Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:59 AM

Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? (4119 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. / Ask Satan To Appear If He Trully Exist Ogaga4love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by oluwabamis(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2010
This new trend of private jet by men of God is worth debating as its a source of concern in the xtian fold, lets debate it. I think is private jets is not necessary. lets hear your views, in a very civilized manner pls
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by REALTRUTH1: 7:20pm On May 15, 2010
None of them deserve a private Jet,,,I do not see any reason so far given to validate the why they should have it.Its simply a thing of class,,,It does not add sny spiritual or economical values,,,rather it stirs up issues that questions the Integrity and the drift associated with these present day CHURCHES,,,
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Omolulu(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2010
i think there are a few threads on this topic
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by oluwabamis(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2010
honestly speaking, any day my pastor buys his own jet, thats the day i will lleave the ministry, cos he will surely be distracted by the jet, moreso a lot of the ministry funds go into the operation of that jet, precious money that could help uplift the brethren who are poor. There are committed xtians who are sincerely in need of financial assistance in virtually all the churches of these "private jets owing pastors". To me this is the height of insensitivity on the part these pastors, what happened to compassion, brotherly love, being ur brother's keeper, bearing the burden of one another, etc etc. Our pastors should know that their job is not only to preach in the pulpits, but to be personnally involved in their members' lives. There is no amount of justifications for that "investment"

We have very busy business owners whose networth are in the billions (in whatever currency you like it) and most of them arent owing a jet, most of these men have a true need for this machine. God will deliver the body of christ from his men.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Krayola(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2010
Depends on how big his ministry business is. If he has to save souls extort people at a lot of different places and he'll be making more than it costs to run the jet, then he needs it. If he can afford it why the hell not? He works hard for the money so he can do whatever h wants with it.

I don't think he even has to need it. He can buy it just to let u know that god y'all have been good to him. Alleluia!!
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by davmor(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2010
Amen my dear. But lets be specific, apart from this their greedy personal jets, even the universities that they opened, which I thought would have been made to help the poor members of their churches is even the highest in cost among the Nigerian Universities. Am confused, is it not greedy and selfish? They are not leading as Jesus has foundationed at all. I will rather like to know them as merchants than men of God, or wat do you guyz think?

1 Like

Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by davmor(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2010
Amen my dear. But lets be specific, apart from this their greedy personal jets, even the universities that they opened, which I thought would have been made to help the poor members of their churches is even the highest in cost among the Nigerian Universities. Am confused, is it not greedy and selfish? They are not leading as Jesus has foundationed at all. I will rather like to know them as merchants than men of God, or wat do you guyz think? grin
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by sizzlers(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2010
It's too bad,
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Zodiac61(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2010
What kind of a question is this?
Of course a pastor needs private jets (not jet).
How else would he be able to show that his god is a great and wonderful god.
They fail in the miracle department, they fail in the prayer department, they fail in the spiritual healing department.
The only successes our pastors have is in the money making department.
10% of other people's money is a lot of money. And it has to be used to show how the Lawd has been merciful to his own.
It does not matter that there are scheduled flights to wherever he needs wants to go, arriving in a private jet is infinitely better.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Anyone who is against these conmen, sorry, these hard working men of god owning private jets off the backs of their poverty stricken, mostly jobless and ever suffering congregations is only envious. And envy gets you nowhere.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by nuclearboy(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2010
Zodiac61:

They fail in the miracle department, they fail in the prayer department, they fail in the spiritual healing department.
10% of other people's money is a lot of money. And it has to be used to show how the Lawd has been merciful to his own.
It does not matter that there are scheduled flights to wherever he needs wants to go, arriving in a private jet is infinitely better.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Anyone who is against these conmen, sorry, these hard working men of god owning private jets off the backs of their poverty stricken, mostly jobless and ever suffering congregations is only envious. And envy gets you nowhere.

Thats not how they say it, dude - envy "of them" gets you to "hell" grin grin is the right phrase
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Ganjaseed: 3:47pm On May 17, 2010
I dont think we should burder about this for too long. Buying a jet is not the issue, My question is, how long are they able to maintain the jet? The cost to maintain the jet in a month is enough to buy 15 people ticket (return) to Europe, that is what one single man will spend from the church pocket because according to him he is going to where ever to preach. Think well people, God has not directed this guys to acquire these jets. it is strictly from their heart.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Zodiac61(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2010
nuclearboy:

Thats not how they say it, dude - envy "of them" gets you to "hell"  grin grin is the right phrase
My mistake, you are quite right.
Ganjaseed:

I dont think we should burder about this for too long. Buying a jet is not the issue, My question is, how long are they able to maintain the jet? The cost to maintain the jet in a month is enough to buy 15 people ticket (return) to Europe, that is what one single man will spend from the church pocket because according to him he is going to where ever to preach. Think well people, God has not directed this guys to acquire these jets. it is strictly from their heart.
Oh ye of little faith  undecided undecided undecided
What is a small thing like maintenance of a private jet to the lord (the one who works in mysterious ways)?
A thanksgiving service here, an anointing service there, an after service collection and (the Daddy of them all) a 'give all you have service and watch it multiple 100 fold' service, and the small matter of maintenance is solved.
Do I detect envy here? The man of dog  sorry, god cannot and should not mix with the hoi polloi (the great unwashed). Oh no, better that he travels in a private jet (imagine the carbon footprint), than save money. The man needs to be near to his maker when travelling abroad, and frankly, the presence of the great unsaved is a distraction.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by ogajim(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2010
Keeping up with the "Jones-es" is one VALID reason a jet would be needed, once their "followers" come now, they will tell you how much travel has to be done and how chartered flights or 1st class tickets won't suffice and how you need not "touch my anointed", the list goes on.

"he who have ears, let him hear" , "by their fruits, ye shall know them"
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by petres007(m): 8:17pm On May 17, 2010
Zodiac61:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by richjohn1(m): 8:02am On May 18, 2010
@Zodiac
You no go kill person for here! grin
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by petres007(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2010
rich_john:

@Zodiac
You no go kill person for here! grin

Leave am. . . him get luck say NL no get police grin
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2010
Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

It is not anybody's business what a man ride. You didnt call him, You dont know his assignment or calling. Some ministers travell a lot by the reason of their calling and some had to travell with so many crew member. commercial flights have delayed some of them and many atimes they have to chartter a jet, If such will deem it right to buy one for the ministry because of the crowd that work with them, and also having control of their time, i dont think its anybody's bussiness. Many ministers in the world recieve their jets as gifts and as an answer to their hindrances. Archbishop Idahosa one once offered a jet as gift but he declined saying he may not be able to maintain it. by the way is private jet made for animals? is it not for human beings? What is in it that God cant give a man should the need for it arise? If a man has a wrong motive for acquiring one, it is between him and God.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by PastorAIO: 9:48am On May 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

It is not anybody's business what a man ride. You didnt call him, You dont know his assignment or calling.

Oh yes, we do know his assignment and his calling!
7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,b drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
Matt 10
Unless you want to tell us that his assignment and calling are different from this, in which case I'll have to admit that I knew that all along.

Joagbaje:
Some ministers travell a lot by the reason of their calling and some had to travell with so many crew member. commercial flights have delayed some of them and many atimes they have to chartter a jet,

7Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.

8These were his instructions: “Take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bread, no bag, no money in your belts. 9Wear sandals but not an extra tunic.
Mark 6

All these men of God that travel with entourage when it is a fact that Jesus sent us out 2 by 2. Those were his instructions. Sandals without an extra tunic is a far cry from luxurious private jet.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2010
Was there a Jet in Jesus's day? You cant compare the ministry of Jesus with today 100% .Jesus functioned in a smaller world and reached only few people. But now the story is different .If jesus were alive in our time, will he still be trecking ? Will he treck with only sandals from lagos to kaduna? Will he treck to America or japan. He used the technology of his day, didnt he chatter boat for himself and his crew members? Did he go with regular public boat? .

Mark 3:9
And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him ,

Why was he going about with crew members, when they should have been productive in the society, they were jobless and eating people's money! FLEECING THE SHEEP!
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by ogajim(m): 12:08pm On May 19, 2010
Pastor Joagbaje is back from vacation/hibernation and already on a huge role distorting the Scriptures!

None of you so called MOGs can even touch Paul, Peter, John, etc let alone our Lord Jesus Christ who GAVE his LIFE on the Cross for our sakes.

Why was he going about with crew members, when they should have been productive in the society, they were jobless and eating people's money! FLEECING THE SHEEP!

I pray for your repentance from the blasphemy you just posted, no wonder you call your man "pastor christ" Jesus took 12 Apostles and made Disciples out of them(with the exception of Judas who was in LOVE with money like a lot of your ilk these days), ROR is not the Holy Bible dude!

FYI: The Catholic Church can buy RCCG, Winners, Love-world, Mountain of fire, etc and still have enough spare change to buy Nigeria and the rest of Africa and yet the Pope doesn't own a private jet. You guys appear to be plain NUTS worshiping your MOGs instead of Jesus Christ our true savior.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2010
ogajim:

, ROR is not the Holy Bible dude!

Who says rhapsody is holy bible. I thought we all went to school. Rhapsody is a devotional dude! grin

FYI: The Catholic Church can buy RCCG, Winners, Love-world, Mountain of fire, etc and still have enough spare change to buy Nigeria and the rest of Africa

Is it with the coins they give as offerings there they will use to buy RCCG? grin grin. So youre a catholic!
If you know how many billions great ministries like CEC commit to the work of God. You wont be sayig this kind of childish nonsense. Are churches in competition?

and yet the Pope doesn't own a private jet.

If he can afford it he would have had one, Why would he need one anyway,Does he hold crusade or heal the sick , where is he going with jet. Those who had jet has ministerial obligations to use it for. Not for pleasure ride.

You guys appear to be plain NUTS worshiping your MOGs instead of Jesus Christ our true savior.

Catholic boy thank you. I worship Jesus. And for your information, my pastor doesnt have private jet He chatter a plane ,but if the journey becomes more frequent and it seems to be more economical to buy one than to chatter, He will get it with the snap of a finger.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by nuella2(f): 2:49pm On May 19, 2010
Am sure some twenty years back if a church should buy a bus it was seen as waste. And a pastor should own a bike he was considered fake. Private jet talk, is a matter of time.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by pizzaboy(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2010
a jet is a jet , nuttin special bout it.whats da big fuss,
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by richjohn1(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2010
Pastor money bags and his twisted interpretation of scriptures well the writers of the bible made sure it could suit any purpose when the need arises he's in right direction. Continue bro continue fooling yourself! grin
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 19, 2010
If he can afford it he would have had one,

You really think the pope can't afford a jet?

The roman catholic church is more than 1000 times richer than RCCG,CEC,WINERS  put together,but the pope will never buy a private jet because milions of people all over the world are dying of hunger,he would rather wish that the money is channelled to charity.

In 2002, the Church's Catholic health care system, overseeing 625 hospitals with a combined revenue of 30 billion dollars, was also the nation's largest group of nonprofit systems.[14] In 2008, the cost of running these hospitals had risen to $84.6 billion, including the $5.7 billion they donate.[15] According to the Catholic Health Association of the United States, 60 health care systems, on average, admit one in six patients nationwide each year.[1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_the_United_States

The $5.7b,they donated to health in america alone is far above the $20m Adeboye spent on his private jet.

Why would he need one anyway,Does he hold crusade or heal the sick ,

I now see that pastors use private jets to heal the sick and hold crusade
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 4:03pm On May 19, 2010
I went to a catholic pry school. I didn't see any pope donation. I paid. In my days of ignorance of healing when I used to be sick I was going to catholic hospital. I paid . Where is the pope donation. The only thing I saw free was idols and images of baby Jesus and Maria! And so called saints.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2010
chukwudi44:

The $5.7b,they donated to health in america alone is far above the $20m Adeboye spent on his private jet.

Did Adeboye buy the jet or it was gift
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by kieryn(f): 4:14pm On May 19, 2010
Heck if the pastor get a jet can I at least have a car?
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 19, 2010
Did Adeboye buy the jet or it was gift

were you the one that gave him the gift ?
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by ogajim(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2010
P
Joagbaje:

Who says rhapsody is holy bible. I thought we all went to school. Rhapsody is a devotional dude! grin

Is it with the coins they give as offerings there they will use to buy RCCG? grin grin. So youre a catholic!
If you know how many billions great ministries like CEC commit to the work of God.  You wont be sayig this kind of childish nonsense. Are churches in competition?

If he can afford it he would have had one,  Why would he need one anyway,Does he hold crusade or heal the sick , where is he going with jet. Those who had jet has ministerial obligations to use it for. Not for pleasure ride.

Catholic boy thank you. I worship Jesus. And for your information, my pastor doesnt have private jet He chatter a plane ,but if the journey becomes  more frequent and  it seems to be more economical to buy one than to chatter,  He will get it with the snap of a finger.

Pastor Joagbaje, put the bottle down now! grin or better yet, turn off the video link to "pastor christ" so you can think rationally.

You must either be IGNORANT or from a very remote village to think the Catholic Church is as broke as your loveworld inc. and their ilk in Nigeria or elsewhere. Look it up rev.

I am not Catholic and did go to a Catholic high school but PAID a nominal fee unlike you and didn't have to pay for "dispensary/doctor" visits or medications.

I don't expect any less from a pastor who claims Jesus Christ didn't reach as much people as your "pastor christ" does today. Your game is up.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by Joagbaje(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2010
ogajim:

I don't expect any less from a pastor who claims Jesus Christ didn't reach as much people as your "pastor christ" does today.

So Ogajim tell us . How many people did Jesus Christ of nazareth converted in his earthly ministry.
From my understanding of scriptures , he expects us to do more than he did.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

So Ogajim, how many did Jesus reached.
Re: Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? by ogajim(m): 12:20am On May 21, 2010
^^^Pastor Joagbaje, so you mean to tell me you and your folks are "reaching" far more than Jesus Christ?
Ever heard of "many are called, few are chosen"? kanda kanda ooooo grin

What do you call a mourner crying more than the bereaved?

You can't be doing more than the one who PAID the ULTIMATE price for you and I and makes our "reach" possible,

In Jesus name, every knee shall bow right? or have you folks changed that too?

Like "sir Charles" wrote ", I maybe wrong but I doubt it" cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Evidence Of God's Existence / Agnosticism / Where Do We Go When We Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.