Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber (17498 Views)

Top Five Senators Who Are Not Returning To The Red Chamber(pics) / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria / AGF Declares Omo-agege’s Suspension Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
life2017:
Senate President Saraki Is a Tyrant. Senate Deserve The Hoodlum Attack

Senate President Bukola Saraki has been operating like a tyrant and a dictator. Senators are given mandated by their constituencies and not by the senate president or senate committee on ethics. Senators are suppose to be opinion shapers.

Under Saraki, most of the senators have been intimidated by the senate president. The freedom of speech, freedom to agree and disagree of the senators are under attack. The senate is suppose to be a place of diverse opinion. But Saraki want to turn the senate to a single opinion chamber.

Any senator who disagree with Bukola Saraki is either suspended or removed from his committee position. He is running the senate like a thug or an emperor.

I follow united state senate and congress, US senators openly attack, disagree and question the senate and house leadership . The write articles against senate and congress leaders. They grant interview criticising the senate and house leaders. I have never see a case where they are suspended because of that. Even in the UK where the Prime minister is the head of parliament is still the head of govt, member of parliaments openly oppose, criticise and attack the prime ministers. member dont get suspended for that.

Try and watch UK parliament on BBC, members of parliaments oppose and shout even when the leader of parliament is speaking. Member of parliament hold media conferences and oppose the leader of parliament. Why is Saraki against any opposition in the senate? Why is he suspending any opposition voice to his position?

Saraki need to be cut to serve. You cannot just suspend a senator who was voted in by thousand /millions of it's constituent. What the senate president is found is a coup against Nigeria democracy.

Civil organisations need to protest and demand the sack of Saraki as senate president. He is too power drunk. He is bringing disgrace to the Nigerian senate.

A senate president is like a Class prefect. He is the head among equals. He should stop acting like one emperor.

The youth, men and woman of delta state should storm the senate and ensure no plenary can hold until Senator Omo Agege is allowed to seat. The senate has no power to deny any part of delta state fair representation.

Saraki has become a monster because Buhari dont believe in bribing senators with money. Because Buhari is not sharing money and Ghana must go, the senators have become a slave to saraki because he controls the payment of thier excessive running cost.

See you crying and wailing here but when the house of representatives suspended honourable Jibrin for exposing the padding of the budget by the executive and legislative arms of government did any of you useless urchins protest against the decision? No you didn't because he exposed buhari as corrupt and incompetent... But here you are screaming to the high heavens because Sarki refused to bow the knee to buhari...

You people would keep crying forever and God willing when Buhari losses the 2019 polls, y'all would be obliterated! Foolish people!

As for that foolish Omo Agege, I hope after this wreckless move of going to steal the maze, I hope he gets suspended for life or bags a prison term for it
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by limeta(f): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
babaolofin:

How about those who stole our money to acquire property, falsified documents & swore to an oath? Have they been recalled?

Buhari and family
You ve my support go after them
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by Newpride(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ironically, the House of Rep and the Senate are the two house when different opinions are supposed to be heard. They are supposed to argue, tender opinions and when they cannot agree, they hold a vote. Yet Saraki and Dino will not hesitate to mastermind the suspension of any senator who dares to oppose them.

Saraki has shown that he is far more of a dictator than Buhari can ever hope to be.

Worst is these set of nonentities who can’t secure the National Assembly mace which is their only reason of existence in that chamber accuse and alleged buhari on daily basis of not bn able to secure Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by michoim(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
foolish WRITE UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by 9jatriot(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

See you crying and wailing here but when the house of representatives suspended honourable Jibrin for exposing the padding of the budget by the executive and legislative arms of government did any of you useless urchins protest against the decision? No you didn't because he exposed buhari as corrupt and incompetent... But here you are screaming to the high heavens because Sarki refused to bow the knee to buhari...

You people would keep crying forever and God willing when Buhari losses the 2019 polls, y'all would be obliterated! Foolish people!

As for that foolish Omo Agege, I hope after this wreckless move of going to steal the maze, I hope he gets suspended for life or bags a prison term for it

Why do you guys like changing narratives that happened in our lifetime like this. I thought Jibrin exposed the fact that members of the House of Rep were including constituency projects to the budgets and removing important aspects of the budgets? At what point did Jibrin finger Buhari in any of his allegations?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

Why twisting well known facts to support propaganda. Budget padding & various other corrupt practices exposed by Hon Jibrin was only against the House of Reps member. Executive was never involved in his target. Both chambers of NASS have problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by Minjim: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
kinibigdeal:

Is that what they told you. I never knew Zombies have gotten this low

How many suspension has Dino Malaye gotten with all his thugish conduct on the floor of the House?

You only get suspended when you don't agree with majority.

They keep reminding us of Separation of power but forgot about Checks and Balance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by rusher14: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
9jatriot:

Why do you guys like changing narratives that happened in our lifetime like this. I thought Jibrin exposed the fact that members of the House of Rep were including constituency projects to the budgets and removing important aspects of the budgets? At what point did Jibrin finger Buhari in any of his allegations?

You don't know those are the people on the payroll of PDP?

They usually have name like Killer or the name of some despot .

Their duty is to change the narrative, confuse and insult to at least get you banned if nothing else is possible.

They have ready made memes and banners. Captions that take some serious effort to make.

They love to espouse prejudices, create anarchy and lying is their number one modus operandi.

Be vigilant.
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
9jatriot:

Simply answer Yes or No to these assertions.

1. It was when he raised alarm about the padding the budget came under serious scrutiny and all other forms of malpractice were found in the budget infused by the executives?

2. It painted the buhari government's anti corruption fight in bad light hence the decision to deal with him right?

3. Did your buhari investigate the allegations? No he didn't... Like a sheep being led to the slaughter, he followed through the path of cowardice and the case died.

My point is this... For the idiots foaming at the mouth and calling Sarki a tyrant and all that bull crap, why didn't they protest honourable Jubril's suspension for the HOR?

They are simply acting up cos the man has failed to bow to buhari. I bet it would have been fair game if it was a PDP senator who was suspended abi?
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by 9jatriot(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
This particular one is frightening, it happened not too long ago. Less than 2 yrs.
rusher14:

Their duty is to change the narrative, confuse and insult to at least get you banned if nothing else is possible.

They have ready made memes and banners. Captions that take some serious effort to make.

They love to espouse prejudices, create anarchy and lying is their number one modus operandi.

Be vigilant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Be vigilant.

So in your warped mind, PDP pays me to comment? Seriously did you keep your brain at home?

Listen boy not every one who criticizes buhari is a paid pdp agent... likewise not everyone who supports the dullard is in BMC.

I only made an observation and I stick with it. The Senate is a house of laws... I believe every action they take must have been perused over and mirrored before many professionals; They have a legal department for crying out loud! So if Omo Agege's suspension was illegal, their legal department would have advised likewise and Omo Agege who loves the court so much would have gone to court immediately! Don't forget the man's a barrister.

I only directed a question at the senator Sarki haters who are calling him a dictator... Why didn't they protest for Hon. Jubril when he was suspended from the HOR? Where they dead then?

They are carrying Sarki's matter like gala simply because he's bent on not bowing to the executive or because he wants to make a law they perceive would hurt the dullard at the polls, Who by the way they say is more popular than Mohammed; yet they are afraid of the very law that puts that assertion to the test!
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by earthcrust: 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
If u are calling Saraki a dictator what do u call Buhari?
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by rusher14: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

So in your warped mind, PDP pays me to comment? Seriously did you keep your brain at home?

Listen boy not every one who criticizes buhari is a paid pdp agent... likewise not everyone who supports the dullard is in BMC.

I only made an observation and I stick with it. The Senate is a house of laws... I believe every action they take must have been perused over and mirrored before many professionals; They have a legal department for crying out loud! So if Omo Agege's suspension was illegal, their legal department would have advised likewise and Omo Agege who loves the court so much would have gone to court immediately! Don't forget the man's a barrister.

I only directed a question at the senator Sarki haters who are calling him a dictator... Why didn't they protest for Hon. Jubril when he was suspended from the HOR? Where they dead then?

They are carrying Sarki's matter like gala simply because he's bent on not bowing to the executive or because he wants to make a law they perceive would hurt the dullard at the polls, Who by the way they say is more popular than Mohammed; yet they are afraid of the very law that puts that assertion to the test!

The treatment of Jubril was very much thrashed out here on this forum and many said the same.

You alluded to budget padding yet side-stepped that it was actually the insertion by the house that was the padding.

Saraki suspended Ndume and has extended it to Omo-Agege thinking the House is his fiefdom.
Spare us the story of following legal protocols. Since when did Nigerians at all levels follow legal statutes in words and in spirit?
Gerrahia.
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by nakamora: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
life2017:
Senate President Saraki Is a Tyrant. Senate Deserve The Hoodlum Attack

Senate President Bukola Saraki has been operating like a tyrant and a dictator. Senators are given mandate by their constituencies and not by the senate president or senate committee on ethics. Senators are suppose to be opinion shapers.

Under Saraki, most of the senators have been intimidated by the senate president. The freedom of speech, freedom to agree and disagree of the senators are under attack. The senate is suppose to be a place of diverse opinion. But Saraki want to turn the senate to a single opinion chamber.

Any senator who disagree with Bukola Saraki is either suspended or removed from his committee position. He is running the senate like a thug or an emperor.

I follow united state senate and congress, US senators openly attack, disagree and question the senate and house leadership . They write articles against senate and congress leaders. They grant interview criticising the senate and house leaders. I have never see a case where they are suspended because of that. Even in the UK where the Prime minister is the head of parliament and the head of govt, member of parliaments openly oppose, criticise and attack the prime ministers. members of parliament dont get suspended for that.

Try and watch UK parliament on BBC, members of parliaments oppose and shout even when the leader of parliament is speaking. Member of parliament hold media conferences and oppose the leader of parliament. Why is Saraki against any opposition in the senate? Why is he suspending any opposition voice to his position?

Saraki need to be cut to size. You cannot just suspend a senator who was voted in by thousand /millions of its constituent. What the senate president is doing is a coup against Nigeria democracy.

Civil organisations need to protest and demand the sack of Saraki as senate president. He is too power drunk. He is bringing disgrace to the Nigeria senate.

A senate president is like a Class prefect. He is the head among equals. He should stop acting like one emperor.

The youth, men and women of delta state should storm? the senate and ensure no plenary can hold until Senator Omo Agege is allowed to seat. The senate has no power to deny any part of delta state fair representation.

Saraki has become a monster because Buhari dont believe in bribing senators with money. Because Buhari is not sharing money and Ghana must go, the senators have become a slave to saraki because he controls the payment of thier excessive running cost.

You're on point.

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

The treatment of Jubril was very much thrashed out here on this forum and many said the same.

You alluded to budget padding yet side-stepped that it was actually the insertion by the house that was the padding.

Saraki suspended Ndume and has extended it to Omo-Agege thinking the House is his fiefdom.
Spare us the story of following legal protocols. Since when did Nigerians at all levels follow legal statutes in words and in spirit?
Gerrahia.
Lol cry babies everywhere! For your information, Sarki doesn't have the constitutional powers to suspend any senator. The ethics and disciplinary commitee does that. They recommend a law maker for suspension and the senate president simply wields the big hammer to protect the integrity of the house!

Why are you clowns crying more than the bereaved? Go check your dictionary meaning of the word Dictator or a dictatorship!

If it were against the law and Sarki went ahead to suspend them, you think the Senate would agree? You think the victims wouldn't take the matter to court?

By the way see you yapping here SMH ... I know you are one of the fools who were happy a group of people pursuing their right to self determination were proscribed and shot at and killed by your non dictator dullard while marauding herdsmen run amok in the central and southern parts of the country and even kill members of the Armed Forces without so much as a reprimand? Who then is handling Nigeria like his house and personal property or "Fiefdom" in your very own words!
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by rusher14: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

Lol cry babies everywhere! For your information, Sarki doesn't have the constitutional powers to suspend any senator. The ethics and disciplinary commitee does that. They recommend a law maker for suspension and the senate president simply wields the big hammer to protect the integrity of the house!

Why are you clowns crying more than the bereaved? Go check your dictionary meaning of the word Dictator or a dictatorship!

If it were against the law and Sarki went ahead to suspend them, you think the Senate would agree? You think the victims wouldn't take the matter to court?

By the way see you yapping here SMH ... I know you are one of the fools who were happy a group of people pursuing their right to self determination were proscribed and shot at and killed by your non dictator dullard while marauding herdsmen run amok in the central and southern parts of the country and even kill members of the Armed Forces without so much as a reprimand? Who then is handling Nigeria like his house and personal property or "Fiefdom" in your very own words!

Where is the mace of the Nigerian Senate?

Tell your Saraki to provide it immediately.
Legbere.
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Saraki expects elected members of the Senate to be loyal to him just like Kwara, the most docile state in Nigeria, is loyal to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by asobo: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=life2017 post=66815410]Senate President Saraki Is a Tyrant. Senate Deserve The Hoodlum Attack

Senate President Bukola Saraki has been operating like a tyrant and a dictator. Senators are given mandate by their constituencies and not by the senate president or senate committee on ethics. Senators are suppose to be opinion shapers.

Under Saraki, most of the senators have been reduced to puppet of the senate president. The freedom of speech, freedom to agree and disagree of the senators are under constant attack by Saraki dictatorial tendencies. The senate is suppose to be a place of diverse opinion. But Saraki want to turn the senate to a single opinion chamber who rubber stamp everything at his will.
WHAT A SHAME THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LEGISLATORS OPERATE. NEED FOR ROWDYNESS MAY ARISE BUT STOP REFERENCING BRITAIN. I DOUBT IF FEC CAN BE ROWDY BE IT PMB OR PYO THAT IS PRESIDING. BE CONSTRUCTIVE WHEN CRITICISING PLS
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Where is the mace of the Nigerian Senate?

Tell your Saraki to provide it immediately.
Legbere.

That question should be directed to Omo Agege and his band of renegades!
Zombie!
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by rusher14: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

That question should be directed to Omo Agege and his band of renegades!
Zombie!

Sorry Zombie your reflection deceives you.

Saraki and his goons eventually asked for the bill to be amended to cater for the governors who would have killed the senator's careers. In other words they reviewed the same Bill they suspended Omo-Agege for.

Today, after the mace disappeared, your paymaster decided to respect the presidents wish to review segments of the bill he found faulty. Again to buttress Omo-Agege's argument.

Wailing Zombie try get sense.

I smell your stinky breathe from here.
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Sorry Zombie your reflection deceives you.

Saraki and his goons eventually asked for the bill to be amended to cater for the governors who would have killed the senator's careers. In other words they reviewed the same Bill they suspended Omo-Agege for.

Today, after the mace disappeared, your postmaster decided to respect the presidents wish to review segments of the bill he found faulty. Again to buttress Omo-Agege's argument.

Wailing Zombie try get sense.

I smell your stinky breathe from here.

And your zombie senator cum thug was arrested... Don't cry yet about the amendment boy, watch Sarki break your little heart and that of your foolish pay masters!

Last last, sniper no dey expensive... Plus a euthanizing machine currently on sale suicide wouldn't be too difficult for crying zombies like you Lol!
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by rusher14: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
bishopkay:

And your zombie senator cum thug was arrested... Don't cry yet about the amendment boy, watch Sarki break your little heart and that of your foolish pay masters!

Last last, sniper no dey expensive... Plus a euthanizing machine currently on sale suicide wouldn't be too difficult for crying zombies like you Lol!

Hey dragon breathe.. take a hike and use .

grin

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by bishopkay: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Hey dragon breathe.. take a hike and use .

grin

grin I think you need it more man! I've been trying to look for where to put my nose while you were foaming at the mouth! grin cheesy

Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by ogaga100: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
life2017:
Senate President Saraki Is a Tyrant. The Senate Deserve The Hoodlum Attack

Under Saraki, most of the senators have been reduced to puppet of the senate president. The freedom of speech, freedom to agree and disagree of the senators are under constant attack by Saraki dictatorial tendencies. The senate is suppose to be a place of diverse opinion. But Saraki want to turn the senate to a single opinion chamber who rubber stamp everything at his will.

Any senator who disagree with Bukola Saraki is either suspended or removed from his committee position. He is running the senate like a thug or an emperor. Saraki need to be publicly disgraced.

I follow united state senate and congress, US senators openly attack, disagree and question the senate and house leadership . They write articles against senate and congress leaders. They grant interview criticising the senate and house leaders. I have never see a case where they are suspended because of that. Even in the UK where the Prime minister is the head of parliament and the head of govt, member of parliaments openly oppose, criticise and attack the prime ministers. Members of parliament dont get suspended for that.

Try and watch UK parliament on BBC, members of parliaments oppose and shout even when the leader of parliament is speaking. Member of parliament hold media conferences and oppose the leader of parliament. Why is Saraki against any opposition in the senate? Why is he suspending any opposition voice to his position? is the senate his personal property?

Saraki need to be cut to size. You cannot just suspend a senator who was voted in by thousand /millions of its constituent. What the senate president is doing is a coup against Nigeria democracy.

Civil organisations need to protest and demand the sack of Saraki as senate president. He is too power drunk. He is bringing disgrace to the Nigeria senate.

A senate president is like a class prefect. He is the head among equals. He should stop acting like one emperor.

The youth, men and women of delta state should storm the senate and ensure no plenary can hold until Senator Omo Agege is allowed to seat. The senate has no power to deny any part of delta state fair representation.

we sent him there to represent the urhobo nation not buhari so anything he does differently from what he was sent to do, he's on his own
Re: Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber by Dominion370(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
@ LIFE2017.
I presume you must be an educated and enlightened sane individual but it doesn't seems so in this post of yours. As much as i don't like making comments on happenings in the political sphere of this country, i can't but say here that you missed the point as all i can deduce from your argument is that the attack on the national assembly is justifiable. I mean how can any sane individual think that. The fact that the senate president's style of leadership is probably biased, dictatorial and tyrannical(in your words) doesn't mean the legislative arm of a country should be put to disarray by some Irate individuals. If the members of the national assembly cannot call for his(bukola saraki) head and pass a vote of no confidence on him, tell me what should be done, the politics at play here is far beyond our level of imagination. I have nothing for or against any of them and i try as much as possible not to take sides in my contributions but if you don't see this, it is a big slap on the country as a whole and it tells on us all as individuals(citizens) in the country. So, it is expedient that when we are making contributions we should consider being modest in our approach no matter the gravity of what is on ground and how we are disposed to the issue at hand. No hard feelings, just speaking my mind. smiley wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Reacts As Police Says Daughter Of Ex-gov’s Aide Not Kidnapped, Went To Boy / Commission Freezes Over 30 Accounts Of Illegal Loan Companies / Three Children, 16 Adults Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.