Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (54790 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She did nothing ...simply because she enjoyed it.

Now she's calling it sexual assault.
Confused women everywhere.

Na dem go moan pass, na dem go still say person rape dem.

Useless Igbo bitches
U were feeling Hot when he romanced u...u did nothing, he caressed u...u did nothing, his hand went under ya blouse, u did nothing.....2day it is sexual harassment

In d daytime AWON FEMINISTS
At night AWON COUGARS AND SUGARMUMMIES

That 50 nollywood movie portrayed d nonsense of Naija Feminists indepth
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I admire Chimamanda to a great extent. However, I think she plays to the gallery a lot and mostly say things that make her more acceptable in the highly hypocritical Western society. I have watched many of her videos before coming to this conclusion. sad
I don't understand.

Are you saying she should say things that are acceptable to backward Africa?

Someone that has spent a lot of time in the west, and has seen the broader picture will no longer be acceptable to black Africa.

Besides, you have obviously not watched her videos.

Go and watch the her speech on the dangers of a single story on YouTube and see how she was defending Africa from negative stereotypes that the west have about the continent.

She made this landmark statement in that speech .

The problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete..

Chimamanda Ngozi adichie

Does that sound like somebody pandering unthinkingly to western beliefs?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
prince3009:

Not a fan of Chimamanda...but you actually didn't make any iota of sense undecided

Are you allergic to intelligent, opinionated women?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by openmine(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
raumdeuter:

This is Bullshiiit

If I come to you and say I want to sleep with you, Do you realize you have the right to decline right? There is something like proposition and there is something called declining. Every girl knows this and stop making it sound like girls are dumb and have to take every proposition thrown at them

Of the men who have approached you for sex in your life, did you agree to sleep with everyone of them?

And the pay disparity, there is something called negotiation in every instance of business. If I offer you 200 and you accept, then the next person I offer him 200 and he declines insisting on 2M. Then dont blame me or him for knowing his worth and insisting on it

If you agree to 200, Do you expect me to give you more?

If you want to buy bread and offer N100 and the seller accepts, should I blame you for not offering N10,000

Omoh over sense no go kill U

The pay disparity is one stale area feminist grasp just to find sympathy from deluded folks forgetting that in the world of business,there is something called negotiation!

This same scenario is even quoted in d bible where a man hires workers for a job in the morning for a certain amount of money only for the workers to get angry that the employer paid those he hired in the afternoon the same pay like theirs!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by delivryboy: 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I admire Chimamanda to a great extent. However, I think she plays to the gallery a lot and mostly say things that make her more acceptable in the highly hypocritical Western society. I have watched many of her videos before coming to this conclusion. sad
You are an exceptionlly observant person. That in fact is the easiest way to win a Nobel prize. If you look very well at Wole Soyinka's Nobel prize and the works that earned him the prize, you would not fail to see a similar trend of patronizing the western cultures and ideologies and almost portraying African cultures and standards as primitive. I salute your depth of thought.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

Are you allergic to intelligent, opinionated women?

Not really. Chimamanda even comes from my place but she doesn't really appeal to me. Though I admire her works and all and i must admit that she has done alot for herself and carved a niche but i just see her as she is... a person. She's not the type that I'll be in a room and they'll say, "Hey, Chimamanda just stepped in and is in the other room" and I'll go to catch a glance or even peer. You get?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by CSTR1003: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
prince3009:

Not really. Chimamanda even comes from my place but she doesn't really appeal to me. Though I admire her works and all and i must admit that she has done alot for herself and carved a niche but i just see her as she is... a person. She's not the type that I'll be in a room and they'll say, "Hey, Chimamanda just stepped in and is in the other room" and I'll go to catch a glance or even peer. You get?
So which kind of women appeals to you?

Better men than you are in awe of her .

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by uchbaba(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
raumdeuter:
All these fabricated stories just to gain fame

To slip hands in shirt and under bra takes how many seconds? abi na speed of light the guy hand dey take move?
And in this time you were not able to respond or push him away violently

And you mean you didn't share any flirtatious moment together?
FAME!! really?!! Mr.man are u new to earth? one of the best brain of our time,u are hilarious
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by GOFRONT(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
Chai!!!!
Chaiii
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by itsandi(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
This is so sad. Such a respectable woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
xagorakis:
angry
In as much as sexual abuse is unacceptable and offensive, ladies should please stop using the media to tell their 'tales of the abused' after years or months of letting the culprit escape justice; as if it is a golden ticket to a million dollars. If you can bear the pain and let the culprit go scot free, please continue to bear the pain and leave us in peace. Madam told us she played along after the incident to see if she can get her desired result but she never told us if she gave in or if the man later helped, then what is the essence of this story?
in fact very annoying poo....you spoke well
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
so the man got his hand under your SHIRT and BRA, and you didnt think to say no or push his hand away as it was getting closer to your body?!?!?! how can a hand even "slip" under a shirt, or better yet a damn bra?! no wonder this demon had the audacity to try, if you couldnt even stop him when he was aiming for the breast... and then to make matters even worse, instead of giving this man a piece of your mind as to what happened, you still care about this book deal and downplay this abuse?!?!? no wonder there so many Weinstein bastards in this world

as much as what he did is wrong,this lady should certainly take some of the blame for this nonsense!
lgood analysis

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by wildcatter23(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
[quote author=Ogunleti01 post=66851779][/quote]

In this case........ destination--++++++ pussyville
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by kingthreat(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
IgboticGirl:

yea big empty bowel like u

we all should be feminist tongue tongue tongue

Shit-filled intestines grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

a lady under pressure of getting help couldn't have acted so rude, the way we think varies hence her slow response beside that's not a justification for the man to took advantage of her
keep quiet...is he the only man to help? nonsense

I have been reading your response trying to defend her...so she can't give him a slap and walk out of the office? nonsense again

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
there are NO Pressure...if you cant say NO because you want to achieve whatever rubbish, then so be it,,, but if a man eye you then say NO, and if he insists then find ways to make him stop (the right way or the crazy way) but dont come here and justify this rubbish!

all them women who were abused by Weisntein etc did so because they are DELUDED...and went ahead to sleep with this man to get a role. they did NOT have to sleep with him, they did so because he was a powerful man in Hollywood who promise to put them in their next movies...the deluded ones slept with him, the proper ones with skills TURNED HIM DOWN! same thing that happens evryday with people who are trying to cut corners by sleeping their way to the top, where their lack of skills couldnt get them.
my brother, your brain na like king Solomon own

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Adebowale89(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
Fourwinds:
keep quiet...is he the only man to help? nonsense

I have been reading your response trying to defend her...so she can't give him a slap and walk out of the office? nonsense again

is it that most of you here drink gums because I don't understand the twisting in my posts.

she didn't visited as just a visitor but rather as someone who needs help, she politely pull the man hands, trying not to offend him and also preventing him from harassing her body

have you handle situation under pressure before? please get sense and stop splitting thrash
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by XingXhang(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
AccessME:
Like For Liverpool to win the Champions League

Share For Madrid!

If you like LIKE and SHARE all you want, CR7 will still clinch it once again.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

do you have the audacity to say that its better to accept being molested/assaulted (in order to get a biz deal) than to keep your DIGNITY?!

but hey, i hope that they day you have to sign a biz deal, and the guy in front of you is gay and starts touching you (or worst), you will have the same mindset to gladly ACCEPT being molested/assaulted by him. lol!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

is it that most of you here drink gums because I don't understand the twisting in my posts.

she didn't visited as just a visitor but rather as someone who needs help, she politely pull the man hands, trying not to offend him and also preventing him from harassing her body

have you handle situation under pressure before? please get sense and stop splitting thrash
let me ask you a question.... did the man respect her by slipping his hand under her shirt and bra? if your response is no...

then the man deserve no respect...and the only way to show that he deserve no respect is a quick slap on his face

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Adebowale89(m): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
Fourwinds:
let me ask you a question.... did the man respect her by slipping his hand under her shirt and bra? if your response is no...

then the man deserve no respect...and the only way to show that he deserve no respect is a quick slap on his face

Tap your head and make sure your mental faculty is active before reading a post

she was the one that needs help not the man, how can u then come up with such absurd conclusion, huh

na your type dey shake whenever your boss dey abuse u. go and get experience of situation under pressure and come back to read my post diligently then you would understand my plight

I'm not supporting her, only placing her experienced in a psychological trait
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Fourwinds: 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

Tap your head and make sure your mental faculty is active before reading a post

she was the one that needs help not the man, how can u then come up with such absurd conclusion, huh

na your type dey shake whenever your boss dey abuse u. go and get experience of situation under pressure and come back to read my post diligently then you would understand my plight

I'm not supporting her, only placing her experienced in a psychological trait
my question is must the help com from him?

for your information I have a boss, I don't care if I lose my job at any time...that is why I plan ahead...

i m not someone who go to bar and drink to stupor and forget about reality of things ok
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by GoldHorse(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
so the man got his hand under your SHIRT and BRA, and you didnt think to say no or push his hand away as it was getting closer to your body?!?!?! how can a hand even "slip" under a shirt, or better yet a damn bra?! no wonder this demon had the audacity to try, if you couldnt even stop him when he was aiming for the breast... and then to make matters even worse, instead of giving this man a piece of your mind as to what happened, you still care about this book deal and downplay this abuse?!?!? no wonder there so many Weinstein bastards in this world

as much as what he did is wrong,this lady should certainly take some of the blame for this nonsense!

See....If you have not experienced something before DON'T try and explain away whatever those that has felt or how they react. YOU CAN NEVER KNOW HOW IT FEEL TO BE IN SUCH SITUATION. You can only "explain" what you think it should be like. In situations like these one is usually taken aback especially when you NEVER expected such could happen.

I know EXACTLY what she's talking about because i experienced such and it was so sudden, unexpected and just out of the blues.

SHORT DETAIL OF MINE: A man that was helping with getting my medicals ready for admission started handling my leg in the bus. First time in my life I would experience what they called dumbfoundedNess! I couldn't talk, move or anything! I was just frozen. I'm sure the man must have sensed my tension or saw the disgust in my face that he suddenly stopped. I was too ashamed to even say anything. I know what she meant by being disgusted and repulsive at the man.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IgboticGirl(f): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
kingthreat:

Shit-filled intestines grin grin

dry dick like u grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by daveP(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Like seriously??

I'm I the only one that feel that to gain cheap attention, you tell stuff to international audience.

In the space of how many days, we have PMB and Chimamanda telling stuff on a foreign soil about Nigeria.... and they say they are championing our cause

Swerve abeg.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by kingthreat(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
IgboticGirl:

dry dick like u grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue

Try me. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by wyzoe: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

She either stretched the story or she's lying. She should name the man.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
GoldHorse:
See....If you have not experienced something before DON'T try and explain away whatever those that has felt or how they react. YOU CAN NEVER KNOW HOW IT FEEL TO BE IN SUCH SITUATION. You can only "explain" what you think it should be like. In situations like these one is usually taken aback especially when you NEVER expected such could happen.

I know EXACTLY what she's talking about because i experienced such and it was so sudden, unexpected and just out of the blues.

SHORT DETAIL OF MINE: A man that was helping with getting my medicals ready for admission started handling my leg in the bus. First time in my life I would experience what they called dumbfoundedNess! I couldn't talk, move or anything! I was just frozen. I'm sure the man must have sensed my tension or saw the disgust in my face that he suddenly stopped. I was too ashamed to even say anything. I know what she meant by being disgusted and repulsive at the man.

if you (or any woman) is too ashamed to report such crimes then guess who is responsible for these demons to continue doing this rubbish?!?
furthermore, did you still try to act nice around the guy who molested you, in order to get whatever he was gonna offer you? if that is the case then, AGAIN, you should take some of the blame for what happened... so keep being ashamed in silence, and dont bring it to some faceless forum without even the name of the demon, because guess what?! it is POINTLESS. the day women decide to act right (and report these demons to the proper institutions), then we will finally start to eradicate these assaults.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
wyzoe:
She either stretched the story or she's lying. She should name the man.

her aim was never to name the man (she is still protecting him possibly hoping for the book deal), because if she does say his name then we will focus on HIM and not her. its obvious she came here looking for sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by GoldHorse(m): 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

if you (or any woman) is too ashamed to report such crimes then guess who is responsible for these demons to continue doing this rubbish?!?
furthermore, did you still try to act nice around the guy who molested you, in order to get whatever he was gonna offer you? if that is the case then, AGAIN, you should take some of the blame for what happened... so keep being ashamed in silence, and dont bring it to some faceless forum without even the name of the demon, because guess what?! it is POINTLESS. the day women decide to act right (and report these demons to the proper institutions), then we will finally start to eradicate these assaults.

I am a man.

See....... undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by KrystosCJ(m): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
wildcatter23:
It's a difficult world for Ladies especially ladies with brains who certain men cannot help but see them as sexual objects that they could exploit.

It's difficult for a guy to be with a lady without been switched on sexually.

At the end, sexual harassment is on the cards, if the sexual advances aren't appreciated by the lady.

It's just not Ok

But if she shows up like this, we will ride down that pussyville. Screwing the poo outta her will definitely be in the cards

Is that a generalization of the male gender as per your own standards or is this a fact?

Anyways,

I think that Chimamanda decided not to escalate her experience with that man out of respect for him. Yes, she needed something from him and he was in the position to grant it to her. Unfortunately, he wanted payment before service and he demanded it through his actions against her.

She should have spoken out earlier so that other women who may know about his impolite tendencies and avoid him or be wise when dealing with him. However, the circumstances that surrounded her at that particular moment may have influenced her course of action.

None of us where there to know what kind of clothes she wore, if they were revealing or not.

She should give us his name, because to me, that's what matters right now.. so we know how to deal with the pervert.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
GoldHorse:

I am a man.

See....... undecided

bro, same issue, different sex, same reasoning!!!! this is not a gender issue, just like i said earlier. ANYONE who has been violated should report the crime, if anybody think that shame should have them sweep the issue under a rug (like nothing happened) then let THEM take some of the blame for what happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke / A Thorn in the Flesh 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.