Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State (22054 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Levy On All Adults In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Inspire01: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has ordered all “leviable adults” in the state to pay N3,000 each as “development levy.”

According to a statement by Louis Duru, the state Commissioner for Community Government, Culture and Traditional Affairs, the money is to be used for “autonomous community adult development.”

Duru said the state had registered at least 2,000 leviable adults in each of the 637 autonomous communities.
He added that recognised communities will serve as the collectors and they are to pay not less than N6 million each.

Okorocha warned that the traditional rulers of defaulting communities will have their allowances or salaries suspended.

“To facilitate the payment, the state government through the ministry of CGC, since September 2016, has provided community adult registers for all autonomous communities in the state where the communities will enlist the names of at least 2000 leviable adults.”

“Consequently, Owelle Okorocha has directed that all recognised autonomous communities in Imo State should pay the minimum adult development levy of without further delay.

“Any recognised autonomous community that fails to pay the development levy will be merged with sister autonomous community that had paid and the salaries/allowances of the traditional ruler ill be suspended.

“Government has concluded arrangements to embark on sensitisation meetings with traditional rulers at the local government areas to further emphasize His Excellency’s directives and monitor compliance.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/okorocha-imposes-n3000-devt-levy-adults/

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by princechurchill(m): 12:06am On Apr 20, 2018
War is coming in imo

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Luckyroro(m): 12:09am On Apr 20, 2018
Lol. Nigeria is never devoid of awkward news stories.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by dhardline(m): 12:14am On Apr 20, 2018
Rochas and all his political appointees are not more than 500. The people of IMO state are more than a million.Then they had better come together and chase that man out of IMO state.

177 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Yyeske(m): 12:35am On Apr 20, 2018
What kind of news is this or maybe I didn't read the article well, is Okorocha crazy or something, inshort let me go and read up again before I make a mistake in my comment.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by diablos: 1:19am On Apr 20, 2018
The one legged, pot bellied, clueless statue builder has started again. I wonder why the ancestral female spirit from okija didn't perfect the slap assignment it was given to deliver to this imbecillic, deranged, irritant of a man.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Bayajidda1: 1:27am On Apr 20, 2018
> grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Bayajidda1: 1:27am On Apr 20, 2018
grin[center][/center]
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by jerryunit48: 2:15am On Apr 20, 2018
So that he will use it to build another statue?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by candelahria(f): 2:30am On Apr 20, 2018
Rochas is the worst thing that has ever happened to Imo state.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by trillville(m): 2:38am On Apr 20, 2018
While I am in total support of levies, What annoys is that why should a poor person be expected to pay the same amount as a rich person?

How can a government come up with a policy like this?

Is there any country on earth that the rich and the poor pay the same amount to the government?

Why not levy the communities based on the properties members have?

This is shameful

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by OKUCHI11(m): 4:06am On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:
While I am in total support of levies, What annoys is that why should a poor person be expected to pay the same amount as a rich person?

Is there any country on earth that the rich and the poor pay the same amount to the government?

This is shameful
like progressive taxing

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by davit: 4:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Ghen Ghen. It has happened. Imo is in it for real!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Am in Imo state now. The kind thunder & lighting in small rain drops in Imo state shows that Heaven is angry with the state.

25 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by rex444(m): 6:37am On Apr 20, 2018
If this is true,kitikpa lachaaagi ike nsi dia...ewu cambodia.....ina ezuzari ka nwaturu

12 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by James4424: 6:55am On Apr 20, 2018
This is disguising . 3k sha . imagine such bullshit . I feel like crying .
Pls pls and pls , youths we have the utmost power to vote pls let's use it .
I was once the I don't care type but this is out of rationality. God ooo ,just a single sensible leader we don't have. Our president has the guts to call us lazy on international grounds, so called thugs are allowed to enter senate and carry maze. All these are too embarrassing to take . I can't take it anymore. cry No matter how little I must participate in politics from now on. And that's a pledge. We are actually smarter and more reasonable than our leaders but our NONCHALANT attitude has put us in deep shit.

Please , abeg , youths let's do something, anything. Our mumu don do

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Toosure70: 6:58am On Apr 20, 2018
next biafra president.
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by yemmight(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2018
I am aware that a lot of our Governors are under-performing but these under-listed don't have brain.

1. Okorocha
2. Ortom
3. Yahaya

I have never heard where an appointment will be given someone or a ministry called ministry of happiness. Now when concluding to start charging 3k as levy, I am sure he never consulted ministry of happiness for his decision.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Bishop4bella(m): 7:37am On Apr 20, 2018
This governor is dreaming sha

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Herdsmen: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2018
....and imo is an oil producing state..
Okorocha.wey promise job job job.. employment employment employment industry industry ...work work work... N

Now na statue statue statue levy levy levy

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Paperwhite(m): 8:01am On Apr 20, 2018
shocked shocked shocked Okorocha have now abandon status molding for tasking his people? A revolution is @ hand.Thunder fire this man. angry

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Purehuman(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2018
I think I love this.

I wish it can be channeled towards big time developmental projects.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2018
Election is near. He is trying to generate more money

This Okorocha has no brain. No wonder he is called okoroawusa.

You built a useless statue for corrupt politicians only to turn back and levy your people undecided

congratulations Nigerians Buhari has succeeded in dragging this country back

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by conehead2018: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2018
Inspire01:
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has ordered all “leviable adults” in the state to pay N3,000 each as “development levy.”
According to a statement by Louis Duru, the state Commissioner for Community Government, Culture and Traditional Affairs, the money is to be used for “autonomous community adult development.”
Duru said the state had registered at least 2,000 leviable adults in each of the 637 autonomous communities.
He added that recognised communities will serve as the collectors and they are to pay not less than N6 million each.
Okorocha warned that the traditional rulers of defaulting communities will have their allowances or salaries suspended.
“To facilitate the payment, the state government through the ministry of CGC, since September 2016, has provided community adult registers for all autonomous communities in the state where the communities will enlist the names of at least 2000 leviable adults.”
“Consequently, Owelle Okorocha has directed that all recognised autonomous communities in Imo State should pay the minimum adult development levy of without further delay.
“Any recognised autonomous community that fails to pay the development levy will be merged with sister autonomous community that had paid and the salaries/allowances of the traditional ruler ill be suspended.
“Government has concluded arrangements to embark on sensitisation meetings with traditional rulers at the local government areas to further emphasize His Excellency’s directives and monitor compliance.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/okorocha-imposes-n3000-devt-levy-adults/
As it pleases the emperor okorohausa Rocha's.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by conehead2018: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2018
trillville:

This is shameful
in support of what? Come and see how this gay of a governor has crippled IMO economy...were do he expect us to get the 3k from?
Okorocha has not attracted a single investor to IMO for the past 7years,he has not constructed a single 10km road any were in IMO...He only concentrates on looting,placing his family in strategic juicy government positions,grabbing any marketable land he can,etc...The greatest mistake Igbo's will make is to present this ritualist as a presidential material and the worst Nigeria will do is to accept him cos he will be worst than buhari.

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by conehead2018: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2018
Toosure70:
next biafra president.
God forbids..I rather go with buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2018
Rochas, Rochas, Rochas.... cheesy

Anyway, the reason why the governor of Imo State is suddenly charging development levy is......falling oil prcies.

[b]The other day, someone was praising the fact that Imo State has free education on another thread. I told him that the thing has to be paid for somehow. Well...this is one of the ways of paying for it.

E[/b]xpect other states to bring in new taxes as the days go by....because sadly oil is at 74 dollars per barrel....PLUS .....we need to pay off the debts we have incurred when oyel was at $30 and below....PLUS...we need oil to be at $140 per barrel to have a budget without borrowing and without development levies/taxes.

So....Rochas the Rochas is in order...though that does not mean I trust him with that cash....for all we know...wayo dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by NothingDoMe: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2018
Nobody will pay grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by computer0810(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2018
dis can only happen in the land of those that will see development strives in other region and condemn it while there's nothing to show for except statues and dis in there state

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by nely(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2018
okoro
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2018
Dis okorocha sef
Re: Okorocha Imposes N3,000 Development Levy On Every Adult In Imo State by SanusiGworo: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2018
This is Okorocha's pension fund.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers APC Labels State Deputy Governor “Modern Judas” For Attacking Amaechi / Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP / Buhari & Osibanjo Must Declare Their Assets Publicly ---SERAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.