Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action (37689 Views)

PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Kuulest(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ooh! They call this 'Mace stealing' of a thing an 'attack'?!

They'll soon be hit with massive destruction. By the time someone blow up the Whole House, they'll know!
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

O boy! Hope say your school fees was not wasted?

What you quoted is the constitutional duty of the House or Senate to investigate matters, ministries or people for...with respect to which it has power to make laws.

No way did it state that, they can suspend a colleague. That power is only reserved over things they have power over to make laws...The Senate can make laws over citizens, ministries;but they cannot make laws over Senate or the President, etc.

By your assertions, if you apply that section, it means that the Senate can suspend anybody including the AGN, the President.

The Court have ruled on this question and considering this constitution section and sided against the Senate...google and read ‘House of Assembly v. Hon. Danna’....they were told to their face by the appellant court that, they don’t have the right to suspend a member period!

O boy it be like say excess garri done dey grow cataracts for your eye or perhaps your hands are working faster then your brain,go and use your eye drop,take a deep breath so u brain can stop been on overdrive and come back here so I can tutor u a bit on the jurisdiction of the committee, your case is irredeemable even if them give u live expo I'm sure u go still fail.

The power or right of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions

What I quoted is the jurisdiction of the committee and not the jargons u wrote Mr bebeto
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

O boy! Hope say your school fees was not wasted?

What you quoted is the constitutional duty of the House or Senate to investigate matters, ministries or people for...with respect to which it has power to make laws.

No way did it state that, they can suspend a colleague. That power is only reserved over things they have power over to make laws...The Senate can make laws over citizens, ministries;but they cannot make laws over Senate or the President, etc.

By your assertions, if you apply that section, it means that the Senate can suspend anybody including the AGN, the President.

The Court have ruled on this question and considering this constitution section and sided against the Senate...google and read ‘House of Assembly v. Hon. Danna’....they were told to their face by the appellant court that, they don’t have the right to suspend a member period!

The Senate on Wednesday suspended Senator Ali Ndume for six months for raising false allegations against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Dino Melaye through order 14 and 15 at plenary last week.

The suspension follows report of Senator Samuel Anyanwu-led committee on Public Petitions, Ethics and Privileges which recommended for his suspension for one legislative year.

I guess u were still in your cave or u were still in your diapers for that year.

You have no inkling of an idea of the topic u just want to feel among,next time use that thing between your ears before u quote me cos you are obviously intellectual bankrupt.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
neyobills:

O boy it be like say excess garri done dey grow cataracts for your eye or perhaps your hands are working faster then your brain,go and use your eye drop,take a deep breath so u brain can stop been on overdrive and come back here so I can tutor u a bit on the jurisdiction of the committee, your case is irredeemable even if them give u live expo I'm sure u go still fail.

The power or right of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions

What I quoted is the jurisdiction of the committee and not the jargons u wrote Mr bebeto

You don’t understand the superseding nature of conflicting laws.

Did you read the Appellant case I quoted for you? How does the jurisdiction of the committee to suspend a member supersede a court order, clearly saying they don’t have the power to do so.

Hon. Danna was suspended by a committee who thought like yourself that, they have the power to do so, but the Appeal Court disagreed with them and reversed them.

Reconcile the Appeal Court order with your position, unless you think the court was in error.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

You don’t understand the superseding nature of conflicting laws.

Did you read the Appellant case I quoted for you? How does the jurisdiction of the committee to suspend a member supersede a court order, clearly saying they don’t have the power to do so.

Hon. Danna was suspended by a committee who thought like yourself that, they have the power to do so, but the Appeal Court disagreed with them and reversed them.

Reconcile the Appeal Court order with your position, unless you think the court was in error.

The Senate on Wednesday suspended Senator Ali Ndume for six months for raising false allegations against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Dino Melaye through order 14 and 15 at plenary last week.

The suspension follows report of Senator Samuel Anyanwu-led committee on Public Petitions, Ethics and Privileges which recommended for his suspension for one legislative year.

(I'm using the green highlights so u won't say your garri affected eyes didn't allow u to see oo)

I guess u were still in your cave or u were still in diapers for that year.

You have no inkling of an idea of the topic u just want to feel among,next time use that thing between your ears before u quote me cos you are obviously intellectual bankrupt.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by ALEXTER: 12:31am On Apr 19, 2018
Don't probe them. Thats how they will be there and fulani herdsmen will be killing farmer. thank u lord 4 exposing our unclothedness. All things happen together 4 good!
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by AiiVee(m): 12:42am On Apr 19, 2018
my first reaction was aren't there supposed to be securities in the house
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 1:27am On Apr 19, 2018
neyobills:

(I'm using the green highlights so u won't say your garri affected eyes didn't allow u to see oo)

I guess u were still in your cave or u were still in diapers for that year.

You clearly are the intellectually bankrupt one, if you think that, because the suspension resulted from a Senate Ethic committee recommendations, therefore it supersedes an Appellant Court ruling that, the Senate does not have the power to suspend one of their own because it violates the rights of his/her constituents to be fully represented.

The high court ruled that, they cannot suspend beyond 14 days, the Appeal Court reversed that and held that, they can’t even suspend for a single day.

Until they appeal that ruling to the Supreme Court, any disciplinary action taken involving the suspension of a colleague is invalid and unconstitutional and it is not me saying that, it is the Courts who are vested with the powers to interprete the constitution that stated that in their order.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by poseidon12: 1:44am On Apr 19, 2018
Under the tribalist Buhari, Nigeria has gone to the dogs. The Presidency is behind it, of course.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Alejoc(m): 2:01am On Apr 19, 2018
We have been scammed.....

Currently being rapped.....
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by lexy2014: 3:52am On Apr 19, 2018
PHIPEX:
Where were SARS, DSS, EFCC, NA and co that are always intimidating us on the road? Of what use is the budgetary allocations to these agencies for Aso Rock protection if unarmed men can steal and escape from Aso Rock.

Omo-Agege will end up like Chris Ubah, he'll end up the biggest loser, he acted like a tout and an illiterate.
with what u said about d security agencies, its near impossible 4 all of them 2go 2 sleep d same time d day of mace stealing. If indeed omo agege did this, then it wasn't by his power
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Spidermon: 5:25am On Apr 19, 2018
Modenzy:
The way things are; this country is not safe.
pls, i want to urge everyone to pls know/learn how to use gun or bomb.
if this things can happen in national assembly where we have securities of different parastattals. i.e police, nscdc, etc. then the common man is not safe...

pls, learn self defense.
I have already taught my siblings how to use simple weapon to fight incase of necessity.

THERE IS BIG PROBLEM AHEAD

Bro, self defense is not enough. Pick up a martial art and especially a weapon form and study it to deadly proficiency.

Nigeria is slowly becoming a very bad place
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2018
linearity:

You clearly are the intellectually bankrupt one, if you think that, because the suspension resulted from a Senate Ethic committee recommendations, therefore it supersedes an Appellant Court ruling that, the Senate does not have the power to suspend one of their own because it violates the rights of his/her constituents to be fully represented.

The high court ruled that, they cannot suspend beyond 14 days, the Appeal Court reversed that and held that, they can’t even suspend for a single day.

Until they appeal that ruling to the Supreme Court, any disciplinary action taken involving the suspension of a colleague is invalid and unconstitutional and it is not me saying that, it is the Courts who are vested with the powers to interprete the constitution that stated that in their order.

Every institution and organization has their rules and code of conduct which may supersede your individual right if out of conviction you decide to be a memeber, you might have to give up some individual rules.

For example in the the military and the civil service of Nigeria,indivials of these organizations are not allowed to hold traditional titles or positions while they are still in service,are you going to say their rights of association has been infringed upon in this context?

I hope I am made my self elementary enough for your single digit cerebral capacity to discern.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by kalu61(m): 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
the foundation of this senate has been faulty S since day one
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
neyobills:

Every institution and organization has their rules and code of conduct which may supersede your individual right if out of conviction you decide to be a memeber, you might have to give up some individual rules.

For example in the the military and the civil service of Nigeria,indivials of these organizations are not allowed to hold traditional titles or positions while they are still in service,are you going to say their rights of association has been infringed upon in this context?

I hope I am made my self elementary enough for your single digit cerebral capacity to discern.

You clearly have a blind agenda here.....I guess, you believe the High Court and the Appeal Court are wrong on this subject having reached a ruling that invalidates your position?

Because, of your efforts to justify your blindness, you keep burying yourself under unnecessary rubbish....There are no rules in the Military that abridges any Nigerian Citizen's right...There is the Armed Forces ACT that is annexed to the constitution and it is the law and the Military is guided by laws enacted in the Armed Forces ACT...All their rules must be in conformity with the ACT. The ACT clarifies and expand upon what is in the Constitution and is in line with it....The Senate cannot make any law or ACT that invalidates the constitution, the Courts will strike that ACT down, if anyone challenges it.

There are no law or ACT stating that the Senate or Senate Committee have the power to suspend another Senator. Yes they can have ethic committee and proffer rules and regulations that bids them together, and can also come up with disciplinary actions to straighten erring members; An Appeal Court have ruled that Suspension as a disciplinary action violates the rights of the constituents been represented and as we speak, that ruling is the LAW OF THE LAND, until the Senates appeals to the Supreme Court and obtain a reversal....The Appeal Court was not even concern about the right of the Senator being suspended, rather it was the right of the constituents that has been deprived of representation...meaning the injured party when a Senator is suspended are the citizens in his ward and state, who now lack representation granted them by the constitution.

There are many ways to punish erring Senate members without violating the Appeal Court ruling, if you hit them where is pains most e.g. their pocket book, remove them from committee appointments, stripe them off seniority, take privileges away from them, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporters Forcing Keke Napep Riders To Buy His Campaign Stickers / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured / Kwara Governor-elect Lands In Rwanda, Bid Farewell To The Business World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.