Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Worst Day Of My Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Worst Day Of My Life (537 Views)

The Worst Day Of My Life- A Short Story / October First - My Day Of Independence / What's The Worst Grammatical Error You Have Ever Heard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Day Of My Life by CowHard: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE...
The worst day of my life was a certain weekend that one thing led to another and I found my self broke.
Had only 3k on me so I decided to visit the barbing salon as it's a weekly routine and use the balance to prepare myself a good meal that will sustain me till Monday morning

On my way back from the salon, a certain woman living in same street called me. This young woman probably in her early 40s is tall, fair and heavily endowed. Pointing at my self I curiously asked " na me you dey call"? She answered to the affirmative.
With my clipper bag dangling from my hand, I headed towards her direction like I was summoned by Pontus Pilate.

Unknown of the fate that might has befallen me, I stood before her intimidating posture like I got her daughter pregnant whilst awaiting to be 'sentenced'. She reached to her car Booth, brought out some sport wears and gave me. "Ah all this for me" I asked smiling like they bought me Christmas clothes. "Noo #2,500 each" she echoed. I quickly withdrew the smile on my face and returned to default mode. Like I was under a spell, I started bargaining. "Give me this three for #2,500" I said effortlessly like I lost a job interview.
My case was compounded when she said I should bring the money as I was hoping to under prize the clothes and go my way.

I started weeping internally but smiling outwardly and awkwardly. Amidst regret I gave her #2k and headed home with my head facing down and hands joined at the back like I took holy communion.
Now left with #300 I decided to prepare pap and okpa. Prepared the list (okpa=#200, akamu=#50+jara, sugar #20) and went out to get them.

Quickly dissolved the pap and started pouring the already boiled water.
Was still pouring the water with vigor and waiting for the pap to become thick to no avail.
"please don't do this to me" I started pleading as the pap was becoming watery and already filling the bowl to the brim.
At a point it dawned on me that the situation was irredeemable as the watery pap was already spilling from the bowl.

With my hands on my waist I looked up like I wanted to question God why the day was such bad for me. Later decided to boil the pap after I transferred the content to a stainless bowl only to realize my cooking gas has finished.

To be continued....
Re: The Worst Day Of My Life by CowHard: 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
cc obinnau
Re: The Worst Day Of My Life by CowHard: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Divepen1
Re: The Worst Day Of My Life by Alexk2(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
Come back here ooo...
You must finish what you started tonight.
Kai see the way I was lmao all alone in the room
Re: The Worst Day Of My Life by CowHard: 4:18am On Apr 18, 2018
Alexk2:
Come back here ooo... You must finish what you started tonight. Kai see the way I was lmao all alone in the room
Lol....it's on the way
Re: The Worst Day Of My Life by SaiNigeria: 6:44am On Apr 18, 2018
Lol extremely funny

(1) (Reply)

My Watch Volume 2 By Obasanjo / Mother-in-law - Episode 12 / Dangerous Romance {EPISODE 9 Out}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.