Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi (1121 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Enugu’s Masterplan: Between Political Correctness And Municipal Expediency / Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by nku5: 6:23am On Apr 19, 2018
The Federal arrest of the Nnewi Master-plan as a microcosm of the arrest of development of Igboland and advancement of Igbo people in Nigeria –

This will be my Tribute to Prof J.O.C Onyemelukwe, just laid to rest in Nnewi, April 2018 as I mourn with his son and my friend, Obiora Onyemelukwe.
While lamenting the atrocious Post-War Punitive Policies of the so-called “Federal Government” of Nigeria in Igboland and the heinous outcomes, Chike Onyemelukwe wrote as follows:

“By plan since after the War, the Zone by Official Federal Government Policy was denied Infrastructure to support meaningful Development. Roadways, Water, Electricity, Seaports, Airports, Federal Institutions, Foreign Embassies. NotIgb only that, Self-Help Community efforts was outlawed right after the war in East Central State. It was outlawed, because Nnewi developed a Master-Plan for Nnewi that would have Nnewi businesses headquartered at Nnewi, with a Market bigger than Onitsha Market with Roads and Highways to the Food-Producing areas. It was at the stage of raising the Funds in the Nnewi traditional manner that the news got to the Federal Government. East Central State was forced to pass an Edict, to the effect that any Community that raised Funds for Community Projects, shall forward the raised Funds to the State Government. The State will decide what the money will be used for and where. Some will remember that at the end of the War, people were forced to drive from Sokoto, from Lagos, from Madugiri to Nnewi for Motor Parts. By 1973 the Roads and lack of structures forced the business people to relocate to Lagos and from there to other parts of Nigeria with roads and etc. Our people were forced out of Igboland. The Professor that led the effort on the Master Plan for Nnewi at that time was buried Thursday last week, Prof J. O. C. Onyemeluke. He drove from Ibadan every two weeks in a Volkswagen Beetle, for a working meeting with other professionals.”

As it was for shutting down the Nnewi Master- Plan, so it was for shutting down the only Power Plant in Igboland at Oji River built by the Government of the then Eastern Region to Provide Electricity to the Eastern Nigeria.

So it was for shuttering the entire Eastern Economic Corridor which includes the Ports of Port Harcourt and Calabar and which forced the almost 80% of Importers in Nigeria, who are Igbo, to ship in their merchandise through Lagos Ports and then run the gauntlet from Customs, to Police to all manners of Robbery-Style Tax Roadblocks.

So it was for the deliberately degraded “Federal” Road Infrastructure across the East which in turn ruined all other Roads.

So it was for the deliberate
De-Industrialization of Eastern Nigeria from the lofty heights already attained during the Premiership of M.I Okpara under an Eastern Region Industrial Master-Plan that became the support-frame for the miracle-grade Biafra’s Technological leap into the future;

So it was for the targeted, deliberate degradation of human Capital with the omnipotent Quota System which severely constricted academic opportunities for our People by near-impossible entry-point requirements but lavishly avails the same opportunities to the others at ridiculously lowered, almost-nil entry-point requirements; (Unity Schools, JAMB, NDA etc).

So it was with the glass- ceiling placed on the Igbo in the Public Service of the Federation, Armed Forces, Police and other Security Services of the Federation.

So it was with the many Policy obstacles deliberately placed on the way of Igbo-owned businesses while mind-boggling concessions are granted their competitors from elsewhere thus while Ibeto had to be run out of one cement town, Dangote had to be airlifted into several cement towns. Innoson Motors is still embroiled in the FG-Induced-Shut-Igbo-Down miasma.

In response to these malevolent offerings of Nigeria to the Peoples of Eastern Nigeria, a generation has arisen to extricate the Territory from the vicious, backward “British/Caliphate Suzerainty” the World calls “Nigeria”

The LNC is in the vanguard of the decisive Self-Determination push, targeted at collapsing the Caliphate-Imposed, Worse-Than-Apartheid, Master-Servant Constitution 1999 to free the entrapped and Occupied Eastern Nigeria into Independence via a Referendum.

Tony Nnadi is the Secretary General of Lower Niger Congress (LNC) and Movement for New Nigeria (MNN)

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by Reelectbuhari: 6:53am On Apr 19, 2018
too bad
Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by authehighness: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2018
i think,we the igbos are complaining too much,even when,we know what God has done and is still doing for us since the world ended,our recovering is miraculous,i have been and even live in some northern part of nigeria,their sufferings are numerous,sickness,poverty,illitreacy and hopeless youths,even for years now those that fought against us during the civil war,are being killed on daily basis,their women raped without them knowing when it will end,it is time for us to stop complaining and learn how to appreciate God

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by Omololu2121: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2018
Cry cry people grin

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by nku5: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
authehighness:
i think,we the igbos are complaining too much,even when,we know what God has done and is still doing for us since the world ended,our recovering is miraculous,i have been and even live in some northern part of nigeria,their sufferings are numerous,sickness,poverty,illitreacy and hopeless youths,even for years now those that fought against us during the civil war,are being killed on daily basis,their women raped without them knowing when it will end,it is time for us to stop complaining and learn how to appreciate God

Knowledge is power.

You cannot implement policies that killed growth and expect that the facts of what was deliberately and maliciously done will not be talked about when it is discovered.

It is your history, why don't you want the truth to be known?

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by Xander85: 12:58pm On May 13, 2018
Tony Nnadi looks to me to be an intelligent man, but surely he should have realised by now that his approach is not yielding any results. He's even teamed up with other agitators from the Niger Delta like Ankio Briggs, but thus far all their talking has gotten them nowhere. They're not seen as a threat to the established order in any way, and this is why the 'owners of Nigeria' can afford to ignore them and relax! Mazi Kanu and Igbos approach is more effective and equally feared!

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 13, 2018
we won't stop till every part of igbo land is been developed like Canada ,life is turn by turn tomorrow it may happen to your tribe hope you won't complain.

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by meccuno: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2019
wonder why this post had very little comments and some people would be telling us to "go back to our villages" like as if they didnt know that these villages were deliberately made

2 Likes

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by kernel001: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2019
authehighness:

We're voicing our history, I've never read this story before now. History is important. I will always love Chinua Achebe "There was a Country".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The FG Arrested Nnewi Masterplan After The Civil War - Tony Nnadi by nku5: 8:02am On Mar 20, 2019
kernel001:

We're voicing our history, I've never read this story before now. History is important. I will always love Chinua Achebe "There was a Country".

100% correct

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fayemi Qualified To Contest / Opinion: Why Buhari May Lose The 2019 Presidential Election / Ambode: A Testimonial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.