Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC (5434 Views)

Kunle And Hon. Adamu Conversation: This Country Is In A Mess! / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Open Campaign For The Adoption Of Sen Saraki And Hon Dogara As PDP Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by kosovo(m): 6:17am On May 16, 2010
Two members of the Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Federal House of Represen-tatives, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon and Hon Samson Osagie yesterday defected to the Action Congress (AC).

The two lawmakers representing Oredo and Uhunmwode/Orhionmwon Federal Constituency respectively made their declaration at a well attended rally held at the Urhokpota Hall in Benin City, Edo State capital.

Announcing his defection, Hon Samson Osagie explained that he was not happy with the conservatives he was working with in the PDP but that he had no resources to fight the battle.
He said he was defecting because of the development strides of Governor Adams Oshiomhole as well as the intractable crisis rocking the PDP.

According to him: “Those who do not believe that change has come to Edo State will believe in due course.”
Osagie who said he had no regret quitting the PDP for AC, added that he would  be fair to all and remain faithful to the AC.
He noted further that politics and intra-party dictates are inimical to the development of the people and the development of the state, promising that he would defend his rights when moves are made to declare his seat vacant.

On his part, Hon Patrick Obahiagbon said he was politically adjusting from the PDP to AC due to pressure from members of his constituency.

He said he was moving into the AC to support the state government in its development strides.
Welcoming the defectors into the AC, Governor Adams Oshiomhole said the development of the state should be in the hands of the people and not in the hands of one godfather.

He said the defection of the two Federal Lawmakers had given the state AC a voice at the National Assembly and promised that they will be given all entitlements due to them as members of AC.

According to him, “AC belongs to its members. There are no founders or settlers but members. The decision for our two brothers to join us has given us a voice in Abuja .”

“This broom is a very powerful weapon. We have used it to sweep away godfathers. We have used it to sweep away political miscreants. We have used it to purge the state of those forces of darkness. Use it to rededicate to the development of our state.”
Oshiomhole however warned AC aspirants already campaigning to wait till the party released the guidelines for its primaries.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=173397
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by GoldCircle: 7:11am On May 16, 2010
watch out 4 $ea$on II!
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by nethacker(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2010
different movies jst dey happen na wa oooo

gen gen grin grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Nobody: 10:04am On May 16, 2010
It's going to be a tough fight between patrick and the former Ac candidate bello osagie who the former defeated at the court of appeal.it is a good development atleast,it shows the diminshing power of Anenih.the only thing needed of oshiomhole is to maintain a good internal democracy within the party and the processes of nomination of candidates should be free and fair.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2010
i can see oshiomole has a tight grip on that state. why wont they convert to AC, they should if they want to make to the house of reps next year. grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by DisGuy: 12:50pm On May 16, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

i can see oshiomole has a tight grip on that state. why wont they convert to AC, they should if they want to make to the house of reps next year. grin

exactly flavour of the month politicians; and it also shows how things will pan out next year after the elections we will probably be back to post 99 election the SW will be mainly opposition party led
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by ebioloye1: 1:08pm On May 16, 2010
good step for obahiagbon and patrick osagie may god be with them as they join hand with adams oshiomhole to move edo state forward may god bless them and the goverment and people of edo state including the speaker hon bright omokhodion of the house of assembly
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by jamace(m): 6:14pm On May 16, 2010
Na wa o. I watched Patrick scattering and mudering grammar as usual on AIT during the decamping exercise. Patrick said he was "not decamping" but only doing "political alignment". Semantics! grin grin grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by otokx(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2010
Everybody knows that is all about the money.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by DisGuy: 8:00pm On May 16, 2010
jamace:

Na wa o. I watched Patrick scattering and mudering grammar as usual on AIT during the decamping exercise. Patrick said he was "not decamping" but only doing "political alignment". Semantics! grin  grin  grin

2011 Alignment grin grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by princekevo(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2010
wise men are quiting PDP( Peoples Devils Party). Any youth that love the progress of this nation and want a change should never cast his/her vote for this Devil's party, even if an angel emerges as their flagbearer. They have all it takes to corrupt even an angel as the president of Nigeria
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by snowdrops(m): 8:29pm On May 16, 2010
No surpirses here. These guys are feather weights in Edo state politics. They are all bark and no bite. They are only trying to safeguard their relevance beyond 2011.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 16, 2010
abegi - bunch of prostitutes - no be so atiku do -

a vote for ac is a vote for the rule of law and all that other shi-t

bunch of power hungry good for nothings - stand for nothing except greed and naked ambition
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by semid4lyfe(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2010
Today na PDP, tomorrow na AC. . . .all are political pr0st!tutes and selfish mudhafuckers jare
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by bawomolo(m): 12:36am On May 17, 2010
jamace:

Na wa o. I watched Patrick scattering and mudering grammar as usual on AIT during the decamping exercise. Patrick said he was "not decamping" but only doing "political alignment". Semantics! grin grin grin

you got to love that guy lol
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Osama10(m): 12:40am On May 17, 2010
You got the word Political Prostitutes
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by xterra2(m): 12:51am On May 17, 2010
Big loss to PDP
At Hon. Patrick hope you dont stop depositing us in a portmanteau of indechiperability (i meant he should not stop his grammar)
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Nymphnode(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2010
What happenned to our 2 party system?

AC, BC, DC, OC
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by bodejohn(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2010
I just heard over the news that Gordon Brown has decamped to the Conservative party.
Brown explained that he was no longer happy with the people he was working with in the Labour party which resulted in the dismal perfomance of the party in the just concluded elections.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 18, 2010
All these politicians are all prostitutes grin They keep moving from one party to the other to get a piece of the national cake grin
What a country, May God help us all
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 18, 2010
who say ashawo no be work. cheesy
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by Akosbaba(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2010
^^^no mind them,no be money we dey find?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by iluvnaija: 9:01pm On May 18, 2010
An american democrat is a democrat, an american republican is a republican, they dont change party like panties. I bet you if u ask these mother fuckers the manifestos of AC they dont know it. Do you think that they are interested in moving the state forward? Think again.

I am so ashamed of our politicians, the people we call leaders (our congressman and women) they behaved like bunch of primary school boys today, the only thing i could hear rep speaker say is ORDER!!! it reminds me the way the legendary FELA KUTI used to pronounce it "ORDER". They could not coordinate themselves, I heard one of them shouting speaking bad english (pidgin).

The song "Which Way Nigeria" way back, we have no answer to that question WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO?
REVOLUTION the only SOLUTION!
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by bawomolo(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2010
^^^

americans do decamp but it's pretty rare. many southern democrats went to the republican side during the civil rights era.

a current republican senator is running in the democratic party and joe lieberman used to a democrat(claiming independent now). american politicians to switch for more strategic reasons though.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by marvix(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2010
Patrick has shown himself 4 whom he truly is, just a mere oportunist nd a big fool @ it.

If afta claimin 2 win elections 3ce in d state y can't he remain in d pdp nd offa an oposition 2 AC in d state even if it wld cost him his seat in d house.

Oshiomole shld be careful d type of pple he allows 2 decamp into his AC or one day he wld find himself an outsider in d house he built or he bcoms one of them, making AC d new pdp of edo, or do u think Anenih can't also decamp 2 AC.

Patrick has always been a fool nd a politician witout ideals yet speak like he has somthin upstairs, d time I knew dat d power probe in d house wld be a charade was wen they made Obahiagbon second d motion, if Obj calls d idiot nd ask him wat do u think u are doing his answer will be Oga I'm very sorry we won't act on it infact no report wld come frm it yet wld com 2 d tv nd say crap in d name of speakin grammar, settin d records straight Patrick was a big contributor 2 d Igbinedion mess, Oshiomole pls deny him ticket in 2011 even if its goin 2 b by riggin, he didn't win dat election in 2007 but d ANPP candidate who had d highest votes didn't contest d elections @ d court so wen d recount was done ANPP had d highest vote 4 dat election.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by slap1(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2010
All these replies sef. . .What if they'd decamped from the AC to the PDP?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by shotster50(m): 11:54pm On May 18, 2010
People who are surprised with the ease with which Nigerian politicians switch party should not really be surprised. Nigerian Political parties are quite different from what you would obtain from the west. In the west people identify with parties based on ideology, creed, etc , case in point in the UK, you have the Conservatives ( US Republican), Labour (US Democrats), Liberal Democrats (etc), and they all have right / left / centre leanings whereas in Nigeria a group of people just band together and form a party. Can someone tell me if what bracket PDP falls in?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by bisiaet: 12:15pm On May 19, 2010
Decamped and decamping from one party to other is this in true spirit of democracy or the true spirit of lootcracy or powercracy? Only God knows.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by chelseabmw(m): 4:30pm On May 19, 2010
Edo men shall never change
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by snowdrops(m): 4:52pm On May 19, 2010
bisiaet:

Decamped and decamping from one party to other is this in true spirit of democracy or the true spirit of lootcracy or powercracy? Only God knows.
Or suyaism and peppersoupism according to our honourable rep. Obahiagbon.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by teskyg: 7:03pm On May 19, 2010
I don't think that Patrick has done any thing for his constituency.He is already on his way out in 2011.I don't understand why oshiomole should allow such kind of criminal defects.The Leopard cant change his skin.
They will lose badly next year.We have now been tutored on how to resist rigging.

Fire for fire, criminals.Patrick has not contribute anything meaningful in nthe lower house even when he was a PDP member.This is even make his case worst, I pity for his counstituency.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon And Hon Samson Osagie DUMPS PDP For AC by bawomolo(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2010
teskyg:

I don't think that Patrick has done any thing for his constituency.He is already on his way out in 2011.I don't understand why oshiomole should allow such kind of criminal defects.The Leopard cant change his skin.
They will lose badly next year.We have now been tutored on how to resist rigging.

Fire for fire, criminals.Patrick has not contribute anything meaningful in nthe lower house even when he was a PDP member.This is even make his case worst, I pity for his counstituency.

you mean his contributions to the english dictionary is not enough?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Don't Lie, What Money Cannot Buy! / The Beauty Of The North / Serious:- I Was Hacked Late Yesterday Night By Biafran Security Service... Bss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.