Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,022 members, 7,799,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About (31283 Views)

Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted / Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by ItzBIM(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2018
IMASTEX:
Okay, I personally just don't like Lagos as a place of resident.

Resident ko resident evil ni
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 6:51am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

jesu...

bungalow oh angry
do you even know what bungalow is This girl funny o! grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

jesu...

bungalow oh angry
You are still talking bungalow sad... Be ready to drop 1m and above for a 2 bedroom bungalow here.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by DonMekino(m): 6:52am On Apr 21, 2018
seguno2:
Traffic jam is not exaggerated.
Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode should have done better in the last 20 years.
Jakande had ferries and started a metro before Buhari cancelled it in 1984 only to commission a bus stop after 34 years. We must have cursed ourselves to allow such people rule ruin us for so long.
Instead of building on Jakande’s legacy, we are struggling to start from scratch.

And Lagos will still give him 8m+ votes next year....talk of thunder striking more than once

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by jetroolowole(m): 6:53am On Apr 21, 2018
I don't agree with your number 4. The cost of living in Lagos is cheaper than Benin. If you have N100, you can buy food and eat to satisfaction. But don't think N200 will take you anywhere in Benin
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:53am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
dont mind her. Obviously she is still a girl. Or she does not know what a bungalow is. How can you say 300k is expensive for a bungalow? Ordinary flat is over a million naira here on allen where i stay

lmao...

what's the difference between a bungalow and a flat??

I'm obviously talking about 2bedrooms modern flat
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You are still talking bungalow sad... Be ready to drop 1m and above for a 2 bedroom bungalow here.

I prefer to purchase a 10million naira standard house then... upstairs
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 21, 2018
jetroolowole:
I don't agree with your number 4. The cost of living in Lagos is cheaper than Benin. If you have N100, you can buy food and eat to satisfaction. But don't think N200 will take you anywhere in Benin
Benin is expensive
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

are you living in a self contain?
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Benin is expensive

not really

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by cana882(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2018
ITbomb:

Maybe you have never been out of Lagos to any other cities
PH here, a decent bungalow is N350k

I will disagree, Lagos has almost unlimited jobs, the problem is, you may not like most of the jobs (either cos of pay or distance or condition of service).
There are states in Nigeria that you don't even see anything to do
please is it 2 bedroom bungalow?? Just give me a location I beg you cause from ada-George to Rumuola, you can only get one bedroom apartment for that price. I'm very serious please.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

do a research. life is Lagos is more expensive than any other where in Africa. Even London is cheaper
research ko. You think i am a small boy? I have my own flat on allen and i know how much i pay. My padi in abuja is lamemting too cos of rent. If i get i bungalow for 300k that is like stealing the house here in ikeja. 300k for a bungalow is extremely cheap. Paying 1.4m just for a flat here in ikeja. Ordinary office space on the 4th floor is 600K and clients dont want to come to the 4th floor sef. Rent for space on the ground floor na die
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:58am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
research ko. You think i am a small boy? I have my own flat on allen and i know how much i pay. My padi in abuja is lamemting too cos of rent. If i get i bungalow for 300k that is like stealing the house here in ikeja. 300k for a bungalow is extremely cheap. Paying 1.4m just for a flat here in ikeja. Ordinary office space on the 4th floor is 600K and clients dont want to come to the 4th floor sef. Rent for space on the ground floor na die

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

I prefer to purchase a 10million naira standard house then... upstairs
Purchase a 10million Nairalanders house in Lagos or Abuja?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by adbokus(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
that is not true. Smart can be honest. A friend of mine made 60 million within december for doing christmas hamper delivery for just 2 companies. Honest business and she was paid. Is it in osun state or eboni that they will pay you that much to deliver christmas hamper to their customers? Lagos is a land of opportunities. Better wake up
You are acting like someone who's just pumped cocaine intravenously&now on an aggressive irritable rampage. Nothing in that statement connotes absolute and your use of 'can' means most smarts you have come across are shades of fraud. You may be right but it does not mean I am wrong and you can actually debunk my claims without adding an insultive undertone. Guess Lagos teaches one to be needlessly belligerent...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 7:04am On Apr 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Purchase a 10million Nairalanders house in Lagos or Abuja?
didnt i tell you she must be in secondary school? Even in enugu and imo you cant get a bungalow for 300k in the city. She does not know what a bungalow is and now she wants to buy a house for 10million. Lol. Seriously one should just ignore most people on nairaland na teenagers full here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
life in Lagos is very expensive don't be deceived by this post.
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where people pay 300k for house rents for ordinary bungalows
it depends on the area. My friend lives in a 3 bedroom flat of 170k per annum.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2018
adbokus:

You are acting like someone who's just pumped cocaine intravenously&now on an aggressive irritable rampage. Nothing in that statement connotes absolute and your use of 'can' means most smarts you have come across are shades of fraud. You may be right but it does not mean I am wrong and you can actually debunk my claims without adding an insultive undertone. Guess Lagos teaches one to be needlessly belligerent...
e pain am. You want to call lagosians criminals and get away with it. We are hardworking and smart. There are criminals everywhere in nigeria so dont come and claim most of us in lagos are criminals. I have done business in port harcourt and delta and i regretted it cos of the indigenes i involved.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by abumeinben(m): 7:09am On Apr 21, 2018
nero2face:
Lagos is de last place I'd wish to lIve, I go their just for visiting, I can't live such a hostile life, can't live in such a noisy environment, I can't live in a place with so many unfriendly people, I grew up in Port Harcourt, my best state is Enugu state or Osun state, very quiet and peaceful, friendly people...Lagos is not for peaceful people

You still in Osun?
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
didnt i tell you she must be in secondary school? Even in enugu and imo you cant get a bungalow for 300k in the city. She does not know what a bungalow is and now she wants to buy a house for 10million. Lol. Seriously one should just ignore most people on nairaland na teenagers full here
smiley
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by seguno2: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2018
DonMekino:
And Lagos will still give him 8m+ votes next year....talk of thunder striking more than once

Do you think that is why Buhari said that we are uneducated and lazy?
As if he was reiterating what Femi Adesina said earlier that we are intellectually lazy?
If I know that people will vote for me even when I am maltreating them and being a complete failure on all my campaign promises, why won’t I insult, abuse and call them useless names

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by AVECDEO: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2018
bdchange:
I believe it is what you give to Lagos, that Lagos will give back to you. Laziness will get you slums and hardworking will get you success. Which is also applicable in any part of the country just that Lagos might presents better opportunities in that regard.
I disagree with the laziness aspect of the slum simple information can as well salvage many from this ghettos and it depends on what you refer to as slum, some are just happy where they are...not everyone living in the ghettos are lazy.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by adbokus(m): 7:13am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
e pain am. You want to call lagosians criminals and get away with it. We are hardworking and smart. There are criminals everywhere in nigeria so dont come and claim most of us in lagos are criminals. I have done business in port harcourt and delta and i regretted it cos of the indigenes i involved.
You see, you just proved me right! All you are trying to do is score cheap argument points 'e pain am'. You are the child or teenager here. Your sounding like you are smart does not mean you are wise at all. The new you need to learn this morning is you can actually make the little sense you have in your head without being a bozo&you'll get the regard you are hustling for still. By the way, most Lagosian are criminals especially your Jaganban!...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2018
adbokus:

You see, you just proved me right! All you are trying to do is score cheap argument points 'e pain am'. You are the child or teenager here. Your sounding like you are smart does not mean you are wise at all. The new you need to learn this morning is you can actually make the little sense you have in your head without being a bozo&you'll get the regard you are hustling for still. By the way, most Lagosian are criminals especially your Jaganban!...
yes he pain you! What concerns me with argument points. You came here branding lagosians as criminals. And i am telling you that many are honest business men and women only for you to start ranting and saying i was rude. Pls just carry your ignorance dey go. If all you know are criminals you had better change the people you associate with.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HardMirror(m): 7:19am On Apr 21, 2018
iAudio:
it depends on the area. My friend lives in a 3 bedroom flat of 170k per annum.
you are very right sir.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by adbokus(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2018
HardMirror:
yes he pain you! What concerns me with argument points. You came here branding lagosians as criminals. And i am telling you that many are honest business men and women only for you to start ranting and saying i was rude. Pls just carry your ignorance dey go. If all you know are criminals you had better change the people you associate with.
Do you even know what 'ranting' and 'ignorance' mean? I have done neither. A factful verifiable statement was made and an attempt to rectify your innate proclivity for flamboyant slighting was added. That's all...

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by fero007: 7:27am On Apr 21, 2018
Do not mind Lagos people thinking they are the smartest n toughest, call it 'Lagos sense' many of them have not gone far from lagos, visit Port Harcourt, Warri or Benin and you o no say Lagos den b novice, me SS boy go dey fear common area boys for lagos?
If not for stupid govt policies, Ph can easily beat Lagos as the commercial center, we make more money than lagos and are as developed, yet lagos people feel dey feed us in SS. Lagos Is Very Overhyped!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by chronique(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2018
Op, your article no join. Lagos is very expensive to live in, traffic is extremely terrible and the crime rate in Lagos is high. Stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by HoodBillionaire: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2018
room and parlour 450-500k
e pay me make i dey 2nd ugbor for GRA

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by IsaAbubakar: 7:37am On Apr 21, 2018
JideAmuGiaka:
cheesy LAGOS IS A NO MAN'S LAND.
Oba of Lagos is just a useless worthless scumbag idiotic vagabond tout
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by JideAmuGiaka: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2018
fareed69:

Can you prove it?

He's a thief.
Re: 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About by adbokus(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2018
nero2face:
Lagos is de last place I'd wish to lIve, I go their just for visiting, I can't live such a hostile life, can't live in such a noisy environment, I can't live in a place with so many unfriendly people, I grew up in Port Harcourt, my best state is Enugu state or Osun state, very quiet and peaceful, friendly people...Lagos is not for peaceful people
Fact!...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does SUKUK Mean? (Pictured) / Gov Soludo Completes 16KM Ukpor - Umunuko - Nza - Ozubulu Road(photos) / Peace Mass Bus Involved In Accident In Irete, Owerri Road (Graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.