Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details (885 Views)

Chrisland Sextape: May We Never Born Children That Will Disgrace Us / Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo / Simple And Interesting Riddles You Are Likely To Get Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 19, 2018
A study has concluded that second-born children are more likely to end up getting in trouble at school or having issues with the law later in life—a finding that is sure to bring much pleasure to older siblings everywhere.
Researchers from MIT, Northwestern and University of Florida (plus a few others) followed thousands of sets of brothers in Denmark and the state of Florida—two dramatically different cultures.
They found that second-born boys in both locations were more apt to run afoul of authority figures than their older peers.
“Despite large differences in environments across the two areas, we find remarkably consistent results: In families with two or more children, second-born boys are on the order of 20 to 40 percent more likely to be disciplined in school and enter the criminal justice system compared to first-born boys even when we compare siblings,” the authors wrote in a paper about the study.
The connection between birth order and crime
So, why does birth order affect the likelihood of criminality?
The study authors theorize that this higher risk of delinquency could be due to the fact that second-born children do not receive the one-on-one focus and doting that their older siblings did (“Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!”). As a result, they may act out as a way to get their folks to focus on them.
The authors also point to the fact that parentsClick here for full details
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by IdeyFindWife: 7:02am On Apr 19, 2018
And na study be dis? Nor go read better study wey improve Una country condition.

Any study wey fit return the dullard to Daura not more than 2019 na confirmed study
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
And na study be dis? Nor go read better study wey improve Una country condition.

Any study wey fit return the dullard to Daura not more than 2019 na confirmed study

Haha b like say u b 2nd born o
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by CapitanS: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
And I'm the second born o. Chai!!!
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by hadjipapiey(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Wrong notion shocked
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by hadjipapiey(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
CapitanS:
And I'm the second born o. Chai!!!

The way you sounded ...

And I (you) may turn a criminal o grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Ocheinstein(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nonsense. Am a second born. It doesn't add up
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Apus: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Eeeyyaah!! And i'm kinda d coolest of my siblings. What an Unfortunate research.. buh I don't mind being an Arnold or Rambo in future so I can take care of these legislooters. Not those Omo-agege type of criminals.
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Apus:
Eeeyyaah!! And i'm kinda d coolest of my siblings. What an Unfortunate research.. buh I don't mind being an Arnold or Rambo in future so I can take care of these legislooters. Not those Omo-agege type of criminals.

Haha I'm also a second born to o
Re: Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details by Dface2: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
Download Research Project Topics & Materials Here
@
www.projectreserve.com

Preparing to write your Final Year Project/Thesis and in need of the best project topics and materials at various levels (i.e Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D)?
Get it done with NO stress today.
Goto: www.projectreserve.com for downloads!
-----------------------------------------------

Are you also working on a FRESH Project Topic approved to you by your supervisor?
Or are you working on a project topic which is not listed or related to the topics we have on our site?
If "YES", then you have nothing to worry about as we are capable of developing write-up on a "NEW" research topic in various field of study.
Kindly click here: www.projectreserve.com/p/hire-writer.html and follow the procedure to get started right away.

Contact our help desk today: 08074521866, 08066484965.
Our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/projectreserve

NOTE: All research projects, Research Term Papers and Essays on our site are well researched, supervised and approved by lecturers who are intellectuals in their various fields of study.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Studying Or Have Studied In India? Come In! / Scholarship Offer For Bachelors, Masters And PHD At Unicaf University / Nigerian Army University Biu (naub) Remedial Registration Deadline For 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.