from everywhere to marry,he is yet to marry,but still very very happy. And another amazing fact is that he is Lawyer (SAN for that matter)

Like me,I don plan am say na two Babymamas I go get,no time to waste on these Nigerian Girls Op Aforementioned
noted
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ebuka2016:

shocked

i cant accept it and move on. Final!

Being 48 and single is very advantagious to a man if he get the following: money, sex, kids.

As for the criticism that would come from parents, friends and well wishers, the man would simply travel to another country and only come back once in a year. Simple and short! Trust me, as a man, i really enjoy being single. I love it like women love money.
noted.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by zudozz: 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
who they wan marry?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Safiaa(f): 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Arguing with them is like talking to a brick wall. Their ego can never accept right from wrong. Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Daeylar(f): 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
bukatyne:

Not to derail and as much as this can be a topic on its own. I'm interested in the answer to this.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ndubueze92(m): 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
keep believing based off assumptions. Smh
Till I get the chance, I'm just looking at my uncle after crossing he still came back to marry one small girl that's now giving them problem. Keep shaking your head sha.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
ndubueze92:
When you mention opportunity, I wonder what you mean by that? Opportunity to do what exactly?
Man is a product of his environment and not the other way around.

Our environment and opportunity shape us to a larger extent.

Our mothers grew up in the village so their mentality and exposure didn't give them room to see unfaithfulness and inequality as bad so many stayed in abusive and unfaithful relationship because that's what their mothers and their mother's mothers thought them, that was the norm.

These days "civilization" is being installed in our younger generation hence the change in characteristics.

Get my point huh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
bukatyne:

money and love to mention but few

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
AstroG:
[color=#006600][/color]

Very soon baby mamarism will be the new "marriage"

Humans, we keep inventing things to suit ever changing environment.

Nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamD18: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
Shugavee:
just hving fun!! Hving fun like men do!! B4 a lady is 23 the pressure has began!!! .. While The parent of a male child is setting up his future!!! B4 u get to 300l self as a woman, u r ripe for marriage!!!( U won't get it, u r not a lady) U think ladies won't like hving random sex too n being players!! But we can't cause the society has conditioned us

@1st embolden: Sometimes I laugh when I see ladies on social media hide behind "Societal pressure" as the reason behind their marriage desperation, society isn't the reason behind it, don't blame the society, you ladies are the reason and responsible for your desperation, nature has placed it for women's body to depreciate as they gets older, hence their desperation for marriage, because they no man will want to marry a woman who's her body isn't intact and fresh.

@2nd embolden: According to the mentality of Nigerian women, a man should be the provider in a home in all ramification, so I see no wrong in an early preparation of a man's future ....(I didn't dispute the fact that woman shouldn't set their future)

@3rd embolden, women have random sex more than men.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Dipdip(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Women have lost value because they are no more as supportive as they used to be.They are now overdependent and materialistic.All there care about is MONEY Gone are the days when Woman go they encourage him husband when things are down So what's the essence of wife just chase money and enjoy yourself period embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by krushdripper(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin tongue kiss
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Marriage is as fake as a China phone. Man is naturally not meant for one lady and a lady is created to be a cheat even if she's a pastor's or imam's daughter.

So forcing those two together forever is a ticking time bomb. Some bombs don't explode so soon until death helps out just like some of our parents but others do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Whenever I think about marriage or the thought that someday, I will be expected to marry a woman and begin procreating, my guts constrict, I feel like taking a shit, my heart explodes with palpable dread, a warm sensation of fear spreads from my head down to my heels. My fight or flight instincts become triggered. My primal instincts take charge of me and I just want to eliminate whatever threats, seen or unseen, that threaten my wellbeing: such as marriage.

Why do I feel this way? It is because I do not want to trade my freedom for anything, not just yet.

They say--that is society says--that marriage is a good thing, but I am not convinced I want this good thing for myself, at least until I am forty years old. What is the essence of life? Isn't life meant to be explored and enjoyed, and wouldn't the lack of dependants or people who have legally binding claims upon my time impede how time I can allocate to myself?

Marriage is overrated, it is a social construct that has neared the end of its universal usefulness.

I am not anti-marriage, but I don't give a rat's ass if I die a bachelor. A person can only suffer in old age if they did not save up enough money for nursing/geriatric care. The era of people being sick with worry because you do not want to suffer in your old age has gone past, gone to a watery grave where it would never see the light of day; this is most especially true of my generation.

Safiaa, you said a person who is 38 and unmarried would not have people to hangout with. I think, and I could be wrong, that your reasoning is flawed. Lots of young men in the 1985-1995 generation are decidedly anti-marriage. Even if they do get to marry sometime in their forties, the social environment would have changed so much in the coming years that it would no longer be a stigma to be unmarried.

Safiaa, your thinking is conservative, way too conservative as to allow room for liberal thoughts and life patterns. The last three generations that judged unmarried people as irresponsible will largely not be here in the next thirty years. And it is even more troubling that you think a person, on account of their marital status, will not have friends. What happened to work? What happened to them owning companies or clubs or associations or being members of clubs, groups, meetups? The world is changing and to be honest, I shriveled inside a little bit when I read that. It is both sad and depressing at the same time.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
Arguing with them is like talking to a brick wall. Their ego can never accept right from wrong. Goodnight.
The ego came with us from heaven.

Your creator made us with such feature so if there is ever any proposition at variance I suggest you talk to the maker.

Even like us men, he has ego cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Dearlord(m): 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hello Nairalanders!

Let me put this clear, men are afraid of marriage not because of the money involved but for the multiple sum of expenses that will be enrolled on him on the long run & fear of instability in once business.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Dipdip(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Safiaa:
you are not exempt from pressure, final. Being 48 and single is not an advantage to you. Accept it and move on.
Dipdip:
Women have lost value because they are no more as supportive as they used to be.They are now overdependent and materialistic.All there care about is MONEY Gone are the days when Woman go they encourage him husband when things are down So what's the essence of wife just chase money and enjoy yourself period embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by AstroG: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
SonsOfLiverpool:
Very soon baby mamarism will be the new "marriage"

Humans, we keep inventing things to suit ever changing environment.

Nice.

It not Fault,
Nigerian Girls and Economy Made it that Way
How will you channel your energy, attention and love to a Bastard of Girl only to have your heart broken by someone you think that loves u
MARRIAGES NOW ARE SCUM,
LOVE ISSA SCAM..
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:

we know that its wrong for us to have kids without getting married, and that is the reason why most of us get married- simply because its wrong not to. Some pple can live above this guilt and still be happy. Most pple are already doing it. A time will come when it would be very normal for a man to just have kids without having a wife.

Come make i cuddle you to sleep smiley
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by philip0906(m): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Daeylar:

As much as nairalanders fail me sometimes when I expect reasonable responses to issues. There are still some posts I see where some posters manage to do so.

Hoping I see such posts tonight, thread started on point with such posts giving reasonable answers before the "all women are this and that gang" came out and tried to veer the thread off track.

I'm trying to get them to stop.
Head to that site for lonely,frustrated and fat women -bellanaija and see how your fellow women "roast men". I'm sure you have done same too in time past-men are this and that. So I wonder why you are having issues with men in here baring out their minds.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:02am On Apr 18, 2018
AntiBrutus:

That brings us to another question...

Why do people only see and use the negative to make decisions?

Because to make important decisions informed by rosy optimism is the height of foolishness and the origin of failure

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ndubueze92(m): 12:03am On Apr 18, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
Man is a product of his environment and not the other way around.

Our environment and opportunity shape us to a larger extent.

Our mothers grew up in the village so their mentality and exposure didn't give them room to see unfaithfulness and inequality as bad so many stayed in abusive and unfaithful relationship because that's what their mothers and their mother's mothers thought them, that was the norm.

These days "civilization" is being installed in our younger generation hence the change in characteristics.

Get my point huh.
Man creates his environment and could well influence what he has created and not the other way round.
The point of being in abusive relationship abounds today more than in the past! girls simply stick to the relationship because of material gains etc. Your points aren't viable reasons for the great behavioral decadence among the ladies.
I'm just myself hustling till when I finally succeed, I will just buy a wife in Nigeria if I can't marry a non Nigerian.
* forgive my choice of word "buy" I think that completely captures my state of mind at the moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamD18: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2018
philip0906:

Head to that site for lonely,frustrated and fat women -bellanaija and see how your fellow women "roast men". I'm sure you have done same too in time past-men are this and that. So I wonder why you are having issues with men in here baring out their minds.

Leave her and her hypocritical mates to wallow in tears.

They can go ahead and masturbate over the comments.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by krushdripper(m): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2018
I haven't seen an update i love like this one in a loong time.. just reading through i promise won't say psst*
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Evince(m): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

but the problem here is...
A) if a man does NOT want to get married, then that should be the end of the discussion
B) it can NEVER be the end of discussion because this is not about men, but it is solely about WOMEN (and their body clock) who are the ones desperate to find a mate (at any cost) and who would therefore see men unwilling to get married as an abomination (but hey, who will marry them single babes if baby mamas are willing to settle with men unmarried?!?)
C) you are trying to scare this man by telling him about what "may" happen in a few yrs.....while we all know that this aint true.
D) but even if it was true, the way women are desperate to get married these days, ANY man of ANY age, with the right economic status (aka a good job/house/pocket money), can find 10 women to marry, on ANY given day of the week, in Nigeria.

so the important question would be: why the rush for marriage?!

Someone please tell me y when most girls hustle and get married, they still went and cheat with their ex that refused to marry them or the ex they couldn't wait for.

Why the hassle to marry then?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? / “Women openly buy and sell charms to entrap men" Lady blows hot / Mad Couple Making Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.