Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) (5427 Views)

Upsa- Ghana, West Africa's Prettiest Public University Campus / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by modextus(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2018
Come to federal University dutse jigawa state. Most days we get 24hours light and on rare occasions we see outages for less than 2 hours combined. There's nothing new here.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 21, 2018
Badb0y4lyf:
Lol school in the north Zaria don’t have a power station but nepa gives light 24/7

Hard to believe.

I don't think there's anywhere in Nigeria where NEPA is 24/7; even in Aso Rock.

Even NASS has recorded power outage a couple of times.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2018
modextus:
Come to federal University dutse jigawa state. Most days we get 24hours light and on rare occasions we see outages for less than 2 hours combined. There's nothing new here.

That's interesting.

Electricity supply is scarce commodity in the highly populated southern Nigeria. So, it's a big deal, a new one at that if an institution could find her way around power supply.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ornament2003:

Hard to believe.

I don't think there's anywhere in Nigeria where NEPA is 24/7; even in Aso Rock.

Even NASS has recorded power outage a couple of times.

If you have stayed in the north you will no what am saying there was a time I was in Benue otupko Gra they don’t take the light . They only take it for a minute or two just to cool the engines most northern states experience at least 18hrs of light

1 Like

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by stainless239(f): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
OneSentence:
this is a big fat lie. one of them is this. we leave the hostel by 8/9 at which time light goes off. it returns around 4/5 when some are just returning but a lot are already in the hostel. some say it's better than phcn, others prefer phcn. once in a while though it is left for 24 hours maybe once in two weeks...

Really??

The light doesn't blink in my hostel
I have been indoors for two weeks
It never went off even for a second
24/7 power supply

1 Like

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Badb0y4lyf:

If you have stayed in the north you will no what am saying there was a time I was in Benue otupko Gra they don’t take the light . They only take it for a minute or two just to cool the engines most northern states experience at least 18hrs of light

I wish we had same power distribution all over Nigeria.

Nigeria would have been a better place.

In the Southwest, regular power supply is a taboo.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
stainless239:

Really??

24/7 power supply

Good to hear from another source.
I guess you're in LUTH community too.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by stainless239(f): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ornament2003:

Good to hear from another source. I guess you're in LUTH community too.

yea

1 Like

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
stainless239:

Really??

24/7 power supply
in luth here? Well, can't say much about other places except for the school hostels. we've not had that kind of light here.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by laribari(m): 5:32am On Apr 22, 2018
DeHEIGHTS:

MEDILAG was also using generators before, but now it has stepped up.
And that's the improvement we are talking about. No noise, and long hours of electricity supply.

Yea I get you but u don't get my point. The other pictures are okay but the water picture is not relevant because places without 24hrs power still have water running, even in underground reservoirs reservoirs like the ones in uniben (while I was there). Sound proof generators do not make noise, besides not all generator is closer to residence (staff quarters or hostels).

Let me give you a better example. Like in my house I don't use solar to generate power (meaning I don't have constant power) but my water runs for 24hrs. I don't joke with water.

I don't have to enjoy 24hrs power generation to have running water. Power will always come at some point and generator is there to support too. Forget the noise, it's only for 1hr 15mins to pump at home. Some families have sound proof too. So water runs 24/7 even without stable power. One area I may agree with you is saving money on fuel or gas to power generators but mind you, solar isn't cheap and the maintenance too. Do you know how many battery would be needed to generate 24hrs power where you also have to use an A/C?

That your picture (of running water) can be relevant to those in rural areas who does not have water at all or maybe living in "face-me-I-face-you" houses (without bore holes) in the city.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2018
laribari:

Yea I get you but u don't get my point. The other pictures are okay but the water picture is not relevant because places without 24hrs power still have water running, even in underground reservoirs reservoirs like the ones in uniben (while I was there). Sound proof generators do not make noise, besides not all generator is closer to residence (staff quarters or hostels).

Let me give you a better example. Like in my house I don't use solar to generate power (meaning I don't have constant power) but my water runs for 24hrs. I don't joke with water.

I don't have to enjoy 24hrs power generation to have running water. Power will always come at some point and generator is there to support too. Forget the noise, it's only for 1hr 15mins to pump at home. Some families have sound proof too. So water runs 24/7 even without stable power. One area I may agree with you is saving money on fuel or gas to power generators but mind you, solar isn't cheap and the maintenance too. Do you know how many battery would be needed to generate 24hrs power where you also have to use an A/C?

That your picture (of running water) can be relevant to those in rural areas who does not have water at all or maybe living in "face-me-I-face-you" houses (without bore holes) in the city.

I get your point.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by toideve(m): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2018
DeHEIGHTS:

What's PTI?

Petroleum Training Institute

1 Like

Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
toideve:

Petroleum Training Institute

Thank u.
Re: See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) by Advans(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
rusher14:

Which one you don do before?
angry
a little research will educate ur ignorance

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Benefits Of Snail Water (don't Miss This)!!! VIDEO / Rare University Graduation Photo Of Tiwa Savage Hits Social Media (Photo) / Solve If You Are A Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.