Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" (20448 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter / Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2018
AreaFada2:

Problem is people have been so ingrained to believe things. Usually without any proof. Prejudices and bigotry are part of mankind.

When I was a kid, we were told that if by mistake we should ever cross the Niger Bridge into the East that we would end up in a pot of soup! That Igbo will do just about anything to get money. They might even sell your house if they are your tenants and run away.

Fast forward many years later, we have married many Igbo women. Paid Bride Price all over Igbo land. But we never got eaten by Igbo people. Those prejudices might have remained had relatives not met those lovely ladies.

The Igbo women who came to marry into our family all narrated stories of witches flying during day time in Benin, stories they grew up hearing. Decades on, the kids they gave us are all doing well and marriages are all very strong.

Dude there are enough prejudices to go round. It is left to each individual to wallow in it or deliver themselves.
Its not a matter of prejudice. I have lived in Benin, dated Beni girl. My brothers (not one) even schooled in Benin and as am talking to i have a house i can call mine and family lands right in Beni. Infact at a point during this long posts i had to check if you are my brorher who is still in beni as am talking to you because he bears thesame nick name with you in real life and i dont know if he is on NL. So you cant tell me there is no diabolism is benin without being a bad lie. Neither can i tell you there was/is no barbarism diabolism in igbo.

Two of my brothers married Beni ladies i almost did and the other one may as he is currently dating a Beni girl.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by AreaFada2: 10:36am On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
Its not a matter of prejudice. I have lived in Benin, dated beni girls. My brothers (not one) even schooled in Benin and as am talking to i have a house a can call mine and family lands right in Beni Infact at a point during this long posts i had to chevk if you are my brorher who is still in beni as am talking to you because he bears thesame nick name with you. So you cant tell me their is no diabolism is benin without being a bad lie.
What is the meaning of diabolism?
Such as is not found in Igboland or Yorubaland or wherever you come from? Maybe you should tell us where you come from.

Curious that with all the diabolism, you seemed to have chosen the place for many things. And they have not used you for jazz till now? I would have thought you live in Vatican City to protect you from all that diabolism. cheesy grin

When did people following their traditional religion equals to ritual killing of people? shocked shocked I said previously that we're proud of our culture. in my estimation around 40% of Benin population are not Benin people. Many complain of diabolism but all thrive there. Is that not ingratitude?

Ogun, Sango, Ayelala, Orunmila that many people worship in traditional religion originate from where?

I was gisting with a girl from Akwa Ibom studying at Uniben. She told me Benin people do jazz yada yada yada. upon questioning she admitted she had no Benin person as a friend. Has never been to the house of any Benin person. That all her friends were from Delta, PH, AK etc.

Then I asked her what exact experience of the jazz she has had in Benin, she said none. I reminded her of the number of children in Akwa Ibom that families abandon for allegedly being witches. That how does that compare to Benin. She began to change topic.

People bring their prejudices to Benin or anywhere indeed and begin seeking any little evidence to confirm their prejudices. A well-known phenomenon that Psychologists call it "confirmation bias".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2018
Now are we contending that Beni people dont do jazz? Hmm na wa. Nothing wey we no go argue today.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
Now are we contending that Beni people dont do jazz? Hmm na wa. Nothing wey we no go argue today.

It is a stereotype. Are Nigerians fraudsters?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 11:35am On Apr 23, 2018
superhumanist:

It is a stereotype. Are Nigerians fraudsters?
See another matter all together? Is crayfish bent? Is that a stereotype?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
See another matter all together? Is crayfish bent? Is that a stereotype?

Are Nigerian youths lazy? cheesy
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by Martinez19(m): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
HigherEd:

And how is Christianity destroying African culture? Christianity only insist that the evil part of any culture must go.
leave hopefulLandlord alone. I created a trend on how religion draws people back. Check it and stop complaining. I will still add more today's evening.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by OtemAtum: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
Now i guess war was invented by Europeans and there were no wars in Africa. Or African wars didnt kill people. Who is talking about wars? I guess it was sanctimonous Africans who stopped Catholics from religious killings in this age and not the other way around. And Christian are the ones clamoring to go back to barbaric cultures of yesteryears.
And i guess ritual killing was invented by Africans abi? Haven't you heard of ritual killings in the middle east? Go and read about Moloch, Yahweh (your god) and Baal. Come back and tell me that human beings in those parts of the world didn't sacrifice children and even adults to them. Remember that your so called Abraham was lucky he didn't end up sacrificing his child, what about Jephthah and thousands others who sacrificed others to Yahweh? undecided
As a matter of fact, the lame, blind and deformed people were sacrificed to the gods of the Middle East back then. Then come to Europe, in Greece, Sparta, little children who are not considered fit to live were abandoned on mountains to die. That was a form of rituals to their gods, called STARVE BABIES TO DEATH FOR THE gods.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by paxonel(m): 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
No mind them. Hypocrites . They for dey answer lion, lizard or goat killer as African lovers.
lol
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
No mind them. Hypocrites . They for dey answer lion, lizard or goat killer as African lovers.

Are there not goat killers in Europe?

Are there not lizards abroad?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
superhumanist:

Are there not goat killers in Europe?

Are there not lizards abroad?

Do you know the point am making there cos you dont seem to? Have you changed your English name to either of thr above i mentioned which has "deeper meaning" like your guy said?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
OtemAtum:
And i guess ritual killing was invented by Africans abi? Haven't you heard of ritual killings in the middle east? Go and read about Moloch, Yahweh (your god) and Baal. Come back and tell me that human beings in those parts of the world didn't sacrifice children and even adults to them. Remember that your so called Abraham was lucky he didn't end up sacrificing his child, what about Jephthah and thousands others who sacrificed others to Yahweh? undecided
As a matter of fact, the lame, blind and deformed people were sacrificed to the gods of the Middle East back then. Then come to Europe, in Greece, Sparta, little children who are not considered fit to live were abandoned on mountains to die. That was a form of rituals to their gods, called STARVE BABIES TO DEATH FOR THE gods.
THEY HAVE EVOVLED. YOU ARE DENYING AND DOWNPLAYING YOURS AND CLAMOURING TO GO BACK TO IT AS A TYPICAL AFRICAN CULTURED RETARDED HATER OF INNOVATION. I guess thats too hard for you to understand. Do you even care to read my previous posts or churn out whatever crap your dung filled brain gives?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
Do you know the point am making there cos you dont seem to? Have you changed your English name to either of thr above i mentioned which has "deeper meaning" like your guy said?

undecided
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by OtemAtum: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
THEY HAVE EVOVLED. YOU ARE DENYING AND DOWNPLAYING YOURS AND CLAMOURING TO GO BACK TO IT AS A TYPICAL AFRICAN CULTURED RETARDED HATER OF INNOVATION. I guess thats too hard for you to understand. Do you even care to read my previous posts or churn out whatever crap your dung filled brain gives?
Have you ever heard of good culture and bad culture? Every nation and tribe of the world has good and bad culture. What is advisable is to remove the bad culture from one's culture. For example, Yahweh's people's culture is to fight war, kill the blind, the lame, kill people who are working on the sabbath day, etc and to also get involved in slavery. Thank God for them that they have already stopped the killing of the blind and the lame etc but the culture of war is still in their blood and I don't know how they'll be able to get rid of that.
So guy, I don't advocate practising ritual killing. It's a bad culture, but there are many good culture of our ancestors we can adopt. That's what I advocate.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
OtemAtum:

Have you ever heard of good culture and bad culture? Every nation and tribe of the world has good and bad culture. What is advisable is to remove the bad culture from one's culture. For example, Yahweh's people's culture is to fight war, kill the blind, the lame, kill people who are working on the sabbath day, etc and to also get involved in slavery. Thank God for them that they have already stopped the killing of the blind and the lame etc but the culture of war is still in their blood and I don't know how they'll be able to get rid of that.
So guy, I don't advocate practising ritual killing. It's a bad culture, but there are many good culture of our ancestors we can adopt. That's what I advocate.
Now you are talking. Though i dont agree on the way you want to paint the war part against whites. Without wars freedom may never happen . You should be grateful for them fighting sometimes. No matter what you are going back to, dont neglect innovation and Yahwey is the greatest religious innovation from were some of the greatest development of mankind evolved.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by FeelDeMusic: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
OtemAtum is right. Every single culture in the world has a good and bad side, whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not. Take away the bad and keep the good, and be proud of the good.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by OtemAtum: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
Yahwey is the greatest religious innovation from were some of the greatest development of mankind evolved.
Can you pls explain this statement? The background of innovation is not violence, rather, it is philosophy, then leading to science. How does Yahweh come into this?
Modified
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
OtemAtum:
Can you pls explain this statement? The background of innovation is not violence, rather, it is psychology, then philosophy then leading to science. How does Yahweh come into this?
There are values espoused by Yahwey which Americans are anchored to without which psychology, philosophy and science cant help or may only lead to limited development at most.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by OtemAtum: 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
princfred:
There are values espoused by Yahwey which Americans are anchored to without which psychology, philosophy and science cant help or may only lead to limited development at most.
Please tell me some of those values and let me go and check if Aristotle, Socrates, Luwabi, Bongo and Plato haven't said anything about them long ago before Yahweh's philosophy was popularised.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2018
OtemAtum:
Please tell me some of those values and let me go and check if Aristotle, Socrates, Luwabi, Bongo and Plato haven't said anything about them long ago before Yahweh's philosophy was popularised.
E.g do you know about the huge negative effect of polygamy in a society? Did any of those men talk about it? The greatest country in the world America was built on Judeo-Christian values(where something like polygamy is a crime) not mainly on the philosophies of Socrates, Aristotle etc. Even the countries from which those men originated and which imbibed those philosophies more are not as powerful as America now.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2018
princfred:
E.g do you know about the huge negative effect of polygamy in a society? Did any of those men talk about it? The greatest country in the world America was built on Judeo-Christian values not mainly on the philosophies of Socrates, Aristotle etc. Even the countries from which those men originated and which imbibed those philosophies more are not as powerful as America now.

Which of these cornerstones of western democracies and economies are from Judeo-Christian values

1. Elections

2. Freedom of speech and expression

3. Capitalism

4. Industrial Revolution

5. Taxes (fair taxation)

6. Affordable healthcare

Christianity likes to take credit for what it has not done.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2018
superhumanist:

Which of these cornerstones of western democracies and economies are from Judeo-Christian values

1. Elections

3. Capitalism

5. Taxes (fair taxation)

6. Affordable healthcare

Christianity likes to take credit for what it has not done.
Your answer - A sense and quest for humane morality, freedom and righteousness derived from and as espoused by Yahweh.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
princfred:
A sense and quest for morality, freedom and righteousness.

How vague.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2018
superhumanist:

How vague.
Depending on your IQ and bias.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2018
princfred:
Depending on your IQ and bias.

Of course. People with low IQ think that morality and freedom means the same thing to everyone.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2018
superhumanist:

Of course. People with low IQ think that morality and freedom means the same thing to everyone.
People with low IQ can define there own low IQ version of morality and freedom. Am talking about the American version derived from Judeo-Christian values which permeated the souls of their founding fathers, leaders over time and people which led to

1. Elections

3. Capitalism

5. Taxes (fair taxation)

6. Affordable healthcare
unlike what other low IQ versions that couldn't manifest in such glorious concepts.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by superhumanist(m): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2018
princfred:
People with low IQ can define there own low IQ version of morality and freedom am talking about the American version derived from Judeo-Christian values which permeated to souls of their founding father, leaders over time and people which led to unlike what other version that couldn't manifest in such glorious concepts

1. You are still talking vaguely. I don't see how Christianity led to capitalism or freedom of speech.

2. America ranks badly in many socio-economic indices among developed countries. There are better countries in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 10:20am On Apr 24, 2018
superhumanist:

1. You are still talking vaguely. I don't see how Christianity led to capitalism or freedom of speech.

2. America ranks badly in many socio-economic indices among developed countries. There are better countries in Europe.

No 1- Depending on your IQ and bias.

No 2- And America ranks very highly in many more socio-economic indices among developed countries and even helped most of those countries with some of their values and to get to wherever they are. Or are we to contest the glorious power of America now?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
Jesse01:
and u think so? haven't u read or heard of Christians killing there fellow Christians?

even today self Christians do not agree among themselves . Christians are against
Jw because they didn't preach the same doctrines as others.so how will a Catholic be able to identify with jw member, since they didn't believe in the same doctrines?
the red where have u see Christians doing that?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by 0temSapien: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2018
princfred:
E.g do you know about the huge negative effect of polygamy in a society? Did any of those men talk about it? The greatest country in the world America was built on Judeo-Christian values(where something like polygamy is a crime) not mainly on the philosophies of Socrates, Aristotle etc. Even the countries from which those men originated and which imbibed those philosophies more are not as powerful as America now.
So Yahweh spoke about polygamy? And please tell me how polygamy is totally bad. Remember, the reason for polygamy is mostly for division of labour in farmwork. Is that not an advantage. But now that most people don't go into farming and there could be cheap labour, that's why we don't have the need for it anymore. Again where did Yahweh discourage polygamy in the bible?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by princfred(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2018
0temSapien:
So Yahweh spoke about polygamy? And please tell me how polygamy is totally bad. Remember, the reason for polygamy is mostly for division of labour in farmwork. Is that not an advantage. But now that most people don't go into farming and there could be cheap labour, that's why we don't have the need for it anymore. Again where did Yahweh discourage polygamy in the bible?
If you dont even know about the negative destruction effect of polygamy om a society then your emotional intelligence is very low. Imagine another man fvcking your girlfriend under thesame roof. Then imagine that to be your wife having another fuckmate right next door. How that makes you feel is what women are subjecting to under polygamy. How can they raise children with right orientation to develop a nation under such terrible negative psychotic set up?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" by 0temSapien: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
princfred:
If you dont even know about the negative destruction effect of polygamy om a society then your emotional intelligence is very low. Imagine another man fvcking your girlfriend under thesame roof. Then imagine that to be your wife having another fuckmate right next door. How that makes you feel is what women are subjecting to under polygamy. How can they raise children with right orientation to develop a nation under such terrible negative psychotic set up?
You haven't made any point yet. The mentality of those people is different from ours. Till today, muslims still practise polygamy and they are not complaining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping / Funny Prayer Request(s) You've Ever Heard / We Are In God's Third Day And The Rapture Can Happen At Any Time - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.