Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (92503 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 12, 2018
princfred:
Thats the self centered orientation that has kept Nigeria backwards. Just because you enjoy electricity or good roads inside one estate or area does not nullify the fact thats its pathetic that other citizens, say 97%, are not assured of 10 hr/day power supply in this century or thats its unfortunate that road construction or patching is still celebrated in an oil rich country. Just because things are well with a microscopic few does not mean the sufferings of many more should be overlooked. No society develops with such selfish orientation as yours and so called Nigerian leaders. Just because Buhari affords medical trips does not mean Nigerians have great healthcare.
How does migrating help the masses then? I am lost here

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
justwise:

You have just given hypocrisy a new meaning today
How na? Oga moderator, please expantiate. Staying back or migrating does not mean anything to the masses na?

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by reDazey(f): 12:21pm On May 12, 2018
As I mentioned earlier, you need to be myopic and selfish to live in Nigeria successfully. If someone claims to have government generated power supply 24/7, does his claim reflect the position of majority of Nigerians? I live in Abuja and I can say on average, power supply in my home lasts for 6 hours a day. Currently, it is raining and there is no light. Oh yes, I have to pray fervently for no rain because it means no light. But then, what would the subsistence farmer rely on for his water supply if my prayer is answered? In effect, I supply my own power through my noisy and unhealthy generator more than I receive from AEDC.

My office is at the city center and yes, you would think we would have 24/7 power supply. Well, unfortunately, we have to run those generators almost 24/7.

Look around you before you say Nigeria is developing. Maybe visit the villages too. No good roads, no power supply, no water supply, no healthcare. When will all these infrastructure be provided? It is easy to sit in my office and say there is so much job opportunities for Nigerian youths when there are recorded statistics to the contrary.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Affordablerent: 12:25pm On May 12, 2018
This thread is funny. Someone calls herself "theamerican" opens thread to abuse Nigeria and ask people to tear their passport. Some people jump on her bandwagon and start following their leader's advice. It's the same thing as collecting money to vote without knowing if the person can lead well. I'm sure they will PM the babe to send invitation letter to them. Whether good or bad it's a perception. If I say Nigeria is good to me like some are saying, it's not anybody's business, it doesn't make them selfish, just like you feel Nigeria is bad to you should not make you selfish, you are only being real. But here if someone says Nigeria is good to him, people will become angry and start attacking instead of asking the person to show them the way. Do you think everybody is poor? it's not possible. Learn from others, when a guy say it's good for him, ask him what he does and learn but here they will write long letter to convince you that it's bad, it must be bad for you to satisfy them. Are you in their shoes?

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How does migrating help the masses then? I am lost here
embarassed See wetin grown up dey ask and una say Nigeria get hope to develop. Or is it that the NL dont have age filter or small IQ test like captcha test before sign up? Abeg ask the op am not good at teaching kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 12:39pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:
This thread is funny. Someone calls herself "theamerican" opens thread to abuse Nigeria and ask people to tear their passport. Some people jump on her bandwagon and start following their leader's advice. It's the same thing as collecting money to vote without knowing if the person can lead well. I'm sure they will PM the babe to send invitation letter to them. Whether good or bad it's a perception. If I say Nigeria is good to me like some are saying, it's not anybody's business, it doesn't make them selfish, just like you feel Nigeria is bad to you should not make you selfish, you are only being real. But here if someone says Nigeria is good to him, people will become angry and start attacking instead of asking the person to show them the way. Do you think everybody is poor? it's not possible. Learn from others, when a guy say it's good for him, ask him what he does and learn but here they will write long letter to convince you that it's bad, it must be bad for you to satisfy them. Are you in their shoes?

See as they dey unleash their spirit of blind selfishness.
Let me borrow this reply for you from someone with a soul:

As I mentioned earlier, you need to be myopic and selfish to live in Nigeria successfully. If someone claims to have government generated power supply 24/7, does his claim reflect the position of majority of Nigerians? I live in Abuja and I can say on average, power supply in my home lasts for 6 hours a day. Currently, it is raining and there is no light. Oh yes, I have to pray fervently for no rain because it means no light. But then, what would the subsistence farmer rely on for his water supply if my prayer is answered? In effect, I supply my own power through my noisy and unhealthy generator more than I receive from AEDC.

My office is at the city center and yes, you would think we would have 24/7 power supply. Well, unfortunately, we have to run those generators almost 24/7.

Look around you before you say Nigeria is developing. Maybe visit the villages too. No good roads, no power supply, no water supply, no healthcare. When will all these infrastructure be provided? It is easy to sit in my office and say there is so much job opportunities for Nigerian youths when there are recorded statistics to the contrary.

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 12:39pm On May 12, 2018
princfred:
embarassed See wetin grown up dey ask and una say Nigeria get hope to develop. Or is it that the NL dont have age filter or small IQ test like captcha test before sign up? Abeg ask the op am not good at teaching kids.
Hahaha, Una go kill me with laugh for Nairaland.com, chai, lol at age filter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
princfred:
Ignore button may be activated. Old man, explain to me abeg.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:

Contact me for affordable rent. Land in Badagry available
Your state of life alone does not say if the country is developed, developing or stagnant and another person saying something about the country does not mean they are poor or rich. Just because one is rich does not mean the country is doing fine or developing. And for one to acknowledge reality or say the country is stagnant does not automatically mean the person is poor.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 12:43pm On May 12, 2018
reDazey:

You are making sense with your post but one of my mentors said and I quote, >>>>><<the eyes that looks are many but the once that actually see are few.. End of quote, only few people will be able to decipher the wisdom nuggets in your post

8 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Affordablerent: 12:51pm On May 12, 2018
princfred:
See as they dey unleash their spirit of blind selfishness.
Let me borrow this reply for you from someone with a soul:

Nigeria is developing. It's my opinion, you don't need to be angry about my opinion

Contact me for your affordable rent

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Ignore button may be activated. Old man, explain to me abeg.
What do you mean by ignore button?
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 12, 2018
reDazey:

A civil servant without any other external income in Abuja is akin to a pauper. Your reasoning is obviously affected by your income. Look for areas with 33kva lines in Abuja and you could be having stable electricity. It's left for you to think in your environment and if it's too hostile, then migrate to a better place or country. Nobody is glueing you to Abuja.
How does someone doing well or poor affect the general view of the country? You said you need to be selfish to make it in Nigeria. That's a strong statement from you. Meaning anyone making it in Nigeria is selfish and those who migrated and making abroad are good ones? Na wa.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:

Nigeria is developing. It's my opinion, you don't need to be angry about my opinion

sponsorship to fund any invention
You have every right to your opinion but should defend or back it up with logic and indices otherwise such opinion can be rightly considered as being moronic. Even mad people have opinions albert moronic ones. Even my dog has opinion when i want to chain it. The quest here is facts. In what areas is Nigerians development worthy to be considered a developing nation? Someone or a microscopic few doing well or badly is not a sensible proof or metric of the country's development.

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

A civil servant without any other external income in Abuja is akin to a pauper.
And you are saying the country is developing. Are you not seeing how tattered your logic is?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by reDazey(f): 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

A civil servant without any other external income in Abuja is akin to a pauper. Your reasoning is obviously affected by your income. Look for areas with 33kva lines in Abuja and you could be having stable electricity. It's left for you to think in your environment and if it's too hostile, then migrate to a better place or country. Nobody is glueing you to Abuja.
How does someone doing well or poor affect the general view of the country? You said you need to be selfish to make it in Nigeria. That's a strong statement from you. Meaning anyone making it in Nigeria is selfish and those who migrated and making abroad are good ones? Na wa.

Well, like you mentioned a civil servant relying on only salary is akin to a pauper. Are you aware that civil servants in Nigeria, under the law are only allowed to farm. You can do the math. After working 8am-5pm on weekdays, when do you get to do the farm work? Who are we fooling?

Why would everyone in Nigeria not have access to 33kvA lines? Why do I have to search for it. Or be special to have access to it. My dear, you don't get the thrust of this discussion. If there is rule of law, equality and justice, most people in Nigeria should have access to the basic necessities of life and should not be connected or "oversharp" to get it.

Most people making it in Nigeria have to be selfish. It is the way it is. You have to find a way to owe salaries, or reduce salaries of your workers. You can evade taxes. You can do anything you want in Nigeria and go scot-free. For some individuals, that is the joy of being in Nigeria, the possibilities of getting away with breaking the law. Oh yeah, I have heard this being discussed as one of the perks of being a Nigerian. Ever wondered why MMM thrived in Nigeria? Selfishness. Many persons closed their eyes to the notion behind that PONZI. The rich dubiously taking from the poor to become richer and leaving the poor poorer. That is the reflection of our socioeconomic life in Nigeria.

On your last paragraph, obviously, you did not read that from me. So I have nothing to say on that.

In conclusion, if someone wants to leave Nigeria to a saner country, where there is orderliness, it is his/her choice. Everyone cannot survive here. For those who are making it here, well done.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Affordablerent: 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
princfred:
You have every right to your opinion but should defend or back it up with logic and indices otherwise such opinion can be rightly considered as being moronic. Even mad people have opinions albert moronic ones. Even my dog has opinion when i want to chain it. The quest here is facts. In what areas is Nigerians development worthy to be considered a developing nation? Someone or a microscopic few doing well or badly is not a sensible proof or metric of the country's development.

We have one of the biggest economies in Africa

We are the most industrialized in Sub-saharan Africa

Our democracy is young but we don't have any life long president like in Cameroon, Zimbabwe and other African countries

We have one of the cheapest cost of living in sub-saharan Africa

We have one of the best infrastructure in sub-saharan Africa, the only thing we are behind in is electricity supply.

We have the largest aviation hub in sub Saharan Africa

Our seaports are the biggest and most active in sub Saharan Africa

We have the most advanced communication and IT facilities in sub Saharan Africa

We need to do a lot more to improve on what we have done so far but expecting us to become America overnight is not sensible, it will take time and cooperation. If we all run, who will build the country, if we tear our passports as theamerican said we should, who will be a Nigerian citizen?

I need people to rent house here, what will happen to my business?

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:

We have one of the biggest economies in Africa

We are the most industrialized in Sub-saharan Africa

Our democracy is young but we don't have any life long president like in Cameroon, Zimbabwe and other African countries

We have one of the cheapest cost of living in sub-saharan Africa

We have one of the best infrastructure in sub-saharan Africa, the only thing we are behind in is electricity supply.

We have the largest aviation hub in sub Saharan Africa

Our seaports are the biggest and most active in sub Saharan Africa

We have the most advanced communication and IT facilities in sub Saharan Africa

We need to do a lot more to improve on what we have done so far but expecting us to become America overnight is not sensible, it will take time and cooperation. If we all run, who will build the country, if we tear our passports as theamerican said we should, who will be a Nigerian citizen?

I need people to rent house here, what will happen to my business?

Now that you are trying to make sense, are you not happy with yourself? winkBut see the flaw; All these achievement is in comparism with other grossly underdeveloped countries and some others mainly a function of the size of Nigeria one way or the other. Comparism should made to the right standard not below the metric. So those dont really match her up with real developing (not USA) nations. How much sense does it make to compare and oil rich, mineral resources rich, highly populated country with subsaharan nations? Its like saying Abuja is fine because its finer that one village. Nice try though. Also going abroad to make money and reinvest in Nigeria will be better for your business than everyone remaining to pivk crumbs after politicians have looted the bulk and moved the money.....ABROAD!

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 12, 2018
@reDazey
I understand your point. Is Nigeria suppose to be the way it is? NO

Can it be improved? YES

The topic of this thread is whether moving abroad is worth it.

Is moving abroad worth it? It depends on the individual involved imo.

If you have a low income, Nigeria is a no no. But for those earning above 500k per month, it doesn't look wise to start afresh abroad.
Some will still move and make it better while resigning their jobs with 1m naira per month. Others will regret the move like the girl from Canada posted earlier in the week.

I always tell people learn a skill and be self employed. That's the best way to survive worldwide.

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
@reDazey

Can it be improved? YES

If you have a low income, Nigeria is a no no. But for those earning above 500k per month, it doesn't look wise to start afresh abroad.
Some will still move and make it better while resigning their jobs with 1m naira per month. Others will regret the move like the girl from Canada posted earlier in the week.

I always tell people learn a skill and be self employed. That's the best way to survive worldwide.
Did you misplace your thinking cap before? Please dont next time. Fine one there. But some people even with 1m a month may prefer to go abroad for the better standard of leaving even if it means lesser salary or starting afresh. Like someone said before here, making money may not equate to happiness and (i add ) peace of mind. Go there first so you can understand and be in a better position to make better choice. People like you will be asking where they have been since and no they near naija again after they land for yonder.

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Beautyaddy: 2:49pm On May 12, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Don't bother to engage the frustrated jobless guy, once you point out the sufferings in that jungle he lives in without any hope for him, he gets pissed off, the truth is Nigeria is beyond redemption and I stand by my opinion, l pity his miserable life in a shithole jungle, instead of him to rise up against the useless politicians that have rendered Nigeria a cesspit of poverty and darkness he is busy attacking people who are saying the truth about Nigeria, Nigeria is a failed state, worldpoverty com said that Nigeria has the highest poor people in the world, every indices of a failed state is in Nigeria, let him continue his patroitism to a failed jungle, nonsense sad

Thank You!

You know that some people have to remain living in denial in order to keep the little sanity they have left intact or else they might find themselves going mad. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by obonujoker(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
@reDazey

Can it be improved? YES

Skill like bead making??
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Skill like bead making??
Yes still ok but it's better you learn an online skill like a freelancer or make your money work for you in ecommerce.
Other skill people neglect is agriculture be it livestock or farming, fashion design, forklift driver, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Beautyaddy: 3:01pm On May 12, 2018
justwise:

If you truly believed that you can live large in Nigeria without good education and infrastructures then your argument is flawed

Isn't that what is already happening in Nigeria?

Most of those past and present leaders from the head of state, senators down to all those so-called millionaires are living large from deep imbedded corruption and there is nothing the poor masses can do about that.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 4:50pm On May 12, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Thank You!

You know that some people have to remain living in denial in order to keep the little sanity they have left intact or else they might find themselves going mad. undecided
You are welcome cool
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 5:53pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:

You think this thread was opened to "abuse" Nigeria? I'm shaking my head. Nobody is saying anything bad about people liking Nigeria. Like any country if you want, don't just say untrue things. That's all.

Many people don't care if they graduate with a first class or not. It's ok. They can shoot for 2.1 or even 2.2. You may even pull up stats online to suggest there are countless people with successful careers. Nobody's going to argue. You don't come here to say "First class is nothing important, all the first class graduates in Nigeria are learning make-up business. Don't waste your time trying to graduate with a first class". That will get a backlash.

At the bolded part, the way you think ehn... may God show you the way forward.

8 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 7:16pm On May 12, 2018
Affordablerent:

If we tear our passports as theamerican said we should, who will be a Nigerian citizen?

When did I ask anyone to tear their passports? I see you missed the point of the whole thread. All you picked is "someone is attacking Nigeria and asking us to tear our passports", may God bless your heart.

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by orimahspence: 7:41pm On May 12, 2018
theamerican:

When did I ask anyone to tear their passports? I see you missed the point of the whole thread. All you picked is "someone is attacking Nigeria and asking us to tear our passports", may God bless your heart.

No need replying messages like this
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 8:14pm On May 12, 2018
theamerican:

That's how many reason in Nigeria like fowl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 8:25pm On May 12, 2018
For those who have never traveled before and are unsure about what life really is abroad, I may not be able to tell you a lot about other countries but I can speak for myself here and what my experience has been. See, you may not understand the little things that make life worth living until you actually live in (not just visit) a very developed country.

The deal breaker for me is the violation of rights. Some people don't even know their rights not to talk of fighting back when they've been violated. No amount of money I make can make up for that and that's the main reason living here is a win for me. I can't mistakenly hit a soldier's car and start praying for death.

You see me driving an expensive car. Without any proof, you assume the source of my wealth is fraudulent. You stop me and ask to provide my ID, I give it to you, you say "let's go to our station" for absolutely NO freaking reason? I try to call my lawyer, you seize my phone and prevent me from reaching out to people. I didn't break any law, my crime is just driving an expensive car? Lol... you're looking for trouble.

I can sue anybody's father here for any nonsense grin. I don't have to suffer because of anyone's incompetence, recklessness, or stupidity.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by reDazey(f): 10:52pm On May 12, 2018
theamerican:
For those who have never traveled before and are unsure about what life really is abroad, I may not be able to tell you a lot about other countries but I can speak for myself here and what my experience has been. See, you may not understand the little things that make life worth living until you actually live in (not just visit) a very developed country.

The deal breaker for me is the violation of rights. Some people don't even know their rights not to talk of fighting back when they've been violated. No amount of money I make can make up for that and that's the main reason living here is a win for me. I can't mistakenly hit a soldier's car and start praying for death.

You see me driving an expensive car. Without any proof, you assume the source of my wealth is fraudulent. You stop me and ask to provide my ID, I give it to you, you say "let's go to our station" for absolutely NO freaking reason? I try to call my lawyer, you seize my phone and prevent me from reaching out to people. I didn't break any law, my crime is just driving an expensive car? Lol... you're looking for trouble.

I can sue anybody's father here for any nonsense grin. I don't have to suffer because of anyone's incompetence, recklessness, or stupidity.
If the rights of everyone in Nigeria is respected,we would have progressed. For me, I am scared of a country where the court of law tells the government to release certain people, the government refuses consistently. Then what would happen to minute and inconsequential me if I should have a problem with a high ranking government personel? Our government officials swore under oath to uphold the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, yet they are the first to break it. They don't respect the law, so who do they fear?
Without rule of law, rights of citizens will never be respected.

I recall an incident that made me weep for Nigeria. One evening, I was strolling down a busy roadside with a friend. Suddenly, an elderly man approached us. He had a bag with him. At first, I was scared but I relaxed cause I was not alone. Then this old man started "My children, I am sorry to disturb you. I am embarrased standing here to beg you for money. I came from the East because of lack of payment of our pension. We were told that we should come that it would be sorted out. I came with the belief that it would be sorted out. However, it was not the case. I have no money with me, my children. Help me with 500 naira to go somewhere(can't recall)." Tears were dropping down his sad face when he was telling his travail. I could not help crying, imagining what the old man was passing through. After 35 years of service, he has been disappointed consistently. Looking into his sad eyes that evening was a rude awakening. What would the old man do? Take the Pension Board to court? What are his options. This is just one case out of many.

Please theamerican, keep discussing how things work in a developed country. Maybe, just maybe,some individuals here might see the truth, and challenge the status quo in Nigeria.

34 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply)

Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.