Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (76181 Views)

How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / Paul Enenche Reports Daddy Freeze To YouTube Over Copyright. Freeze Reacts / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Gullah: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Pope is not God, Jesus is our standard and not the pope

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Maxi3k(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Gullah:
Pope is not God, Jesus is our standard and not the pope
your Jesus drank wine and always went partying with harlots and tax collectors
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 2:19am On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:

Look at him quoting Deuteronomy to justify beer drinking, but when someone quotes Malachi to justify tithe paying, he goes all sad for referring to the old testament.
Please call me whenever Freeze justifies adultery and premarital s e x with a bible verse.

Freeze quoted appropriately from Deuteronomy because the pastor in question teaches from the Old Covenant Laws from which his , Freeze's, quote, is taken. undecided

If the pastor man claims to follow the old covenant law, surely he ought also to know that God embraces the drinking of alcohol from that and does not even dictate it be consumed in moderation like some "careful" Christian's like to suggest - God never said to only drink it in moderation. That decision is left to individuals to make, by God Himself. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 2:22am On Apr 09, 2021
osomegbe:
Daddy freeze, please I have asked before and I am asking again and again.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HARVEST GIVING AND TITHING.
Please relate it to the Bible you read.
I think it will solve this your post.
All that na the lies wey your pastors dey use steal more and more from you , pretending God give them permission to do such. God no call or send any one of them.
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 2:34am On Apr 09, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

AlCOHOL WAS NEVER PROHIBITED EITHER IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT.WHAT WAS CONDEMED WAS DRUNKUNESS
Drunkeness condemned not by God but by men.. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 4:56am On Apr 09, 2021
osomegbe:

Bros, if I am drinking small stout and I start preaching to you, how would you perceive me.
You may probably thought I am speaking out of the influence of alcohol. So why should I drink wine when I know I am a living epistle and I am meant to go ye into the world and preach.
That one na rubbish! When Jesus Christ was hanging out, drinking with the sinners during His time, im tell you say im no preach the gospel even then? undecided

Even drunks have been known to solve had problems ...stop letting the lies you have been fed rule over you. Your Lord and Master Drank freely with others. So drink freely after His example, if you want to. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 5:01am On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:

Who wrote the book of Timothy? Can you honestly say you drink wine because of your frequent illness? Do you fall sick frequently?
The Nigerians I know don't drink to cure illnesses, most drink for social reasons and in the process, get drunk, get naughty, have illicit s e x, speak incoherent words, etc.

Hear Jesus speak about tithe in the New Testament, yet Freeze condemns anyone and everyone that tries to preach about tithe:

Matthew 23:23

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."

I don't have the strength to argue oo, I'm just setting the records straight for freeze.
You need to stop letting those fraudsters that call themselves pastors to deceive you. undecided

Nowhere in the Old Covenant and in the New Covenant is drinking listed as a sin by Almighty God. And God is the Law as far as man is concerned. You should ask yourself whose Law you are living by.... God's or your pastors doctrines and traditions. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by illicit(m): 9:40am On Apr 09, 2021
osomegbe:

Bros, if I am drinking small stout and I start preaching to you, how would you perceive me.
You may probably thought I am speaking out of the influence of alcohol. So why should I drink wine when I know I am a living epistle and I am meant to go ye into the world and preach.

So Jesus that drank wine is a dead epistle
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by illicit(m): 10:07am On Apr 09, 2021
spencekat:
Na you b give am naaa.

Nobody gave him, he drank it anywhere he found it
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by illicit(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2021
selfemployed:

Interesting!

Does that mean I can now start taking a little Indian hemp and a little cocaine?

Why did ndlea ban cocaine? We can just sniff moderately and not get high.

Daddy freeze, be careful what thou teachest thy children.

Every addiction starts with one sip, and a little more, and a little more. Until the little more becomes no longer enough because the brain has become accustomed to it. Until the individual is enslaved in addiction. Until the life is ruined.

This is not about cocaine

It's strictly about wine otherwise known as alcohol

Jesus drank
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by orunto27: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
Daddy Freeze is JUDGING. THAT'S WRONG. ONLY GOD JUDGES.
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
orunto27:
Daddy Freeze is JUDGING. THAT'S WRONG. ONLY GOD JUDGES.
What your Daddy freeze is doing is similar to what Jesus Christ did with the Pharisees, teaching His followers to do same where the liars are. Are you saying Jesus Christ was wrong in teaching this to His followers? undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Mystery9(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
There is a big gulf between Roman Catholic and Christians. The pope is not the leader of Christians but of Roman Catholic. Jesus Christ the son of God Almighty is the leader of Christians. Daddy freezing is ignorant of these facts. Born agains in Christ Jesus, who are following the path of Jesus to eternity, pays their tithes and don't drink alcoholic drinks. Except in few cases of a communion wine that may have little alcoholic content in it.
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Mystery9:
There is a big gulf between Roman Catholic and Christians. The pope is not the leader of Christians but of Roman Catholic. Jesus Christ the son of God Almighty is the leader of Christians. Daddy freezing is ignorant of these facts. Born agains in Christ Jesus, who are following the path of Jesus to eternity, pays their tithes and don't drink alcoholic drinks. Except in few cases of a communion wine that may have little alcoholic content in it.
Your very churches today are offshoots of the Roman Catholic church which is one of the oldest churches in the world. Even the organizational models you have in your churches are built on the model created by the Roman catholic church before it. Your church doctrines and traditions also build on those of Roman catholic roots, including your ordination practices,etc. So I am not certain what you are attempting to say here. undecided

Jesus Christ never commanded born against to pay tithes or not to drink alcohol since His followers do not follow the Old Covenant and they learn from Jesus Christ's very example that drinking of Alcohol, in any quantity, is not a sin. undecided

God alone is the power to define for us what sin is and since God never declares alcohol drinking a sin, I think what you should ask yourself is whose Law do you abide by.... God's law or your pastor's law. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
The young man just like trouble!

Palavah he go get...
Palavah he go get oooooooooo
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Acidosis(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You need to stop letting those fraudsters that call themselves pastors to deceive you. undecided

Nowhere in the Old Covenant and in the New Covenant is drinking listed as a sin by Almighty God. And God is the Law as far as man is concerned. You should ask yourself whose Law you are living by.... God's or your pastors doctrines and traditions. undecided

Living by the law and revelation of God. Nowhere was it written in the Bible the name of the woman you should marry. However, through divine guidance and revelations, we know these things. The Bible must not spell it out to you the type of drink or food you should eat. There is the written word and the revealed word. Lack of the revealed word is why we argue the written word day in day out. If you're not sure whether to tithe or not, go and ask your God. He's not dum.b.
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Acidosis(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Freeze quoted appropriately from Deuteronomy because the pastor in question teaches from the Old Covenant Laws from which his , Freeze's, quote, is taken. undecided

If the pastor man claims to follow the old covenant law, surely he ought also to know that God embraces the drinking of alcohol from that and does not even dictate it be consumed in moderation like some "careful" Christian's like to suggest - God never said to only drink it in moderation. That decision is left to individuals to make, by God Himself. undecided

If I proceed with this argument, soon you will quote Bible verses from the book of Solomon to convince me on why I should marry 5 women.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:

If I proceed with this argument, soon you will quote Bible verses from the book of Solomon to convince me on why I should marry 5 women.
Why would anyone hold Solomon, a man who became an idol worshiper, up as a standard where God's Law is concerned? undecided

This isn't about what men do but what God Himself declared of sin in His Law, Jesus Christ, the New Covenant. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:
Living by the law and revelation of God. Nowhere was it written in the Bible the name of the woman you should marry. However, through divine guidance and revelations, we know these things. The Bible must not spell it out to you the type of drink or food you should eat. There is the written word and the revealed word. Lack of the revealed word is why we argue the written word day in day out. If you're not sure whether to tithe or not, go and ask your God. He's not dum.b.
I am sorry, Jesus Christ told you that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God, so....?

Do you know that God gives Laws and His Law/Covenant is a contract which defines the very relationship between you and Him? undecided

For those who live in the land of Canaan, God gave His Covenant, called YHWH, through Moses to His people Israel for their life in the land of Canaan , commanding that if they obey .i.e. stick to the terms and conditions expressed in the contract, that He will be their God and they His people. undecided

In similar manner, God sent a New Covenant, Jesus Christ, to all men,as the Law in the Kingdom of God. And God also commands that those who accept and obey the Law as stipulated in the very life and teachings of Jesus Christ will go on to inherit Heaven in His Kingdom. undecided

Since Jesus Christ is the Truth of God and since the las defined within the contract that He embodies are clearly defined, it then flows that the terms and conditions expressed define clearly for us what Sin(disobedience) is in this case as well. undecided

So yes, the bible does in fact spell out for us what is unacceptable(sin) leaving the rest up to individuals to decide for themselves what to do with without worry. undecided

In the case of alcohol for example. We know that Jesus Christ made it clear that it is not what you eat that makes you unclean. And so it is not a sin to drink. Add this to the fact that even our very own Master, Jesus Christ, was a known drinker of the booze Himself and you know for sure that He was not kidding when He declared this to His followers. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
bigtt76:
I support am grin Only in Nigeria during communion service you find these pentecostal churches using Cranberry Juice instead of wine grin ....for record purpose "Jesus Christ turned water into Wine and NOT Juice" during passover nko .....He shared wine not juice tongue

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Maybe dem no get money for wine naw
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:

PaChukwudi44, come and counter these 75 verses of the bible.

The Law of God are not overwritten in anyway by the opinions of men, even those expressed in those scriptures. Remember, the Law of God is an everlasting Covenant with God of which God also commands do not add to and do not remove from His laws. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Reference:
But if he saw GO drinking beer he will go ape all over cyberspace. He should get lost.

If you respect yourself and love God you will not indulge in the short term delirium and long term damage alcohol does to what should be the dwelling place of God. That is your mind and your body that supports it. A purposeful ready to use vessel will not accomodate such. It is not a question of law. True believers and those who love God go beyond the law. When you love someone you don't look at the black and white, small print to see the minimum standards of obedience. You offer your body, your members, your life as a living sacrifice.
God Himself asked His people to indulge,in Deuteronomy 14, so I am not sure what God you serve since it is not the God of the Bible-He doesn't mind your indulgence at all. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
ItsTime4me:
. Yea no one is condemning it. I can decide to give one-tenth of of earnings. No big deal. The bible does not condemn it. The point is, IT IS NO LONGER COMPULSORY for Christians today because we no longer have the priestly arrangement.
Christians(gentiles) where never under the old covenant Law to begin with. Only those of the blood of Jacob were bound by that Covenant undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
farem:

Baby freeze, with one breath, you deceive your mumu followers saying certain things belong to old Testament and in another breath you quote Old Testament to justify recklessness
God did not swear His Old Covenant with your ancestors but instead with those who have the blood of Jacob running through their veins. What that means is you have no business following any of the laws specified in the Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided

God however made a New Covenant with you in the person of Jesus Christ which you are commanded to follow and obey. Now, in Jesus Christ, sin and its consequences are define for you. undecided

Now, though it is a different Covenant, we all still worship the same God even though under different contracts . So when freeze quoted Deuteronomy to explain that God is not against alcohol, he does so to find the one place where God Himself commands that His people indulge in drinking without consequence. undecided

In the New Covenant, there is no law against drinking and since Jesus Christ Himself was a known drinker - He being our example- there is nothing else to be said. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Ilekokonit: 2:25am On Apr 12, 2021
pauljumbo:
Freeze as old as he his don’t know photoshop pix

Actually its not a Photoshop pix as more pictures taken on different dates and at different places below show. Morale of the story is that we Nigerians are so religious that we forget that the first miracle of Jesus Christ was to turn water to wine at a wedding when they ran out of wine.

Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 4:52am On Apr 12, 2021
Kotodoctor:
It was never this things that brought sin. They MAY lead to it.

Christ argued it that it is not what we take in that ultimately defiles us rather what we give out. With John the Baptist, it was said, that this PARTICULAR ONE must not taste strong wine. That means they might have been other prophets that had strong drinks.

Look at it this way. If I come home from work and buy a bottle of bear. Keep it in the fridge to cool off. I then take it afterwards and go to bed. Were is the sin in that.

But if I take it to the point of excess outside. Then it impaired my sense of good judgement to the point we're I start looking at a woman lustfully (which Achoholic often do ). Or lead to anger up to the point of fight. Then I have sinned.

That us why taking Achoholic itself is not sin, but if not carefull can lead to sin

God bless you all.
What Jesus Christ said also applies also for when you are impaired. The anger/rage, etc. that comes out of you is not a result of the alcohol but what you had stored up in your heart. Jesus Christ never warned anyone to imbibe in moderation- God nevrr did that - only man does that out of fear or what is stored up in one. Instead. Jesus Christ commands that you rid yourself all that wickedness stored up in your heart so you can live freely, eat , drink and be merry! grin
Re: Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" by Kobojunkiee: 4:57am On Apr 12, 2021
schurley:

Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.....

Tithing can be located in the new testament also, dont let this confused soul fool us all
Jesus Christ in that verse mentions the "419" tithing practices of the Pharisees...He did not command you to give and tithe though you are not of the blood of Jacob. undecided

Jesus Christ also mentioned the presenting of Offerings on altars, a practice done as part of the old Covenant, does that mean He wants you to go build an altar and offer animal sacrifices too? undecided

Sheesh! Poor language comprehension skils remains the biggest impediment for many of the religious, it appears! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibidun Ighodalo Funeral Service In Pictures / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Sharon Oyakhilome Slays In Bum Shorts In UK Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.