Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,524 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark (33554 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / OAU Sacks Professor Richard Akindele Over Sex For Mark Scandal / Professor Richard Akindele's Wife & Church Members React To Sex For Mark Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Donmeca(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

Views like these are annoying.
How can you even have sex because of marks what has education got to do with sex it is not your fault it is the system I blame.

True. Hos view was annoying.

But you seem to be too sure that the lecturer called up the student and said, "Hello Jane. You failed my course but there's only one remedy. You have to sleep with me 5 times in a week to make an E."

I think the girl made the first call. Whether she proposed to settle the old man with money, gifts, domestic chores or se.x, we don't know yet. In the end, there was a conversation before the released phone call. In bribes, both the giver and the taker are culpable, except one can prove the other was forcing them.

Why is the girl's identify being protected, while we all know this lecturer?

1 Like

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
Donmeca:

But you seem to be too sure that the lecturer called up the student and said, "Hello Jane. You failed my course but there's only one remedy. You have to sleep with me 5 times in a week to make an E."

I think the girl made the first call. Whether she proposed to settle the old man with money, gifts, domestic chores or se.x, we don't know yet. In the end, there was a conversation before the released phone call. In bribes, both the giver and the taker are culpable, except one can prove the other was forcing them.

I didn't really justify the girls action but I must say you have a good point.
And I think it was good the said lady's identity wasn't revealed.
My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by sirusX(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
tocin44:
Meanwhile....
grin grin grin grin
Is that another version of Temple run grin
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by obstead200(m): 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Quality20:
They are all birds of same feathers .d girl too is also a professor in d making just like d already disgraced prof.
The only snag is that one is already a prof and is in position of high responsibility while d other is still trying to rise
At the bolded, God forbid bad thing!!!!
I weep for those who that girl will teach as a lecturer. Someone who cud not pass a course that only 3 ppl out of the whole class failed
She is among the bottom 3 in her class na
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by obstead200(m): 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
My opinion.
trust me, if they don't make the girl's identity public, the prof will win any case brought to court against the school. His lawyer only needs to argue that he was set up, since that will be a plausible motive to hide the identity of the girl
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by faithfull18(f): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
Visit my profile...
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Donmeca(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
My opinion.

We need to know who the girl is. We want to follow her academic history...how has she been "passing" her exams to the level of pursuing an MBA? Has she been sleeping with grandfathers for marks or is this a one-off? We can unearth her exam scrpts and compare with her exams scores. This case shud not be knee-jerk shi.t

Her reg number shud be public knowledge and if the school doesn't release her identify, i suggest that Prof Akindele finds a way to leak her details to the public. This will go a long way to show the "sexual harassment victims" that they don't have all the aces in blackmail. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

1 Like

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by OgahBohz: 12:01am On Apr 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Reminds me of Eedriz Abdulkarim's song Mr Lecturer.
I heard the man admitted to the act hence the decision of the school authority.
The funny thing is other lecturers won't learn from this

what baffles me is , their are other ladies who are willing and ever ready to even phuck him 20times for 1mark,

why the hell can't these mad lecturers and profs focus on those ladies and leave the good ones alone .. azn kini problem awon pipu yi gan
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by tabithababy(f): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Reminds me of Eedriz Abdulkarim's song Mr Lecturer.
I heard the man admitted to the act hence the decision of the school authority.
The funny thing is other lecturers won't learn from this

Haaa haaaa embarassed

This life ehn..... How will the wife feel now... embarassed
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Chuknovski(m): 12:03am On Apr 19, 2018
ProfesseurX:
Preek is a respecter of no persons or degrees, he might be a professor and of course very learned, but how about his preek, is his preek learned??
humble yourselves brethrens, no matter who you're, no matter the status you've attained in Life, whenever your preek decides to bring you down, surely it will have it's way.

A preek is like a steering wheel that directs a man's Life after successfully conquering all his reasoning faculties.

ProfesseurX.

preek philosophy grin
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by nextstep(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2018
Ladies, please record all phone calls with lecturers. Even when going to their office, turn on your smartphone recorder.

As this happens more and more, lecturers will stop pressuring girls in our institutions. Of course, ladies, you have to study hard so you don't become easy prey. But even still, there are some lecturers who will try to fail somebody even if she's doing well.

To those blaming the lady for failing... we can't all have good grades in all our classes. I've gotten some low marks and failed important exams in my time as a student - either because I was lazy, going through some issues, or just not understanding the material - failing a class is not a crime. What's a crime is demanding sexual or monetary favours in return for passing; there's also the fraud of falsifying a students record; these are crimes our lecturers have grown accustomed to committing every year, every semester.

There are also those questioning whether she trapped him by asking - even if she did propose, it's up to him to say "no, you can try the exam again, write a paper, or do some other academic-related work to show you know the material". From the pompous way he made his demands (and mentioned another lady who was willing to yield to them), I'm not convinced she's in the wrong.

Kudos to the lady jare, and to our randy lecturer who abuses his position: ntoooooooooor shocked grin
I hope lecturers around will take notice - times have changed and misdeeds will be brought to light and punished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by ogbonti: 12:26am On Apr 19, 2018
nextstep:
Ladies, please record all phone calls with lecturers. Even when going to their office, turn on your smartphone recorder.

As this happens more and more, lecturers will stop pressuring girls in our institutions. Of course, ladies, you have to study hard so you don't become easy prey. But even still, there are some lecturers who will try to fail somebody even if she's doing well.

To those blaming the lady for failing... we can't all have good grades in all our classes. I've gotten some low marks and failed important exams in my time as a student - either because I was lazy, going through some issues, or just not understanding the material - failing a class is not a crime. What's a crime is demanding sexual or monetary favours in return for passing; there's also the fraud of falsifying a students record; these are crimes our lecturers have grown accustomed to committing every year, every semester.

There are also those questioning whether she trapped him by asking - even if she did propose, it's up to him to say "no, you can try the exam again, write a paper, or do some other academic-related work to show you know the material". From the pompous way he made his demands (and mentioned another lady who was willing to yield to them), I'm not convinced she's in the wrong.

Kudos to the lady jare, and to our randy lecturer who abuses his position: ntoooooooooor shocked grin
I hope lecturers around will take notice - times have changed and misdeeds will be brought to light and punished.

u are yanning opata... they want to be easy prey, they dont study. they dont want to study. if this prof nacks once and gives a B, all this brouhaha wont be on social media, maybe the guy sometimes wont even help after nackings, or he actually nacked her before and still failed her, that's why all this is news... i beg, leave matter .. na today? these gurls are the ones harrasing the profs with their cou. chie not the other way round

1 Like

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by engrkaz(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2018
veacea:
We should all wait till the report of the committee is known and not just speculations. However, my question so what happens after the suspension?
it's a standard procedure in civil service. He's being investigated for a serious misconduct. The Public Service Rule stipulates that he be suspended, and be interdicted (and would be placed on half his salary) pending the determination of his case. If he's found innocent, he will be asked to resume duty with the backlog of his emoluments completely paid to him, he could also be recommended for promotion if he's so due., but if on the other hand he's found culpable, a letter of termination of appointment will be issued, and litigation will follow, if necessary.

1 Like

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by AiiVee(m): 12:36am On Apr 19, 2018
thats still good at least the matter no die down without any thing being done. make he sha no do fire for fire for the lady sha
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 19, 2018
supereagle:

. One thing many people don't know is that when you get to the zenith of success, you need to walk carefully less you fall from grace to grass. The foolishness will continue to hunt him.

Exactly.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Alejoc(m): 1:43am On Apr 19, 2018
When your dick dictates your thinking pattern....

You are always going to land yourself in a waterloo
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by JAMESOJAY: 3:54am On Apr 19, 2018
Useless Yourba People that's how they keep dragging us to the mud..Fools
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2018
You and obstead200 are both right.I didn't reason it to this side I just felt the girl needed some form of protection both you both have a valid point thanks. wink
Donmeca:

We need to know who the girl is. We want to follow her academic history...how has she been "passing" her exams to the level of pursuing an MBA? Has she been sleeping with grandfathers for marks or is this a one-off? We can unearth her exam scrpts and compare with her exams scores. This case shud not be knee-jerk shi.t

Her reg number shud be public knowledge and if the school doesn't release her identify, i suggest that Prof Akindele finds a way to leak her details to the public. This will go a long way to show the "sexual harassment victims" that they don't have all the aces in blackmail. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by BabaO2: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Donmeca:

You are only struggling to be rational. Did you know how CIA works? why don't you prosecute Otedola why he released phone conversation between him and lawan farouk? Did you catch the girl or u compel her to release the conversation? Intention is to clean the system of bad elements, same lecturer has been accused of sexual harassment by past female student now based in Ireland. The girl only played along to nail him not that they have been involved in sexual relationship in the past.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Donmeca(m): 7:36am On Apr 19, 2018
BabaO2:

You are only struggling to be rational. Did you know how CIA works? why don't you prosecute Otedola why he released phone conversation between him and lawan farouk? Did you catch the girl or u compel her to release the conversation? Intention is to clean the system of bad elements, same lecturer has been accused of sexual harassment by past female student now based in Ireland. The girl only played along to nail him not that they have been involved in sexual relationship in the past.

Your analogy does not work. We didn't prosecute Otedola but again, did we prosecute Lawan after he banked money in his cap?

I'm not asking that the said "victim" be prosecuted. But the claim she "played along" childish. She hasn't even made a statement on it. She probably thought we wud believe her to be a victim, as it's commonplace to take advantage of girls. She hasn't even claimed that the old man wrongly failed her to extort her or that the prof made the first call on this matter. Who else is involved in her sting operation?

We must protect our girls from evil men but you need to see the pressure students put lecturers under everyday.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Donmeca(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2018
nextstep:

Kudos. But when you failed those numerous times, what did you do? Brace up and study hard for an extra course next year or pick up a phone and call the lecturer for him to "do something"?

People spent 4-6 years in school without getting known by lecturers. When u abide by d rules and pass or even write the course again after you have failed, you won't have time to call any lecturer.

It's not a crime to fail. It only becomes a crime when you after seeing you've failed a course, instead of picking up ur handouts, u pick up ur phone to call the lecturer and propose inducements for better marks.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by BabaO2: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Donmeca:

Your analogy does not work. We didn't prosecute Otedola but again, did we prosecute Lawan after he banked money in his cap?

I'm not asking that the said "victim" be prosecuted. But the claim she "played along" childish. She hasn't even made a statement on it. She probably thought we wud believe her to be a victim, as it's commonplace to take advantage of girls. She hasn't even claimed that the old man wrongly failed her to extort her or that the prof made the first call on this matter. Who else is involved in her sting operation?

We must protect our girls from evil men but you need to see the pressure students put lecturers under everyday.
Compatriot, Lawan is still facing prosecution. Lawan was seen as the best and most transparent youthful politician before the revelation, he could even had been voted as the president by now if not for that revelation, but today, he's out because of his hypocritic stance. .
You don't need to know the identity of the girl, otherwise, it will be discouraging for girls to come forward for similar revelations, even if she appears before the committee, her identity must be protected. Why do you want to know her past records/performances, somebody that finished first degree and still aspiring to have MBA should tell you, she's not a dullard, she could even have failed the course because of her tight schedules, probably coming from Lagos/PH for lectures/tests etc. Definitely, she had not sexual relationship with the man in the past.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Jkvivi2020: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2018
old big fool.see as he eye be like opolo Jesu.you get wife for house you they find MBA Toto when you wan Bleep.They always think to use their position to Bleep all.manners,shape and sizes of different girls with different pussy.Girl you tried to expose the idiot so that others will learn from it.if na some other wayward girls them go jump enter the old fool bed.That is the real truth all wayward lecturer reading this take it or leave it no offense.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by Dre183(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2018
I pray others learn from this... There are numerous of this lecturers in poly Ibadan that engage is such act... I hope the get caught soon... Foolish people
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by josite: 10:41am On Apr 19, 2018
.more of this will still happen with the continue promotion of senseless idiots to professorship status.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by ImaIma1(f): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2018
How this lecturers put their mouth to ask for sex? Do they not feel shame or somehow?

Now see how he has disgraced his family and his whole local government.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by castrol180(m): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
This won't serve as lesson to others just as https://www.nairaland.com/3450868/uniosun-sacks-olabode-ojoniyi-lecturer didnt serve as lesson to him then...
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by bobnatlo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
akeentech:
This is hypocrisy of the highest order where's the said lady picture? we only see the professor of sexology' photo and it's unfair on his side.

See wia toto land this married pastor. You have your wife to fuc.k 1001 times a day but u choose to go the wayward part. Serves u well

U be lecturer abi
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by castrol180(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
BabaO2:
Compatriot, Lawan is still facing prosecution. Lawan was seen as the best and most transparent youthful politician before the revelation, he could even had been voted as the president by now if not for that revelation, but today, he's out because of his hypocritic stance. .
You don't need to know the identity of the girl, otherwise, it will be discouraging for girls to come forward for similar revelations, even if she appears before the committee, her identity must be protected. Why do you want to know her past records/performances, somebody that finished first degree and still aspiring to have MBA should tell you, she's not a dullard, she could even have failed the course because of her tight schedules, probably coming from Lagos/PH for lectures/tests etc. Definitely, she had not sexual relationship with the man in the past.

Keep shut there! Can't you read?The lady in question instigated the call and also in their conversation asked the professor what the "411" should be and when the man couldn't decode the slang, the lady requested the way forward. Moreover, It was reported that the girl is a regular student (full time) and not shuttling any town to ife as you made it to be believed.

Had the Reverend professor decided not to mention space of time for the sex, who knows if she would have consented to the stuff.

Why shouldn't she be made to come out and share her revelation just to serve as detriment to others like her in her position, who cannot read but desire sex to be pushed forward...
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by abimic(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
As bad as the lecturer's act was, it would be unfair if the girl isn't cautioned. How can a MBA student not know her onions well, does she think MBA is where they play love chit chats? Spare me the hypocrisy, how could she not have prepared for her exam as a post graduate, not even undergraduate student?.. She as a graduate even underplayed the situation by not appearing before the panel, she only wanted to drown the daft professor who allowed himself to be used as a pawn. Infact, the girl already made a sully of her reputation as even her friends, boss even other lecturers would be wary of her. Infact, her first degree need be X-rayed.
Re: OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark by CapitanS: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
He should be jailed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Almajiri, Adamu Tilde Graduates From Hungary University (pics) / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Federal Government Colleges Oldies Alone:signin Here(pro Unitate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.