Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu (8157 Views)

Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by AutoJoshNG: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2018
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Tuesday said that the State Government would immediately take over the ABAT Truck Terminal Orile-Iganmu and commence immediate repairs on the terminal as part of efforts to permanently address the perennial traffic in Apapa axis majorly caused by breakdown of operations at the ports.

Governor Ambode, who disclosed this at the 2nd Quarter 2018 Town Hall Meeting, the 11th in the Series, held at the Apapa Amusement Park, said he was seriously concerned about the hardship residents in the axis were being subjected to as a result of the activities of containerized trucks and tankers moving in and out of the ports and tank farms, hence the decision to hold the meeting in the area to find lasting solutions.

“I cannot end this address without acknowledging that in Apapa, we have a major challenge; the menace of trucks on our roads and bridges causing endless traffic and loss of business time by Lagosians. This is why we have come here today. To see for ourselves and find a solution.

“Effective today, our government will take over the ABAT Truck Terminal Orile-Iganmu and commence immediate repairs to make the park ready for effective use. In the meantime, we will appeal to the Tanker Drivers Association to conduct themselves in an orderly manner and cooperate with our Task Force to ensure smooth flow of traffic and better access to the Ports.

“We thank the people of Apapa for enduring such harsh conditions but I assure you that this situation will be a thing of the past by the end of this year,” he said.

Governor Ambode said the ABAT Truck Terminal has a capacity to accommodate at least 3000 trucks, adding that the government was already working with security agencies to see how some of the trucks parked on the Western Avenue Bridge would be moved into the park.

“Already, we have cleared the shanties and the way we are trying to run it is such that we will be able to accommodate at least 3,000 trucks in the park. In addition to that, we will work with security agencies and see how we can move the trucks into the park because right now the park can accommodate about 300 trucks but the people are not using it.

“So, if I tell you that one of the areas that I always feel very bad about is this Apapa gridlock and that is the truth and that is why I have decided that lets bring all our resources together; let’s discuss with people; let’s also talk to the experts and see what is happening there,” he said.

https://autojosh.com/lagos-to-provide-3000-capacity-truck-terminal-in-orile-iganmu/

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by mrcharlez: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2018
with the way Lagos is growing.. i pity my state... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by sonofthunder: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2018
they urgently need to address their 'trucking issues'

1 Like

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Omololu2121: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2018
I hate to dey drive go that apapa angry

1 Like

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2018
Meanwhile, all banks in ilesha closed due to hoax for armed robbery attack

1 Like

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by fergusen: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2018
shocked
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Okundaye4(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2018
Thats good.

But sorry for those in Orile. Another demolision waitin to happen.
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 18, 2018
Wehdone from fry pan to fire.
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Macgreat(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2018
Some people about to lose their home and shop
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2018
Way to go Gov Ambode... the outstanding governor in terms of enduring infrastructure development.

In the meantime, let the trucks be banned from using service lane from Ijesha to Mile 2. That will allow normal vehicles better free flow.

Also, let them keep to 2 lanes on the express from mile 2 to apapa to enable better traffic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by junbi(f): 11:35am On Apr 18, 2018
Also the residential areas leading to the Apapa port are on lock down cry
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by seguno2: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2018
Future impossible tense just like the light rail that has been postponed forever despite billions of dollars in loans?
Who is Ambode deceiving after almost 20 years of supposedly progressive administration
No more clapping for any future impossible reports.
Seeing is believing from now on.
We have been fooled for too long. We have been seating around for so long.
#TakingBackOurCountry.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Timiblanko(m): 11:43am On Apr 18, 2018
Ambode !!! at list he has work more that our baba Called president
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by nabegibeg: 11:44am On Apr 18, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Tuesday said that the State Government would immediately take over the ABAT Truck Terminal Orile-Iganmu and commence immediate repairs on the terminal as part of efforts to permanently address the perennial traffic in Apapa axis majorly caused by breakdown of operations at the ports.

Governor Ambode, who disclosed this at the 2nd Quarter 2018 Town Hall Meeting, the 11th in the Series, held at the Apapa Amusement Park, said he was seriously concerned about the hardship residents in the axis were being subjected to as a result of the activities of containerized trucks and tankers moving in and out of the ports and tank farms, hence the decision to hold the meeting in the area to find lasting solutions.

“I cannot end this address without acknowledging that in Apapa, we have a major challenge; the menace of trucks on our roads and bridges causing endless traffic and loss of business time by Lagosians. This is why we have come here today. To see for ourselves and find a solution.

“Effective today, our government will take over the ABAT Truck Terminal Orile-Iganmu and commence immediate repairs to make the park ready for effective use. In the meantime, we will appeal to the Tanker Drivers Association to conduct themselves in an orderly manner and cooperate with our Task Force to ensure smooth flow of traffic and better access to the Ports.

“We thank the people of Apapa for enduring such harsh conditions but I assure you that this situation will be a thing of the past by the end of this year,” he said.

Governor Ambode said the ABAT Truck Terminal has a capacity to accommodate at least 3000 trucks, adding that the government was already working with security agencies to see how some of the trucks parked on the Western Avenue Bridge would be moved into the park.

“Already, we have cleared the shanties and the way we are trying to run it is such that we will be able to accommodate at least 3,000 trucks in the park. In addition to that, we will work with security agencies and see how we can move the trucks into the park because right now the park can accommodate about 300 trucks but the people are not using it.

“So, if I tell you that one of the areas that I always feel very bad about is this Apapa gridlock and that is the truth and that is why I have decided that lets bring all our resources together; let’s discuss with people; let’s also talk to the experts and see what is happening there,” he said.

https://autojosh.com/lagos-to-provide-3000-capacity-truck-terminal-in-orile-iganmu/

lets see how it goes
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Bustincole(m): 11:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Hope it will work

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Konquest: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Kaine Agary will love this and other
impending upgrades to Apapa axis... grin
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2018
Honestly, the traffic is something else.
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by DONADAMS(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
better
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Jsucre(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
grayht:
Meanwhile, all banks in ilesha closed due to hoax for armed robbery attack

Really? ilesa fear Fear people.
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by poweredcom(m): 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
that place don cast from apapa to olodi apapa to kirikiri town to mile2 to even oshodi

am making a YouTube video of it

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by sleemfesh: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nigeria politics is hapless.

What if the container terminal just before Liverpool bridge in front of Tin Can 1st gate? Will it now be abandoned?

I thought they said it was PDP at the center holding APC in the state. Is it not APC at both levels now? Why can't Nigeria work for once? Now they will go and start demolishing some people's future.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by steveDpro: 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
good one
Re: Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu by Revolva(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2018
Apapa Wharf Road Construction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ2Z0yVN1iE

(1) (Reply)

List Of Best Country To Live In The World - UN Development Index As At Dec. 2015 / Lagos Warns Against Picking, Dropping Of Passengers In Unauthorised Places / Nigerians Now Require Visa To Singapore!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.