Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 (1353 Views)

The Ephesians 5 Syndrome / Why Does Jesus Need An Army? / Book of Ephesians (*principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ephesians 3:14 For this reason I bend my knees to the Father, 15 to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name.

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Clementz0(m): 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Its Apostle Paul Talking There And Itx About Unification Of Trinity..1 Timothy 3 Vs 16; And Without Controversy Great Is The Mystery Of Godliness: God Was Manifest In The Flesh,justified In The Spirit,seen Of Angels,preached Unto The Gentiles,believed On In The World Recieved Up Into Glory...#meditate Diz Scripture Shalom

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for your boldness to step up. Many would rather avoid this question. Moreover, does Jesus Owe His Name To God as recorded in Ephesians 3:15?
Clementz0:
Its Apostle Paul Talking There And Itx About Unification Of Trinity..1 Timothy 3 Vs 16; And Without Controversy Great Is The Mystery Of Godliness: God Was Manifest In The Flesh,justified In The Spirit,seen Of Angels,preached Unto The Gentiles,believed On In The World Recieved Up Into Glory...#meditate Diz Scripture Shalom
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Clementz0(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
That Was Apostle Paul Talking There About The Unification Of The Trinity...1Timothy 3 Vs 16; And Without Controversy Great Is The Mystery Of Godliness: God Was Manifest In The Flesh, Justified In The Spirit, Seen Of Angels, Preached Unto The Gentiles, Believed On In The World, Recieved Up Into Glory..#meditate On This Scripture Shalom
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Clementz0(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
Always Remember There Are Three That Bear Record In Heaven, The Father, The Word And The Holy Ghost And These Three Are One. Our God Is Nt An Author Of Confusion But He Is Too Great Beyond Human Thinking Datx Why Even Apostle Paul Despite His Knowledge About God Still Said That I May Knw Him And His Power.. He Is The Same All Sufficient Father.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
You quoted a CORRUPTED Bible verse which is not the word of God but the word of men.

Anyway, does Jesus Owe His Name To God as recorded in Ephesians 3:15?
Clementz0:
Always Remember There Are Three That Bear Record In Heaven, The Father, The Word And The Holy Ghost And These Three Are One. Our God Is Nt An Author Of Confusion But He Is Too Great Beyond Human Thinking Datx Why Even Apostle Paul Despite His Knowledge About God Still Said That I May Knw Him And His Power.. He Is The Same All Sufficient Father.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Hairyrapunzel: 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
You quoted a CORRUPTED Bible verse which is not the word of God but the word of men.

Your own that you inserted "Jesus created all other things " nko? Is it not a corrupted bible verse?

You call other Bible versions corrupted yet your own has been corrupted and this corruption will definitely change because your belief is definitely going to change (new light)

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
okay.
Hairyrapunzel:

Your own that you inserted "Jesus created all other things " nko? Is it not a corrupted bible verse?

You call other Bible versions corrupted yet your own has been corrupted and this corruption will definitely change because your belief is definitely going to change (new light)
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Hairyrapunzel: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
okay.

Is Jesus(one person) a family?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Clementz0(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:

Smiles Who Am I To Say The Word Of God Is Corrupt. Wen Did They Born Me, Let Me Remind U In Case U Forgot What His Word Said In Revelation 22 Vs 18~19: For I Testify Unto Every Man That Heareth The Words Of The Prophecy Of This Book, If Any Man Shall Add Unto These Things , God Shall Add Unto Him The Plagues That Are Written In This Book And If Any Man Shall Take Away From The Words Of The Book Of Dis Prophecy, God Shall Take Away His Part Out Of The Book Of Life And Out Of The Holy City And From The Things Which Are Written In This Book...I Read Kjv/nkjv Version
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Hairyrapunzel: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
okay.

Is Jesus the name of a person or the name of a family in the Bible?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
You seem to have forgotten the question that led to all these.

According to Ephesians 3:15, Does Jesus Owe His Name To God?

Clementz0:
Smiles Who Am I To Say The Word Of God Is Corrupt. Wen Did They Born Me, Let Me Remind U In Case U Forgot What His Word Said In Revelation 22 Vs 18~19: For I Testify Unto Every Man That Heareth The Words Of The Prophecy Of This Book, If Any Man Shall Add Unto These Things , God Shall Add Unto Him The Plagues That Are Written In This Book And If Any Man Shall Take Away From The Words Of The Book Of Dis Prophecy, God Shall Take Away His Part Out Of The Book Of Life And Out Of The Holy City And From The Things Which Are Written In This Book...I Read Kjv/nkjv Version

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
The English spelling of Yeshua is “Joshua.” However, when translated from Hebrew into the Greek language, the name Yeshua becomes Iēsous. The English spelling for Iēsous is “Jesus.”

Basically, what this means is Joshua and Jesus are the same name. One is translated from Hebrew into English, the other from Greek into English. It is also interesting to note, the names "Joshua" and "Isaiah" are essentially the same names as Yeshua in Hebrew. They mean "Savior" and "the salvation of the Lord."
-culled from somewhere in the internet.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thank you for that breakdown. It is appreciated here. Nevertheless, do you agree that Jesus owes his name to God?

Are you on the same plane with Ephesians 3:15?

Others are very scared to answer because they are afraid of what they know.
Earthbound:
The English spelling of Yeshua is “Joshua.” However, when translated from Hebrew into the Greek language, the name Yeshua becomes Iēsous. The English spelling for Iēsous is “Jesus.”

Basically, what this means is Joshua and Jesus are the same name. One is translated from Hebrew into English, the other from Greek into English. It is also interesting to note, the names "Joshua" and "Isaiah" are essentially the same names as Yeshua in Hebrew. They mean "Savior" and "the salvation of the Lord."
-culled from somewhere in the internet.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
Thank you for that breakdown. It is appreciated here. Nevertheless, do you agree that Jesus owes his name to God?

Are you on the same plane with Ephesians 3:15?

Others are very scared to answer because they are afraid of what they know.

From the little knowledge I have, Jesus refers to God as his father. To butress, the Angel Gabriel was instructed by God to inform Mary she was pregnant and was to name the child 'Jesus'
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thank you.

Moreover, do you think Ephesians 3:15 was written by the devil?

Or do you count it as the word of God and believe in it?
Earthbound:

From the little knowledge I have, Jesus refers to God as his father. To butress, the Angel Gabriel was instructed by God to inform Mary she was pregnant and was to name the child 'Jesus'
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
Thank you.

Why this question na? Take am easy o

I don't think my opinion makes any difference. It seems your mind is made up as to what your opinion is.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
It is a forum. Just give your honest answer, I will not chastise you. Your opinion is well-respected here and it makes a difference. My mind is not made upon you in particular but I want you to be confident in what you read from the Bible.

We are all adults, no one bites.
Earthbound:

Why this question na? Take am easy o

I don't think my opinion makes any difference. It seems your mind is made up as to what your opinion is.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Hairyrapunzel: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
Thank you.

Is Jesus the name of a person or the name of a family in the Bible?
Since you want the literal meaning we will take it literally.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
It is a forum. Just give your honest answer, I will not chastise you. Your opinion is well-respected here and it makes a difference. My mind is not made upon you in particular but I want you to be confident in what you read from the Bible.

We are all adults, no one bites.

Honestly, I hope not. Too many people read the bible. If the Devi wrote it, then we'd be playing exactly into his hands and most would be doomed.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2018
Thank you for sharing your thought. I certainly do not believe that the Devil wrote the Bible. Ephesians 3:14 is surely from God above.
Earthbound:

Honestly, I hope not. Too many people read the bible. If the Devil wrote it, then we'd be playing exactly into his hands and most would be doomed.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by OneJ: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
Clementz0:
That Was Apostle Paul Talking There About The Unification Of The Trinity...1Timothy 3 Vs 16; And Without Controversy Great Is The Mystery Of Godliness: God Was Manifest In The Flesh, Justified In The Spirit, Seen Of Angels, Preached Unto The Gentiles, Believed On In The World, Recieved Up Into Glory..#meditate On This Scripture Shalom
Clementz0:
Clementz0:
Clementz0:
Clementz0:
@clementz0: Those verses (1john 5:7 &,1 tim 3:16 ) in Nkjv or kjv were inserted by Trinitarians & does NOT reflect what's in the oldest original manuscript of the Bible. "He (who) was manifest in the flesh". That's the ACTUAL rendering. 1 John5:7 - For there three that testify (verse8) the spirit,the water & the blood; and the three are in agreement" . Actual rendering.
If your Bible says something different, it's fallacy.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
removetheturban:
Ephesians 3:14 For this reason I bend my knees to the Father, 15 to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name.

Which people are the "every family in heaven"
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by ichuka(m): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2018
Isaiah9:6..New International Version
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting FATHER, Prince of Peace.
OP,Jesus is The Everlasting Father.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
There are legions of angels in the heavens according to the Bible Matthew 26:53; Revelation 7:15. Jesus himself is part of the family who owes his name to Jehovah God John 16:28.
Junia:

Which people are the "every family in heaven"
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
removetheturban:
There are legions of angels in the heavens according to the Bible Matthew 26:53; Revelation 7:15. Jesus himself is part of the family who owes his name to Jehovah God John 16:28.
Good.
There is one thing I wanna know.
When a human (a boy) owes his or her name to another human (his father), does it make him less human ?

When a God (Jesus) owes His name to His Father (Jehovah), does it make Him less God, or moves Him from the class of God to that of angels and human beings ?

Also, which family does Jesus belongs to ?

You're blessed
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Junia:

Good.
There is one thing I wanna know.
When a human (a boy) owes his or her name to another human (his father), does it make him less human ?
No human or angel owes his name to any but Jehovah for the language, source, and interpretation of that name does not belong to anyone but Jehovah.

As a perfect man, Adam was given the assignment to name the animals. Would you say that Adam became less human as a result? Or, would you claim that the animals became equal to Adam as a result?

We all owe our names to Jehovah. A name is an identification resulting from existence. Without existence a name is futile.

Owing your name to someone means owing your existence to that person. Whoever owes is a slave according to the Bible. So, every family on earth and in the heavens is a slave of Jehovah if we choose to follow his commands. If we do not, we must die a justified death in Jehovah's due time.
Junia:

When a God (Jesus) owes His name to His Father (Jehovah), does it make Him less God, or moves Him from the class of God to that of angels and human beings ?
When the Bible says that Jesus owes his name to Jehovah, it clearly tells you the inequality that Jesus reiterated during his time on earth in into your hands I commit my spirit Luke 23:46. The spirit returns to the GIVER, Jehovah. Ecclesiastes 12:7.

When the devil confronted Jesus in Luke 4:6, he said that all authority was given him, would you say that the devil became equal to Jehovah because he was given all authority?

Matthew 28:18
New International Version
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Likewise, would you say that someone who referred to his father as his God and our God after he was resurrected is now equal to God?

Have you read John 20:17 lately?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
removetheturban:
No human or angel owes his name to any but Jehovah for the language, source, and interpretation of that name does not belong to anyone but Jehovah.

As a perfect man, Adam was given the assignment to name the animals. Would you say that Adam became less human as a result? Or, would you claim that the animals became equal to Adam as a result?

We all owe our names to Jehovah. A name is an identification resulting from existence. Without existence a name is futile.

Owing your name to someone means owing your existence to that person. Whoever owes is a slave according to the Bible. So, every family on earth and in the heavens is a slave of Jehovah if we choose to follow his commands. If we do not, we must die a justified death in Jehovah's due time.
When the Bible says that Jesus owes his name to Jehovah, it clearly tells you the inequality that Jesus reiterated during his time on earth in into your hands I commit my spirit Luke 23:46. The spirit returns to the GIVER, Jehovah. Ecclesiastes 12:7.

When the devil confronted Jesus in Luke 4:6, he said that all authority was given him, would you say that the devil became equal to Jehovah because he was given all authority?

Matthew 28:18
New International Version
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Likewise, would you say that someone who referred to his father as his God and our God after he was resurrected is now equal to God?

Have you read John 20:17 lately?

I won't go deep into what you've just said.
Now, what's your point here ?
Jesus is human or an angel ?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Jesus is a spirit creature given a name above any other name and dignified with the privilege to sit at the right hand of God.
Junia:

I won't go deep into what you've just said.
Now, what's your point here ?
Jesus is human or an angel ?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 8:28am On May 01, 2018
removetheturban:
Jesus is a spirit creature given a name above any other name and dignified with the privilege to sit at the right hand of God.
Thank God He is not Angel Michael .. lol
Does He have a human nature, God nature or an angelic nature ?
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 9:50am On May 01, 2018
Junia:

Thank God He is not Angel Michael .. lol
Let me ask you a few questions.

Does Jesus have the voice of the Archangel?

Are Jesus and Michael the Archangel of the same class seeing that they are both referred to as princes?

The Bible said that Jesus was elevated ABOVE the angels AFTER his earthly human course. From what position was he elevated?

The Bible used the word INHERIT in Hebrews 1:4. Can you explain the import of the word used in the description of Jesus' change of status?
Junia:

Does He have a human nature, God nature or an angelic nature ?
Like I said earlier, Jesus is a spirit creature according to Colossians 1:15.

Angels are called gods in Psalm 82:6

A spirit creature is not human it is a spirit. Jesus and the angels who are spirits referred to Jehovah as their God.

Angel means messenger.

God’s nature, may be summed up in his dominant quality, love.

Is/was Jesus a messenger?

Did Adam and Eve become God or transform into the nature of God? Genesis 3:22

Ephesians 5:1 urged us to imitate God, but does that imply that we become the true God, Jehovah?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Didn't God Kill The Devil? / Unity and Religion / Is Sunday Sacred And Holy? Candid Confessions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.