Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. (54752 Views)

A Lady Dies After Taking Poison After Her Boyfriend Left Her (Pictures) / Man She Met And Made Love With On Same Day Left Her To Get Married The Next Day / Slaymama Held After Her Date Left Her With Bills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by authority2006(m): 9:18am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Nobody is asking everyone to be an entrepreneur. However, it is the private sector that innovates and creates not government. All the world over it is the same.

Apple, Amazon, MTN, Globacom, Dangote, Olaiya food canteen are examples of private sector jobs.

Talking about the disaster being imminent, man, it is already upon us.

We must all, collectively, have a different way and approach to wealth / work creation.

No government can create jobs for 100 million people.
It is impossible.

Not anywhere in the world. People knows that. But government can create an environment that enables investors to establish companies that will provide jobs for the people through different policies. The problem is that such companies are not springing up, rather they are closing operations.
People want to work, not necessarily for the government but there is just no any work.
Why are people desperate to get out of the country?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

You will pay tax with 1300 left.

So please, regale me.

First we are not sure if that sum is after tax but lets say about 30% is deducted we will be left with 1300

Accommodation 350
oyster travel card 100
Feeding 150
Misc 200
Total £800

She will be left with savings of £500 which is about N250k

So tell me if this is not better than the miserable 27k naija job

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by timesup234: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2018
£1600 pounds is abject poverty in London. Nigerians are easily brainwashed. If you make 200 k monthly you are a trillion times better than anyone earning that in London
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by obailala(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2018
Viicfuntop:

To sum it up, what you are trying to say is that the lady was right to come back to Nigeria
To sum it up, there was absolutely nothing silly about the lady returning to Nigeria to be with her husband to be.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Martin0(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
I'm a bit confused whether this is just greed, poverty mentality or just the typical African inordinate ambition for living abroad. If not, what is wrong with a woman returning to Nigeria to be with her husband? I know several women who do that regularly.

Or are you expecting them to be married and living 5000km apart?... Anyway, I think every human reasons in a different way and has different priorities. I personally kniw a Benin couple that have lived apart for 8 years now since their marriage simply because the woman lives abroad and they both would rather the marriage continue like this for life than for the woman to return and be with her husband (who hasnt been able to secure visa). One man's meat is truly another man's poison.

Mr man wait! Husband u said? Are they married?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2018
amazon14:

If she working £7per hr, and she works 10hr per day, then 30days a month, my dear that is approximately £2100 in a month, multiple it by N470. It's very close to a million a month which graduate in Nigeria earns such a amount?

If it is true minimum wage is £7 per hr, I might considere relocate to UK
UK would not give u a work permit to come do minimum wage job . if u go with visiting visa and try to work illegally, u would be caught and deported grin. during my stint in the uk, mininum wage was 5.5 . UK is a dead zone now, even menial jobs don scarce. beta try canada
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

Not anywhere in the world. People knows that. But government can create an environment that enables investors to establish companies that will provide jobs for the people through different policies. The problem is that such companies are not springing up, rather they are closing operations.
People want to work, not necessarily for the government but there is just no any work.
Why are people desperate to get out of the country?

I'm always an optimist and a realist.

The Nigerian economy is improving, even if slowly.
The stats all point in the positive direction.
The government has its role which includes security, infrastructure, favourable policies etc.

Check this, when rice imports were excluded from forex is it not the same Nigerians that complained?
Tomorrow, one Dangote might own the monopoly on locally produced rice, the same set of Nigerians would be cursing. But they forget they refused to take advantage of government policies.

Rail lines are being laid, but trust the youth, instead of thinking how to be pioneers utilising the rail lines or getting involved one way or the other, all we do is complain, deny or be completely oblivious.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:27am On Apr 18, 2018
timesup234:
£1600 pounds is abject poverty in London. Nigerians are easily brainwashed. If you make 200 k monthly you are a trillion times better than anyone earning that in London

I laugh at your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by obailala(m): 9:27am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

First we are not sure if that sum is after tax but lets say about 30% is deducted we will be left with 1300

Accommodation 350
oyster travel card 100
Feeding 150
Misc 200
Total £800

A lot of people on this thread dont get the point. The compatison isnt between the £20k UK job vs the N27k Nigerian job; the story here is about leaving her meagre UK job to return and be with her husband, heck! she might have not even had a job at all in Nigeria but what is wrong with a lady giving up her job which is 5000km away to come be with her family?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Accommodation 350
oyster travel card 100
Feeding 150
Misc 200
Total £800

What kind of accommodation is £350?
Na student house?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by authority2006(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2018
Martin0:
Nigerian will always remain Nigerian!

This lady got a different intention inside of her!

just imagine this?

Well all I can say is Nigerians are all scam, men and women are scam, nobody is exempted from my family, including me, we are all scam, infact that name Nigeria,should be changed to "scamneria"

How will you tell me u relocated to Nigeria, and you quit ur job too just for love?

This lady clearly got something else in mind...

juveniles and gullibles will believe her trust me!

You just assumed that people don't make stupid mistakes, that everyone is always rational at every point of decision making. You're wrong!
Or, why don't you tell us that "something" you think she got in her mind?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2018
amazon14:

If she working £7per hr, and she works 10hr per day, then 30days a month, my dear that is approximately £2100 in a month, multiple it by N470. It's very close to a million a month which graduate in Nigeria earns such a amount?

If it is true minimum wage is £7 per hr, I might considere relocate to UK

Its actually £7.5 and the good news is that with your work permit, you will hardly get anything less than £10 per hour but without work permit it will be difficult to even get a £5 per hour job and even when you do,you must be very careful else you may find yourself in deep shit.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Viicfuntop(f): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
To sum it up, there was absolutely nothing silly about the lady returning to Nigeria to be with her husband to be.

Okay, your opinion
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

What kind of accommodation is £350?
Na student house?

You can even get for 300 and a very good room with all bills inclusive...it all depends on the zones and location...even with 500 you could get a whole house outside London so it all depends on the location.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by AreaFada2: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2018
yeyerolling:
Minimum wage in the uk is around 7 pounds per hour. She was probably a cleaner or cashier. Meaning she had no beta skill. No wonder she took 27k . doubt this story abeg. No uk returnee wud take 27k job.

Wrong. A newly qualifies nurse can earn £23k per year. I know of some bank cashier (not Tesco's) on £25k.

Remember that 1800 is after roughly 30% taken away in taxes and other deductions like NI & pension. Most people do not earn as much as you think. Majority earn less than £40k per year. Check UK average income. She was on around £30k per year. Check adverts of many London city jobs like recruitment agencies and several other jobs. They are less than £30K per year. Many only earn more with substantial work experience.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 9:35am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

You can even get for 300 and a very good room with all bills inclusive...it all depends on the zones and location...even with 500 you could get a whole house outside London so it all depends on the location.

Guy, don't make me laugh.

A studio is easily £600 without bills and not even a good one.

Na you buy house for person dey you dey expect 500 for whole house? How much be mortgage?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Martin0(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
I'm a bit confused whether this is just greed, poverty mentality or just the typical African inordinate ambition for living abroad. If not, what is wrong with a woman returning to Nigeria to be with her husband? I know several women who do that regularly.

Or are you expecting them to be married and living 5000km apart?... Anyway, I think every human reasons in a different way and has different priorities. I personally kniw a Benin couple that have lived apart for 8 years now since their marriage simply because the woman lives abroad and they both would rather the marriage continue like this for life than for the woman to return and be with her husband (who hasnt been able to secure visa). One man's meat is truly another man's poison.

please before you say anything try and consider /think!

That lady failed to Discuss a long-term future with her significant other.

If it seems too soon or too awkward or too inappropriate to discuss marriage or a long-term, serious commitment to each other, then it’s too soon, too awkward and too inappropriate for you to uproot your life and move to a new city for love. If you can’t imagine a life together at least five years down the road, then stop packing your bags and stay put until you can.

Decide whether you’re going to resent your partner if you move and the relationship doesn’t work out.

Moving for love is a leap of faith for anyone, but if you feel in your heart that you’ll be bitter and resentful if the sacrifice doesn’t lead to the happy ending you’re hoping for, you should reconsider whether you’re really ready to make the jump.

I am very very sure, that lady never considered all these! Now where is she now?

They are not yet married, so keep that aside!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:

A lot of people on this thread dont get the point. The compatison isnt between the £20k UK job vs the N27k Nigerian job; the story here is about leaving her meagre UK job to return and be with her husband, heck! she might have not even had a job at all in Nigeria but what is wrong with a lady giving up her job which is 5000km away to come be with her family?

Everything is not about love dude...these days we must think deep and plan well...i have seen many guys relocating their wives and children abroad and many wives will not even mind their husbands going out for better life..who love epp?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by authority2006(m): 9:37am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

I'm always an optimist and a realist.

The Nigerian economy is improving, even if slowly.
The stats all point in the positive direction.
The government has its role which includes security, infrastructure, favourable policies etc.

Check this, when rice imports were excluded from forex is it not the same Nigerians that complained?
Tomorrow, one Dangote might own the monopoly on locally produced rice, the same set of Nigerians would be cursing. But they forget they refused to take advantage of government policies.

Rail lines are being laid, but trust the youth, instead of thinking how to be pioneers utilising the rail lines or getting involved one way or the other, all we do is complain, deny or be completely oblivious.

Thank you because this is getting interesting.
Now, assuming that I'm unemployed graduate and I want to go into this rice farming. Firstly, there are areas which is suitable for rice farming but let's leave that out.
How do you propose that I get involved? Definitely, not as a peasant farmer. How do I get needed support in Nigeria? Most especially land and loan? In Nigeria!
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Guy, don't make me laugh.

A studio is easily £600 without bills and not even a good one.

Na you buy house for person dey you dey expect 500 for whole house? How much be mortgage?

Oga abeg don't argue this point with me ok...you can even get a box room for 200Quid. You don't know what you don't know so be objective enough to know.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by timesup234: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

I laugh at your ignorance.
Most of you idiotts are brainwashed mugus. Poverty has reduced you to a complete morron. Now listen well and listen good, if you earn 150 k in Nigeria you are a zillion times better than someone earning 2,000 pounds monthly in UK. 80% of Nigeria in London will never be able to mortgage a home till they die. Note the word "mortgage". Even a briccklayer is richer than such person. Stop being a fool and idiott!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Martin0(m): 9:39am On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

You just assumed that people don't make stupid mistakes, that everyone is always rational at every point of decision making. You're wrong!
Or, why don't you tell us that "something" you think she got in her mind?

Mr man, that mistake is too expensive!

You quite ur job for love shocked
for a man?

hmmmmmm ladies eh strange things they do for love..
people like you will quite a relationship when ur lover Is too busy working!

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Oga abeg don't argue this point with me ok...you can even get a box room for 200Quid. You don't know what you don't know so be objective enough to know.

Right.

You could even squat but it is not the norm.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by authority2006(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2018
Martin0:

Mr man, that mistake is too expensive!

You quite ur job for love shocked
for a man?

hmmmmmm ladies eh strange things they do for love..
people like you will quite a relationship when ur lover Is too busy working!

Expensive mistake but people still do make it, even the ones that ended up taking their lives.
But because I was trying to enlighten you about costly mistakes people do make doesn't mean that you have to make it personal about me. Easy man.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by timesup234: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2018
AreaFada2:

Wrong. A newly qualifies nurse can earn £23k per year. I know of some bank cashier (not Tesco's) on £25k.

Remember that 1800 is after roughly 30% taken away in taxes and other deductions like NI & pension. Most people do not earn as much as you think. Majority earn less than £40k per year. Check UK average income. She was on around £30k per year. Check adverts of many London city jobs like recruitment agencies and several other jobs. They are less than £30K per year. Many only earn more with substantial work experience.
If you don't earn close to 30,000 pounds annually in the UK, consider yourself a slave and quickly depart the UK. and come become a roadside tailor in Nigeria. Nigerians are addicted to poverty, they get to a foreigh land and start applying the Nigerian standard to where they live, better mumus. People earning the median income of over $54,000 annually in America can't even boast of $500 in an emergency. If you make 24k pounds in the UK. you are a slave, a shameful one for that matter

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2018
DrinkLimca:
The way i see it as that her village witches were playing ludo with her brain when she came back to Nigeria..

It's like a Nigeria pastor delivered her and now that her brain is now normal, she is now going back to where God promised her to be...

Nigeria was where devil promised her..
grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2018
timesup234:
Most of you idiotts are brainwashed mugus. Poverty has reduced you to a complete morron. Now listen well and listen good, if you earn 150 k in Nigeria you are a zillion times better than someone earning 2,000 pounds monthly in UK. 80% of Nigeria in London will never be able to mortgage a home till they die. Note the word "mortgage". Even a briccklayer is richer than such person. Stop being a fool and idiott!

First and foremost i guess it is clear I'm discussing with someone with a very low IQ cos the true test of a sound mind is the ability to discuss issues without the use of abusive words and also the cognitive mental stamina to withstand contrary opinion without getting angry or personal but for the sake of intelligent people viewing this post i will respond to you.

If you skipped my analysis i will help you out once more...

150k in naija can never be compared to 1300quid meaning i had to cut off 700 from the 2k you wrote.

If you earn 1300 in U.K,you will live a quality life in U.K and still have a savings of N250k which is 500pounds but with your 150k job in naija you will have to buy quality life and will be left with little or nothing.

I cant believe you even wrote the quoted.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Martin0(m): 9:48am On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

Expensive mistake but people still do make it, even the ones that ended up taking their lives.
But because I was trying to enlighten you about costly mistakes people do make doesn't mean that you have to make it personal about me. Easy man.

I have only expressed myself to you openly, it better that way !
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Martin0(m): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

I have only expressed myself to you openly, it better that way !

well thanks for your little enlightenment!
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by onatisi(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Na you get time sef to dey educate ppl like that .just ignore am
Toks2008:

First and foremost i guess it is clear I'm discussing with someone with a very low IQ cos the true test of a sound mind is the ability to discuss issues without the use of abusive words and also the cognitive mental stamina to withstand contrary opinion without getting angry or personal but for the sake of intelligent people viewing this post i will respond to you.

If you skipped my analysis i will help you out once more...

150k in naija can never be compared to 1300quid meaning i had to cut off 700 from the 2k you wrote.

If you earn 1300 in U.K,you will live a quality life in U.K and still have a savings of N250k which is 500pounds but with your 150k job in naija you will have to buy quality life and will be left with little or nothing.

I cant believe you even wrote the quoted.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by anitank(f): 9:56am On Apr 18, 2018
850k naira is below £2000 and she’d struggle to even save money if she lives alone. Don’t make it look like she was living in affluence in the UK but left it for penury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2018
Just to clear up some bits on here. A monthly wage of £1800 is quoted gross not net because deductions vary, there might be student loans and other stuff which we do not know.

That said this translates to £21,600 pa.

Take home pay calculation is.

Gross pay = 21,600
Personal Allowance (18/19). (11,850)
- - - - - - - -
10,100@20%= 1950

National insurance (21600-6032)*12%=1868
Total deduction= 21600-(1950+1868)=17781.84

Net pay monthly=17781.84\12
=£1481.82

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Weds Her Oyinbo Husband At The Ikoyi Registry Lagos (Pics/Video) / Liberian Women Shade Each Other On Social Media Over Flashing Of Boobs / Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.