Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Avicii Is Dead!!! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Avicii Is Dead!!! (748 Views)

Swedish DJ AVICII Is Dead!!! / Avicii Died Today / Avicii Is Dead!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avicii Is Dead!!! by ebby9z(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Swedish DJ and record producer Avicii, one of the biggest stars of electronic dance music (EDM) in Europe, was found dead on Friday afternoon in Muscat, Oman, his U.S. publicist said.

Avicii, whose real name is Tim Bergling, was 28.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. "The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time."
No cause of death was given and Baron said no further statements would be released.

Avicii, known for hits like "Wake Me Up" and "Hey Brother," announced in 2016 that he was retiring from touring. He later told Billboard magazine he had made the decision for health reasons.

"The scene was not for me. It was not the shows and not the music. It was always the other stuff surrounding it that never came naturally to me," he told the magazine.

"I'm more of an introverted person in general. It was always very hard for me. I took on board too much negative energy, I think," he added at the time.

However, he did not stop making music, releasing a six-track EP album in August 2017.

Avicii won a number of American Music Awards, Billboard music awards and MTV Europe Music awards for his EDM work.

Culled from Reuters

Re: Avicii Is Dead!!! by ebby9z(m): 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
I'm so devastated by this news.

1 Like

Re: Avicii Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
R.I.P avicii I which I could wake you up.
Re: Avicii Is Dead!!! by collins1895: 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
I love that track HEY BROther...RIP
Re: Avicii Is Dead!!! by directonpc(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hey brother! RIP
Re: Avicii Is Dead!!! by Chubhie: 12:00am On Apr 21, 2018
Wish I could stay forever this young... Thank you for the good music. I miss you already tho death is merely a transition.

(1) (Reply)

Joe Blaque – Best You Had / Wow!!! Lil Kesh And Small Doctor Set To Release A New Song / Download Good And Loved By Travis Greene Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.