Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends (18447 Views)

Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court / It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / OMG!! Wenger Admits Why He Could Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Emmanuel602(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2018
My best news of the Decade. Next up is BUHARI
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by ujezeez(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2018
Finally...make him go rest.COYG!
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Bimpe29: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2018
It is long overdue. However, Wenger is one of the great football managers of all time.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Otses(f): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2018
I pray he actually leaves at the end of the season, he has done his best, its time for a change
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by ogogoroNo1: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Although am not an arsenal fan, the truth must be told, the man has tried by changing football culture in arsenal and the English people in general.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 11:10am On Apr 20, 2018
Me, when i hear news like this...
I kit myself up

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by iamtardey: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2018
ope ooooh
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by semyman: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2018
If he leaves, I leave too as a fan.

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by ufuosman(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2018
Good news for Arsenal fans
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by McCobble(m): 11:20am On Apr 20, 2018
Hurray! I knew this immediately his closest Buddy (Robert Mugabe) was forced to step down. To all Gunners worldwide:

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2018
cutefergiee:
I wish he can give dem EUROPA as sign off cup

This is the best thing that will happen to him and the club.
Give them Europa and sign off.
I bet you, he will have more reputation and honour.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by miqos02(m): 11:27am On Apr 20, 2018
Wow
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Coldfeets: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2018
I am so moved to tears on hearing this news right now... cry cry cry

I wish he can just deliver the Europa to us before taking a bow... cry cry cry
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by chivic(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2018
mukina2:
After 22 years he tried.

the emotional toying with our hearts season in and season out will end.
here's hoping we do not become like cheksli that kept changing managers or Yoonited.

COYG cool
now finish the season on a high Arsene kiss

Lets win the Europa.

Chelsea and Madrid change coaches anyhow and keep winning,badly has any Madrid coach stayed more than 3 season but they are serial winners so is Chelsea.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by steveDpro: 11:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Baba, finally
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Lekison(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2018
wow.....Great news. one of the greatest managers of all time.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Reference(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2018
grin Hallelujah. The spell has expired.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by amanze15(m): 11:51am On Apr 20, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Source?
lol grin grin grin
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by tunary(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2018
The best coach ever
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by olaolaking: 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
W3xy1:
He try. He has done his best. I just think Tottenham will dominate them for years to come
Likely to be true. Arsenal will feel it and for the fist time in more than 1oo years will struggle and fight hard not to relegate
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by nazzyon(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Celsony: 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
gaby:
Thank God...finally

Congratulations tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by olaolaking: 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
emmabest2000:
Arsenal fans right now!
I am an arsenal fans. The only arsenal fans that will be happy are the ones that don't know arsenal. They are the ones that joined arsenal probably 10 years ago.

Arsene Wenger is a genius. He does everything for the club. People only see the performance on the field. He does many this underground. From the branding to the packaging to the finance to the marketing and so on. No coach in the world does that.

Arsenal board constitutes high profile people with good education, good exposure, good management skills. But they refuse to fire the man. Why? Because they see more than everyone.

In reality Arsenal will struggle after Wenger's departure.

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
All the jobs Arsene Wenger has turned down during his 22-year Arsenal tenure...

Manchester United - 2001/02

Real Madrid - 2004, 2006, 2009

Bayern Munich - 1995, 2009

Manchester City - 2009

PSG - 2011, 2012, 2014

England - 2000, 2016

China - 2017.
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Checked86: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
dominique:

@bolded. He is already in Liverpool, I don't think they'll be letting him go anytime soon

this one I am talking succeeded Klop at Dortmund.a very young guy
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by dominique(f): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Checked86:
this one I am talking succeeded Klop at Dortmund.a very young guy

Ok
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by donbenie(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
luvinhubby:
Good riddance to ......

Goodest news in the ears of Arsenal fans since William Gallas left for Cheski.
William Gallas left Chelsea for Arsenal,not the other way around..
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by gaby(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
Celsony:

Congratulations tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahahaha...thanks a bunch man
Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by Reference(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
olaolaking:
I am an arsenal fans. The only arsenal fans that will be happy are the ones that don't know arsenal. They are the ones that joined arsenal probably 10 years ago.

Arsene Wenger is a genius. He does everything for the club. People only see the performance on the field. He does many this underground. From the branding to the packaging to the finance to the marketing and so on. No coach in the world does that.

Arsenal board constitutes high profile people with good education, good exposure, good management skills. But they refuse to fire the man. Why? Because they see more than everyone.

In reality Arsenal will struggle after Wenger's departure.

This shows you only recently started watching football. Because if you know your game well you will know how many years a soccer coach needs to stay at a club before his presence and personality begins to damage the club even if continues to win trophies. For example if Sir Alex had retired five years earlier, United wilĺl be better settled by now. United will need several more years to unravel the past and recondition the club to a new post Ferguson philisophy. Just like the social disasters that await countries under long running dictatorships e.g, Libya, Congo, Iraq, Cote D'Ivorie.

The big, big difference with Arsenal is that Wengers philisophy has unraveled as far back as ten years ago. It has gotten so bad at this point that the once rigid proponent of the 442 system cannot stick with a formation and pattern of play from game to game. The once highly rated player developer cannot sign half decent potential players and the once envied stalwart of youth soccer is buying established 29 year olds for club record fees. This looks like a drowning man struggling to survive. The confusion of ĺong term philisophies at cross roads IS NOT SOMETHING A CLUB WILL TAKE TIME TO RECOVER FROM.

In short, Wenger is leaving the club exactly where he met it 22 years ago, out of Europe, languishing in upper mid table, out of Europe and with a a footballing department in a mini crises. Even a half decent donkey will make instant impact.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not saying next season they will beat all comers and win the champions league but they stand a chancr of competing with the right coach and at least 2013 version of 'how to play the modern game'. Haba. Wenger has nothing on Arsenal. He failed to read the signs and overestimated his competencies towards the end. As sad as seeing the over-the-hill 'General ' Alessandro Nesta of the famed Milan side crawling at the ankles of a young, fleet footed Lionel Messi.

1 Like

Re: Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends by olaolaking: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
Reference:

This shows you only recently started watching football. Because if you know your game well you will know how many years a soccer coach needs to stay at a club before his presence and personality begins to damage the club even if continues to win trophies. For example if Sir Alex had retired five years earlier, United wilĺl be better settled by now. United will need several more years to unravel the past and recondition the club to a new post Ferguson philisophy. Just like the social disasters that await countries under long running dictatorships e.g, Libya, Congo, Iraq, Cote D'Ivorie.

The big, big difference with Arsenal is that Wengers philisophy has unraveled as far back as ten years ago. It has gotten so bad at this point that the once rigid proponent of the 442 system cannot stick with a formation and pattern of play from game to game. The once highly rated player developer cannot sign half decent potential players and the once envied stalwart of youth soccer is buying established 29 year olds for club record fees. This looks like a drowning man struggling to survive. The confusion of ĺong term philisophies at cross roads IS NOT SOMETHING A CLUB WILL TAKE TIME TO RECOVER FROM.

In short, Wenger is leaving the club exactly where he met it 22 years ago, out of Europe, languishing in upper mid table, out of Europe and with a a footballing department in a mini crises. Even a half decent donkey will make instant impact.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not saying next season they will beat all comers and win the champions league but they stand a chancr of competing with the right coach and at least 2013 version of 'how to play the modern game'. Haba. Wenger has nothing on Arsenal. He failed to read the signs and overestimated his competencies towards the end. As sad as seeing the over-the-hill 'General ' Alessandro Nesta of the famed Milan side crawling at the ankles of a young, fleet footed Lionel Messi.
Your managerial and administrative skill is second to known. Ferguson should have left earlier than he left? Please who taught you such skill that a performing person should be changed as soon as possible no matter his success?

Again. It had shown that all you can see about arsenal and Wenger is on pitch. Don't tell me you can analyze business more than the board. What the board gives priority is different from what you want.

Again, the board will have to work harder this time because the next coach will only focus on winning games and trophy. Wenger involves himself in other financial, administrative, branding etc. Of the club. though that is not important to you. But the board understands what that means.

Please let me tell you from a mature mind that no matter what you do, power will shift. If you like assemble all the best around the world. They will perform but when it is time for power to shift, it is beyond human. Haven't you seen a perfoing coach loosing the team despite having all the best on ground? That is because power shifted away from him. That is why they hardly spend 5 years in a club. The moment they are not winning, they are sacked. But Wenger's case is different. He was not sacked because he involves himself in other club activities off the pitch. The board recognizes that part, the effort, the commitment..

The board knows what it means. You don't know anything. Yes! You don't anything apart from what you read in complete sport, online, and probably watch on DSTV. What again do you know that you think you can manage a whole Arsenal.

For the new coach to maintain current arsenal position. He will spend millions. For the new coach to finish top 4, it will be excess of millions of pounds. To now contest for the trophy, the board should brace up to spend x 10 of what Wenger had spent since he moved them to emirates stadium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe Mourn Pele / Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round / Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.